Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4743537 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (5689) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by entparrot(f): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
jayooh:

Well those drivers don't drive for 6days, they have their offs, and you are not sure they earn less than 70-80 per month. Take it from me.

And long distance driving is far better than the short drops n pick ups. You just can't justify your idea of 30k for 14hours for 6days. Take it from me.

Most of those long distance drivers are not aware of Uber, if they are aware they will quit immediately and join Uber. If you think long distance is much easier and better, I encourage you to join chisco transport, they have opening.

Kabukabu drivers in ogudu, drive from monin until night, collecting 50naira per passenger, they pray to God to get 1000naira after deliver of 2500 daily. And you are here in Uber making 4-5k daily as Uber driver, still looking for who to cheat.

Don't worry I will invite those Kabukabu drivers to join Uber, they will be more than happy to take ur place.

Then you will be out of job,

go ask drivers who have lost their previous cars, because of greed, they will tell u the real situation of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
entparrot:

Most of those long distance drivers are not aware of Uber, if they are aware they will quit immediately and join Uber. If you think long distance is much easier and better, I encourage you to join chisco transport, they have opening.

Kabukabu drivers in ogudu, drive from monin until night, collecting 50naira per passenger, they pray to God to get 1000naira after deliver of 2500 daily. And you are here in Uber making 4-5k daily as Uber driver, still looking for who to cheat.

Don't worry I will invite those Kabukabu drivers to join Uber, they will be more than happy to take ur place.

go ask drivers who have lost their previous cars, because of greed, they will tell u the real situation of Lagos.
I can see Uber staff hand writing

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vasilias: 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2017
entparrot:

Please stop lying we know kabukabu don't get so much rides but which black & yellow would carry u from inside Festac-Chevron Drive for #2800 and still pay toll.. Which Baba will carry you from Festac-Airport for #1800 with toll included. People just come here to lie anyhow Baba would rather park that His car there than go through all those stress on him & His car when He isn't even sure of passenger getting back

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
Guy I live in ogudu, make we link up

entparrot:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Thanks for sharing your observations. I am not saying Uber is the best investment in the world.I believe I stated I chose fixed deposit, because, in my personal opinion "any investment that outperforms fixed deposit is a good investment" and because they share a common threshold (of couse, so do treasury bills). I can't compare Uber to every single investment, I chose fixed deposit for the sake of relativity ie how good an investment Uber is as compared to another easily understandable investment vehicle. You can also share with us an analysis of your own, the public will be better informed as a result of it. I really would be appreciative if you chose to share more of your observations, thanks and cheers.

THAT BELOW WAS LAST YEAR...THERE ARE SEVERAL MORE....., WHEN WE WERE LESS THAN 40 PAGES HERE, UBER HAD NOT CRASHED PRICE. I READ, BUT STOPPED POSTING BECAUSE, I REALISED THAT THE COUNTRY WAS SO SO HARD, THAT ANY 'FINAL/REAL' RETURN WAS GOOD ENOUGH.. 2%, 5%...10%. % R.O.I WAS IRRELEVANT!!
BUT, BECAUSE OF R.O.I, I WOULD BE QUITE SHOCKED IF ANY IBO MAN IS DRIVING AN UBER CAR! (am not ibo).

ANYWAY, YOU GUYS SHOULD REALLY REALLY CONSIDER BUILDING A STRONG ASSOCIATION, SLOWLY .YOU DO NOT NEED TO STRIKE/STOP DRIVING, SO NO NEED TO FIGHT THE IDEA OR EACH OTHER; JUST KEEP DRIVING, TALKING AND BUILDING....... IN FUTURE, THE R.O.I CAN BE MADE BETTER, FOR EVERYONE TO ENJOY!

oxytech:

In addition to my previous post, let us fact-check to see if you are actually better off ("welfare" gain/loss), after 4yrs:
1. You, didnt depreciate your equipment(Car) as it will wearout, "die"(salvage value=0), and need replacement in say 2-4yrs. Lets be very
optimistic and say 4yrs.
So, on Camry 2.4 Million/4 = 600K depreciation per yr.
2. Cost of funds - 2.4Million to buy the car before or now, did NOT drop from the sky! You should treat it as borrowed money; at today's rates its 27% for transportation sector at Diamond bank. But let's assume its dash money, but we deduct only 18% income loss, as you could have invested in treasury bills(FGN saving bonds) and get 18%. So, we deduct 18% of 2.4Million = 432K as interest/income loss.

So, actual profit = N1,610,000-600K-432K = 578K per yr. In 4yrs, equals 4x578K = 2.3Million(profit).
Total at Hand (saved) in 4yrs, BUT with no car = N2.3M+ 4yrsx(600K+432K) = 6.4Million.

