Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4746649 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5195) (5196) (5197) (5198) (5199) (5200) (5201) ... (5690) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
Itsrm:

I don't know if it's to split your head into two and put what I'm saying in it at this point. That bad vehicle did not breakdown because you took it on the highway, it still would have broken down in town given the same conditions that made it happen on the highway. A bad car is a bad car.

Vehicles operate optimally at high speeds and not in stop and go traffic. Battery is well charged, engine operates at normal temperature, transmission goes to the highest gear and stays there for long, no constant changing of gears like in the city, brake pads, steering, shafts, shocks experience less usage on the highway and less wear and tear.

Everything I've stated here is a statement of fact. I'm surprised anyone with a working brain can even argue this.

Lolz...okay I don hear. Make I carry my coconut head pass one side before u break am for me.
But before I go let me ask, if u have a fan that u have never put on speed 5, u only use it for gentle breeze 2 or 3 and another one u always leave on speed 5 from morning till evening, which of these two fans do u think will last longer?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2023
I wonder how guys that ply Ogudu/Alapere - Berger/Opic cope on daily basis. shocked

Earlier I was taking an offline client to Ibadan from Lekki, got to Ogudu around 730, as at 905am we got to that diversion for Ikorodu exit. I suggested to my client that we should use Ikorodu - Ogijo - Sagam and head to IB. She agreed as she was already running late for her appointment.

That was our only saving grace..because If we stayed on the normal route, I'm sure we'll still be there by now, that traffic goes as far as Opic!

My only mistake was not using map from lekki. I'd have suggested we use Epe route.

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by HonourablePomk: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2023
northbird:

The oniwaya /oba ogunji trap has been documented here already.

Was there a page for that? Please direct me to go through traps in Lagos. If I had stopped for them na another story
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2023
HonourablePomk:

Was there a page for that? Please direct me to go through traps in Lagos. If I had stopped for them na another story

Read up on the thread..I think that page was in the year 2021.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2023
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Not true. When last did you buy. Toks is around 25k new one between 40 to 60k. All depends on the quality.

Oya let's bet 20k. I will deliver a brand new Camry 03/04 oil pump to you for 25k.
U will still have 10k change from your estimate.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...oya pity her and return N300 abeg. grin grin grin make she no cry again.

I go text the guy to send em account say both ask me to dash him 300
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ghost1994:
Good day everyone. I need advice:-

I have a 6 speed manual classic Nissan TIIDA 2008 sitting at home everyday. Everything is intact but wifey doesn't know how to drive manual.

Also, I'm not currently not in naija I'm planning on buying auto car for her which she can be using for her businesses and kid(s) runs.

Sir/ma, is it advisable to give this car on rental/hire purchase, or make I kuku leave the car at home sitting idle (this Uber is what I used in owning my first Car through hire purchase which I sold and use in japa) although God has blessed me not that I have billions but I'm very comfortable.

Also I've bought 3 bikes 🚲 for hire purchase which I put my Dad in managing it of which I later regretted it had to tell him to take all the bikes so that I won't get frustrated cos too many complains of not having remittance and all.

I don't really wanna sell the car because the car is my first profit I made over here and I feel is just like I'll be uplifting someone from problem(s).

I'm very afraid to trust people again especially drivers/riders.

I'll appreciate your inputs
sell the car and re Invest because not everyone can drive manual and also you are not in the country to monitor if you decide to give it out....my one cent sir

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
id4sho:

What signs did the oil pump gave you? I use same car. Thanks in anticipation

Oil pump indicator always blinking red, till we later discovered the oil pump is bad i.e not supplying the engine the required quantity of oil for lubrication.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2023
HonourablePomk:

careful for that road oooooo.... That road show me shege when I just start driving..... I wanted to pick a client at the left turn in agunbiade or so but I joined the queue turning back to pen cinema or going to ogba/Ikeja first mistake, went back again decide to stay on the first lane right thinking I'm on the right path only to see that those turning always make two lane and it was difficult to switch to the third lane,went back again but before I reach the traffic light rider don cancel the order I just jejely dey go house...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by obinoral1179(m): 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
pope191:

I go text the guy to send em account say both ask me to dash him 300
why text,bolt already sent you an account or you wan rip the guy....this aspect of bolt is the best...one client don carry my #1300 run for indrive claims he sent it and he has refused to pick calls......

