Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (4501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757133 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

How much fill am up?
#8000.

It was empty to the bottom

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Felicity0001: 5:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
Viking07:
So I just got my tank filled up today courtesy of RIDA app. Got the VIP treatment. No queuing. grin

How?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2022
Felicity0001:

How?
They issued fuel coupons to their riders. So all you need do is take the coupon to the designated filling station, show them the coupon and they let you in without queue.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
ReadaDream:
Finally... No crayfish waka. Ileya
Your car temperature dey always dey middle. Too much AC I guess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 6:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
Viking07:
That's where its supposed to be with or without ac. tongue

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
Men? Is this end times? See queue in Mobil ozumba that has curled round the main road like snake.

Omo I have 2 bars petrol left out of 10 bars.

The way I drive now ehn, even bicycle is horning for me, chai!

Time yo go hang my jersey, till Nigeria gets it’s shhh together. This my remaining petrol is meant for only me abeg, before I follow surge and get stranded.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2022
Viking07:
That's The normal operating temperature. Fan comes on only when needed... and yes I use AC all the time

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
Viking07:
Biko explain “dead driving “ and how to reduce it.
20 marks smiley .

Josephase:
What's dead driving

Dead Driving is simply driving that doesn't fetch u money while u r on duty.

E.g
1. Repositioning to get another trip after u end a trip. Driving from Alakuko back to Ogba before u get a good trip.

Solution is to avoid going to areas u may likely not get a trip back from. Always go to areas that are within commercial zones and busy hubs to ensure u don't have to drive far before u get another trip.

2. Many short trips means u will drive considerable amount of time and distance multiple times to PU your Riders. All those distances can be significant when combined together over a period of a week.

Solution: avoid multiple or too much short trips.

3. Driving 3 to 5km to PU. That's a trip on its own. But u did it without earning, so that's fuel wasted.

Solution: avoid long distance PU except it's gonna be worth it.

14 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Please, I don’t know if Uber/Bolt accept bicycles?

It’s seats 4

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2022
Pearl1910:

Dead Driving is simply driving that doesn't fetch u money while u r on duty.

E.g
1. Repositioning to get another trip after u end a trip. Driving from Alakuko back to Ogba before u get a good trip.

Solution is to avoid going to areas u may likely not get a trip back from. Always go to areas that are within commercial zones and busy hubs to ensure u don't have to drive far before u get another trip.

2. Many short trips means u will drive considerable amount of time and distance multiple times to PU your Riders. All those distances can be significant when combined together over a period of a week.

Solution: avoid multiple or too much short trips.

3. Driving 3 to 5km to PU. That's a trip on its own. But u did it without earning, so that's fuel wasted.

Solution: avoid long distance PU except it's gonna be worth it.

You can also reduce your speed and rate of acceleration during pickups like these.

I drive real real slow during pickups, I try not to hit the brakes until absolutely necessary.

I even put on my hazards to mimic a car with problems so that others can zoom past me.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iheartellah(m): 7:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
VaselineCrew:

It’s seats 4

Guy grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2022
VaselineCrew:

You can also reduce your speed and rate of acceleration during pickups like these.

I drive real real slow during pickups, I try not to hit the brakes until absolutely necessary.

I even put on my hazards to mimic a car with problems so that others can zoom past me.

10 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 8:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
tobisunday:

I'm hoping to wait till month end to get more cash so as to go for a higher model probably 07-08 civic

Hope I'm not making a mistake

Stick to dru's bulletproof 05 civic, check previous post wrt 08 cracked block problems.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
VaselineCrew:

It’s seats 4

grin

Tesla cars would ve made more sense this period

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
HOW TO AVOID FUEL SCARCITY LONG QUEUE

1. After working for the whole day, do not go home drive around the vicinity you find yourself, look for a safe standard filling stations that has fuel to sell next-day.

2. Park your car at the doormouth of that filling station till following morning to avoid joining long queue the next day..

3. Eat your dinner and sleep inside the car till next day

4. Wake by 4am to position yourself to be first to be attended to when they start selling

5. Buy full tank and if possible extra 50 litres in Jerry can that will serve you 2-5days depending on how u work. (50 litres for top up)

6. After buying fuel, go home and refresh and rest for sometime before you start Work.

7. Repeat 1- 6 when u exhaust your fuel.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2022
GeneralZodd:

grin

As in ehn bros.

Forget the money aspect for a sec, just imagine having 400 kilometers of pure electric power.

We have a small 2kw solar setup at home, so I would still be able to charge it small small even if there is no light.

Unlike petrol vehicles that always idle, you won’t burn energy sitting in traffic, besides the power draw from the air conditioner, and accessories, because the motors aren’t spinning.

