Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4746913 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4376) (4377) (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TopeQs: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2022
komodapson:

Send an email to Pearl on this platform, he'll be glad to get your issues resolved. I apologize for such cruelty, crookedness displayed by the driver, going further, always take time to read before you part with your money in Nigeria except if your money isn't hard-earn grin
Gracias!!!

Thank you for your response...
I read everything, I just expected it to ask for my payment confirmation from me which it didn't, so I send cash instead and I got debited again.

I don't think it's the driver's fault though, he asked me and I said cash transfer. I didn't know the card option was what I would use.

Anyways, I'll try other alternative.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2022
TopeQs:

I read everything, I just expected it to ask for my payment confirmation from me which it didn't, so I send cash instead and I got debited again.

I don't think it's the driver's fault though, he asked me and I said cash transfer. I didn't know the card option was what I would use.

Do you have your debit card details added to the Bolt App?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by interleukin(f): 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hello Everyone, Please I need guidance.

Please I'm thinking of giving my personal car to my neighbour to drive and give me weekly returns.

He approached me to suggest this a few days ago. He's a family man with 3 kids and has been out of a job for a while and so have I(recently). I rarely go out these days cos I'm doing some online work that's bringing in some change for me.

I used to use the car for Uber 2 years ago but as a female in my town doing Uber, it felt unsafe at times so I don't want to do it myself again.

Please I need help with suggestions should I make him sign a contract? Who will be responsible for fixing the car and how much should I except to be paid per week? Will he have the key always or have to come pick it up from me every morning? Plus there will be times I will also need to use the car for my personal stuff.

He used to have a car until someone borrowed it for a wedding and wrecked it. Prior to that he was using his own car for Uber and offline trips.

Your advice and suggestions are welcome.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
TopeQs:

It's d drivers fault. Call him and ask him to refund ur money cos it was a card trip and he knows but still collected cash from u.
Even if u made a mistake he is supposed to inform u it's a card trip.

Many times I have had that experience, some riders even say they didn't put their card on the app, but it's showing me card trip, and I will say... well I don't know how come about that, but it will be rectified.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2022
@interleukin

Draw up a detailed contract with him and outline perfectly who will handle the basic and complex things....

Basic things such as servicing of the car, repairs that has to do with suspension, car body and replacement of parts should b well outlined...it can be equal management , or outright apportioning to either of the party.

Complex ones such as change of engine, gear or a major part must be will detailed as well, in most cases the car owner take care of it, if such repairs comes up.
if the car is well managed and taken care of, complex repairs can be avoided. (I stand to be corrected)

using the basic repairs : If he will be responsible for repairs I will advice you consider 20-25k weekly payment, if it will be shared repairs and maintenance, you can consider 25k-30k weekly payment ...if you will like to be in charge of repairs then 30k weekly payment is ideal.

Note: the work is very slow at the moment due to post festive spending and absence of surge.

In regards to who keep the key. He keeps it, so you won't impede on his work schedule, just imagine he isn't your neighbor, I am sure you won't expect him to be coming to knock your door daily to submit and retrieve key.

In regards to days you will need the car, ensure you outline it in your contract, that such instances will occur and in such week, the agreed weekly payment will be divided by 7 and he will only remit for days worked i.e if weekly payment is agreed at 30k and you need the car for 2 days... Payment for that week will be 30k/7 =4285 , 4285 X 5 = 21,425.

Above all, ensure the contract is well drafted and duly agreed and signed by both parties...

I wish you well

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by samobaba4u(m): 7:18pm On Jan 14, 2022
IFSHR:

God bless you bro....thats the street name...

Mine occured around 10pm on a wet night......

So you've been there at the bolded before but now na 9-5pm. grin. Every BIGMAN has story to tell

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2022
samobaba4u:

So you've been there at the bolded before but now na 9-5pm. grin. Every BIGMAN has story to tell

Even office job of 8-5, sometimes you end up closing late..... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2022
IFSHR:
@interleukin

Draw up a detailed contract with him and outline perfectly who will handle the basic and complex things....

Basic things such as servicing of the car, repairs that has to do with suspension, car body and replacement of parts should b well outlined...it can be equal management , or outright apportioning to either of the party.

Complex ones such as change of engine, gear or a major part must be will detailed as well, in most cases the car owner take care of it, if such repairs comes up.
if the car is well managed and taken care of, complex repairs can be avoided. (I stand to be corrected)

using the basic repairs : If he will be responsible for repairs I will advice you consider 20-25k weekly payment, if it will be shared repairs and maintenance, you can consider 25k-30k weekly payment ...if you will like to be in charge of repairs then 30k weekly payment is ideal.