If a MR SAM, was dashed the same 2.4Million, but buys treasury bills at 18%, rolls-over the capital and yield over 4yrs, he gets 2.4M+0.4K+0.5K+0.6+0.7 = 4.6Million.

After 4yrs, you would have earned 1.8Million (6.4M-4.6M) more than MR SAM. That's 8.6K more, weekly. (1.8/(4yrsx52wks)).

Now, the Uber business needs serious MANAGEMENT, so you are suppose to deduct this, even if u are the Manager; as it is an effort u could have put into something else, or hire someone to do.
Minimum Manager wage would be about 40K, that's 9K (40x12/52) a week.

Summarily, in 4yrs you, now on a "Pace-maker", are financially on the same spot (8.6K-9K=0) as Mr SAM who has been smoking Cigar, Pina-Colada, on the Beach, with his new....... wink
If realistically assumptions below are used; in 4yrs, you fit "park Jeep for Third Mainland Bridge" o!!! cry

Ambitious assumptions:
1. Car mostlikely will not survive up to 4yrs of uber punishment. Higher depreciation, less profit.
2. No Down times, repairs, etc- its impossible to have a regular 40K income for 208wks (52x4).
3. What about accidents, towing, lasma, etc in 4yrs?
4. Cost push inflation would increase cost of parts and repairs, so higher contribution, less profit.
5. Even if Uber compensates and increases price over 4yrs, service increases are always less than product price increases.
6. Saturation is occurring as more cars join Uber, leading to less call outs so less income, less profit.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by JamieLannister: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
Good evening guys. Please I want to ask, whats the least car that can be accepted in Uber right now? Used car and New car? Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
It's amazing that some people are arguing with a parrot grin just leave the​ bird to keep talking.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kolajoo(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
I did my training today at Maryland mall and I should be doing my first trip late this evening by 9pm as owner .

Please how can I go about this TIN of a thing to setup payment on my Acct.

Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vasilias: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
kolajoo:
I did my training today at Maryland mall and I should be doing my first trip late this evening by 9pm as owner .

Please how can I go about this TIN of a thing to setup payment on my Acct.

Thank you.

Just go to any FIRS office
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1simbo: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2017
Please I'm interested in your offer. Please let's DM.

rebella:
Looking for a driver on uber and taxify, to deliver 35k per week. please quote this post with your number if interested. Preferably old drivers
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by bare1(m): 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
So uber doesn't accept temporary drivers license for registration? Don't they know how impossible it's becoming to get one after doing a capture?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2017
They do

bare1:
So uber doesn't accept temporary drivers license for registration? Don't they know how impossible it's becoming to get one after doing a capture?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
bare1:

They accept. Am currently using a temporary License, the stamped extended one self.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ruksmaster1: 9:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
JamieLannister:
Good evening guys. Please I want to ask, whats the least car that can be accepted in Uber right now? Used car and New car? Thanks
Cars from year 2000 upwards.
We can chat on WhatsApp if you want to put up a new car on the Uber platform.
I'm a sales representative.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
@oxytech prepare your heart for plenty shock because I know plenty Ibo men with cars on Uber

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toyclicks: 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
ogunvic41:

Are u fog lamps OK? Make sure they are working. U can install HID bulb on ur car or use xenon bulbs. My car has HID and I also use xenon bulbs. I do night jobs so I understand ur challenge

Thanks for being so resourceful and always willing to help

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
examples of Uber +++++

CC Gazzuzz
Ogunvic41
Romeo3

1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
OlugbengaE:
examples of Uber +++++
Please explain how uber ++++ works. I need it, do u mean I go to help and put accident or lost of item after d trip? Thanks. I'll be waiting for ur candid advice.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abitafah(m): 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
xana101:

Please explain how uber ++++ works. I need it, do u mean I go to help and put accident or lost of item after d trip? Thanks. I'll be waiting for ur candid advice.
guy, forget UBER ++. Work hard and you will make good moñey. Remember this kind of money only put you in more trouble.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abitafah(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
OlugbengaE:
examples of Uber +++++

