Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4760898 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31am On Oct 30, 2018
Donte101:

still available? call 07084347970 for a good offer.

09 corrola sold.

05 corrola available for sale only

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GBfleet1: 6:35am On Oct 30, 2018
Uber/ Taxify driver needed, A TOKUNBO Toyota Corolla and Camry both 2003 model for rent at 35k weekly not negotiable. Call this number for more info 07056679824. Please note strictly island drivers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tukopy: 7:28am On Oct 30, 2018
Happy Birthday to Me grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2018
tukopy:
Happy Birthday to Me grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by baxton25(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2018
slamstanlee:
i did 4 back to back surge trips from 5am to 10am. Me wen no dey like monday morning work. D minimum was 1.7x, max, 2.1x
Uber sweet today wink
If d body is not looking too palatable u hv to paint it

Chai.... I was in the middle of 2.5x and couldn't do anything.... oooh e pain me
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16am On Oct 30, 2018
fleet sale.

Contact. +234 805 322 1724

The cars are in ibadan

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hanifah04(f): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2018
Do you own a car?
Do you own or manage a fleet of cars?
Are you a driver or partner on uber/taxify Platforms?
Do you want to manage your risk and avoid story that touch the heart? Then you need the following on your car;
Protection against fire and theft
Protection against accidental damage and third party property damage
Compensation on loss of personal effect
Settlement of medical expenses resulting from accident
All you need is a Comprehensive Insurance cover to manage your risk. To know more on what best cover is good for your car(s), kindly reach out to;

Folakemi 08038524799
Shittu 07056213630

Consultation is totally free.

We are Financial Advisors, we offer Insurance Services, we help you manage your risk
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 30, 2018
WinningSun:

thanks

I just de laugh you. You should know when Gazzuz is being sarcastic.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
baxton25:

Chai.... I was in the middle of 2.5x and couldn't do anything.... oooh e pain me

Why do they do that? To pair one with a rider that is outside a surge zone even when you are in the middle of it. How do they do their pairing?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
slamstanlee:
coming for us kwa... uber/taxify cars get those things ready normal normal na
Hope u know that some Uber/ Taxify drivers don't have spare tyre talkless of wheel spanner, this I have seen and its also possible ur spare tyre no longer has air inside. One needs to be checking these all the times so as to avoid this egunje boiz on the road.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
baxton25:

Uber surge na scam!!! Was in surulere 1.9x surge this morning yet Uber gave me 1.3x surge and this is not the first time. Yesterday same thing happened from same location. Dropped off a rider mid morning at Idado, I was seeing 1.5x yet I was given a 1.3x surge from chevron. The question is this why go out of the surge zone to bring trips.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
baxton25:
Uber do me strong thing today, of all days na today wae surge full everywhere naim uber choose to block me this morning....they said I should goan do inspection.... I went to sure, and was redirected to total alapere.... the guy said if he inspects my car this way it ain't passing the inspection... that I should goan paint it. I come dae ask oo Shae this guy want make I just repaint my car, abi watin..... and me I don't have that kind of money now.. is this what they tell you guys on every inspection center, or this guy is playing me, should I just check another inspection centre?
someone must have reported your car having an issue to Uber. Just go and spray the front and back bumper and go back to the inspection center they will accept the car
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
Experienced Uber drivers here, make una educate and help newbies naaa.

What is the consequence of ignoring and not accepting riders request

Sometimes I see request that would take me more than 20minutes to arrive rider's pickup point.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
baxton25:
Uber do me strong thing today, of all days na today wae surge full everywhere naim uber choose to block me this morning....they said I should goan do inspection.... I went to sure, and was redirected to total alapere.... the guy said if he inspects my car this way it ain't passing the inspection... that I should goan paint it. I come dae ask oo Shae this guy want make I just repaint my car, abi watin..... and me I don't have that kind of money now.. is this what they tell you guys on every inspection center, or this guy is playing me, should I just check another inspection centre?
Bros, most times the surge na scam and mirage. Atimes, they intentionally create the surge themselves not as a result of high demand. Areas you are very sure of real surge is V.I and environs at the close of work or mainland weekends. How can Abule ijesha be surging 24hrs of the day even when you know the area very well and you are positioned there yet you will see nothing.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
Tgiirl:

No uber, uber don block me since last year sef

Why were you blocked?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2018
taxiappguy:
Allow me digress a little.
Uber and Taxify should set the expectation for riders.
They should teach riders what to expect from their Rideshare driver.
You Rideshare driver is an independent entity, he is not your salaried driver. Or there to pander to your whims and caprices.
You have not arrived because you are using Uber or Taxify. Pun intended.
Both parties please be nice and it can be a mutually beneficial experience.