Note: the work is very slow at the moment due to post festive spending and absence of surge.

In regards to who keep the key. He keeps it, so you won't impede on his work schedule, just imagine he isn't your neighbor, I am sure you won't expect him to be coming to knock your door daily to submit and retrieve key.

In regards to days you will need the car, ensure you outline it in your contract, that such instances will occur and in such week, the agreed weekly payment will be divided by 7 and he will only remit for days worked i.e if weekly payment is agreed at 30k and you need the car for 2 days... Payment for that week will be 30k/7 =4285 , 4285 X 5 = 21,425.

Above all, ensure the contract is well drafted and duly agreed and signed by both parties...

I wish you well
Aptly said

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
IFSHR:
@interleukin

I wish you well

Pls, no one should add nor subtract from this well detailed write-up,in other not to be repetitive. Nice one bro. You did a Yo'man job. Unto the next one grin

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 7:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
May the Good Lord bless the Lady who transferred N3,000 as tip into my account, following the completion of a short trip.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by providencia(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
MoonlightDrive:
May the Good Lord bless the Lady who transferred N3,000 as tip into my account, following the completion of a short trip.

Amen

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by komodapson(m): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
MoonlightDrive:

Remember to give daddy freeze ur %10 tithe grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2022
Abeg make una no dey make person mind dey cut anyhow, I said so because this summer abi winter of a thing is being blown out of proportion.

So drivers actually expect to be making 40-60k per day like some did during the surge era?
I have driven for a couple of days and I can say it's not even as bad as I thought.
Any experienced driver knows when the real winter will come, that time you'll see drivers parked along Chevron drive, airports car parks and the likes to be gisting.

Meanwhile while coming back I decided to warm my high mileage car small, it's not for the faint hearted.
It was around 200km/h before I was able to screenshot, in Felicity's voice I was doing 120 and my map was showing 200.
grin
Don't try it at home ooo

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
Gentlelife50:
Abeg make una no dey make person mind dey cut anyhow, I said so because this summer abi winter of a thing is being blown out of proportion.

So drivers actually expect to be making 40-60k per day like some did during the surge era?
I have driven for a couple of days and I can say it's not even as bad as I thought.
Any experienced driver knows when the real winter will come, that time you'll see drivers parked along Chevron drive, airports car parks and the likes to be gisting.

Meanwhile while coming back I decided to warm my high mileage car small, it's not for the faint hearted.
It was around 200km/h before I was able to screenshot, in Felicity's voice I was doing 120 and my map was showing 200.
grin
Don't try it at home ooo
Where you they run go chief grin

Small small o. But the thing be say if I hold better car for better road I fit max the speedo sha tongue

Highest I go with my Coro na 130km/h

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
ReadaDream:

Small small o. But the thing be say if I hold better car for better road I fit max the speedo sha tongue

I no like car wey no dey run, that's why I don't like that una cubicle called Corolla.
grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OmegaAutos: 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2022
ReadaDream:

i dey nack 200 with my peugeot on balanced highway

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
interleukin:
Hello Everyone, Please I need guidance.

Please I'm thinking of giving my personal car to my neighbour to drive and give me weekly returns.

He approached me to suggest this a few days ago. He's a family man with 3 kids and has been out of a job for a while and so have I(recently). I rarely go out these days cos I'm doing some online work that's bringing in some change for me.

I used to use the car for Uber 2 years ago but as a female in my town doing Uber, it felt unsafe at times so I don't want to do it myself again.

Please I need help with suggestions should I make him sign a contract? Who will be responsible for fixing the car and how much should I except to be paid per week? Will he have the key always or have to come pick it up from me every morning? Plus there will be times I will also need to use the car for my personal stuff.

He used to have a car until someone borrowed it for a wedding and wrecked it. Prior to that he was using his own car for Uber and offline trips.

Your advice and suggestions are welcome.

I think somebody was here some times last year with same or similar situation to seek option here and since then we didn't hear from him.

First. Which state do you reside? And what brand of Car is it you own??

If I were that man I wont ever think of approaching a neighbour for such a thing instead let him look for money to fix his car.

Madam its obvious this is yiur only car, i don't know if you're married. If yes, seek advise from your husband but if no, I'd advise you stay stick to yiur car and make use of it when ever you wish because one thing I know about you ladies, its extremely difficult to please a woman. You know how our society is b4 people will say you want to snatch another woman husband o by then nobody will want to listen to you that you're just trying to assist a family man.

