Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? (3492 Views)

Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Blackberry To Stop Production Of Phones / End Of An Era As Blackberry Stops Making Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 10, 2015
sokotoburundi:
you guys should stop saying rubbish.
who told u OEMS doesnt make profits? u pple been reading american (apple) fabricated news. when the note3 was realeased it costs samsung 285USD to make one unit of the note 3 which was sold for almost a thousand dollars. so what happens to the rest of the cash after some miscellenous of maybe additional 150 USD per unit, u can imagine how much they are making una dey here dey talk rubbish.

Relax yourself buddy, don't just jump. Samsung is the only major OEM making tons of profits. Other OEMS aren't really making profits cause their devices aren't really selling as expected.
You should put the following into consideration

R and D
Logistics
Staff
Updates
et al
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by sokotoburundi(m): 10:47am On Oct 10, 2015
martineverest:
if u watch closely it's only Asia and third w world countries that enjoy Android open 'sourceness'. majority of high users in western countries go for IOS, which is close source. poor security, poor updates, poor operating system, fragmentation and and unreliable oems are killing Android

see another rubbish here, who told u the western countries dont use Android?
in the western countries Android is used more than IOS. for the updates and security both os has flaws. last week my brotherd was prompted to update his iphone 6 through ota, when he updated it, wifi couldnt work he had to downgrade back to the previous os to get it working. despite the fact that apple has only just the iphone 5 - 6s to maintain unlike Android oems, even users of IOS are very much complaining about lag on their IOS updates.
you guys should stop listening to all this american media and their stupid stats to decieve the gullibles, go to xda u need to see things for urself.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by sokotoburundi(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2015
ollah1:

Relax yourself buddy, don't just jump. Samsung is the only major OEM making tons of profits. Other OEMS aren't really making profits cause their devices aren't really selling as expected.
You should put the following into consideration

R and D
Logistics
Staff
Updates
et al
hahahahaha grin grin grin apple no get staffs sheybi? abi them no get logistics n all those things u are saying? last time i checked apple assemble its phones in china coz of the expensive american labour market. it doesnt pay to be a fanboy my guy!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
sokotoburundi:
hahahahaha grin grin grin apple no get staffs sheybi? abi them no get logistics n all those things u are saying? last time i checked apple assemble its phones in china coz of the expensive american labour market. it doesnt pay to be a fanboy my guy!

Do u think you are making sense at all? I mean do u think u know exactly what you are saying and u understand the bone of contention? Apple does all that and they sell pretty well despite over pricing their phones thanks to their fan's loyalty and iOS. Its a diff ball game on Android, there are gazillion phones to choose from. Chinese OEMs have affected the sales of LG, Sony and HTC.

LG is a bigger company than Sony and HTC but they still slash the price of their products hence having edge ahead of proud Sony and HTC. Currently, HTC One M9 sells costlier than LG G4 despite the latter being better in all fronts except maybe UI, design and boomsound but these are subjective. Z3 a last year product still sells for close to 100k same goes to HTC One M8 while LG G3 and Galaxy S5 sells cheaper.

Now am asking you a question

How many Z3's have you seen with people?
How many M8's have you seen with people?

Can you compare the numbers to G3 and S5?

Sure you know the answers already
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2015
martineverest:
if u watch closely it's only Asia and third w world countries that enjoy Android open 'sourceness'. majority of high users in western countries go for IOS, which is close source. poor security, poor updates, poor operating system, fragmentation and and unreliable oems are killing Android

Quit licking Microsoft and iOS's areses. I told you earlier you shouldn't be talking about tech. Quit get busy on the Joke section or something. The only problem on Android is fragmentation which is understandable, its open source and free so it would definitely be so. You aren't even making an iota of sense at all. I should just stop having these kinda discussions with you for real.

