Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4762649 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
377:

Ok thanks man so if I go to Uber office,register with a new email and phone no, I can drive with d same car,please put me true brother. So I will need to upload all d vehicle documents and inspection report afresh.
Thanks
I no wan teach you bad things Br, but look for another person with a valid driver's license then let the person attend the training session for you. Then add your car details plus the inspection report to the account you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I no wan teach you bad things Br, but look for another person with a valid driver's license then let the person attend the training session for you. Then add your car details plus the inspection report to the account you are good to go.
Have you forgotten that Uber has a way to counter it.
Random selfie! That means the person must be close to you in facial structure.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
So if you are on the Island anytime from 8:00pm and you need a trip towards the Mainland, just go park opposite Freedom Park, beside General Hospital. Trip request from Sterling Bank Head Office must enter.
That's #2,000 to #3,000 fare, mostly card payments.
Thank me later

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
They say pictures speak better than words. From a trip from Allen Avenue, Ikeja to Cameron Road, Ikoyi yesterday. The lesson, always open your Google Maps, don't assume anything.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
dinowest:
I'm a certified Uber driver. Need a sound Toyota, I can be reached on 08077888465

Send me an email, cross8701@gmail.com
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 10:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
sharpk007:

i don cancel more dan 20 requests because of 1st manner of Approach.

dere was one i told on phone i cant come and pick You, d conversation goes thus;

Rider Harsh: Hello is that Uber?

me: Yes

Rider Harsh: You accepted my request, make it down here fast because i cannot wait

me: kindly cancel.the request because i cannot come ( d pick up is just few metres away and 1.8X surge)

after 5 mins, she called again

Rider harsh: but you just passed infront of my house, OYa please come am.waiting

me: I said even if You are offering me more money am not coming

i switch on My Taxify and i got a 2.0X request
after Anoda 5mins,

Rider harsh: I will report you to Uber

Me: I said if You need extra pen and paper i will gladly give it to You

rider Harsh: she sent a Text message dat " I know people like U are stupid"

i just responded dat " I love ur writing skills"... after like 1hr plus she cancelled ... i just dey laugh say next tym U will learn how to talk with manners.

Well done, simply the best way to treat idiots. The fact that they drive Uber/Taxify does not give you a right to be rude. We are all created equally, a fact that is missed by most people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2019
franksam2009:
bro won't you get penalized for rejecting request?

i manage d cancellation rate well
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
brogxy:

Have you forgotten that Uber has a way to counter it.
Random selfie! That means the person must be close to you in facial structure.
Leave matter for Mathias
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2019
Gentlelife50:

Leave matter for Mathias
Seems you will teach me that.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
Edited
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
377:

This is d mail i got

We are writing to let you know that your rating remains low

We are sorry to say that, in accordance with your terms, because your rating remains below the minimum level required by Uber, you will no longer be able to access the app, effective immediately.

We appreciate this is not the news you were hoping for. Unfortunately, we have now offered you all the tools we have available to help you improve the service you provide to your riders. Ratings are critical for us to maintain the high standards expected by all users of our app and to create a respectful and safe environment for riders and drivers.

The decision has been made after a careful consideration of the facts. While this decision is final, we are happy to answer any questions in person or over email.
This sounds like goodbye
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 10:59pm On Jan 17, 2019
Gentlelife50:

You should do it this way, register with another account, make sure you rearrange your names, use a different bank account but don't add the vehicle OK.

Now find another driver who has been driving, give him your vehicles particulars to upload with the inspection report, after successful addition then he should to go account settings, he should transfer the vehicle to your account, this can be done on the application, to transfer, he would need the drivers mail address and phone number.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
pooozeee:

You should do it this way, register with another account, make sure you rearrange your names, use a different bank account but don't add the vehicle OK.

Now find another driver who has been driving, give him your vehicles particulars to upload with the inspection report, after successful addition then he should to go account settings, he should transfer the vehicle to your account, this can be done on the application, to transfer, he would need the drivers mail address and phone number.

There's no way he can register without a driver's licence, it's either he get another (a fake license) which is risky or look for another person to sit for training.

Once the account is activated after the training he can add the same car as far as the inspection report have not exceeded four months.

