Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763733 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
omonla10:
Guys can u advice an intending Uber/Taxify driver on the minimum phone he can buy with minimum price.. Infinix/tecno brand or Samsung brand

If you want to use Infinix and Tecno, just stick to Bolt. Bolt is more like a typical Nigerian app: Very careless, and never gives a fvvk

Uber will detect any change in fares and block you if you use the wrong phone.

My 2 farthings
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 9:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
New scam alert. Guys be careful. Rider go request you make u help am pick stuff. Say u go bring am come another location. E fit be island or anywhere. When the person drop am e go say him balance never complete then the rider will ask you to give some money that he'll balance you when you get there. Pls don't fall for it. Take your cash before you move. I've been scammed. Was thinking I was helping and making money say time cos the offer was juicy. Open ur eyes, they could request you from anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
donshaddow:
New scam alert. Guys be careful. Rider go request you make u help am pick stuff. Say u go bring am come another location. E fit be island or anywhere. When the person drop am e go say him balance never complete then the rider will ask you to give some money that he'll balance you when you get there. Pls don't fall for it. Take your cash before you move. I've been scammed. Was thinking I was helping and making money say time cos the offer was juicy. Open ur eyes, they could request you from anywhere

Hian

What now happened when you got to the rider's final destination?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Howfa the uber 0% something na, e go well?
Me just renew my papers....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 11:10pm On Apr 07, 2019
slamstanlee:
Howfa the uber 0% something na, e go well?
Me just renew my papers....

well for me it was cool

My Weekend was solely Uber cos Request we're entering every minutes

Surge money self na 100%.

let Dem continue ooo

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Terrence15115: 12:18am On Apr 08, 2019
Is there anyone who has a car for rental for a week, or maybe two. No intent to use it for e-hailing, just to move around. Any decent vehicle apart from the ubiquitous corolla will do. Willing to pay 20k for each week. I live in a gated estate which can be verified and willing to provide a guarantor. If there's any interested party, please drop a mail at terrence15115@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 1:11am On Apr 08, 2019
Terrence15115:
Is there anyone who has a car for rental for a week, or maybe two. No intent to use it for e-hailing, just to move around. Any decent vehicle apart from the ubiquitous corolla will do. Willing to pay 20k for each week. I live in a gated estate which can be verified and willing to provide a guarantor. If there's any interested party, please drop a mail at terrence15115@gmail.com. Thanks

Hmmm... sending mail
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 1:12am On Apr 08, 2019
slamstanlee:
subtract your cash collected from ur total earnings, the difference is what you will get on monday. Thats how my app behaves too

Thanks, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tmebaanne(m): 6:20am On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house..
I have this 06 camry for sale.
No hire Purchase pls.
1.2 only.
Yes it was on uber, rider wan kill me...I no do again...
pictures available.
Interested buyer reach me on.
07038547321. whatsapp or call..
Thanks.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vicolame(m): 6:52am On Apr 08, 2019
tmebaanne:
Hello house..
I have this 06 camry for sale.
No hire Purchase pls.
1.2 only.
Yes it was on uber, rider wan kill me...I no do again...
pictures available.
Interested buyer reach me on.
07038547321. whatsapp or call..
Thanks.

Please do you mind sharing your experiences why riders made u deside to sell your own car, am assuming its urs to want to sell it.. and am sure you be one of the "sarewas" no offence, i am just curious grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tmebaanne(m): 7:37am On Apr 08, 2019
I dont really understand the "sarewas".

I did the little assigment I could do for a while. about business, choice of car etc. No matter the research, theres just this one factor that you can never get a hold on. Thats the human factor. The human factor/attitude you think you know it till its starts turin orin own...
Its not a constant.
Its a "no wonder" the business is really for drivers that own their cars.
Too many stories/excuses.
money no de complete. LoL.

A guy meets you tells you he needs a car. you give him car. A week later is Bros, no request. And you will be wondering.. This nigga said he had too much experience with plenty offline clients...(start of your problems.... grin)

A friends tokunbo car came back with 350k damage after first week of delivery...
This isnt my only venture... abeg make I leave this one for una... cheesy

PARDON MY FORMATTING AND PUNCTUATION'S>

vicolame:

Please do you mind sharing your experiences why riders made u deside to sell your own car, am assuming its urs to want to sell it.. and am sure you be one of the "sarewas" no offence, i am just curious grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 8:09am On Apr 08, 2019
franksam2009:
I think Uber is confused, they asked someone to collect 6k from a rider and still went ahead to say his trip is 4600, they immediately deducted 1,400 from the person's Uber account.
So who is now being fraudulent here?