Security: iOS 9 was hacked pre launched and was re hacked again on iOS 9.0 which allows anybody to unlock your phone without knowing your password. Thanks to Apple, an update fixed but another problem is up again. There are tons of malware affecting iOS as it stands but fanboys like you wouldn't agree

Update: Apple updates their old devices more than Android but i prefer Android's update system than Apples. Android go on 2 year update cycle and sometimes more while Apple go further but don't be decieved with that cos every update causes problems to previous Gens of phones, thanks to their stingyness in using sub par hardware which can't handle the software. A friend who uses iPhone 6 re invited on bbm couple of days ago, i thought he changed his phone but nope he didn't the new update to iOS 9 crashed his phone hence the re invitation

OS: Android is miles ahead of iOS. 10 features iFans and loving crazily on iOS has been implemented but Android and Android OEMs

Get busy in the joke sections, thats where you belong

1 Like

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by sokotoburundi(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2015
ollah1:

Do u think you are making sense at all? I mean do u think u know exactly what you are saying and u understand the bone of contention? Apple does all that and they sell pretty well despite over pricing their phones thanks to their fan's loyalty and iOS. Its a diff ball game on Android, there are gazillion phones to choose from. Chinese OEMs have affected the sales of LG, Sony and HTC.

LG is a bigger company than Sony and HTC but they still slash the price of their products hence having edge ahead of proud Sony and HTC. Currently, HTC One M9 sells costlier than LG G4 despite the latter being better in all fronts except maybe UI, design and boomsound but these are subjective. Z3 a last year product still sells for close to 100k same goes to HTC One M8 while LG G3 and Galaxy S5 sells cheaper.

Now am asking you a question

How many Z3's have you seen with people?
How many M8's have you seen with people?

Can you compare the numbers to G3 and S5?

Sure you know the answers already
as have said earlier stop being a fanboy, u just took ur argument to a point i could agree with u now. unlike earlier that u are making it look as if 80% of the world uses iphone. my brother owns an iphone 6, i went through it and looked at it annoyingly asking him whats in this? u paid 150k 4? there was just nothing there except apple telling u what to do with what u used ur money to buy with yet no freedom to use it the way u like! pple are being fooled by apple, pple will realise soon that apple has been extorting them, and the table will turn, it almost did when nokia released N9 meego os the iphone slayer apple should thank elop 4 killing the project. grin
am not a fanboy of any os microsoft and apple are often useless to me when i see it.
Android still has a large market share, if Android goes close-source the chinese OEMs will definetely chicken out, while the big boys will have a breathing space to drive the os to its destination. cool

1 Like

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by sokotoburundi(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
ollah1:

Quit licking Microsoft and iOS's areses. I told you earlier you shouldn't be talking about tech. Quit get busy on the Joke section or something. The only problem on Android is fragmentation which is understandable, its open source and free so it would definitely be so. You aren't even making an iota of sense at all. I should just stop having these kinda discussions with you for real.

Security: iOS 9 was hacked pre launched and was re hacked again on iOS 9.0 which allows anybody to unlock your phone without knowing your password. Thanks to Apple, an update fixed but another problem is up again. There are tons of malware affecting iOS as it stands but fanboys like you wouldn't agree

Update: Apple updates their old devices more than Android but i prefer Android's update system than Apples. Android go on 2 year update cycle and sometimes more while Apple go further but don't be decieved with that cos every update causes problems to previous Gens of phones, thanks to their stingyness in using sub par hardware which can't handle the software. A friend who uses iPhone 6 re invited on bbm couple of days ago, i thought he changed his phone but nope he didn't the new update to iOS 9 crashed his phone hence the re invitation

OS: Android is miles ahead of iOS. 10 features iFans and loving crazily on iOS has been implemented but Android and Android OEMs

Get busy in the joke sections, thats where you belong
2 orijin and nkwobi 4 u! cool

1 Like

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by martineverest(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2015
Fragmentation is not android biggest problem;security and poor operating system are..guessed u av 4gotten 'stagefright 1.0' and 'stagefright 2.0,which affects 98% of android fones.this ll remain due to poor android patches.dnt also forget about the term,'unused RAM,is wasted RAM'.dnt also 4get dat the hack into ios was only on chinese appstore,which apple patchd in less dan 3 days
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
Karmanaut:

There will always be people that use Android.
What kind of phone do you think someone like Edward Snowden would use?

Nicely meme'd :^)

Don't get a Tecno.

Now you're trolling.

