Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (5093306 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (5795) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Not many partners are giving cars on hire purchase on Uber, If this car is in a very good shape and he is hard working and committed, he can make it definitely. 40K per week for 78 weeks is N3,120,000 which is a very good one. But, he needs to work hard so he can have savings to fix the car during the rainy days.
mrsage:

My opinion. Why not get a smaller car. 2.4l engine is a little too much. You can make do with a nice, sharp car with a smaller engine and spend less on fuel.
Other suggestions: Honda City, Toyota yaris, Corolla, Hyundai elantra or honda civic
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Not many partners are giving cars on hire purchase on Uber, If this car is in a very good shape and he is hard working and committed, he can make it definitely. 40K per week for 78 weeks is N3,120,000 which is a very good one. But, he needs to work hard so he can have savings to fix the car during the rainy days.
boss thanks a lot. its a toks car just coming into the country. and honestly, the reviews are fantastic about the car. that's why am falling in love with it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
TokyoBulls:
My opinion: What's the REAL mileage on the engine? Foreign used? Run Carfax report. Depends on how clean the car is. If the car was bought in Nigeria in 2009 and used for 7 years on Nigerian roads, you will likely have to fix many thing before yosu can emjoy the car. First, check the suspensions (front and rear shock absorbers, stabilizer linkage, bushing, etc) and the engine. Be careful before you sign. If everything checks out or the owner is ready to fix all the issues, you can do 3M in 18 months. That's less than 40K per week.
hmmn boss , the mileage is 130k+ and its foreign used America to be precise.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by babzyluv(m): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2016
Dear All,

Please help out. I do not know if my driver has been deactivated or not. He is unable to go online.

Once logged in, it gives a prompt as if he is a new driver asking for photo upload and documents.

I really do not know what to do as he just started last week Saturday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 11:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sir, don't let your adrenaline pump too much blood. The reviews is about Hyundai Ellantra generally and not about this particular car. You need to check the VIN and use it to obtain a comprehensive report and history of this specific car. If the car is as clean and the history as clear as you describe it, you can go ahead.
vpaymoney:

boss thanks a lot. its a toks car just coming into the country. and honestly, the reviews are fantastic about the car. that's why am falling in love with it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Alaba2007(m): 12:51am On Sep 11, 2016
@Tokyobull: Chairman of Uber. Business man per xcellence. I hail o. shocked cool wink

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 1:47am On Sep 11, 2016
babzyluv:
Dear All,

Please help out. I do not know if my driver has been deactivated or not. He is unable to go online.

Once logged in, it gives a prompt as if he is a new driver asking for photo upload and documents.

I really do not know what to do as he just started last week Saturday.

Just mail dem.......I av d worse of ratings.....and am still on

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 2:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chairman of NURTW or RTEAN? We be hustlers ooooo. Baba, I hail too
Alaba2007:
@Tokyobull: Chairman of Uber. Business man per xcellence. I hail o. shocked cool wink
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hmmm. I hear rumors of fuel price increase. This is a really unstable economy. Fanex and Oxytech might be right after all.

APC deceived the whole lot of Nigerians who voted for them with their "Change" mantra. They are busy filling their pockets with looted funds. Corruption is worse in this present government, than it was with PDP. Politics will always be politics.

For anyone who is considering the Uber business, please note that rising fuel prices, dollar exchange rates, increased inflation, government neglect of roads, flooding, e.t.c. might significantly impact your profit.

Not wanting to scare you off, but ensure you put these into consideration.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Chairman of NURTW or RTEAN? We be hustlers ooooo. Baba, I hail too

lolostic lol
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Praiseson: 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Tokyobulls, Fanex et ela, l have taken my time to read everything and l must say you guys are wonderful. please keep it up and kindly add me to the telegram group, my number is 08055275511 while l take time to call for private discusion.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thanks for the patronage Sir. I appreciate the referral
kollected44:
Hmmm. I hear rumors of fuel price increase. This is a really unstable economy. Fanex and Oxytech might be right after all.