It doesn't matter if u use same bank account.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
For the First Bank Head Office version, the right time to be at Freedom Park is from 4:00pm to 8:00pm

nitigriti:
So if you are on the Island anytime from 8:00pm and you need a trip towards the Mainland, just go park opposite Freedom Park, beside General Hospital. Trip request from Sterling Bank Head Office must enter.
That's #2,000 to #3,000 fare, mostly card payments.
Thank me later

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nwizu042: 5:26am On Jan 18, 2019
Picked a rider(girl) from eleganza gardens this evening and we chatted all through the trip.
She stopped by chicken republic to get food. Then proceeded to chevron to get Arizona (drugs). We got to her destination (A hotel in osapa London) . called her client and guy man said he went to get dinner from chicken republic and is already on his way back...
5 minutes later, 2 guys pass stroll pass our car with takeaway packs and branded nylons and were kinda peeping and looking confused. They both went inside while we waited at the car park. She calls him again and this time the number is switched off.
Our next conversations goes thus:

Rider: which kin wahala be this an.. How will you bring me here and then stand me up.
Me:try the number again.
Rider: tries number but switched off.
Me: babe what do we do.
Rider: I don't know oo. This guy was supposed to pay the fare.
Me: ahh. lipsrsealed
5 minutes later.
Rider: end the trip and send me your account number.
Me: account number ke. (I know I am not leaving without this money... Its a taxify trip.)
Babe, I need to go oo.
Rider: start calling different guys but they all come up with excuses.
Me: already tired of the whole nonsense and need to meet up my daily target.
Rider: finally a guy responds , we are going to christ avenue. Lekki phase one.
Me: oshe ...

We get to christ avenue and a guy comes to us. I get paid and she leaves.
Got a call 5 minutes later that she forgot her drugs in my car..
Am like ahhh. See me see wahala. Turns back to return her drugs. She thanks me for doing that and I get tipped by the guy...
*end of story*
This year, no transfer story. I must see alert before you leave. If you like be on suit and tie. I no send you. Taxify riders don spoil finish..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nifemi25(m): 5:47am On Jan 18, 2019
Losami:
send your number. id be in contact

Here is my digit. 08065805412. Hope to read back from you soon. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:57am On Jan 18, 2019
nitigriti:
For the First Bank Head Office version, the right time to be at Freedom Park is from 4:00pm to 8:00pm

But majority of them are going to either yaba or surulere

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2019
BillGoldberg:

There is something I want to tell you
You may not find it funny
Its very hard for me to say
Am trying not to say it

But I will say it eventually
Because If I don't say it
You may not take caution
And learn to be independent

What I wanted to tell you Sir
After taking your time to read this
And knowing that you deserved it

IS THAT YOU ARE VERY STUPPID
OK. You can now scroll back up and reread the conversation, and this time around do it with a little sense.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rosarie(f): 8:24am On Jan 18, 2019
Pls which phone is best used for taxify.am just tired.phone did not take it.how person trying to meet up will go and buy phone.pls which is the best phone and where can one see second hand to buy in Abuja.i refuse to be frustrated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:26am On Jan 18, 2019
True. #1,500 - #2,000 for a 30 minute journey.
Sweet

Gentlelife50:

But majority of them are going to either yaba or surulere

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BillGoldberg: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2019
I will advise people to stop investing in Uber and Taxify for now. How do you buy a car of 2-3 million and you are using it to go and drop school children for 500 naira? How do you carry people with AC from Allen Ikeja to Abule Egba and you are seeing 1,100? How do you make a trip from Oniru to Gbagada and am seeing 1,000? Even Okada under hot Sun will charge above that! Even Molue will charge above that! Funny enough, you still see these basstad riders telling you to go and pickup people along the route so they will share the money 300 each! Who told these e-hailing iddiots to review the price of cabs downwards? Are they not aware that this business is for a class of people? If you can't afford it, getout!

Am in civia pains right now. To beat a rider is hungrying me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:35am On Jan 18, 2019
nitigriti:
True. #1,500 - #2,000 for a 30 minute journey.
Sweet

And you can always rush drive back to Island to repeat.
OK no more free tips from me ooo, make Lagos no come cast

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:19am On Jan 18, 2019
nwizu042:
Picked a rider(girl) from eleganza gardens this evening and we chatted all through the trip.
She stopped by chicken republic to get food. Then proceeded to chevron to get Arizona (drugs). We got to her destination (A hotel in osapa London) . called her client and guy man said he went to get dinner from chicken republic and is already on his way back...
5 minutes later, 2 guys pass stroll pass our car with takeaway packs and branded nylons and were kinda peeping and looking confused. They both went inside while we waited at the car park. She calls him again and this time the number is switched off.

Rider: which kin wahala be this an.. How will you bring me here and then stand me up.
5 minutes later.
Me: account number ke. (I know I am not leaving without this money... Its a taxify trip.)
Babe, I need to go oo.

