Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? (40212 Views)

See How My Wrist Looks Like 5 Months After Wrist Fracture, Is It Normal? / Losing Weight Fast Without Trying-here Are 6 Weird Reasons You Are Losing Weigh! / Help, I'm 18, I'm Skinny But I Weigh 147 Pounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
that's weird
Hmmmm
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
PinkBarbie:
Hmmmm
you still haven't answered my question and you know it cry
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
you still haven't answered my question and you know it cry
I stay in Lagos.
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
onlinebethel:

YOU NEED A WAIST TRAINER
thank you
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
charlsecy:

Note: Weighing 92 kg for your height is not necessarily bad. It depends on the composition. What constitutes the bulk of your body; fat or muscle? If it is muscle; you need not worry necessarily, but it is always good to lead an active life. However, if it is fat 》》》(Continue Reading)

It is my understanding you have a weight of 92 kg and a height of 5 feet; 11 inches (180 cm). Based on the figures, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 28.4. Normally, it should be between 18.5 and 24.9. Your weight should not be more than 80kg, based on your statistics. For now, you should aim to be between 75 kg and 79kg. Therefore, I think you should work smart and hard to reduce your BMI to normal range.

You should have a weight goal, I mean, you should define how much weight you want to lose per week. Advisedly, you should not be interested in losing weight too fast. Aim to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week, that is, ~ 0.5 kg or ~ 1 kg.

To lose approximately 1 kg per week, you should take no more than 1800 calories per day. Note that as you lose weight, you have to be adjusting your daily calorific needs accordingly. The more you lose weight, the fewer calories you need to lose weight further. For example, based on your height and current weight, you should eat about 1800 calories every day to lose approximately 1 kg in the week. However, if your weight reduces to, say, 85 kg, your daily calorific needs should become about 1700 calories, if you must continue with your weekly weight loss of 1 kg.

I recommend you use the online resource at http://www.webmd.com/diet/body-bmi-calculator or http://authoritynutrition.com/how-many-calories-per-day/ to determine your daily calorific needs. I must add that no matter what your weight goal is, you should always take at least 1500 calories per day.

When I said you should take 1800 calories per day to lose ~ 1 kg in the week, I assume you do not actively engage in exercise. So you can still lose weight without traditional exercise. However, I would recommend you engage in exercise, as it not only helps you lose weight, it also has other desirable health and fitness benefits. With exercise, you can eat more than the stated 1800 calories and still maintain a daily net balance of 1800 calories. See it this way: you can consume, say, 2000 calories in a day, but burn off 200 in exercise to still maintain a net balance of 1800 daily. The more you exercise, the more you can eat.

[size=16pt]TIPS: Losing Weight[/size]

Use smaller plates for eating. This will enable you easily take smaller food portions. I notice people tend to want to finish all the food in the plate. I believe using a smaller plate will make you eat lesser than you would have eaten using a big plate. It is both psychological and physical.

Serve yourself, if possible. The people offering you food may not know you are on a weight-loss mission, so they may give you the normal, big quantities they have always been giving you. Sometimes, when a big meal is served, you may find yourself eating more than required especially when it is a tasty delicacy.

Drink plenty of water. Take a glass of water on waking up. Take water 10 minutes before meal, and 30 minutes after a meal.

Take up an exercise plan. Brisk walking, jogging, running and rope skipping are important aerobics to consider. Start small, but increase intensity and frequency as you become more fit.

Sleep enough. I have noticed that a great exercise starts with a great sleep. If you don't get enough sleep, you may be tired and lazy through the day which is not consistent with the active life you need for weight loss. You may find yourself not having enough strength for exercises. A good night's rest is good for your metabolism. Insufficient night's sleep might make your system burn fewer calories than it should.

Eat more of protein.

Snack on fruits and vegetables instead of soft drinks, sugary edibles or carbohydrates.

Avoid prolonged sitting. Walk around every 40 minutes or so. Be active.

[size=16pt]Estimating Calories in Food[/size]

Akara (1 ball): 75
Apple: 70
A slice of plantain: 68
A tablespoonful of bean: 40
A tablespoonful of breadfruit: 20
A tablespoonful of garri: 60
A tablespoonful of rice: 20
A wedge of watermelon: 90
Banana: 100
Carrot: 30
Corn: 120
Cucumber: 45
Egg: 80
Guava: 40
Orange: 70
Palm oil (1 tbsp): 120.
Small Pawpaw: 150

You can use Google to look up the estimated calories in edibles. Just enter, for example, "Calories in carrot" in the search bar. Read also food labels.