APC deceived the whole lot of Nigerians who voted for them with their "Change" mantra. They are busy filling their pockets with looted funds. Corruption is worse in this present government, than it was with PDP. Politics will always be politics.

For anyone who is considering the Uber business, please note that rising fuel prices, dollar exchange rates, increased inflation, government neglect of roads, flooding, e.t.c. might significally impact your profit.

Not wanting to scare you off, but ensure you put these into consideration.

Also, if you want your car to be managed by TokyoBulls, I highly recommend Him as He is an astute Businessman. But ensure your car is in good working condition.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by subnormal: 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
I have a 2012 Nissan Almera (purchased brand new) and would like to put it on uber. I do not intend to drive the car myself and would consider contracting it out for a fixed rate. How much should I realistically expect to make weekly if I contract it out or if I engage the driver myself.
Also, is it true uber prefers dark coloured vehicles?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by yommywindy: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
yummy76:
my nos 08123064329, like to join the group cos I will be a partner soon. Thanks

please add me to the group, 07031883277
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 12, 2016
subnormal:
I have a 2012 Nissan Almera (purchased brand new) and would like to put it on uber. I do not intend to drive the car myself and would consider contracting it out for a fixed rate. How much should I realistically expect to make weekly if I contract it out or if I engage the driver myself.
Also, is it true uber prefers dark coloured vehicles?

To answer your second question, Uber has no color preference.

For the first, read through the last few pages of the thread. Several analysis, precautions and advice have been given.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by uyplus(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
TokyoBulls:
You can get drivers from daily match making sessions at 4.00 pm in Uber office. If you run a commission model (ensure you have good time to manage the driver and car otherwise there will be more stories than you expected), you can give your driver between 15% and 25% depending on your choice and driver's performance. I used to run this model and I started with a flat 20% commission on after Uber earnings. As I became more experienced, I moved to graduated earnings and gave 15% for less than N80,000 after Uber, 18% for between N80,000 and N90,000, 20% for earnings between N90,000 and N100,000, 22% for between N100,000 and N120,000 and 25% for earnings above N120,000 after Uber. However, I do not do commission model any longer. All my cars and drivers are on rental model and the driver gives me a fixed amount per week

Kindly explain this rental model for me please? I am a potential partner for Abuja. I have a fleet of 4 cars namely: (2) 2008 honda civic, (1) 2008 corolla and (1) 2006 bank corolla and I intend to roll out all 4 cars into the uber biz..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
Rental is such that the partner/car owner agrees on a fixed weekly amount to be paid by the driver. The driver is responsible for operational expenses such as car fuelling, phone cost, phone data, call credit, toll fees, car wash etc while the partner and driver agree on repairs and maintenance. Best deal is around 45k to 55K depending on car status and amount of repairs that need to be done and who does what. For most cars I have seen on rental, partner is responsible for repairs and maintenance and the fee is 50K.
uyplus:

Kindly explain this rental model for me please? I am a potential partner for Abuja. I have a fleet of 4 cars namely: (2) 2008 honda civic, (1) 2008 corolla and (1) 2006 bank corolla and I intend to roll out all 4 cars into the uber biz..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by uyplus(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2016
TokyoBulls:
Rental is such that the partner/car owner agrees on a fixed weekly amount to be paid by the driver. The driver is responsible for operational expenses such as car fuelling, phone cost, phone data, call credit, toll fees, car wash etc while the partner and driver agree on repairs and maintenance. Best deal is around 45k to 55K depending on car status and amount of repairs that need to be done and who does what. For most cars I have seen on rental, partner is responsible for repairs and maintenance and the fee is 50K.