Bros, don't be confused oo. You own 75% of whatever you earn.
6069 was the cash collected. Minus 300 you paid for toll, that's 5769.
Now you'll pay a commission of 25% to Uber to leave you with 4326.75.
Then 4326.75 plus the toll you had paid will give you your 4626.75.
That's how we roll

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 8:15am On Apr 08, 2019
izzou:

Hian

What now happened when you got to the rider's final destination?
Phone switched off.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 8:26am On Apr 08, 2019
Terrence15115:

That one go hard oo. Owners demand at least 25k from drivers, some demand 30k. But maybe you could get for your price sha
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2019
GforGee:

That one go hard oo. Owners demand at least 25k from drivers, some demand 30k. But maybe you could get for your price sha
will you give your own car out for that price? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2019
donshaddow:

Sir, your story confuse me ooo.
You picked stuff and brought to owner (rider). S/he asked money from you....to do what?
And you had take him/her (or the stuff) to another place? Or you jjust blow empty there?
I don't really understand the scam, it seems you scammed yourself ooo. Unless there's a way it happened that you can explain for us to understand.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 8:37am On Apr 08, 2019
franksam2009:
will you give your own car out for that price? grin grin grin

Yes I can ooo......if psychiatric doctor don confirm say I dey craze grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nastydru: 8:53am On Apr 08, 2019
Seun360:

My brother, am not finding it funny right now, completed my 16th trip, checked and noticed that 25% sum was deducted.

I dey go Taxify office first thing tomorrow morning.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2019
donshaddow:
seriously I Don't like people who are dull and not smart, it's not a scam but it's a very dangerous thing to do, without being told u should know u cant pick up stuffs up for security reasons, people might use you to transport drugs and guns, or someone might even set you up and get u in big trouble , this is Lagos you have to shine your eyes, Don't give money that exceed 500 to riders claiming they LL pay wen they get to their destination, simply say sorry I Don't have cash on me,

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 9:13am On Apr 08, 2019
franksam2009:
seriously I Don't like people who are dull and not smart, it's not a scam but it's a very dangerous thing to do, without being told u should know u cant pick up stuffs up for security reasons, people might use you to transport drugs and guns, or someone might even set you up and get u in big trouble , this is Lagos you have to shine your eyes, Don't give money that exceed 500 to riders claiming they LL pay wen they get to their destination, simply say sorry I Don't have cash on me,
I've done a drop off for someone in Magodo and was told will be paid by the parcel owner. It went fine and easy. So, it's not a matter of being dull. Well, as you rightly said, don not give more than 500 if you have to. Which was the reasonable thing I did. I gave 1000, so it was a bearable loss.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donshaddow(m): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2019
GforGee:

Sir, your story confuse me ooo.
You picked stuff and brought to owner (rider). S/he asked money from you....to do what?
And you had take him/her (or the stuff) to another place? Or you jjust blow empty there?
I don't really understand the scam, it seems you scammed yourself ooo. Unless there's a way it happened that you can explain for us to understand.
Rider asked to pick stuff and bring to him. When I got to the point of pick up requested I give the guy a tip and will be added to by fare.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 10:25am On Apr 08, 2019
donshaddow:

Rider asked to pick stuff and bring to him. When I got to the point of pick up requested I give the guy a tip and will be added to by fare.
picking up stuff is a very risky thing to do, that's my point !!! It can get someone into a big mess

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by icze(m): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2019
My driver’s license expired yesterday and I uploaded a new one today but i still haven’t been able to go online.Do i have to go to the uber office or just wait
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2019
I'm surprised y'all don't seem to know much about the scam on uber drivers going on now. This is how it works;

Rider requests for a ride, asks you to pick up something and bring to him/her, usually to a far place. They use the long distance to entice drivers, we all like long trips nah abi?

So at the pick up point, the rider asks you to help him pay for the package(usually 3-10k), or help him tip the person dropping the package. He/she will tell you that he will pay you back including the trip fare when you get to his place.

When you get to the destination, the rider that requested would be no where to be found, the package you picked up would end up being useless. One guy was given a package filled with tissue papers. All the numbers you called before would be switched off mostly forever. Only until then would you realise you've been scammed.

This scam has many variants o, but the main way to avoid all the different kinds is to not use your money to claim any package or settle any bill for a rider, whether he is in the car with you or not. They can easily make a transfer to you, you withdraw the money, pay for whatever they want you to pay for and proceed on the trip. Anything other than that is a scam loading.

Be wise!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by NNAMDIII(m): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2019
Stealth100:
I'm surprised y'all don't seem to know much about the scam on uber drivers going on now. This is how it works;

Rider requests for a ride, asks you to pick up something and bring to him/her, usually to a far place. They use the long distance to entice drivers, we all like long trips nah abi?

So at the pick up point, the rider asks you to help him pay for the package(usually 3-10k), or help him tip the person dropping the package. He/she will tell you that he will pay you back including the trip fare when you get to his place.

When you get to the destination, the rider that requested would be no where to be found, the package you picked up would end up being useless. One guy was given a package filled with tissue papers. All the numbers you called before would be switched off mostly forever. Only until then would you realise you've been scammed.

This scam has many variants o, but the main way to avoid all the different kinds is to not use your money to claim any package or settle any bill for a rider, whether he is in the car with you or not. They can easily make a transfer to you, you withdraw the money, pay for whatever they want you to pay for and proceed on the trip. Anything other than that is a scam loading.

Be wise!
Nice one bro, i now understand you better, please i have some questions and I'll like you to reply me urgently......