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:52pm On Apr 28, 2023
ReadaDream:
I wonder how guys that ply Ogudu/Alapere - Berger/Opic cope on daily basis. shocked

Earlier I was taking an offline client to Ibadan from Lekki, got to Ogudu around 730, as at 905am we got to that diversion for Ikorodu exit. I suggested to my client that we should use Ikorodu - Ogijo - Sagam and head to IB. She agreed as she was already running late for her appointment.

That was our only saving grace..because If we stayed on the normal route, I'm sure we'll still be there by now, that traffic goes as far as Opic!

My only mistake was not using map from lekki. I'd have suggested we use Epe route.

It's not usually like this. Surprisingly, From 7am till now there is still traffic from thirdmainland bridge to Berger as if it is closing time. Today there was no traffic into thirdmainland bridge from d mainland, I was thinking my Google map was still hanging from yesterday's trip.
That Berger traffic is now more than mad. I can bet 70% of people that came home in that traffic yesterday couldn't wake up early to go to work on d island today again.
For me ones I leave Ojodu-Berger axis in d morning, nothing will make me come back till my last trip in d night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 3:54pm On Apr 28, 2023
When I need one I will let you know. I sell cars
Pearl1910:

Oya let's bet 20k. I will deliver a brand new Camry 03/04 oil pump to you for 25k.
U will still have 10k change from your estimate.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
obinoral1179:
careful for that road oooooo.... That road show me shege when I just start driving..... I wanted to pick a client at the left turn in agunbiade or so but I joined the queue turning back to pen cinema or going to ogba/Ikeja first mistake, went back again decide to stay on the first lane right thinking I'm on the right path only to see that those turning always make two lane and it was difficult to switch to the third lane,went back again but before I reach the traffic light rider don cancel the order I just jejely dey go house...

Big boy ehailing driver, any small thing u don go house grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ReadaDream(m): 4:12pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pearl1910:

It's not usually like this. Surprisingly, From 7am till now there is still traffic from thirdmainland bridge to Berger as if it is closing time. Today there was no traffic into thirdmainland bridge from d mainland, I was thinking my Google map was still hanging from yesterday's trip.
That Berger traffic is now more than mad. I can bet 70% of people that came home in that traffic yesterday couldn't wake up early to go to work on d island today again.
For me ones I leave Ojodu-Berger axis in d morning, nothing will make me come back till my last trip in d night.
I knew something wasn't right. The traffic usually don't go beyond Otedola at worst CMD during the day until like 4/5pm before it stretches to Alapere side.

That's why I didn't bother to check map, only to approach Ogudu and it was blocked down to Opic.

The way I avoid that axis and Ikeja these days eehn... Na only interstate trip they make me pass there.

Person wey say we go leave IB by 2pm sef never finish like this. Which kind Wahala be this

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jibwillz: 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pearl1910:

As a science student (except u are not) u should know that any machine or system that works at high rate is dispensing more energy and doing more work.
In d case of a car, driving 120-140km/hr for hours, is definitely different from within town driving. Ur engine and every part of the car is strained from covering more miles within a short time frame.

Have u asked why cars that where formerly used for interstate movement are relegated to Intrastate after some years of service? Have u asked why a car that u will be using for months without issue will suddenly break down on d highway when u carry it to travel?

How can u say d only difference between highway travelling and within town movement is tyre wear and tear??... U dey amaze me o!!!
I don’t know much about cars oo, but I don’t agree with your opinion on this.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by id4sho(m): 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
sunnymighty:

Oil pump indicator always blinking red, till we later discovered the oil pump is bad i.e not supplying the engine the required quantity of oil for lubrication.

My own flicker when kick starting, could this be a symptom?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by juman(m): 7:20pm On Apr 28, 2023
Just imagine if I have experience of driving uber in that city for a week.
It would be life time experience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by juman(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
Some serious minds are making loads of money from uber, bolt etc.

Dont sit idle, be doing something.
Go out and do any available job..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Glithronix: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
obinoral1179:
how far it's been long, how is indrive rider treating you?
Ogami, sir.
For this period wey traffic Don grow extra wings, person must apply wisdom oh.
I don go park for house since 5pm. This is how I've been running my race since after the Ramadan public holiday that we finished fasting.
I always enter house between 5pm - 6pm, then monitor traffic till night time and if road clear before 10pm, I roll out and target just 3 trips to boost my gross. If road no free before 10pm, I stay home and enjoy the night.
Indrive requires sense and calculation - cos as we indrivers no dey like seeing traffic, na jolly time for bolt drivers. grin
Just look at the traffic conditions at the moment. lipsrsealed
Na Saturday and Sunday dey give me joy now.
Indrive riders? I know how to handle them. cool
Much respect, boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sunnymighty(m): 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2023
id4sho:

My own flicker when kick starting, could this be a symptom?

