Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,665 members, 7,844,194 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (3622) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4836205 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (5713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 5:10pm On May 17, 2021
donfortune48:

He said he wanted to tip him extra #100, meaning he wanted to transfer #200. How it turned to #5000 is the confusion here.
Had it been that he mistakenly transferred #2000 it'll be understandable.

Though His bossy appearance here gives an vivid insight to what might have transpired between him and the driver and why the driver has refused to refund him.

You are right... Why not transfer the total fare though...something must have happened
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hillso7(m): 6:16pm On May 17, 2021
Guys, need your input on this matter.

Request came in to freedom way from Dr ladi, a #500 trip. Decided to take it to complete my bonus yesterday.

Got to PU rider insist I should drive in, immediately I had this weird feeling, I drove in to pick her though with the gate opened. Got to freedom way a request of 1.6x came in to VI and rider said I shouldn't pick cos am taking her back I told her sorry I already did, she said I should cancel though i ignored her.

Got to freedom way she brought out some money from nowhere and stared sharing 1k each to the plantain hawkers as we return back to her home. The money was remaining 500 and I knew she'd want to pay me with it.

Trip ended 900, asked for my details and transferred 700 claiming she had exceeded her limit then dropped the remaining 500 with her in my cup stand. I left the money there with touching it.

Later something told me to throw the money away but I decided to send her a message to come take her useless money before she regret it. She replied I was stupid since then to word from her again.

What do you advise I do?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:17pm On May 17, 2021
How come nobody is hailing the new innovation on the updated Bolt App. In-app calling, In-app charting and redesigned earnings interphase/page.
Good development, They are trying.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:26pm On May 17, 2021
donfortune48:

I've had such experience before.
Took this young man one morning(8am) from surulere to unilag, on 1.4* surge. he asked me to end the trip and go offline.

Me: are you going somewhere else?
Rider: yes you'll take me home.

I was a little bit upset cos I was chasing morning bonus of 1.2k, and it was remaining only 1 trip to get it. But I decided to let go and waited for him.

I waited for about 40mins before he came back.

Rider: Oya let's go.
Me: where're we going now?
Rider: Ago Palace.

We proceeded.

While on our way.
Rider: how much was the first trip?
Me: 1.3k (actually 1.5k but he had #200 discount)
Rider: okay. Hold this 1.5k first.

We got to his destination @ago Palace Way at about 10:45am.

Rider: call your account number.
Me: 0731xxxxxx
Rider: okay, I've sent you 10k. Thanks for the ride.
Me: (surprised) Thanks a lot.
Rider: you're welcome.

Lucky you cheesy

You may not be that lucky next time

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kanuisagoat: 6:30pm On May 17, 2021
Pearl1910:

Lolz...for him mind, him na chairman wey wan pay u a whole 1k grin

Very annoying I swear.

You should see the way this guy was talking. Riders say bolt drivers are nasty and have bad attitude but how do you encounter these kind of riders without them changing you into something else

And I will never for the life of me understand the rationale behind keeping somebody waiting when you can just end that trip and book another one.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 6:36pm On May 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:

Lucky you cheesy

You may not be that lucky next time

Sure.

There're some other unlucky moments though.
I'll tell them someday.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 17, 2021
Sunnydays:

It's the right number. I reported through the Uber app and on their Twitter but they said I paid with an unsupported method (how were we riders to know that only cash or card are the officially allowed payment methods on Uber) and they can't retrieve my money.

Everyone is aware it's cash or card.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:04pm On May 17, 2021
Pearl1910:
How come nobody is hailing the new innovation on the updated Bolt App. In-app calling, In-app charting and redesigned earnings interphase/page.

Seriously we must give it to bolt. Like joke I’ve seen them taken over from Uber with their recent innovations.
I just reported another yahoo guy now and they’ve blocked his account and compensated me.
My ratings moved from 4.62 to 4.97 in a week
They have more riders than Uber
You can see riders destinations

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:12pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

Request came in to freedom way from Dr ladi, a #500 trip. Decided to take it to complete my bonus yesterday.

Got to PU rider insist I should drive in, immediately I had this weird feeling, I drove in to pick her though with the gate opened. Got to freedom way a request of 1.6x came in to VI and rider said I shouldn't pick cos am taking her back I told her sorry I already did, she said I should cancel though i ignored her.