Get a nexus device then, if you don't mind being Google's guinea pig.
The "fragmentation" is because Android is free, I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Again, do not get a Tecno device.
snowden or julia assangne wont make d majority...sems u ve 4gotten about 'stagefright' and the term,'unused RAM is wasted RAM'.are those pecuiliar to techno and other white boxes?..in terms of update, ios 9 was installed into about 50% of its devices,while android L is yet to get to 25% of its devices after 13mnths.
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by seunfly: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
2016 is around the corner, let's wait and see. For me I think if RIM can come up with Android in another dimension d way HTC M8 swept people off their feet some years ago and they have a reasonable price to back it up, sky is their limit but I know they will fail in one of this things particularly the pricing aspect ( imagine the shirt passport for that price).
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by seunfly: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
My ogas, this conversation needs the attention of front page oooo.
Cc: honsule, puskin, dragnet
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2015
martineverest:
snowden or julia assangne wont make d majority...
My point still stands: people will still use Android in 10 years to come.
sems u ve 4gotten about 'stagefright'
Stage fright has been patched.
and the term,'unused RAM is wasted RAM'.are those pecuiliar to techno and other white boxes?..

in terms of update, ios 9 was installed into about 50% of its devices,while android L is yet to get to 25% of its devices after 13mnths.
This is dumb.
Google doesn't make the hardware, only the software so your point is moot.
Is it Google's fault that Tecno devices do not receive updates?
Apple makes both the hardware and software.

Besides there are always Custom ROMS.
Android is FOSS so anyone can make a ROM.
I had a Galaxy S (the very first, sine 2010) it shipped with Eclair (2.1) and is running Lollipop (5.1) via OmniRom.
I dare you to upgrade you iPhone 4 to iOS 9.
Maybe you can ask Apple to release the source code, hey?
Oh wait. Never mind. grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by martineverest(m): 11:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
Guess u avnt heard of 'stagefright 2.0'.it came out dis week.nxt version is on d way...android ll surely remain,but windows 10 will rule them all
Karmanaut:

My point still stands: people will still use Android in 10 years to come.

Stage fright has been patched.

This is dumb.
Google doesn't make the hardware, only the software so your point is moot.
Is it Google's fault that Tecno devices do not receive updates?
Apple makes both the hardware and software.

Besides there are always Custom ROMS.
Android is FOSS so anyone can make a ROM.
I had a Galaxy S (the very first, sine 2010) it shipped with Eclair (2.1) and is running Lollipop (5.1) via OmniRom.
I dare you to upgrade you iPhone 4 to iOS 9.
Maybe you can ask Apple to release the source code, hey?
Oh wait. Never mind. grin
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
martineverest:
Guess u avnt heard of 'stagefright 2.0'.it came out dis week.
LMFAO.
It didn't "come out" it was just recently discovered and a fix is in the works.
nxt version is on d way...
Version ko, remix ni. grin
android ll surely remain,but windows 10 will rule them all
Luther had a dream too.
Remind me again which mobile OS has a global market share of less than 3% and which OS has more than 81% market share?
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by martineverest(m): 3:06am On Oct 11, 2015
Just pray microsoft dosnt solve their app gap problem.otherwise,android ll be history
Karmanaut:

LMFAO.
It didn't "come out" it was just recently discovered and a fix is in the works.

Version ko, remix ni. grin

Luther had a dream too.
Remind me again which mobile OS has a global market share of less than 3% and which OS has more than 81% market share?
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Nobody: 3:10am On Oct 11, 2015
martineverest:
Just pray microsoft dosnt solve their app gap problem.otherwise,android ll be history
Oga please go to bed.
Microsoft does not even have enough faith in its products.
Strange that the Microsoft apps found on the Android play store are not even in the Windows app store.
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by seunfly: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2015
Karmanaut:

Oga please go to bed.
Microsoft does not even have enough faith in its products.
Strange that the Microsoft apps found on the Android play store are not even in the Windows play store.

I think they are the next in line to crash out unless their next move prove successful.
Re: Blackberry To Stop Making Phones In 2016? by Flye: 11:05am On Oct 11, 2015
I think they will survive it if the price of their Android phone is reasonable, but how reasonable can BlackBerry price be?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Images/media are blurry on my Redmi 8, What could be the cause?? / Android – Get And Watch All Live DSTV Channels For Free / Beware Affordables Phone Dealers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.