Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4780733 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Luck is when you get a client that dashes you 5k extra after the trip. Luck is when you get a rider that wants to buy you food.
To get a 45k per day offline is definitely not luck.

Riders are drawn from the same pool for everybody, everybody will get his share of bad/good riders. How you convert them beyond a one trip ride is definitely not luck, it is effort. Even if it doesn't seem so.

I tell you, you can have a 2018 Benz on Uber and still not be lucky with a worthwhile rider that wants to meet with you outside Uber (and I am not talking slay queens or whatever they are called now) if you are a totally nasty or uncultured person or have absolutely monstrous bad breath.

Everything has to be just right, so that when your luck wants to shine, it doesn't get overpowered by bad english, or a terrible lack of manners.

Dovehorizon had to work on himself to get a rider who is willing to overlook the "I met him driving Uber" stigma and actually book a date with him. If poster did not look or speak like someone you can hang out with, imagine if he looks distinctly untrustworthy, it doesn't matter how much luck he had, he wouldn't snag a (better) date off the platform.

I am dating a rider who is much older than i am (and is a golden catch, I'm a first class catch myself, or at least so I like to think) for almost 2 years now, and still counting so I know first-hand.

Uber provides an avenue that not many other places provide, you drive people around in very close, comfortable quarters.
Not even a candle lit restaurant can offer the kind of cozy atmosphere Uber gives. Plus the lady has a valid excuse to see you again via offline, so she doesn't have to seem 'thirsty' when she calls you to come pick her. If you turn out to be a bum, well, it was just a trip. But if you turn out to be dovehorizon, maybe it was really a first date.

However as Uber is not a dating site, you will do well to be ferrying your passengers instead of looking for dates, if you meet a kindred spirit and you connect, fine. Otherwise you might misstep, "toast" the wrong woman and get kicked off the platform. And your wife is going to ask you "why".

And I'm not shading you my brother, all the 'you' is just a general way of speaking.

Learn how to make the most money on Uber,
in one nice neat pack.
Buy the Guide to Uber 2.0 (includes a free document pack)
Go to www.taxiappguy.com
Or click to get it on whatsapp 08186473185

This shows we are
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Luck is when you get a client that dashes you 5k extra after the trip. Luck is when you get a rider that wants to buy you food.
To get a 45k per day offline is definitely not luck.

Riders are drawn from the same pool for everybody, everybody will get his share of bad/good riders. How you convert them beyond a one trip ride is definitely not luck, it is effort. Even if it doesn't seem so.

I tell you, you can have a 2018 Benz on Uber and still not be lucky with a worthwhile rider that wants to meet with you outside Uber (and I am not talking slay queens or whatever they are called now) if you are a totally nasty or uncultured person or have absolutely monstrous bad breath.

Everything has to be just right, so that when your luck wants to shine, it doesn't get overpowered by bad english, or a terrible lack of manners.

Dovehorizon had to work on himself to get a rider who is willing to overlook the "I met him driving Uber" stigma and actually book a date with him. If poster did not look or speak like someone you can hang out with, imagine if he looks distinctly untrustworthy, it doesn't matter how much luck he had, he wouldn't snag a (better) date off the platform.

I am dating a rider who is much older than i am (and is a golden catch, I'm a first class catch myself, or at least so I like to think) for almost 2 years now, and still counting so I know first-hand.

Uber provides an avenue that not many other places provide, you drive people around in very close, comfortable quarters.
Not even a candle lit restaurant can offer the kind of cozy atmosphere Uber gives. Plus the lady has a valid excuse to see you again via offline, so she doesn't have to seem 'thirsty' when she calls you to come pick her. If you turn out to be a bum, well, it was just a trip. But if you turn out to be dovehorizon, maybe it was really a first date.

However as Uber is not a dating site, you will do well to be ferrying your passengers instead of looking for dates, if you meet a kindred spirit and you connect, fine. Otherwise you might misstep, "toast" the wrong woman and get kicked off the platform. And your wife is going to ask you "why".

And I'm not shading you my brother, all the 'you' is just a general way of speaking.