Am like ahhh. See me see wahala. Turns back to return her drugs. She thanks me for doing that and I get tipped by the guy...
*end of story*
This year, no transfer story. I must see alert before you leave. If you like be on suit and tie. I no send you. Taxify riders don spoil finish..

nice one bro. Imagine all the guys she has to call to save her face. No be girl you carry o,na :-×

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:20am On Jan 18, 2019
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:22am On Jan 18, 2019
nwizu042:

5 minutes later.
Babe, I need to go oo.

*end of story*

nice one bro. Imagine all the guys she has to call to save her face. No be girl you carry o,na lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 9:25am On Jan 18, 2019
Kingsley121:
Nlers, pls i’d like to know more about this Uber partnering.
I’m a student and i think i can come up with at least 350k for a car...pls i want to know if i get an uber driver, how much doni expect as returns in a month... Pls guys i need replies

You can not get a good car for 350k....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2019
I picked a rider from agungi to local airport, at dropoff, this ensued between me n her.
Rider: is there an ATM here cos I don't have enough cash on me and I cant do transfer.
Me: there are ATMs inside but I can't park here to wait you, its a strictly dropoff point.
Rider: let me take my luggage, then go inside to use the ATM while you go turn. I would have been done by the time you're back.
Me: but you have to leave one of the luggage behind.
Rider: I can't run away cos of #3600
Me: changes face n voice... Madam I said you should leave one of the luggage behind while I turn.
Rider quickly oblidged and I moved to turn, came back to meet her standing with my money.
Rider: pls don't do that again.
Me: do what?
Rider: The way you quickly switched mood and.....
Me: turns head to the other side and moved away.

21 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:44am On Jan 18, 2019
BillGoldberg:
I will advise people to stop investing in Uber and Taxify for now. How do you buy a car of 2-3 million and you are using it to go and drop school children for 500 naira? How do you carry people with AC from Allen Ikeja to Abule Egba and you are seeing 1,100? How do you make a trip from Oniru to Gbagada and am seeing 1,000? Even Okada under hot Sun will charge above that! Even Molue will charge above that! Funny enough, you still see these basstad riders telling you to go and pickup people along the route so they will share the money 300 each! Who told these e-hailing iddiots to review the price of cabs downwards? Are they not aware that this business is for a class of people? If you can't afford it, getout!

Am in civia pains right now. To beat a rider is hungrying me.

Easy boss! Don't goan beat army that's not in uniform, I believe taxify too are just set of hustlers, just trying their hands in what they don't really understand... Last week, they review mid December trip and add what I didn't earn on my balance. Yesterday, pick a rider from lekki county to Ikeja, saw 1000...

Me: Sir, we need to talk
Rider: what's it
Me: there is a problem, do you know I pay toll fee 300
Rider: Yes
Me: Now the app is showing 1000, can we say the trip is 700
Rider: No, it should be more, can you review it or is 4k enough for the trip
Me: Sir! Review ke! Just add 500 to the 4k, let me manage it, this app can put someone in trouble
Rider: Ohk

This year one just have to outsmart taxify in the best possible way, I'll keep sayin it, they don't really care.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:47am On Jan 18, 2019
emmancecute:
I picked a rider from agungi to local airport, at dropoff, this ensued between me n her.
Rider: is there an ATM here cos I don't have enough cash on me and I cant do transfer.
Me: there are ATMs inside but I can't park here to wait you, its a strictly dropoff point.
Rider: let me take my luggage, then go inside to use the ATM while you go turn. I would have been done by the time you're back.
Me: changes face n voice... Madam I said you should leave one of the luggage behind while I turn.
Rider quickly oblidged and I moved to turn, came back to meet her standing with my money.
Nigeria now,everybody eye dey red for money matter

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2019
nwizu042:

5 minutes later.
Babe, I need to go oo.

*end of story*

unlike me, I will let her go and she can do transfer to my account later. I have a very compassionate nature which am trying hard to moderate. You handled d situation well.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2019
emmancecute:
You could've handled it in a more subtle manner. You could've sweetly gone like , "madam, due to past experience with riders, leaving a luggage behind seems to be the best alternative. Your suggestion is not in my favor. I'm very sorry,but there seem to be no other way" . I'm sure she'll understand. cool

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2019
emmancecute:
Telling her to leave her luggage behind while she go use d ATM is a very good idea. A little bit of politeness matters too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) (1274) (1275) (1276) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.