Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,369 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (2899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757976 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

If maybe we all call a spade, a spade, this world would be a better place.

What he did was fraud
He scammed his rider
He stole from him

Him starting the trip was not the issue. He drove down to Berger, parked and negotiated with four different riders and carried them all the way to Ogba before he ended the trip...and to you, that's not fraudulent, but a moment of madness

If it was a rider now, I can imagine how here would be turned upside down.

Or maybe those riders scamming drivers are also having moments of madness too

"He scammed his rider", "he stole from him".. blah blah blah. Did you factor all scenario in before concluding? So why did Uber not block him if it was an outright scam or fraud? Do you know more than them? Do you think Uber condones any of those no matter how small? His intention wasn't to steal from the rider and that's what is important here. He did what he did out of frustration on the job which is very obvious from the start of the incident to the end.

Let's stop all these sounding holier than thou. Some of us do worse things but are always quick to criticize others or am I not relating with Nigerians here? He f**cked up, he has admitted to it. Calling it scam, fraud or stealing is a little bit on the extreme, mere use of sledge hammer to kill an ant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

E shock you? grin
Aswear the shock no be here
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
ndubuis:

"He scammed his rider", "he stole from him".. blah blah blah. Did you factor all scenario in before concluding? So why did Uber not block him if it was an outright scam or fraud? Do you know more than them? Do you think Uber condones any of those no matter how small? His intention wasn't to steal from the rider and that's what is important here. He did what he did out of frustration on the job which is very obvious from the start of the incident to the end.

Let's stop all these sounding holier than thou. Some of us do worse things but are always quick to criticize others or am I not relating with Nigerians here? He f**cked up, he has admitted to it. Calling it scam, fraud or stealing is a little bit on the extreme, mere use of sledge hammer to kill an ant.

Okay sir. Well noted

I will always factor the scenario and intention before calling out scams or fraud.

I'm sure the next case would be a rider. Let's see how the house will address it.

Thanks for the clarification

16 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

This is for everyone.

First, I started by admitting to the wrong did.

I was just furious probably because of some bad ride previously experienced. I called this guy twice and took time to explain to him and affirmed him he don't be charged should he cancel I even went further to let him know his destination is off my way cause of curfew (inside Berger). Those of you saying it's wickedness, who is more wicked after all these explanation I gave to him. If police sieze my car what would I say to my partner?? Ok I should give police all the money I've worked all week long abi

I've had some bad experiences like this that didn't turn out well for me at the end of the day. Yes you win some and lose some, but do I have to always be at yhe loosing end all the time? I've done about 8km PU distance just because rider refused to cancel in which my account has bewn flagged for h8gh cancellation.

Now, my balance as at yesterday was above -N15k so cancelling a card trip would have put my account in a very high risk of being blocked. My account was suspended on Wednesday last week s8mply because a rider cancelled after I'd arrived and was charged. Uber said it was because my cancellation rate was above 7%. Let me stop here. So, All of these put together was why I took that decision to start the trip without the guy.

Well, as I woke up this morning I don forget and my conscience has prinked me and I sent him a text apologising and asking for his acct details to trx back his money. If him like make him send if him like make him no send. Me I don move on.

Thank God I eat the N7500 bonus after completing 32trips for the week so my balance is now reduced to about 3k.

Omooshodi thanks jor...na only I understand well but that doenst mean we r bad people.

Bad people don't have a conscience and I'm not a hypocrite who only share the good experience like every other guy here if I do good I don't say it but I come out bold to say all the bad I think I may have done that's felicity0001 for you all. And in any case it goes I make sure never regret my actions.

Sorry bro.
But your bad is too bad.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

E shock you? grin

grin grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
deedee44:

Aswear the shock no be here

Abeg make we talk another jare

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
donfortune48:

Sorry bro.
But your bad is too bad.
Don't blame me my brother good things and good people don't last. So I think being bad is a good thing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
AtikuIsSure:
hypocrites that's the word for them...including that sportFX. ...watch ur back
Don't mind them assholes and hypocrites all over the thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by harlee(m): 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2020
HELLO HOUSE,A FRIEND OF MINE WANTS 2 RESIGN 4RM WORK 2 START UBER BUINESS,DUDE SAYS WORK HAS BEEN SO 'MAD' SINCE HE RESUMED FROM LOCKDOWN BREAK,HIS SALARY IS 60K,MY QUESTION IS SHOULD HE?IS UBER STILL PROFITABLE EVEN AFTER THE LOCKDOWN?WHAT CAR BRAND WOULD YOU SUGGEST(AFFORDABLE AND DURABLE)?THANKS
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
AtikuIsSure:
tell him to comment.....you can't be going around throwing insult at everyone.....even if omooshodi maybe wrong trying to assist felicity001 with ideas.....that should not open an avenue to be hauling insults at him....this life is not fair and balance anyway.....
And this is felixity0001 balling and enjoying the gbos gbas with a bottle of bear and pkomo now the mod haf ban my own guy that is fighting my fight for me even when my acct is still actively active.

Inside life Chai!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
sportFX:

grin grin
But guy na u find trouble oh. Y do you people always allow the devil to use u people like an instrument of mass destruction self.

That my rider self na him cos all this self because If to say that guy cancel after I've educated him by calling the 2nd time all of these wouldn't have happened. No look my guy omoshodi has been ban till 2030. This life shal! grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sportFX: 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

But guy na u find trouble oh. Y do you people always allow the devil to use u people like an instrument of mass destruction self.

That my rider self na him cos all this self because If to say that guy cancel after I've educated him by calling the 2nd time all of these wouldn't have happened. No look my guy omoshodi has been ban till 2030. This life shal! grin
...... E no balance
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blackbishop(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

Felix my guy, I always laff my self out anything I see people killing themselves over your mata. Them no know say you are not the kind of person they think you are. Felix can be crazy but people if you no know person no dey judge am. Felix abeg no run that kind show again. You re better than that bro

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eyinola: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
northbird:
When I tell folks, Bolt has better features. they will say I'm promoting them.

If it was bolt. No need to pick such a ride. Cos, you r seeing THREE critical metrics.
1. Destination n potential km to b covered
2. Pick up distance.
3. Fare estimates

Bolt, WA gbayi.....

bolt need to introduce cancellation fee, drove from berger to omole phase 1 today, got to pu rider didn't pick call again.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

Okay sir. Well noted

I will always factor the scenario and intention before calling out scams or fraud.

I'm sure the next case would be a rider. Let's see how the house will address it.

Thanks for the clarification

I think we need to start factoring the scenario and intentions henceforth when riders are reported for fake alerts and other scams

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
harlee:
HELLO HOUSE,A FRIEND OF MINE WANTS 2 RESIGN 4RM WORK 2 START UBER BUINESS,DUDE SAYS WORK HAS BEEN SO 'MAD' SINCE HE RESUMED FROM LOCKDOWN BREAK,HIS SALARY IS 60K,MY QUESTION IS SHOULD HE?IS UBER STILL PROFITABLE EVEN AFTER THE LOCKDOWN?WHAT CAR BRAND WOULD YOU SUGGEST(AFFORDABLE AND DURABLE)?THANKS

I hope he is resigning to drive with his car? He might regret his action if he is planning to resign and join ehailing on rental.

As for your inquiry, if the car is his, he will surely make far more than 60k he earns currently on his job.
He should compare the prospect in his current job with his future plans in ehailing if it is safe to resign because sincerely, govt can literally kill any business, ehailing inclusive, just one day with a bad policy.

Lest i forget, dont invest over a million on car for ehailing, I always advise 800kmax, so you can recoup your investment quickly. You can get a good naija used honda civic (from 2003) for 600-700k, you can't get naija used coro for a million or less unless you're lucky, so u might take coro away from your option. Civic is even more fuel efficient than coro afterall. You can possibly get naija used big daddy or matrix for less than 1 million. Hyundai elantra is another option but I cant say about its cost of maintenance or parts.

Good luck.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AtikuIsSure(m): 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

and you are h a p p y

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
peeps4u:

I think we need to start factoring the scenario and intentions henceforth when riders are reported for fake alerts and other scams

I find it amusing that someone would bring that as a defence

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Resurgent2016: 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
jpworld:
One of my driver's earning for the week, he does only uber.

Some drivers i gave HP are paying 30k instead of the normal 35k and they have been paying comfortably.

