Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity (4903 Views)

Bible Approves Islam As The Divine Religion / Islam As The Religion Of Violence / "the Truth About The 12 Imams In Islam As Foretold By The Prophet Muhammad (sa)" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2009
Well, I mean tetimonies like rasing the dead, making the blind see, making the lame work, like a AIDS patience after the jumat service, going back to hospital and later told it is negative, and so many more like we do have in Christiandom. plz lets be discrete here, i am just a curious person who want to know.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by JJYOU: 2:28pm On Apr 24, 2009
todak:

Well, I mean tetimonies like rasing the dead, making the blind see, making the lame work, like a AIDS patience after the jumat service, going back to hospital and later told it is negative, and so many more like we do have in Christiandom. plz lets be discrete here, i am just a curious person who want to know.
yea yea with some dodgy watches, batteries and loads of beggars too. mostly in front of churches they intend to burn down some day. more like creating victims and pains than curing. how can God hear people full of violence and hatred? if you were God for 1 minute would you hear a group of people like that?
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by noetic(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
is amputation, beheading and terrorism not enough testimony?
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Lagosboy: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2009
JJYOU:

yea yea with some dodgy watches, batteries and loads of beggars too. mostly in front of churches they intend to burn down some day. more like creating victims and pains than curing. how can God hear people full of violence and hatred? if you were God for 1 minute would you hear a group of people like that?

I know you are more intelligent than this, honestly re read your post and make a judgement. Dont put yourself on the same level as todak, noetic and davidylan.

Even in islam we believe God answers the prayers of people of all faith and i have reference for that.

Back to the topic , miracles dont really mean anything islam as people can have miracles in thier personal lives everyday. It is not something we propagate as a sign of piety not is it something we go on preaching about. The devil himself can perfom various majic and evil men can do perform "miracles " in their own right.

Our faith reveloves round worshipping the one true God and not around miracles.

The christianity i grew up to know is on the same page as per this , Anglican,Methodist,Baptist catholic all dont preach this sort of miracles. It is the christianity of today we here all this things of which everyday various allegations of acting and falsehood are levelled against the miracles workers.

Why the CAN champion the banning of miracles on Nigerian TV.

May God guide us aright.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 3:47pm On Apr 24, 2009
@tadak
todak:

You are just very funny! I will respond in details, just a bit busy. If I were to give this thread another name. Miracle and Testimony In Isalm.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
Islam is not a religious of magicians where each individual would think he has been authorized to do and undo thereby modifying physical destiny accorded by God Almighty. In one of the prophet Muhammad message to his followers, that towards the end of last hour, people would be selling religion(like bread). If someone could understand this, then, how could you market bread? Understandably, I dont say there is no mircacle, however, 99% of such present miracles performed by humans are pure magics by imploring the JINS. The main messsage of God to human being is just basically obidient, and there is judgement for disobidiency (for example, probably AID), it has nothing attached to performing miracles thereby raising the deads, healing the blinds etc. Now that the presents pastors turn to miracle advertisers which actually have make many to lose thier focus on the part of religion today. For example, in Nigeria today, 90% of the people attends religious congregation with the miracle perception to the to concept of understanding that religious better. In Islam  today, people who are not well grounded Islamically easily lose thier focus too, thierby looking for solution to thier propblems in churches. The miracles (like raising the deads) as representes in Islam are those accorded to the prophets mentioned in the Quran for people to believe them, they were sent by God alimghty. The present testimonies are just the main advert tools used by present days churches.

@todak, I will tackle you on one point, if raising the dead has been ordained by God almighty to be performed by the present day churches, why cant they place thier meeting point in mortuary? At least, there are many unknown deaths everyday?

In Islam, their is recognition for miracles as a sign from Almighty God. Thereby, you see many Islamic mircales performed not by humans but just occurred naturally which nobody has ever been able to disput up till now.
Also, there are precsribed prayers in Islam as well for solving one problem or the other. One of this is famous Rukyah(mostly for people possessed by demons) which I personally have witnessed severally. Meanwhile, there is no need for just testimony/advertisement in mosque saying demons has been casted out  of someone by a particular Ustaz, Islam in totality against such popularity and announcements.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2009
Lagosboy:

I know you are more intelligent than this, honestly re read your post and make a judgement. Dont put yourself on the same level as todak, noetic and davidylan.

Even in islam we believe God answers the prayers of people of all faith and i have reference for that.

Back to the topic , miracles dont really mean anything islam as people can have miracles in thier personal lives everyday. It is not something we propagate as a sign of piety not is it something we go on preaching about. The devil himself can perfom various majic and evil men can do perform "miracles " in their own right.

Our faith reveloves round worshipping the one true God and not around miracles.

The christianity i grew up to know is on the same page as per this , Anglican,Methodist,Baptist catholic all dont preach this sort of miracles. It is the christianity of today we here all this things of which everyday various allegations of acting and falsehood are levelled against the miracles workers.

Why the CAN champion the banning of miracles on Nigerian TV.

May God guide us aright.

I read this ridiculous verbal gymnastics with amusement. Anglicans, Methodists and co may not "preach all this sort of miracles" . . . but miracles were a very important hallmark of the life of Christ . . . miracles followed His disciples and infact Christ said this - John 14: 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it

Unlike the hypocritical turd that muslims force you to believe (to excuse the impotence of their own god when it comes to miracles) . . . christianity DOES NOT revolve around miracles . . . it revolves around the message of the cross. Miracles are simply answers to prayers and spiritual intervention in the physical realm that defies human understanding.

those "christians" who dont preach miracles are certainly not preaching the Christ i find in the pages of the bible. The Christ who had compassion on the blind, the lame and the broken hearted.