Learn how to make the most money on Uber,
in one nice neat pack.
Buy the Guide to Uber 2.0 (includes a free document pack)
Go to www.taxiappguy.com
Or click to get it on whatsapp 08186473185

The boldened shows we are on the same page.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 1:28am On Jun 18, 2018
Stealth100:

The boldened shows we are on the same page.
I agree
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 18, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]Please I need help. I just bought a Camry 2003 for Uber. How long does it take Uber to verify documents? I've submitted my documents now for over four days as Uber partner/Driver without hearing from them. Is there anyway it can be fastracked?
Can taxify sign me on without physical inspection of my vehicle? Please i need answers from the house.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 3:57am On Jun 18, 2018
sesandavid:
[color=#990000][/color]Please I need help. I just bought a Camry 2003 for Uber. How long does it take Uber to verify documents? I've submitted my documents now for over four days as Uber partner/Driver without hearing from them. Is there anyway it can be fastracked?
Can taxify sign me on without physical inspection of my vehicle? Please i need answers from the house.
Usually overnight, maximum of 2 days. You need to factor in the weekend.
Log in to your partner profile at www.partners.uber.com and check under documents, if it shows 'in review' in red by noon tuesday then go to the office. Its usually fast so there is never any need to fast track.
You have to take thecar to taxify office.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2018
Kmoney001:
Foreign used Nissan Sentra 2008 is available for uber and or Taxify business on HIRE PURCHASE basis. Vehicle is in perfect condition and everything working.

N2.4m
An initial deposit of N400,000(negotiable)
Payable under a one year period (N200,000 monthly)

Used Toyota Camry 2004 available for uber and or Taxify business on HIRE PURCHASE basis. Vehicle is in perfect condition and everything working.

N2.3m
Payable under a one year period (N200,000 monthly)

Call 08024530007 if interested.

It is Apparent you are a car dealer and have no idea about Uber maybe you stumbled upon this thread sef and just felt to drop your cars here..drivers are struggling to do 30/35k weekly and you want 200k monthly, okay oh all the best in your endeavours...

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sanniabiola(m): 8:34am On Jun 18, 2018
Call me for this ride
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2018
iyaegin:

It is Apparent you are a car dealer and have no idea about Uber maybe you stumbled upon this thread sef and just felt to drop your cars here..drivers are struggling to do 30/35k weekly and you want 200k monthly, okay oh all the best in your endeavours...
cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rajsolomon: 10:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Good morning ,please i need a good advice ,i thinking of getting a toyota camry 2001 model (toyota envelope) for uber purposes for starters becaise am a newbie ,please how confortable can that be in this business ... and also how much can i earn on uber as a newbie .please i need an answer to this thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nurtay(m): 10:08am On Jun 18, 2018
Good morning all. I'm a newbie on UberX as a driver with my 2001 camry, but the trip fares are abysmally low. it's very frustrating and discouraging putting it mildly coz I spend 40% to 50% of my earnings on fuel alone. Wanna know if there's other category I can upgrade to make more money. Heard about Uber Select, wanna know if a newer corolla or camry fit in and what year?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ephbe(m): 10:09am On Jun 18, 2018
HP needed!!!

I am a 4.6star driver with good after service remarks
I have initial deposit of 200k available

I want a toks or near toks toyota corolla 2003-2007 model car, pls dont bother padding, I will know, I am not new to the system. smiley

We can discuss other terms and conditions when we meet.

Kindly indicate if you have any.

Many thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 10:28am On Jun 18, 2018
..i will try to breakdown ur questions for u .
Firstly, u came here projecting a biz for people to come into it based on hear say and not your true experience,u convinced someone to come on board based on HP with a weekly remmitanceof 50k even though it's poor based on what you said passenger pay 20k to 23k per sit which amount to 140k for 1leg to accra and u claimed that atleast u will go twice a week which total 280k but u will remit 50k weekly and u guys agreed .
Then the registration u brought up which I even called u to inquire on his behalf without knowing ur the one he wanted to release his sienna for ,u told me registration is 180k to 200k thereby confirming what u hv earlier told him, he then suggested the first week of the biz will be used for registration and u agreed then subsequent weeks ur payment starts .then problem starts with stories without remittance .
Car was in perfect condition of which I was part of the process to make it happen .the sienna was bought middle of 2017 but a driver ruined the gear and couple of scratches of which I suggested total body auto work with a new gear installed ,u saw it all before the car was handed over to u and u agreed to service the car at the stipulated time which on recovery of the car from u ,oil was barely inside d engine and gear not selecting well cos of carelessness .
By the way who told u that if u pay upfront of 200k to pick up a car on hire purchase that u won't pay ur weekly remittance?the first payment on hire purchase is to show seriousness and not avenue for u to renege on ur payment.
I will not really condemn ur driving skill on this forum but doesn't mean u are perfect either cos I know as much as we preach here for good driving skill ,we can't rule out dent in a car .
Meanwhile slots of goodies going on now with Skye bank esp on HP deals ,u can check them out so u wont take Poo as u rightly said .

quote author=jixasi post=68575757]nice advise..... thank you but before u make conclusions about a deal you are not involved in or you dont really understand you need to ask questions..