Got to freedom way she brought out some money from nowhere and stared sharing 1k each to the plantain hawkers as we return back to her home. The money was remaining 500 and I knew she'd want to pay me with it.

Trip ended 900, asked for my details and transferred 700 claiming she had exceeded her limit then dropped the remaining 500 with her in my cup stand. I left the money there with touching it.

Later something told me to throw the money away but I decided to send her a message to come take her useless money before she regret it. She replied I was stupid since then to word from her again.

What do you advise I do?

Sara things... grin. You earned the money bro, it's your sweat, so nothing is gonna come out of it. Moreover, you are aware of what was happening.

If you r not convinced, buy fuel with the money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 7:19pm On May 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Seriously we must give it to bolt. Like joke I’ve seen them taken over from Uber with their recent innovations.
I just reported another yahoo guy now and they’ve blocked his account and compensated me.
My ratings moved from 4.62 to 4.97 in a week
They have more riders than Uber

Bolt is the market leader right now.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 7:55pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?

Na ur mind dey worry you too much of Nigerian movies dey cause am.
Mine was early morning 5am first trip
Got to pick up and man dressed in white with suitcase.
Got to destination and gbam in front of the house was boldly written “Ogboni confraternity “
2 guys quickly came to open door.
He paid me cash and I find out I was just saying blood of Jesus like 1000 times dropped money on foot mat almost regretted coming out early but las las I pick money go buy fuel.
So na ur mind

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fdmskincare: 8:42pm On May 17, 2021
dru23:

I wouldn't trust the word of any kazeem mechanic. Most of them will recommend Mobil xhp 20w50.. If your car has been using Mobil xhp for long time .. It is too late to revert to manufacture recommendation .. The damage has been done already by using thicker oil..........

The manufacture recommendation is to protect your engine from unnecessary wear and tear and combat sludge... The oil is not there to fix any problems that may have been caused by abuse or neglect.....

Personally I prefer Pennzoil to Mobil 1 EP ........

And also the Mobil you got is it Mobil xhp ?
I bought it tokubo, I have NEVER used mobile xhp, I bought the mobile from you sir,and also got a filter of 6k,5 that your representative recommended for a oil of 20k miles.when I got the pennzoil, I got a filter of 2k,5 that u recommended. So I dont know why it dried up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by fdmskincare: 8:52pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?
I don't think you needed to call her,you could have just easily thrown it away and it ends there if your spirit is against it(me I for take the money...its my money)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 9:07pm On May 17, 2021
fdmskincare:

I bought it tokubo, I have NEVER used mobile xhp, I bought the mobile from you sir,and also got a filter of 6k,5 that your representative recommended for a oil of 20k miles.when I got the pennzoil, I got a filter of 2k,5 that u recommended. So I dont know why it dried up.

I called ur number few hours ago and a lady picked up. I really don't why it dried up ....... I used the same Pennzoil on my 2011 Infinity G25x. And I will change the oil 7k miles .. I have 3k miles to go before change...

Before I use Pennzoil on my Infinity G25x I had used Mobil 1 EP 5w30. I prefer Pennzoil to Mobil 1 EP my car runs smoother and quieter compare to Mobil 1 EP ......

My guess is some cars run better on certain oil .. Some cars will short oil on certain brand and some don't .....
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:09pm On May 17, 2021
tunlapapa:
I don't know why you guys are responding to him.
His first approach in this thread was very bad, and moreover, I think he got the right response from Uber, be it Twitter or app, cash and card are only supported payment but Nigerians have a way to misuse things hereby he claimed wanting to transfer N100 or N500 if I read right.

I already gave the answer on what Uber/Bolt will say when somebody advised him to report the trip, so reporting was a waste of time.

That guy should just forget about that money and move on.

But I doubt he will because he sounds broke, arrogant and childish, tagging all drivers "criminals" is enough to even ignore him.

Let him suffer for his sins.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:18pm On May 17, 2021
kanuisagoat:
Picked this one on a N500 naira trip Told me to end the trip, go offline, wait for him till he's done and take him back to the same place I picked him.

I'm just here wondering if there are drivers that actually agree to this kind of nonsense. If to say na better return trip self, shey I for understand.

And there's a way people say things that makes you wonder if they grew up under any parent.

"Go inside and park. End the trip, go offline and wait for me. You will take me back". Really?

cheesy cheesy

Sometimes, you wouldn't blame the riders. Its the rubbish some drivers tolerated in the past that they pass on to new drivers and expect it to be the normal trend.