No

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by northbird: 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
Ghost1994:
Good day everyone. I need advice:-

I have a 6 speed manual classic Nissan TIIDA 2008 sitting at home everyday. Everything is intact but wifey doesn't know how to drive manual.

Also, I'm not currently not in naija I'm planning on buying auto car for her which she can be using for her businesses and kid(s) runs.

Sir/ma, is it advisable to give this car on rental/hire purchase, or make I kuku leave the car at home sitting idle (this Uber is what I used in owning my first Car through hire purchase which I sold and use in japa) although God has blessed me not that I have billions but I'm very comfortable.

Also I've bought 3 bikes 🚲 for hire purchase which I put my Dad in managing it of which I later regretted it had to tell him to take all the bikes so that I won't get frustrated cos too many complains of not having remittance and all.

I don't really wanna sell the car because the car is my first profit I made over here and I feel is just like I'll be uplifting someone from problem(s).

I'm very afraid to trust people again especially drivers/riders.

I'll appreciate your inputs

Leave at home or Sell the car when it still has market value. How do you plan to oversee such kind of business ?getting TRUSTWORTHY employees is a very herculean task in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
obinoral1179:
why text,bolt already sent you an account or you wan rip the guy....this aspect of bolt is the best...one client don carry my #1300 run for indrive claims he sent it and he has refused to pick calls......

You go like make I feed your part of the violence? The guy is saying his money is 4500, I just deh laff em grin make e dey play. After spending such hours in traffic, he is expecting me to go home with 3750. Is that not the origin of wickedness? Make I carry em play small too. Two can be mad grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:13pm On Apr 28, 2023
Jibwillz:
I don’t know much about cars oo, but I don’t agree with your opinion on this.

All those points are valid, but it isn't practical in all my years of driving experience. Maybe our own highway in Nigeria is different from highway overseas. Our experience here in Nigeria is such that a car that is used for Interstate travels gets damaged faster than a car used for Intrastate commute. Examples are all over, so I will not really depend on a white man's experience overseas to describe or explain a phenomenon which might be unique to my own environment. If I can get answers to my questions, my opinion might change. But till then... I will rather buy a car that has been used mainly within town for d last 5years than buy a car that has been running Lagos to Abuja for the past 3years.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...okay I don hear. Make I carry my coconut head pass one side before u break am for me.
But before I go let me ask, if u have a fan that u have never put on speed 5, u only use it for gentle breeze 2 or 3 and another one u always leave on speed 5 from morning till evening, which of these two fans do u think will last longer?
Boss you’re trying to compare Apples with oranges. I think the dude is very correct with his assertions. Just accept and concede. 😁🙏🤪

interstate/highway driving is less stressful on the engine than intrastate/town service.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2023
Pearl1910:

Our experience here in Nigeria is such that a car that is used for Interstate travels gets damaged faster than a car used for Intrastate commute. Examples are all over,
This is not true. Can you compare GIG or peace park vehicles with your usual Lagos traffic molue?

I have a friend that does only airport trips. These are usually long distance trips. 45km+. I can’t even compare his car with mine. He can easily sell his car as DB and the buyer would believe while my Corolla is looking like a world war 2 artifact.

7 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Jibwillz: 12:31am On Apr 29, 2023
Pearl1910:

All those points are valid, but it isn't practical in all my years of driving experience. Maybe our own highway in Nigeria is different from highway overseas. Our experience here in Nigeria is such that a car that is used for Interstate travels gets damaged faster than a car used for Intrastate commute. Examples are all over, so I will not really depend on a white man's experience overseas to describe or explain a phenomenon which might be unique to my own environment. If I can get answers to my questions, my opinion might change. But till then... I will rather buy a car that has been used mainly within town for d last 5years than buy a car that has been running Lagos to Abuja for the past 3years.
When we factor issues of massive potholes, speed breakers, checkpoints etc on our roads, these are the obstacles that justifies ur choice and it’s very understandable.