1, "Now 1month gone no remittance" one month he hasnt made remittance what is the reason? did he just decide not to pay or what really is the problem

2, "Car was recovered yesterday with gear issue, unserviced and bashed car Upandan with lots of stories to follow up." how come someone that drove your car for 4months withouth bashing it or having gear or mechanical issues now drove a care for a month and the car has bashes up and down on the body?? did u ask the condition the car was before it was given to him? or what really cus the bashes and the gear issues?

try and answer this questions if you cant then ask to be informed...

dont conclude on an event untill you are 100% sure you have the correct story...

from my experience, in as much as that route Lagos to Accra is better than driving Uber it has its own challenges... you are travelling out of your country into another country with people and load not just you and the car...

you need more than a month to stabilize and start making money.

with the new laws and enforcement on Nigerian registered vehicles its a lil bit tougher operating on that route as a private transporter, its easier as a registered company with parks and branded vehicles, so its a rat race for private transporters.

if that driver has paid 200k as down payment... that means he has spent an addition of 300k to register the car to operate that road... that is making it 500k already...

this guy cant possibly spend that much and get the vehicle in the bad condition out of carelessness in one month... so you see there are questions to be asked not coming here to say stuffs about the driver...

madam drivers on this platforms and everywhere go through shit everyday, we dont allow our emotions get 100% of us if not u will hear of accident everyday.

please i advise you get the full gist from all the parties involved before you make a conclusion and come somewhere like this to talk about it....

thank you ma

[/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
Tip of the week!
When you are stationed waiting for request, (forget about the network u use) check the strength of the signal. By doing other stuffs. Move away of it's not expectedly fast
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 10:43am On Jun 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
Tip of the week!
When you are stationed waiting for request, (forget about the network u use) check the strength of the signal.
Your car gave u away bros. Admiralty way
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2018
blackfm:

Your car gave u away bros. Admiralty way
thanks bro... Just completed that trip.Agungi. My big head rider didn't even know d Street she was going
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 11:08am On Jun 18, 2018
slamstanlee:
thanks bro... Just completed that trip.Agungi. My big head rider didn't even know d Street she was going
Lol. I dropped off the rider i went to pick already too but this zone is clogged with drivers. Off to phase 1. Only 2 cars there
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2018
With unstable fares and earning, is it still safe/wise to Do HP? How do you forcast?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammiejr(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2018
TheCar:

1. Is the Business Profitable

Yes and No.

It all depends on your entry and exit strategy. No it's not profitable on the short term for Car Owner and Yes, it's very profitable on the long term.

2. Earnings for partner

You need to be crystal clear about which side of the partnership. Do you mean Driver- Partner or Car Owner - Partner.

If you have your car and drive it yourself, you would definitely make more than 35-40k weekly after expenses.

If you have a car but don't drive it yourself, you can get a driver and agreed on a weekly rental payment. Most driver would only agree to deliver 35k weekly.

3. Best vehicle

The real question is what's your budget.

Some would say Hyundai Elantra.

Some believe it's Peoguet

Some believe it's Honda Civic

I believe it's Toyota Corolla (Although Gazzuzz no gree but refuse say why)

4. Contract Agreement

Internet is your friend. You can search for template but you need to edit it to suit your purpose. It's your money, so it's your decision. Protect your investment.

Here are the key things to note:

a. Car repairs and maintenance
b. Weekly Rental Payment - Amount and day of payment
c. Car safety
etc

5. Other advice

You need to ask or take time to read the thread.

Cheers

Thanks for your apt response.

Partnership in terms of Car-Owner.

From your input, having read through thread 1 - 93 and still reading and speaking to several drivers both in Lagos and Abuja, i have come to see that it is could be a fairly good business to venture into-not the best though, but fairly good.

In fact, a driver in Abuja last night who came to pick me said he had made N15k for the day. And this was just about 7pm in the evening.

I intend to get a Corolla 2003 but for fear of Taxify drivers on Taxifylite not getting enough rides, this puts me at a delinma.

I need advice on specific car/vehicle to get btw the ranges N1.5 - N1.8m, fuel efficient, minimal cost of maintenance, etc.

I want to start with one vehicle and proceed to get more vehicles into this line of business.

N35K a week isnt a bad deal if the driver delivers promptly and manages the car well.
I came across a sample contract and will go through it later.