Here driver's are looking for 20k Corolla. If u offer them Nissan they will reject.

This is net, after uber fee.

Pls blank out the driver's details, dont violate his right to privacy

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by A305: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Lovexme:
Guys, is it safe to increase the weekly remittance? My drive currently remits half of our previously agreed sum pre-covid.
If you need driver's 'validation' from here, in order to run your business then it only tells me, you a step behind.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
AtikuIsSure:
and you are h a p p y
Oh... Now I'm crying!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

I find it amusing that someone would bring that as a defence
And it beats my imagination how you n peep4u can't differentiate btw hushpoppy and daddyfreeze who were dining and drinking wine together
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lovexme(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
A305:
If you need driver's 'validation' from here, in order to run your business then it only tells me, you a step behind.

I don't need validation. I know why I asked here, but you're obviously not helpful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

And it beats my imagination how you n peep4u can't differentiate btw hushpoppy and daddyfreeze who were dining and drinking wine together

That trip you risked your account for was less than #1500

You risked collecting a permanent ban on Uber for just 1500 Nigerian naira

To be sincere, me telling you that you stole from that guy is just me trying to make you look intelligent.

Let this matter rest, Nwanne smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Crvrider: 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
themonk:

Why do Uber drivers refuse to cancel the trip, Does it affect you rating or something? I’m asking because I’ve had a similar issue with someone else, he said he doesn’t want to go I said okay cancel and I left my phone and went out by the time I came back I noticed he started the trip and I was furious so I had to report him.

Why can’t you just cancel the trip bro is their any penalty and why can’t you gently explain to the rider how that penalty affects you.

The reason uber frowns at cancellation is simply because they feel drivers are converting that request to offline trip.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
Blackbishop:

Felix my guy, I always laff my self out anything I see people killing themselves over your mata. Them no know say you are not the kind of person they think you are. Felix can be crazy but people if you no know person no dey judge am. Felix abeg no run that kind show again. You re better than that bro
Don't mind them, most people fail to understand their reason for being here but as for me I'm just to catch fun and show my darkpart as human therefore renew myself to being a better person, nothing more and I like the fact that it's a faceless forum so there's liberty to be that person you truly wanna be without anyone according you some respect or disrespect because they know you.

As for that rider I just wanted to teach him a hard lesson so when next a driver ask him to cancel he would without saying a 2nd word and also he would learn to always call to confirm from the driver if he's going or not immediately he makes a request
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
izzou:

That trip you risked your account for was less than #1500

You risked collecting a permanent ban on Uber for just 1500 Nigerian naira

To be sincere, me telling you that you stole from that guy is just me trying to make you look intelligent.

Let this matter rest, Nwanne smiley

At least I understand the insult but it's okay, it's okay off your Mic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

At least I understand the insult but it's okay, it's okay off your Mic.

grin grin grin

Lol
This man

Nothing do you... grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by themonk(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
Crvrider:

The reason uber frowns at cancellation is simply because they feel drivers are converting that request to offline trip.
Oh! now that makes business sense. Thanks for the information.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
Crvrider:

I would rather say 'cos it bumps/ shatters d reliability of their service.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xrayj(m): 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
Felicity0001:

I then drove down to pu, waited for about 6min could see it was a card trip na there devil come enter my Godly heart and I said let me teach this guy a hard lesson since you want to spoil my own make me help you spoil your own too.

This guy is just pure evil!
The kind of evil things u do are beyond human imaginations. Evil child!
Na your wife I dey pity...

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by starchris(m): 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hello guys I need your help, I have been following this thread for a while now and I must say I have been learning all along. I currently earn less than 100k in my place of work. But I have my online business i do alongside my work. From what I have learnt so far, you guys advice not investing over 1m in this hustle for now. I will be collecting my contribution in November 800k in total please which good car for Uber and bolt can I get for 800k I noticed peugeot 407 is quite cheaper but I have not seen any Uber driver using it. Please do you recommend I go for peugeot 407 with my budget or what good car will u recommend that I can get for 800k for this hustle. Besides I stay in Abuja not Lagos. Please I need sogestions please, help a brother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) (2900) (2901) (2902) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mukah1234(m), jpworld(m), Otunbalai(m), Itsrm(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.