Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding (35538 Views)

21-year-old Lady Raped, Murdered & Burnt In South Africa / Ugandan Woman Raped, Murdered With Stick Inserted In Her Private Part (photos) / Photo Of Corps Member Raped And Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Jackeeh(m): 9:50am On Oct 10, 2015
lagbe:
God will fight ur fight omolola.......the husband to be was arrested because he called her to come that afternoon and was raped on her way going..............

we graduated from same sch.

So sad!
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by rileyy(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Thirded

Disneylady:

Seconded
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by witorwitoutyou(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2015
nikkiking:
Wicked world we live in.

It's never a wicked world
D people living in d world re d evil
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by givemetoto(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2015
some people are simply heartless
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by StMcOrdil(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2015
na waoh. why must they arrest the lover? this is double tragedy for the guy. may her soul rest in peace and may her murderer(s) never know peace IJN.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by hyfr(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2015
markmira:

abeg shut up!! Didnt u read the part "she was coming back from the church" ??
look at this kaduna monkey, I didn't notify that she didn't go to church, I was just telling others not referring to her.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by funkiebully: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2015
This rape in sw is going out of hand.

RIP poor lady
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2015
montezz:
Abogunrin.....dat name carry weight o! m very sure dis case will also b swept under carpet like many odas. Rip to d dead!

What does the name Abogunrin mean?
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 10:25am On Oct 10, 2015
well I suspect the work of an ex who loved her so much
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by viktor01(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmm. sometimes, if our eyes were to be open to the truth, we may say people deserve what they get.
RIP to the dead.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by 400billionman: 10:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Is this her lover thesame as her Fiancee ?

Omoh, Ibadan is the only Nigerian town i cannot live in. That town has no part 2 in criminality.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by spencekat(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
Man's inhumanity against man.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by 400billionman: 10:33am On Oct 10, 2015
amii131:

Shit sad

People should always be careful and prayerful
weeks or months to weddings

Sad news evrywhr..gosh

Oh lord we need a happy world

Nah only silly people dey broadcast wedding looking for cheap popularity..
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by montezz(f): 10:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Stelvin101:

*sweating profusely* dis ur question ehn. oya mk i try translate am...one who died in a battle.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by 247Dior(m): 10:35am On Oct 10, 2015
I think is time NYSC is reviewed.... I know those that have not been there will dispute this...
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 10, 2015
hyfr:
look at this kaduna monkey, I didn't notify that she didn't go to church, I was just telling others not referring to her.
if a kaduna monkey is handsome than u...what are you then?
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2015
montezz:

*sweating profusely* dis ur question ehn. oya mk i try translate am...one who died in a battle.

Why will they give such name to somebody. Like you said the name carry weight. one reason I don't fancy native name. Mine is very funny that I had to disown d name.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Excuzeme: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2015
captainprogress:
Thirteen days to her wedding and 29th birthday, a corps member, Miss Omolola Abogunrin, has been murdered by unknown criminals.

The deceased was looking forward to her wedding which was scheduled for October 17, the day she would have been 29 years old.

A close source disclosed that the couple-to-be held their family introduction four months ago, paving the way for proper marriage ceremony.

The wedding was to hold at a Christ Apostolic Church in Ibadan where both lovers live.

It was learnt that sympathizers confirmed rape and strangulation through the semen found on her private part and nail wounds around her neck respectively on discovering her corpse.

Residents said the deceased was returning from church when she was waylaid by the unknown criminals in a bush path within the institute’s farmland. She was said to be on her way to her lover’s house to spend some time with a plan to return home afterwards.

Her lover, Olusola Babalola, has since been arrested and detained by the police.

Omolola graduated from the Polytechnic, Ibadan.

She was completing her one year compulsory national service in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, as at the time of her death.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Oyo State, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said Omolola’s corpse has since been deposited at the morgue of state hospital, Adeoyo.

He explained that her lover, Mr. Babalola, was arrested and detained as part of police investigation on the broad-day murder.

http://thenationonlineng.net/corps-member-raped-murdered-two-weeks-to-wedding/

I think these Nigerian Policemen are either MAD .... or they are the Rapist!

How do you explain a situation where it is the Groom-to-be, THAT IS ARRESTED AS PART OF INVESTOGATION?