I remain open to advice.
Thanks and God bless

Sammie

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by agbonda(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2018
Any car with engine above 2.0L is not good for this business

Put into consideration cars of 2007 as their might be a review soon

You can go for Corolla Hyundai, Honda City

Nurtay:
Good morning all. I'm a newbie on UberX as a driver with my 2001 camry, but the trip fares are abysmally low. it's very frustrating and discouraging putting it mildly coz I spend 40% to 50% of my earnings on fuel alone. Wanna know if there's other category I can upgrade to make more money. Heard about Uber Select, wanna know if a newer corolla or camry fit in and what year?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 12:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
agbonda:

City don dey get comma

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
agbonda:

Wise.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Happy Father's Day, house.
To all fathers and fathers-to-be.
Sorry this message is coming late, but it's still the season.

God bless the works of our hands, AMEN
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
OAKSFIVEFARMS:

Usually overnight, maximum of 2 days. You need to factor in the weekend.
Log in to your partner profile at www.partners.uber.com and check under documents, if it shows 'in review' in red by noon tuesday then go to the office. Its usually fast so there is never any need to fast track.
You have to take thecar to taxify office.
Thanks bro. I will do as advised.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nurtay(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
agbonda:

Thanks so much Bro. Will work on your advice.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Iskeelm(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
Harmoony:
Please oh, I greet the full haus..I'm in need of uber/taxify driver with a good grantor and can delivery something tangible on a weekly basis...

Pls note that this is my personal car, a 2012 Toyota corolla.tnx
09026883601 registered taxify driver sir and ready to start work immediately
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
TheCar:

1. Is the Business Profitable

Yes and No.

It all depends on your entry and exit strategy. No it's not profitable on the short term for Car Owner and Yes, it's very profitable on the long term.

2. Earnings for partner

You need to be crystal clear about which side of the partnership. Do you mean Driver- Partner or Car Owner - Partner.

If you have your car and drive it yourself, you would definitely make more than 35-40k weekly after expenses.

If you have a car but don't drive it yourself, you can get a driver and agreed on a weekly rental payment. Most driver would only agree to deliver 35k weekly.

3. Best vehicle

The real question is what's your budget.

Some would say Hyundai Elantra.

Some believe it's Peoguet

Some believe it's Honda Civic

I believe it's Toyota Corolla (Although Gazzuzz no gree but refuse say why)

4. Contract Agreement

Internet is your friend. You can search for template but you need to edit it to suit your purpose. It's your money, so it's your decision. Protect your investment.

Here are the key things to note:

a. Car repairs and maintenance
b. Weekly Rental Payment - Amount and day of payment
c. Car safety
etc

5. Other advice

You need to ask or take time to read the thread.

Cheers
Toyota Corolla 2004-2007 model best for d job. Rugged and strong. Cheap to maintain. Doesn’t drink fuel at all

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
chucsmoore:
Toyota Corolla 2004-2007 model best for d job. Rugged and strong. Cheap to maintain. Doesn’t drink fuel at all

with the right type of abuse any car will become a guzzler

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by chucsmoore(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

with the right type of abuse any car will become a guzzler
Yeah. That’s only “if it is abused”
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by waks1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
See the Uber safety measures on ur driver app. Am sure this won't go down well with some workaholic drivers. Whats ur take?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
waks1:
See the Uber safety measures on ur driver app. Am sure this won't go down well with some workaholic drivers. Whats ur take?
Changes nothing.
12 hours on taxify, 6 hours on Uber!

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 3:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
Drivers are not finding it easy making 35k per week and also maintaining the car. If you need your car properly maintained, I strongly suggest you handle all maintenance. Earnings left after fuel, weekly remittance and maintenance is pitiable.
Ask the drivers.

sammiejr:

Thanks for your apt response.

Partnership in terms of Car-Owner.

From your input, having read through thread 1 - 93 and still reading and speaking to several drivers both in Lagos and Abuja, i have come to see that it is could be a fairly good business to venture into-not the best though, but fairly good.

In fact, a driver in Abuja last night who came to pick me said he had made N15k for the day. And this was just about 7pm in the evening.

I intend to get a Corolla 2003 but for fear of Taxify drivers on Taxifylite not getting enough rides, this puts me at a delinma.

I need advice on specific car/vehicle to get btw the ranges N1.5 - N1.8m, fuel efficient, minimal cost of maintenance, etc.

I want to start with one vehicle and proceed to get more vehicles into this line of business.

N35K a week isnt a bad deal if the driver delivers promptly and manages the car well.
I came across a sample contract and will go through it later.

I remain open to advice.
Thanks and God bless

Sammie

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Olahevan: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
AutoElectNG:
Brothers-in-arms Taxify/Uber

Hyundai's are fuel efficient - field tests show.
But Honda's are also fuel efficient - then why the dislike for Honda's on ehailing?

See pictures for more details
This is what I say to everyone else. But they tell me Corolla is strong, my response is “Do you want to be dragging road with danfo.
This hype on Corolla is too much and it is making the car fucking expensive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.