Its obvious you want to do this out of sympathy for the man and his family, I'd suggest you spare him some cash if you've instead to fix his car rather than rent yours to a neighbour because [b]your best friend today may be your worse enemy tomorrow [/b]and I'm sure you don't want it to be yiur next door neighbour

12 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BondWorks: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
Dailyparrot:

I will be going to Imo state on 29th in case you have someone that wants to travel there on that date.

Hi guys, Does any of the e hailing taxi work 24 hours now please

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
Felicity001:

I think somebody was here some times last year with same or similar situation to seek option here and since then we didn't hear from him.

If I were that man I wont ever think of approaching a neighbour for such a thing instead let him look for money to fix his car.

Madam its obvious this is yiur only car, i don't know if you're married. If yes, seek advise from your husband but if no, I'd advise you stay stick to yiur car and make use of it when ever you wish because one thing I know about you ladies, its extremely difficult to please a woman. You know how our society is b4 people will say you want to snatch another woman husband o by then nobody will want to listen to you that you're just trying to assist a family man.

Its obvious you want to do this out of sympathy for the man and his family, I'd suggest you spare him some cash if you've instead to fix his car rather than rent yours to a neighbour because [b]your best friend today may be your worse enemy tomorrow [/b]and I'm sure you don't want it to be yiur next door neighbour
Apt!
That is to say.... Neighbors turned enemies loading in 3,2,1...

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eswhy001(m): 11:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
@Pearl1910 @northbird thanks both for the reply.

I didnt have the idea of cost earlier so I will try to negotiate 1.9m now or 2m max cos he's asking for a down payment too, I don't think he wants to go for rental.

Please what are the necessary things to look out for to know the car's still in good shape for the biz. Though it's a neat car, I intend going with a mechanic too but I would like to have an idea on what and what to check.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mejai(m): 11:51pm On Jan 14, 2022
Gentlelife50:

grin
Don't try it at home ooo
Nna! I dey fear to come Lagos with the reports on winter season. Dalu, I dey come soon.

Every hustle, biz even oven lighting grin dey get peak and low period Sha grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peeps4u: 1:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Ac must be working well
Radio must be working.
The papers must be inspected and complete, especially customs paper.
The owner will still have the papers with him pending when you complete the car payment, but ensure the car isn't a stolen car and has valid/complete papers before you embark on HP deal.

Your mechanic should help check for engine, transmission and suspension.

I advise you inquire if he's the first user of the car as the tokunbo, and how long he's used the car (you should know this from the papers though)

If you get at 1.9m or 2m, consider yourself lucky. If you get it at 2.1m, still a good deal provided the far is sound.

You will be 100% responsible for the car repairs and maintenance until you complete the payment and becomes yours.

Don't go beyond 25-30k weekly even if you think you can do 40k weekly. You need to have cash in your bank and pocket to maintain yourself and the car. Don't divert all your earnings on weekly remittance

The Veterans on this thread will do justice to the lil I said.

Good luck to you.
eswhy001:
@Pearl1910 @northbird thanks both for the reply.

I didnt have the idea of cost earlier so I will try to negotiate 1.9m now or 2m max cos he's asking for a down payment too, I don't think he wants to go for rental.

Please what are the necessary things to look out for to know the car's still in good shape for the biz. Though it's a neat car, I intend going with a mechanic too but I would like to have an idea on what and what to check.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eswhy001(m): 1:39am On Jan 15, 2022
thanks boss, Im going to do al dat.

peeps4u:
Ac must be working well
Radio must be working.
The papers must be inspected and complete, especially customs paper.
The owner will still have the papers with him pending when you complete the car payment, but ensure the car isn't a stolen car and has valid/complete papers before you embark on HP deal.

Your mechanic should help check for engine, transmission and suspension.

I advise you inquire if he's the first user of the car as the tokunbo, and how long he's used the car (you should know this from the papers though)

If you get at 1.9m or 2m, consider yourself lucky. If you get it at 2.1m, still a good deal provided the far is sound.

You will be 100% responsible for the car repairs and maintenance until you complete the payment and becomes yours.

Don't go beyond 25-30k weekly even if you think you can do 40k weekly. You need to have cash in your bank and pocket to maintain yourself and the car. Don't divert all your earnings on weekly remittance

The Veterans on this thread will do justice to the lil I said.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by interleukin(f): 2:25am On Jan 15, 2022
Thank you very much for this.