Plus it is so much more efficient than petrol vehicles, costing so little to go 1 kilometer vs petrol cars. Last I checked, it takes about 250 watts to do a mile in a small Tesla, which is incredible. So if you have a 20 amp supply at home, you can put 16 miles/25km per hour, while you are sleeping, and you wake up to an almost full car.

Then obviously, you are not buying oil, filter, plugs, and the rest.

Anyways, it’s just unfortunate that the prices are still too expensive for now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chinyce(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2022
GeneralZodd:

grin

Or Diesel Engines cars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by VaselineCrew: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
GeneralZodd:

1. After working for the whole day, do not go home drive around the vicinity you find yourself, look for a safe standard filling stations that has fuel to sell next-day.

2. Park your car at the doormouth of that filling station till following morning to avoid joining long queue the next day..

4. Wake by 4am to position yourself to be first to be attended to when they start selling

5. Buy full tank and if possible extra 50 litres in Jerry can that will serve you 2-5days depending on how u work. (50 litres for top up)

6. After buying fuel, go home and refresh and rest for sometime before you start Work.

7. Repeat 1- 6 when exhaust your fuel.

God have mercy!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
chinyce:

Or Diesel Engines cars
I have left petrol heads behind. tongue
I don tire for this PMS wahala. Although AGO is 440/litre, its available.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
VaselineCrew:

As in ehn bros.

Forget the money aspect for a sec, just imagine having 400 kilometers of pure electric power.

We have a small 2kw solar setup at home, so I would still be able to charge it small small even if there is no light.

Unlike petrol vehicles that always idle, you won’t burn energy sitting in traffic, besides the power draw from the air conditioner, and accessories, because the motors aren’t spinning.

Plus it is so much more efficient than petrol vehicles, costing so little to go 1 kilometer vs petrol cars. Last I checked, it takes about 250 watts to do a mile in a small Tesla, which is incredible. So if you have a 20 amp supply at home, you can put 16 miles/25km per hour, while you are sleeping, and you wake up to an almost full car.

Then obviously, you are not buying oil, filter, plugs, and the rest.

Anyways, it’s just unfortunate that the prices are still too expensive for now.

Wow. Interesting

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GeneralZodd(m): 8:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
chinyce:

Or Diesel Engines cars

Yeah. But for ehailing is a No, because @440 per litre, you won't make good profit with fare prices Bolt and Uber are offering to riders

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
Omo... Rider go still they in shock

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 3RNEST(m): 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2022
ReadaDream:
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donfortune48(m): 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2022
ReadaDream:
This one pass 4.0 surge oh!

Abi saka still dey work?

53.7km * 78 = 4,188.6
151mins * 13 = 1,963
+ 300 base fare
= 6,451.6

6,451.6 + 5% bolt extra charge
=6451.6 * 1.05 = #6,774.18 without surge.

With 1.9 surge = #12,871.

27,800 is equivalent to 4.1 surge

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by YeyeGbami: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
ReadaDream:

Which kain abami trip be this, if na me be rider omo i go run away.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2022
donfortune48:

Abi saka still dey work?

P.. waiting.... Over an hour + @ least But d guy get mind sha..... Shey cos of this money, bar that can't build you a house.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
GeneralZodd:

7. Repeat 1- 6 when u exhaust your fuel.

All these just to buy fuel?
Nigerians can be funny sha, nobody is even talking about the unexplainable cause of this scarcity, they are already learning tips to enable them adjust.
Left home by 5 but couldn't cross Ajah by 9 at a point we even had to come down and start discussing, so what's my point? Even when you have fuel you still have another challenge or battle to face, some even have money but couldn't see fuel to buy.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
donfortune48:

Abi saka still dey work?

53.7km * 78 = 4,188.6
151mins * 13 = 1,963
+ 300 base fare
= 6,451.6

6,451.6 + 5% bolt extra charge
=6451.6 * 1.05 = #6,774.18 without surge.

With 1.9 surge = #12,871.

27,800 is equivalent to 4.1 surge
According to the source, he said trip lasted for 7 hours. 8-3pm

But bolt is showing something different

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 9:46pm On Mar 01, 2022
YeyeGbami:

Which kain abami trip be this, if na me be rider omo i go run away.
Rider sef no get street OT. Wey you for fly bike from Ajah to Lekki Phase one and then book another ride to Ikeja.

My own sha be say, hope the driver collect money complete

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chillex8(m): 10:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
ReadaDream:
I no believe this screenshot. tongue

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
chillex8:

That's where its supposed to be with or without ac. tongue
Well, my own no dey pass this level without AC. It only hits the half way mark when on AC. Maybe na too much Lagos hold up dey make una see am as normal. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) (4504) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Mewales and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.