The only thing that contradicts your point is ”Environment”. Other than that, intercity cars doesn't come close to highway cars in terms of performance output, durability and it’s lifespan. Manufacturers/Users test has proven this overtime.
And nah Buhari I blame sha😂

🫡🫡

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 12:37am On Apr 29, 2023
northbird:

Welcome back.
Memories on this thread sha. grin I remembered one of your posts about how you and the rider abruptly delved into a topic involving speaking in tongues in the car... how you narrated the scenario stills makes me smile when I recall it.
grin grin grin grin
That hanty that forced me to speak wetin I no know lol. I should have pressed charges

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:42am On Apr 29, 2023
Viking07:
Boss you’re trying to compare Apples with oranges. I think the dude is very correct with his assertions. Just accept and concede. 😁🙏🤪

interstate/highway driving is less stressful on the engine than intrastate/town service.

Lolz...At the end u also compared apples with oranges.

Viking07:
This is not true. Can you compare GIG or peace park vehicles with your usual Lagos traffic molue?

I have a friend that does only airport trips. These are usually long distance trips. 45km+. I can’t even compare his car with mine. He can easily sell his car as DB and the buyer would believe while my Corolla is looking like a world war 2 artifact.

Doing 45km trips isn't long distance travel, ur friend is just using his car mildly. If u see my car, u will not believe it has been on ehailing for 4years plus. I have never opened the engine to do any work. If that car was used for even Lag to Benin daily that engine would have needed change or be long replace by now.

U aren't getting my point. Okay, buy a brand new Hummer bus put one on within town work and the other on Lagos to Onitsha route. Maintain both cars as very well necessary, barring any factory defects, I can say with all certainty that the interstate vehicle will need more maintainance or overhaul before the within town vehicle.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 3:55am On Apr 29, 2023
Jibwillz:

When we factor issues of massive potholes, speed breakers, checkpoints etc on our roads, these are the obstacles that justifies ur choice and it’s very understandable.

🫡🫡

Thank you.
I know someone who used to run Lagos to Asaba with a Corolla 2006. He services his car every month alongside shocks, linkage and brake pad replacement. He used to buy tyre almost every week. Now, that car cannot embark on that trip cos the engine is weak. That engine lasted him less than 3years.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 5:38am On Apr 29, 2023
Pearl1910:

Thank you.
I know someone who used to run Lagos to Asaba with a Corolla 2006. He services his car every month alongside shocks, linkage and brake pad replacement. He used to buy tyre almost every week. Now, that car cannot embark on that trip cos the engine is weak. That engine lasted him less than 3years.

Lagos to Asaba return trip is 900kms. That he buys tires every week gives the impression that he travels frequently. You also said he he only services the car once a month and here you are wondering why the engine is weak.

So let's say this your someone only does a return trip two times a week. In a month he would have done 900kms×2×4. He drives 7200 kms before changing the oil that I'm sure is mobil super and the engine still lasted three years? Try it with city driving and see if the engine will not die in less than a year.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Itsrm(m): 5:42am On Apr 29, 2023
Jibwillz:

The only thing that contradicts your point is ”Environment”. Other than that, intercity cars doesn't come close to highway cars in terms of performance output, durability and it’s lifespan. Manufacturers/Users test has proven this overtime.
And nah Buhari I blame sha😂

🫡🫡

Don't let that guy suck you into his baseless argument. Speed breakers and checkpoints are more inside town than on the highway. St Micheal Crescent off Tombia in PHC has more than 10 speed breakers and that street is not up to 500m

Potholes are avoidable. The last time I drove from PH to Ibadan then Ibadan to Abeokuta and Abeokuta to PH, I did not enter a single pothole all through.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 29, 2023
Pearl1910:

Lolz...At the end u also compared apples with oranges.

Doing 45km trips isn't long distance travel, ur friend is just using his car mildly. If u see my car, u will not believe it has been on ehailing for 4years plus. I have never opened the engine to do any work. If that car was used for even Lag to Benin daily that engine would have needed change or be long replace by now.

U aren't getting my point. Okay, buy a brand new Hummer bus put one on within town work and the other on Lagos to Onitsha route. Maintain both cars as very well necessary, barring any factory defects, I can say with all certainty that the interstate vehicle will need more maintainance or overhaul before the within town vehicle.
Nope, 45km is a long trip here in Abuja. And it’s probably the longest intrastate request you’d get within Abuja with good pay(Abuja standards). It’s how you conveniently ignored the GIG vehicles vs Lagos yellow molue for me. 😆
I know you rarely concede in an argument, but for this discussion, you are wrong. The facts are there.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5195) (5196) (5197) (5198) (5199) (5200) (5201) ... (5690) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: GeneralZodd(m), Cineinfo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.