Let me explain:

1.) Rape has been confirmed by the Semen found inside the murdered lady
2.) They have done their introduction
3.) She was going to her husband-to-be's house that same afternoon

QUESTIONS ARISING:
a) Why would the "groom" come to rape his wife-to-be? ... when l am sure they would still have blissful shex that same day (she was going there!)
b.) Why would he murder her, when they were just about to get married? (Pls give me any sensible motive)
c.) Knowing that his DNA can be traced from that Semen, why would he still rape her (living the semen for trace?)
d.) I am sure the Police have not done any forensic exam of the semen, why arrest an already traumatised groom?
e.) How would arresting the would-be groom, "assist in the investigation"? Since obviously, if she was going to his place, it implies they were in good rapport ... and even looking forward to a wedding day!
f.) If he wanted to murder her, he could have lay in-wait for her to come to his house, which would be safer for him, than to risk exposure by doing it outside

If you ask me, l think the Police should have beamed their search-light on her "last two lovers" (one before the last is just to make it water-tight)...... and the the "last lover of her Husband-to-be" .
*Raping her is a crime of passion meant ot punish her, before killing her.
*Killing her was to ensure she did not marry her groom-to-be.
Only a "jilted" former lover does that or has the "motive" to do that.
*Did she have a quarrel with anyone, of recent?

But then, l am talking like those Criminals in the Police have any sense of logic.
All they know is complicate matters and extort money from victims.
They are causing more havoc to the man, just to cover their own inefficiency!
God punish each and everyone of them involved in this matter.

They should release that "grieving man" immediately

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by tayotemowo(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2015
mayorkyzo:
Someone just lost his fiancee and to make matters worse he's being detained..double tragedy..he should be questioned and released not detained..nigerian police and their archaic way of doing things...

Old boy you obviously didn't get the gist they said the lover not the fiance which means she had a fiance she was going to get married to and then a lover. So obviously she was cheating on her fiance with this man and that's what warranted his being arrested and put in detention. Even though it may still be wrong because the said man may not know anything about it because since he was getting it already why would he rape her but then as the bible says "the heart of man is wicked" who can tell if he did it to spite her or someone else even so the man deserves his day in court and is not guilty until proven so.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by RemmyCrownfits: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2015
[b][/b]Can't figure out why they have to detain a grived soul @ his state of mind... Is that a way to help his situation

Oga for our incompetent police oo
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Excuzeme: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Stelvin101:

It simply means "Warrior"
Ogun translates to "war" ....in Yoruba.
Literally, "Abogun rin" will sound as "one who walks with war" ...........but Language is not translated that way.
It simply means one who is comfortable in war .... like a warrior.

Let me also add, it is a surname (family name), which means many other people in that family, carry same name .... and evil did not come to them, like this!
So dont read meaning into the name
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Excuzeme: 10:57am On Oct 10, 2015
tayotemowo:

Old boy you obviously didn't get the gist they said the lover not the fiance which means she had a fiance she was going to get married to and then a lover. So obviously she was cheating on her fiance with this man and that's what warranted his being arrested and put in detention. Even though it may still be wrong because the said man may not know anything about it because since he was getting it already why would he rape her but then as the bible says "the heart of man is wicked" who can tell if he did it to spite her or someone else even so the man deserves his day in court and is not guilty until proven so.

You are getting it VERY WRONG.

In Police parlance, as long as they are not yet married, The Groom-to-be is considered "her Lover".

The law only recognise a Husband/wife .... or Lovers!

The logic of your position is even funny!
If she was "cheating with the lover" as you said ..... why would he then kill her afterall, he stands to benefit by still continuing to cheat with her, when she gets married!

That means such a lover would have no motive to kill her, rather, such "lover man" would kill the groom so he can have her to himself!
Reason man, REASON! Dont be a Police man!
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Excuzeme: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2015
niceface:
It's not out of place to interrogate the husband-to-be, he could be the culprit or at least give a clue to the likely culprit going by the info that she was attacked on her way to his place.
Read more gist here:
http://michaelsundaym..com

Correct!
Interrogation? - YES
DETAIN? - NO!

Right now, if care is not taken, that guy may go mad or even commit suicide!
He shoudl be "taken care-of" by Medical personnel and Counsellor!

If they want to interrogate him everyday, they should meet him at home or in the hospital, meanwhile, the Doctor can even ask them to lay-off until he is sure of his mental state!