Picked up two guys from Lekki Gardens Phase 2, destination Blenco Sangotedo. Before they came out sef na war, almost ten minutes paid waiting. After they finally came out, they came out with a 12.5kg gas cylinder and 25lts petrol keg. My mind was like, maybe they wanted to go to Petrocam for gas and petrol at once.

As they came in, I asked where they were headed, they said Blenco. As we were going they started talking about what they would buy and all. For my mind, hope these ones no go expect me to wait o?? Interestingly, they didn't ask or tell me anything o.

When we got there, one of them said "Shey he go wait for us", the other one now said "please don't end the trip". I just turned and looked at them and was like, "Sorry, I've ended the trip", then I ended the trip. The guy was like, we have stuffs in your boot na. I was like, "So you expect me to wait for you while you go shopping".

Last last sha, my rating dropped. cheesy cheesy cheesy But who cares, right?

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:21pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?

Do you know where the lagoon is?

Rubbish! Mteeech
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by InfinityEstates: 9:26pm On May 17, 2021
Felicity001:

I already gave the answer on what Uber/Bolt will say when somebody advised him to report the trip, so reporting was a waste of time.

But I doubt he will because he sounds broke, arrogant and childish, tagging all drivers "criminals" is enough to even ignore him.

Immediately I saw the guys post, I didn't even bother 'cos of his manner of approach. And when I saw that he wrongfully accused DeeDee as the driver (I think) and tagged all drivers as fraudulent, I just locked up.

Some people are just lazy in reading. Before I began commenting on this thread, I read from the beginning till the latest post, so there were questions I already knew answers to. If the guy did, he would have known how to present matters.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:29pm On May 17, 2021
fdmskincare:

Let me see how baba will address now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2021
dru23:

I called ur number few hours ago and a lady picked up. I really don't why it dried up ....... I used the same Pennzoil on my 2011 Infinity G25x. And I will change the oil 7k miles .. I have 3k miles to go before change...

Before I use Pennzoil on my Infinity G25x I had used Mobil 1 EP 5w30. I prefer Pennzoil to Mobil 1 EP my car runs smoother and quieter compare to Mobil 1 EP ......

My guess is some cars run better on certain oil .. Some cars will short oil on certain brand and some don't .....

In that case let's wait to see how the Mobil performs then
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:02pm On May 17, 2021
Pearl1910:
I don't use the in-app calling though. I always want to have my riders' numbers in case we get issue and need to communicate after trip

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:08pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?
Take your car to car wash and tell them
. money is there when you're thru grin
Na joke o
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:15pm On May 17, 2021
BAZ001:

Na ur mind dey worry you too much of Nigerian movies dey cause am.
Mine was early morning 5am first trip
Got to pick up and man dressed in white with suitcase.
Got to destination and gbam in front of the house was boldly written “Ogboni confraternity “
2 guys quickly came to open door.
He paid me cash and I find out I was just saying blood of Jesus like 1000 times dropped money on foot mat almost regretted coming out early but las las I pick money go buy fuel.
So na ur mind
Dem too dey do sara for that island that is supposed to be full of learned people. I've carried one before too, we first went to one eatery to get take away food, 20 packs. Then we headed to freedom way, he started giving those beggars one by one and coincidentally I was very hungry that afternoon.
One mind was wishing he would give me, the other was saying how would you collect that kind of food. I just said O Lord let thy will be done, and he did not offer me food.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 10:16pm On May 17, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?

If I tell you say I get your point here eh... Na Scam.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 10:18pm On May 17, 2021
Felicity001:

A lady, not a guy
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 11:01pm On May 17, 2021
I just stumbled on this, but my thought is if this is true then many bolt/Uber drivers life span is emmmmm
Uber moove drivers and rental guys chaiii...

https://m.guardian.ng/features/working-55-hours-a-week-increases-risk-of-death-un/amp/

Working more than 55 hours a week increases risk of death from heart disease and stroke, according to a United Nations study out Monday.

The report by the UN’s World Health Organization and International Labor Organization agencies comes as the Covid-19 pandemic accelerates workplace changes that could reinforce the tendency to work longer hours.

“Working 55 hours or more per week is a serious health hazard,” said Maria Neira, director of the WHO’s environment, climate change and health department.