CC Gazzuzz
Ogunvic41
Romeo3
from my own experience, i have discovered that when the network is bad,the GPS seems to malfunction,hence the gps would be moving zigzag wen you are in traffic, instead of it to be static as u are static in the traffic. UBER uses this GPS to calculate fare...as the GPS is moving, the money is calculating This thing is not intentional cos it has happened to me twice, so I advised the rider not to pay me... That i will report her to UBER deñ UBER will credit me with the correct amount and they will also send a msg to her as regards the correct trip fare which she would have to pay along with her next trip fare. It also happens on the opposite when the amount u get after a trip is too low, compared to your expectation. It is just a GPS malfunction.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
there's an app they download that allows them to mess with the GPS resulting in higher fares.
Don't ask me I don't know the name of the app

xana101:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sconp: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
abitafah:
from my own experience, i have discovered that when the network is bad,the GPS seems to malfunction,hence the gps would be moving zigzag wen you are in traffic, instead of it to be static as u are static in the traffic. UBER uses this GPS to calculate fare...as the GPS is moving, the money is calculating This thing is not intentional cos it has happened to me twice, so I advised the rider not to pay me... That i will report her to UBER deñ UBER will credit me with the correct amount and they will also send a msg to her as regards the correct trip fare which she would have to pay along with her next trip fare. It also happens on the opposite when the amount u get after a trip is too low, compared to your expectation. It is just a GPS malfunction.

Have you ever thought of it that, what if this malfunction could be manually infused
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by repairpalng: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Replace/upgrade Your Iphone Battery (4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6s, 7, 7s...)

Are your iPhone batteries bad, or are they not lasting as they used to, or do you just want to UPGRADE your current battery to a higher capacity one. We offer replacement./upgrade services.

Call/Whatsapp: 08137013426 for your order!

View price-list below:

iPhone replacement battery (ALL BRAND NEW). Prices include workmanship.

iPhone 4
1420mah (original capacity) ₦4000
2680mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦6000

iphone 4s
1430mah (original capacity) ₦4000

iphone 5
1440mmah (original capacity) ₦4000

iphone 5s
1560mah (original capacity) ₦5500
2680mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦7000

iphone 5c
1510mmah (original capacity) ₦5000
2680mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦7000

iphone 6
1810mah (original capacity) ₦6000
2850mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦9000

iphone 6s
1715mah (original capacity) ₦6000
2850mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦9000

iphone 6 plus
2915mah (original capacity) ₦7000
3800mmah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦10000

iphone 6s plus
2750mah (original capacity) ₦7500
3800mah (higher capacity for longer uptime) ₦11000

iphone 7
1960mah (original capacity) ₦10000

iphone 7 plus
2900mah (original capacity) ₦15000

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oxytech: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
alstarmayo:
@oxytech prepare your heart for plenty shock because I know plenty Ibo men with cars on Uber
shocked shocked
But investing cars on Uber, and actually doing the driving are two different things o! (ps: am not Ibo)......Anyway, that's not really important here, lets focus on better R.O.I., in future (i.e. Return On Investment).
For the guys that are interested in Uber for a while, do try and consider forming an Association (anonymous, nairaland names).

Note: Hidden Uber "Agents" here, would twist and pounce directly or indirectly to dissuade such reasoning..... #ourmumudondo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Truly #ourmumudondo
Uber is a slavery job. I Wonder why they can not increase their fare a little. At least to match with taxify fare. The comfort ( good car with AC) is good enough to earn better than what uber gives.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
but you are already driving on taxify and making more money according to you, so why are you still complaining about uber?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by abitafah(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
sconp:

Have you ever thought of it that, what if this malfunction could be manually infused
u are very correct bro
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
oxytech:

shocked shocked
But investing cars on Uber, and actually doing the driving are two different things o! (ps: am not Ibo)......Anyway, that's not really important here, lets focus on better R.O.I., in future (i.e. Return On Investment).
For the guys that are interested in Uber for a while, do try and consider forming an Association (anonymous, nairaland names).

Note: Hidden Uber "Agents" here, would twist and pounce directly or indirectly to dissuade such reasoning..... #ourmumudondo
that's true there is an Uber agent here, they (wait list) my account ever since I said something about them
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by akinsky(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
I am Akin, a certified uber driver, already on the uber platform since February this year(2017). asides my 11 years driving experience in Lagos, I seek a partner who owns a durable auto transmission vehicle to pair with. Please if you do. Please call/whatsapp or text me Akin on 08095047643, or email me on akinsky019@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Eminimi: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello. Thank all for your comments, feedback etc. I have been following this thread for a while now. I have a Corolla 09 manual.. Fuel consumption rate is excellent. I'm interested in someone driving it say morning to evening, Monday to Friday, maybe plus Saturday. No night (except you don't want to do day). How much can you deliver, No stories... Straightforward drivers only!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Don't post phone number or email address associated with your Uber account on nairaland. I won't complain about Uber again, there's no point, everybody will do what they want regardless

blackylola:
that's true there is an Uber agent here, they (wait list) my account ever since I said something about them

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (5689) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: SHOOPSYN(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.