Check http://www.fitnessforweightloss.com/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-walking/ for estimates of calories burned walking and/or jogging.

Search "pub:tayutau" on PlayStore to download Pedometer, an app that calculates your calorific expenditure during walking or running. Ensure to input your sex, weight, height and average step length figures under Settings 》Personal Information.

thanks a trillion bro.. i have bookmarked this...thanks

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Laredojohn(m): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2015
rasojie:
I am in my early early twenties. Heavily built but not 'fat'
It's not really about weight, you might have big bones,do your BMI, if it's ok nothing to fear.
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2015
He is even talking, am 6'3 and am 110+kg .....God help me o cry
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by charlsecy(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2015
ironbender101:
im 26 and 110kg.
I am 29. I weight around 70 - 71 kg on waking up.
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by charlsecy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
saintuu:
its normal.... body weight is not always about how big one is....bigger person might weigh less while a smaller person weighs more...
rawpadgin:
what!
ur prolly 22 weighing 92!
gbosaa:
I disagree. 1.6m or 160cm is short for someone of that weight (92kg)..
Check your BMI at http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
charlsecy:

Check your BMI at http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

Did you read my post and the one I quoted before referring me to the NHS website?
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by kilokeys(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Welcome to the club

I weigh abt two bags of rice and 4 dericas... Thats abt 105kg

I should hit 90kg before year's.. All u need is a positive outlook, a change in diet and exercise

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by iamkingzlee(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
kilokeys:
Welcome to the club

I weigh abt two bags of rice and 4 dericas... Thats abt 105kg

I should hit 90kg before year's.. All u need is a positive outlook, a change in diet and exercise
lmfao grin you"ve killed me grin 4 Dericas grin you must be Macho man's brother...
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by themejiwalker(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2015
awesomesossy:

Ur BMI is 26.35..........u r slightly overweight.....18-25 is normal

Can you help calculate mine? Thanks smiley
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by awesomesossy(f): 6:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
themejiwalker:

Can you help calculate mine? Thanks smiley
How much r u going to pay me grin, oya send me ur weight nd ur height in cm... we ll discuss price later wink
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by themejiwalker(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
awesomesossy:

How much r u going to pay me grin, oya send me ur weight nd ur height in cm... we ll discuss price later wink

Weight 85kg Height 180cm. Hope i'm not overload grin
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by ChariZe: 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Paloma Hairs Nigeria,a subdivision of GiorDio Paloma Ventures certified by the Corporate Affairs Commission is extending business opportunities to interested Wholesalers & Retailers of Human hair Extensions.

Grades available: 7A,8A,9A & 10A.
Types available: Brazilian, Cambodian, Peruvian, etc.
Textures: Straight, Kinky Curly,Bouncy Curly, Body wave,etc.
Lengths: 10"-30" for 7A & 8A
12"-30" for 9A & 10A

Interested Wholesalers/Retailers are to contact Us on:
Watsapp: 08168874975
BBM: 2BDC622E
Email: Palomahair4ng@gmail.com

Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by awesomesossy(f): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
themejiwalker:

Weight 85kg Height 180cm. Hope i'm not overload grin
Dats about 26.2 .....u r slightly over weight....thats not much of a problem...
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by themejiwalker(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
awesomesossy:

Dats about 26.2 .....u r slightly over weight....thats not much of a problem...

Do you charge for consultancy?

Do you have an office in lag?
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by awesomesossy(f): 7:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
themejiwalker:

Do you charge for consultancy?

Do you have an office in lag?
Hahahhahahaha....its free 4 first time customers grin nd ma office is in Benin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by themejiwalker(m): 8:15am On Nov 17, 2015
awesomesossy:

Hahahhahahaha....its free 4 first time customers grin nd ma office is in Benin grin grin

smiley
Re: Is It Normal To Weigh 92Kg At My Age? by Evangkatsoulis: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lol. I weigh over 100KG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The New Trick Used To Sell Expired Products In Nigeria - David King / Woman Shares Photos Of Her 4 Sons: "Doctor Said I Didn’t Have Enough Eggs" / Parents Of The Boy Born With His Heart Outside The Body In Yobe. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.