I have like 90k in free trips. So I'm giving out 2 free trip requests on Taxify worth 3k each.
Totally free, no strings attached.
If you want one, i assume you know what to do.
Please I have only got 2 to give out so first 2 people.
Cheers.
Bros, I like ur hustling spirit, you sound like Romeo3, are you the same person?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ifyeez: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
Bros, most times the surge na scam and mirage. Atimes, they intentionally create the surge themselves not as a result of high demand. Areas you are very sure of real surge is V.I and environs at the close of work or mainland weekends. How can Abule ijesha be surging 24hrs of the day even when you know the area very well and you are positioned there yet you will see nothing.
I no longer chase surge, dey ve dealt with me,
imagine getting to a surging area, the tomato will disappear

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

If we don't get likes on our birthdays, our life is incomplete :- undecided undecided undecided
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
Megadrop:
Lolzz, check igboefon their is always surge there. I decided to enter the surge one day and end up getting normal request. Saw surge in vgc and was at Ajah I rushed down to VGC only for the surgery to disappear I was wondering whether some drivers got there before me or what?
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tukopy: 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
cross8701:

If we don't get likes on our birthdays, our life is incomplete :- undecided undecided undecided

My friend, assumptions leads nowhere.

What does the like do to ones profile, because I have no idea
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oladee13(m): 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2018
Good day everyone,

Nice thread here. I have been looking into Uber for a while now as a side hustle but not as a driver but a partner. I intend to register my car on the uber platform and have someone drive it while my wife manages it. I am would like to read your experiences on such ideas as well as the potential drawbacks. Also i would like to know how to go about it... as a matter of fact, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Lolzz, check igboefon their is always surge there. I decided to enter the surge one day and end up getting normal request. Saw surge in vgc and was at Ajah I rushed down to VGC only for the surgery to disappear I was wondering whether some drivers got there before me or what?
grin

Yesterday night I was inside V.I at inside 1.8 surge na so 1.1 request enter na with vex I ignore am luckily the very next request came in 1.8 and was going to omole...i was like now you are talking... grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2018
God Abeg these types of riders I am getting today dashing me money up and down should continue like this ooo.
Tips just dey fall on me up and down.
Last one is #400 by this beautiful lady.
grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2018
iyaegin:

Yesterday night I was inside V.I at inside 1.8 surge na so 1.1 request enter na with vex I ignore am luckily the very next request came in 1.8 and was going to omole...i was like now you are talking... grin
That's when surge is talking, not those 4km on surge.
Check this image.
I got 1.1 request but ignored the rider's calls after picking the request. I can't be in a surge zone and be going for 1.1.
Check the screenshot, this is when surge is worthy

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2018

What is the consequence of ignoring and not accepting riders request?

Sometimes I see request that would take me more than 20minutes to arrive rider's pickup point.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
22Mikey:

What is the consequence of ignoring and not accepting riders request

Ignoring a request mean your acceptance rating will drop which means more waiting time.
High cancellation can make you get blocked from using Uber. In a case of useless pickup location or if your mind doesn't go for a certain request, try your luck by informing the rider that you can't make but should cancel maybe a closer driver can get the request.
Or ignore the rider's calls when you are contacted, this will make the rider get frustrated and cancel the request. Long pickups are not worth it but you can call and ask for the destination to know if it's worth going for the pickup.
In all, try to pick all requests to reduce your waiting time. Avoid high cancellation to prevent being blocked.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

That's when surge is talking, not those 4km on surge.
Check this image.
I got 1.1 request but ignored the rider's calls after picking the request. I can't be in a surge zone and be going for 1.1.
Check the screenshot, this is when surge is worthy
Bros, Abeg which toll be #500?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 5:34pm On Oct 30, 2018
iyaegin:

grin
Uber is bae on surge, if we no get request during surge wetin we gain?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 5:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

Ignoring a request mean your acceptance rating will drop which means more waiting time.
High cancellation can make you get blocked from using Uber. In a case of useless pickup location or if your mind doesn't go for a certain request, try your luck by informing the rider that you can't make but should cancel maybe a closer driver can get the request.
Or ignore the rider's calls when you are contacted, this will make the rider get frustrated and cancel the request. Long pickups are not worth it but you can call and ask for the destination to know if it's worth going for the pickup.
In all, try to pick all requests to reduce your waiting time. Avoid high cancellation to prevent being blocked.

Thank you so much!!!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Megadrop: 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2018
brogxy:

Both riders cancelled trip and drivers cancelled trip accounts for one being blocked. In addition to that make sure that your cancellation rate is max 7% all tru the week cos Uber starts counting from Monday till Sunday and at the end if your cancellation rate exceeds the city's preferred cancellation rate you will be blocked. According to Uber every city in operation has its own laid down cancellation rate and drivers mustn't exceed it or else they be blocked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.