“It’s time that we all — governments, employers, and employees — wake up to the fact that long working hours can lead to premature death.”

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:39pm On May 17, 2021
I actually saw a driver like that today. He carried the lady to a hotel and she asked him to wait. Was waiting for his rider for about 40 mins as at the time I got there. I asked him if it was on surge. He said no. How long dem go stay there? He cant say. Some guys just mumu for dis job.
kanuisagoat:
Picked this one on a N500 naira trip Told me to end the trip, go offline, wait for him till he's done and take him back to the same place I picked him.

I'm just here wondering if there are drivers that actually agree to this kind of nonsense. If to say na better return trip self, shey I for understand.

And there's a way people say things that makes you wonder if they grew up under any parent.

"Go inside and park. End the trip, go offline and wait for me. You will take me back". Really?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Blossomayo: 11:44pm On May 17, 2021
I have Neatly used samsung Galaxy a10s
Location is yaba
Uber/bolt recommended

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:46pm On May 17, 2021
The fear of low rating makes some drivers take shits. I don't care a out your rating. Me I no dey take nonsense.
InfinityEstates:

cheesy cheesy

Sometimes, you wouldn't blame the riders. Its the rubbish some drivers tolerated in the past that they pass on to new drivers and expect it to be the normal trend.

Picked up two guys from Lekki Gardens Phase 2, destination Blenco Sangotedo. Before they came out sef na war, almost ten minutes paid waiting. After they finally came out, they came out with a 12.5kg gas cylinder and 25lts petrol keg. My mind was like, maybe they wanted to go to Petrocam for gas and petrol at once.

As they came in, I asked where they were headed, they said Blenco. As we were going they started talking about what they would buy and all. For my mind, hope these ones no go expect me to wait o?? Interestingly, they didn't ask or tell me anything o.

When we got there, one of them said "Shey he go wait for us", the other one now said "please don't end the trip". I just turned and looked at them and was like, "Sorry, I've ended the trip", then I ended the trip. The guy was like, we have stuffs in your boot na. I was like, "So you expect me to wait for you while you go shopping".

Last last sha, my rating dropped. cheesy cheesy cheesy But who cares, right?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 12:59am On May 18, 2021
donfortune48:

I've had such experience before.
Took this young man one morning(8am) from surulere to unilag, on 1.4* surge. he asked me to end the trip and go offline.

Me: are you going somewhere else?
Rider: yes you'll take me home.

I was a little bit upset cos I was chasing morning bonus of 1.2k, and it was remaining only 1 trip to get it. But I decided to let go and waited for him.

I waited for about 40mins before he came back.

Rider: Oya let's go.
Me: where're we going now?
Rider: Ago Palace.

We proceeded.

While on our way.
Rider: how much was the first trip?
Me: 1.3k (actually 1.5k but he had #200 discount)
Rider: okay. Hold this 1.5k first.

We got to his destination @ago Palace Way at about 10:45am.

Rider: call your account number.
Me: 0731xxxxxx
Rider: okay, I've sent you 10k. Thanks for the ride.
Me: (surprised) Thanks a lot.
Rider: you're welcome.

Ur ass was saved...u didn't know where u where going, U haven't negotiated price and u agreed to wait for only God knows how long.

What if he came and told u he has changed his mind or called a destination u wouldn't like to go or transfered 2k to u at the end for the offline trip
You would have now cried that people are wicked and heartless grin...let's approach this hussle with a business mentality, we aren't doing people favours, running charity or doing giveaways cool but like they say, experience is d best teacher

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 1daboi: 1:04am On May 18, 2021
deedee44:

Dem too dey do sara for that island that is supposed to be full of learned people. I've carried one before too, we first went to one eatery to get take away food, 20 packs. Then we headed to freedom way, he started giving those beggars one by one and coincidentally I was very hungry that afternoon.
One mind was wishing he would give me, the other was saying how would you collect that kind of food. I just said O Lord let thy will be done, and he did not offer me food.
I have experienced exact same trip too

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:07am On May 18, 2021
hillso7:

What do you advise I do?

If u r sure its ur spirit man that is speaking and not ur chicken heart that is scared of jazz grin, give the cash to a berger or drop it in offering basket in church or mosque. Don't spend it on anything for urself or ur car, don't mix it with ur other cash. The N700 transfer is safe though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3619) (3620) (3621) (3622) (3623) (3624) (3625) ... (5713) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.