Ok.. 50k weekly? Is that irrespective of wether or not the driver finds a client.. and on maintainance agreement, does that mean there are certain maintenance categories that the driver will be responsible for such as monthly oil replacement and brake pad and certain catgeories that the partner will be responsible for such as engine and gearbox replacement? Can I have your number pls?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Elizadath: 7:31am On Sep 13, 2016
50k at this time? that is not feasible in Lagos for now on X, can say if its abj o.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Adiahabasi: 12:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Elizadath:
50k at this time? that is not feasible in Lagos for now on X, can say if its abj o.
Abj is worse than Lag, their base fare is 250, 50naira per km and 5N per minute. I doubt if ppl drivers can do even 40k rentals in Abj. In Lag these days 40-45k rentals can only be achieved by hardworking deligent drivets, and they aren't common.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by vpaymoney(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Elizadath:

Gbam! u said the truth there. for now the economy is really affecting every sector. if u earn 36k-45k depending on state of the is big money now o. unless if one combine both Uber X n Uber select together that means you must be driving 2012 and above. people just hear Uber and started rushing to the bank to collect loan using their salary as security and now putting pressures on drivers in other to recoup their money quickly. Forgeting that , Uber/transport biz is just like any other biz.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2016
vpaymoney:

Gbam! u said the truth there. for now the economy is really affecting every sector. if u earn 36k-45k depending on state of the is big money now o. unless if one combine both Uber X n Uber select together that means you must be driving 2012 and above. people just hear Uber and started rushing to the bank to collect loan using their salary as security and now putting pressures on drivers in other to recoup their money quickly. Forgeting that , Uber/transport biz is just like any other biz.

True talk

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samyyoung(m): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Elizadath:

Very true.....was wondering who cld do 50k ooo..,cuz a times in a week, hardly make 50k self.....tho a partner/driver, but I feel d 4k free ride really attracted pple to uber..... Unlike now, where all d free riders av exhausted their free rides

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dungren(m): 10:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
I am surprised nobody has talked about how the Lagos state govt policy on taxi business is affecting Uber. Is there truly restriction of Uber drivers through the VIO officials.

I heard Uber is owing LASG N600m based on the new policy, so is it through that drivers are finding it difficult moving around pending the time the issue is resolved.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dungren:
I am surprised nobody has talked about how the Lagos state govt policy on taxi business is affecting Uber. Is there truly restriction of Uber drivers through the VIO officials.

I heard Uber is owing LASG N600m based on the new policy, so is it through that drivers are finding it difficult moving around pending the time the issue is resolved.

The big question is this. How will Lagos State government and Vio identify uber drivers?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dungren(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
mrsage:

The big question is this. How will Lagos State government and Vio identify uber drivers?
By requesting.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 4:07am On Sep 14, 2016
Dungren:

By requesting.

Now my opinion. The almighty government can not rely on guess work to implement a law or policy.

It can not work.

Vio officials only work between 9am to about 3pm. Anytime from 3pm you hardly see them on the roads.

Uber cars are unbranded and drivers don't carry any tag that reads UBER.

Uber has an office here in Lagos and it's well known to all.

I foresee a settlement at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Elizadath: 7:20am On Sep 14, 2016
Lagos govt love milking people/coy and they are pose as enemy of progress or development. no wonder many coys don't use signs
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Let's focus on other things. 50K is more than possible. I have drivers that gross 160K consistently even this season. What I will advise drivers to do is focus on the job and position well while guarding their ratings. Spend no time with those who gather for daily gists and mini-conferences at Ascon, Parkview, etc. In the same 'not feasible' Lagos, a driver on our team crossed 194K after Uber two weeks ago and crossed 190K again last week. Let's focus on metrics and stop generalizing poor performances.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TokyoBulls(m): 8:37am On Sep 15, 2016
The easiest way is to instal Uber app and request for rides. When the cars arrive, they arrest them. It's that easy. The earlier the issue is resolved, the better.
mrsage:

Now my opinion. The almighty government can not rely on guess work to implement a law or policy.

It can not work.

Vio officials only work between 9am to about 3pm. Anytime from 3pm you hardly see them on the roads.

Uber cars are unbranded and drivers don't carry any tag that reads UBER.

Uber has an office here in Lagos and it's well known to all.

I foresee a settlement at the end of the day.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrsage(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
TokyoBulls:
The easiest way is to instal Uber app and request for rides. When the cars arrive, they arrest them. It's that easy. The earlier the issue is resolved, the better.

I agree, they need to resolve it fast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (5795) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: lagunsbespoke and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.