I'm a 200level business student in Unn, I'll be graduating next 2 years and I'm thinking of joining this driving business. I don't want to work in an office, you know in Nigeria your certificate doesn't matter, it's who you know(connection) that'll give you a job and it'll be hard to find a good job that someone will be earning up to 100k monthly...

If I'm to start driving will you advice me to register under uber or taxify? What are the requirements? Like drivers license and all those stuffs, i don't have a car but can look for a car that I'll use for higher purchase or maybe I'll just be working for someone weekly and be paying the person like 25-30k weekly. If I'm to pay the owner of the car 30k weekly, can i be able to make 100k a month after paying the owner of the car his money(that'll be 120k monthly)? I stay at the mainland and i need urgent reply....

To meet their requirements how much will everything cost? Like to get driver's licence, go to driving school and all those stuffs and how long will it take me to get all the documents i need?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tripoli007(m): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
NNAMDIII:
Nice one bro, i now understand you better, please i have some questions and I'll like you to reply me urgently......

I'm a 200level business student in Unn, I'll be graduating next 2 years and I'm thinking of joining this driving business. I don't want to work in an office, you know in Nigeria your certificate doesn't matter, it's who you know(connection) that'll give you a job and it'll be hard to find a good job that someone will be earning up to 100k monthly...

If I'm to start driving will you advice me to register under uber or taxify? What are the requirements? Like drivers license and all those stuffs, i don't have a car but can look for a car that I'll use for higher purchase or maybe I'll just be working for someone weekly and be paying the person like 25-30k weekly. If I'm to pay the owner of the car 30k weekly, can i be able to make 100k a month after paying the owner of the car his money(that'll be 120k monthly)? I stay at the mainland and i need urgent reply....

To meet their requirements how much will everything cost? Like to get driver's licence, go to driving school and all those stuffs and how long will it take me to get all the documents i need?

One step at a time bro , how are you sure .You will graduate in 2yrs ASUU strike , Missing script , carry over .. Graduate from school with a good result first ,go for nysc .. I know you want to make money , just take it easy with yourself ..

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammirano: 12:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
tripoli007:

One step at a time bro , how are you sure .You will graduate in 2yrs ASUU strike , Missing script , carry over .. Graduate from school with a good result first ,go for nysc .. I know you want to make money , just take it easy with yourself ..

Pls Advice him on the job if you have the experience to do that and leave his personal life.

Bro. You are really thinking in the right direction, i will adcice you to go fukly into whatecer you have tge passion for now. In the next two years, you will marvel where you will find yourself. SCHOOL does not gurantee anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
franksam2009:
Expert drivers in the house, I bring this matter over to you,
An accident almost happened, den followed by a fight nd heated argument,
The picture below looks exactly like the road it happened
A car coming from the right hand side of the road and about entering a compound on the left opposite side of the road,
Is the car supposed to park first by his lane and allows cars and bikes to pass be4 signaling and entering the compound or
Or slow down while other cars and bike wait for him until he is clear to enter the opposite lane and compound?
Did you just use the word 'park'? In the middle of the road? Trafficate down and slow down until you get to the best place to turn. March it there. Gradually be entering the other lane, with each little opportunity you get. Lagos drivers no de wait for persin oo. If it's a four-lane road, try to give way for those going straight sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
@Stealth100
Thank you for the better explanation. I now know better. But I can't give money to claim package no matter what, it just doesn't make sense. If you can go online to request for trip, how can you not be able to do common transfer

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 08, 2019
[s][/s]
QuitNotice:
Those arguing about who is king or not, there is no king here. It is called ride sharing, which makes it a symbiotic relationship. Even ordinary danfo sef, enter and claim king and see if they won't throw you out. The worst thing is that somebody else will hurriedly take your place, journey continues. For drivers, no request, and we come here to sulk. Requests is here now, and we are now claiming kings? Come on, customers are like the water and manure that nourishes the plant in this biz.
No one is king here. Just drop your ego, gather your chada, and build your dream. We deserve better, guys.
Enough of this childish argument
Sorry for the use of the word 'childish'
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
lakkyflow:
Thanks for your advice Bro.. firstly I will transport myself , secondly Saturday's will be included if not Sunday at times , you know all this private OGA them ..Thirdly having time for myself and family might not be guaranteed.. With E-hailing these may or won't happen , I am hardworking and used to leaving the house before 4:30 am to 5am most times to work , so imagine channelling that effort to E-hailing , How do u see it ? .. I have been following my Ogas here and I must say I don't see anything difficult unless little supervision or location strategies to be effective ... So my Ogas, My main question is can I make that #60k mininmal for myself hustling on E hailing? Thanks
Ehailing is better if you have no problems driving for long hours.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 08, 2019
xana101:
i don't think i like the idea of putting taxi logo on my car. I heardly wait for 30minutes b4 rides comes in. Even if i have to wait longer, i can't try it. When the car is not a cabu-cabu or yellow taxi
I was basically talking about the interim between immediately after dropping a rider, and when I get another request. Your car is a taxi, bro; just that it's not painted yellow. Once I step on the streets of Lagos, I don't dull. I waste no second. It's about me tho. As for whether it is legal or not, I've not been arrested yet.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1472) (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), konkoabove, BAZ001 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.