IFSHR:
@interleukin

I wish you well

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by interleukin(f): 2:27am On Jan 15, 2022
Thanks for this advice. These are some other things I've been worrying about. I'm in uyo. It's my only car, a corolla, and I am single.

Felicity001:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lush100(m): 2:32am On Jan 15, 2022
interleukin:
Thanks for this advice. These are some other things I've been worrying about. I'm in uyo. It's my only car, a corolla, and I am single.

Uyo.

No no no

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Gentlelife50:

I no like car wey no dey run, that's why I don't like that una cubicle called Corolla.
grin
bad mouth grin
Which one be cubicle lol

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:45am On Jan 15, 2022
OmegaAutos:

i dey nack 200 with my peugeot on balanced highway
Tuale o shocked

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TopeQs: 5:40am On Jan 15, 2022
Pearl1910:

It's d drivers fault. Call him and ask him to refund ur money cos it was a card trip and he knows but still collected cash from u.

Many times I have had that experience, some riders even say they didn't put their card on the app, but it's showing me card trip, and I will say... well I don't know how come about that, but it will be rectified.

Alright, I called him and he said he requested for a refund. Said it takes 48 hours, if that don't work he'll refund me.

ReadaDream:
Do you have your debit card details added to the Bolt App?

Yes I do.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity001(m): 6:52am On Jan 15, 2022
Pearl1910:

I have had several experiences about this same issue, most its a 3rd party ride and amounted to above 5k and some 3k Andi always inform the person trip has already been paud for.

But there was this lady I collected money from still even though the trip was a card trip... According to her her sister requested for her... I know say na lamba, bolt must have blocked her account for wrong doing or low rating.

This girl called me on WhatsApp with an Int'L No... Talking like an Americana... Was outside for more than 10min in the dark with hazard light on as instructed on the app... I was almost leaving when she finally came out and identify herself she's d one I'm to PU.
Wow! I thought you're oyinbo na... Where d hell are you from, auntie say from Imo state.. You needed to hear the rubbish accent this girl was forming for me.

Auntie why didn't you request urself so you can get ur driver easily?

I don't have the app

How about Uber

Neither.

And how long have you been doing this? Asking people to request for you?

Like a year now?

I chuckled, and you're comfortable with this?

Yeah!

Okay ooh! I let her be and faced my work.

Got to her destination auntie asked, how much?

N900

She handed 1k over to me.

I zoom off.

Sabi u r comfortable with it by the time u pay double you go get sensegringrin

Me?? Chief Hoodlum??!
gringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 6:53am On Jan 15, 2022
This winter is real even Saturday morning no tomatoes? Friday night too no surge
I’m beginning to believe it’s bolt that tweek dis surge and not demand and supply.
Rubbish request coming in per seconds.
Or we have more ants drivers in the neighborhood?
Let me just obey the voice of the elders.

Gym welcome me with open arms

[img]https://c./H_Ea4m22vgwAAAAC/mohamed-farah-running.gif[/img]

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by IFSHR: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2022
Felicity001:

I have had several experiences about this same issue, most its a 3rd party ride and amounted to above 5k and some 3k Andi always inform the person trip has already been paud for.

But there was this lady I collected money from still even though the trip was a card trip... According to her her sister requested for her... I know say na lamba, bolt must have blocked her account for wrong doing or low rating.

This girl called me on WhatsApp with an Int'L No... Talking like an Americana... Was outside for more than 10min in the dark with hazard light on as instructed on the app... I was almost leaving when she finally came out and identify herself she's d one I'm to PU.
Wow! I thought you're oyinbo na... Where d hell are you from, auntie say from Imo state.. You needed to hear the rubbish accent this girl was forming for me.

Auntie why didn't you request urself so you can get ur driver easily?

I don't have the app

How about Uber

Neither.

And how long have you been doing this? Asking people to request for you?

Like a year now?

I chuckled, and you're comfortable with this?

Yeah!

Okay ooh! I let her be and faced my work.

Got to her destination auntie asked, how much?

N900

She handed 1k over to me.

I zoom off.

Sabi u r comfortable with it by the time u pay double you go get sensegringrin

Me?? Chief Hoodlum??!
gringrin

Bro what you did is wrong and unjustifiable abeg.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4376) (4377) (4378) (4379) (4380) (4381) (4382) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: IFEBARBIE, donfortune48(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.