Truly, l have seen one Organisation that takes the Trophy from Jonathan, when it comes to being CLUELESS! The Nigerian Police
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2015
Excuzeme:

It simply means "Warrior"
Ogun translates to "war" ....in Yoruba.
Literally, "Abogun rin" will sound as "one who walks with war" ...........but Language is not translated that way.
It simply means one who is comfortable in war .... like a warrior.

Let me also add, it is a surname (family name), which means many other people in that family, carry same name .... and evil did not come to them, like this!
So dont read meaning into the name

I love ur explanation coz i don already dey read meaning to the name before. RIP to the gal and i pray the culprits don't be brought to book either by the Law or Nature. But Nigeria police lack common sense in all ramification.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by juwonpeter(m): 11:17am On Oct 10, 2015
Secure 200 level admission into the University. It's an IJMB program. Your sure way of getting into the University.Hurry up now. For more info call 08136487018.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by zikclassiq(m): 11:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Jackeeh:
If Nigeria were a civilized country where human rights are respected,the lover would be invited to the station for questioning(and subsequent questioning) and released. He would have his attorney with him. And you dare not lay a finger on him till glaring proof(s), implicating him as the murderer, surfaces.

If Nigeria were a civilized country,semen swab would have been taken from the deceased, as this would aid in investigations.

But this is Nigeria. Out with the new. Keep recycling the old.

RIP to the dead.
It is called forensic investigation. Her clothes, those of potential suspects and the crime scene will be analysed for potential botanical evidence eg pollen grain and spores, leaves. Serological analysis on semen, saliva, blood etc for; possible DNA evidence. Footwear impressions can be lifted to compare with those of suspects.
Those guys can be nailed headon! I pray the police are not clueless.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by 3kay945(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2015
The heart of man is full of shit...
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by menxer: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
Why detain the would-have-been-husband when a simple test of the fluid found on the deceased matched his, would proof if he is the culprit or not.

Naija sha... poor man nor dey get invitation to police station na arrest.
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by laytoshtwo: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2015
OboloMAN:
I suspect an Angry Ex.

The wickedness of Man to Another. SMH

I agree with you
Re: Corps Member Raped, Murdered Two Weeks To Wedding by StanleyDivine(m): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2015
captainprogress:
Thirteen days to her wedding and 29th birthday, a corps member, Miss Omolola Abogunrin, has been murdered by unknown criminals.

She was murdered in a sultry afternoon in the compound of an agriculture research institute located in Apata area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital on Sunday.

The late Miss Abogunrin was said to have been raped and strangled beside a stream within the expansive premises of the National Cereal Research Institute, Moor Plantation, Ibadan at about 1:30 pm.

Police are still on the trail of the murderers.

The deceased was looking forward to her wedding which was scheduled for October 17, the day she would have been 29 years old.

A close source disclosed that the couple-to-be held their family introduction four months ago, paving the way for proper marriage ceremony.

The wedding was to hold at a Christ Apostolic Church in Ibadan where both lovers live.

It was learnt that sympathizers confirmed rape and strangulation through the semen found on her private part and nail wounds around her neck respectively on discovering her corpse.

Residents said the deceased was returning from church when she was waylaid by the unknown criminals in a bush path within the institute’s farmland. She was said to be on her way to her lover’s house to spend some time with a plan to return home afterwards.

Her lover, Olusola Babalola, has since been arrested and detained by the police.

Omolola graduated from the Polytechnic, Ibadan.

She was completing her one year compulsory national service in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, as at the time of her death.

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in Oyo State, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said Omolola’s corpse has since been deposited at the morgue of state hospital, Adeoyo.

He explained that her lover, Mr. Babalola, was arrested and detained as part of police investigation on the broad-day murder.

Ajisebutu also disclosed that the case has since been transferred to the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the command, stressing that the command would do everything to bring Omolola’s killers to book.

http://thenationonlineng.net/corps-member-raped-murdered-two-weeks-to-wedding/

This isn't just about ''conji''. Often times people take for granted the pains they inflict on others. Wudn't it be pertinent to ask if the girl/husband-to-be and her/his family could have attracted this? One bad turn deserves another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice / Billionaire Couple Mysteriously Burn To Death In Onitsha / Russian Man Arrested With 2 Nigerians Over Swiss Golden Ponzi Scheme. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.