CAN can ban "miracles" all they want . . . its not because they are not biblical.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by babs787(m): 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2009
@Davidylan

John 14: 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Go siddon somewhere grin. T.B. Joshua and the likes of Oyakhilome have been deceiving you using the above verse. Oga, what do you really understand by miracle? Is it a thing one except or happens miraculously?

Jesus never assembled people that he wanted to perform miracle but its a thing that happened in which you didnt plan for. Your pastors assemble people, telling them that they want to perform miracle, is that the way Jesus did his?

Also with reference to the above verse, have you for one day ponder on another verse that says, if you have faith as small as mustard seed, you would command the mountain to move and it would but none has been able to achieve this, even your pastors.

Also Jesus said that you would trample on serpents, drink poisons and it would not harm you, christians have died and still dying as result of this. They have been asking this in his name but nothing has happened. Mind you, with reference to the above, you should be able to perform signs and wonders since you are doing that in his name but how come you have not been able to considering the fact that you have faith and call his name?

Yeye set of people cheesy. Dont let me go into unfulfilled prophecies from your bible grin cos you would not find it funny.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by okgerald(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2009
Pastor Adeboye's wife passed on about 2.5 weeks ago. He being a man of God should have raised her if he wanted to but clearly its not possible. All these pastors advertising miracles are just trying to lure the lure the masses to into dropping the little they have.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by babs787(m): 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2009
Pastor Adeboye's wife passed on about 2.5 weeks ago. He being a man of God should have raised her if he wanted to but clearly its not possible. All these pastors advertising miracles are just trying to lure the lure the masses to into dropping the little they have.

Yes lure them into dropping little they have just like the case of tithe. cool

He might have forgotten the verse but Davidylan should have done better by assisting in doing that since

John 14: 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I d[/b]o, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 [b]If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Even 2 weeks plus is not too long, she could resurrect if they have faith and call on his name. grin cheesy
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Horus(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2009
Both Jesus and Muhammad told their followers to follow the religion of Abraham, Millat Ibrahim (John 8:39, Koran 2:130). They never intended their teachings to become new religions, namely Christianity and Islam.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Jarus(m): 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
littleb:

Islam is not a religious of magicians where each individual would think he has been authorized to do and undo thereby modifying physical destiny accorded by God Almighty. In one of the prophet Muhammad message to his followers, that towards the end of last hour, people would be selling religion(like bread). If someone could understand this, then, how could you market bread? Understandably, I dont say there is no mircacle, however, 99% of such present miracles performed by humans are pure magics by imploring the JINS. The main messsage of God to human being is just basically obidient, and there is judgement for disobidiency (for example, probably AID), it has nothing attached to performing miracles thereby raising the deads, healing the blinds etc. Now that the presents pastors turn to miracle advertisers which actually have make many to lose thier focus on the part of religion today. For example, in Nigeria today, 90% of the people attends religious congregation with the miracle perception to the to concept of understanding that religious better. In Islam today, people who are not well grounded Islamically easily lose thier focus too, thierby looking for solution to thier propblems in churches. The miracles (like raising the deads) as representes in Islam are those accorded to the prophets mentioned in the Quran for people to believe them, they were sent by God alimghty. The present testimonies are just the main advert tools used by present days churches.

@todak, I will tackle you on one point, if raising the dead has been ordained by God almighty to be performed by the present day churches, why cant they place thier meeting point in mortuary? At least, there are many unknown deaths everyday?

In Islam, their is recognition for miracles as a sign from Almighty God. Thereby, you see many Islamic mircales performed not by humans but just occurred naturally which nobody has ever been able to disput up till now.
Also, there are precsribed prayers in Islam as well for solving one problem or the other. One of this is famous Rukyah(mostly for people possessed by demons) which I personally have witnessed severally. Meanwhile, there is no need for just testimony/advertisement in mosque saying demons has been casted out of someone by a particular Ustaz, Islam in totality against such popularity and announcements.

Good reply there my brother. May Allah increase your wisdom.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 4:46pm On May 05, 2009
plz, let there be order in the house, i only want to hear of testimonies not criticizing one religion, do not turn this post to a violent one, i am talking to babs and others here involved. all i want is YES there is with examples and NO there is none. But if you want to criticize the christians, well, i am sorry to tell you, MIRACLES ARE TRUE, though not all are true, but THEY ARE REAL, and also for the poster of this:

I will tackle you on one point, if raising the dead has been ordained by God almighty to be performed by the present day churches, why cant they place thier meeting point in mortuary? At least, there are many unknown deaths everyday?

A good question, Jesus did not heal all the sick in his time, he did not raise all the dead in his time, he did not make all the blind to see, and all those who recieved miracles were people who had faith in him to heal them, not only believe, so the miracles you see today are real, i have seen many and are still, have you seen where a shortened leg, became equal to the other, can magical powers do that?, every miracle Jesus did was for a purpose, and if you say why are not those dying be raised back to life, then nature will not be complete, cos it is a must, we shall all die, those who were raised were raised back for purpose, did you not hear about a pastor who was raised back in one of Reihard bonnke's crusade read it here : http://www.geocities.com/discoverchurch/daniel.htm, are you telling me that, that is a fluke, the young man is hale and healthy,if you want the full story i shall post it, so do not give me that antagonizing talk, give me the answer i requested.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by oderemo(m): 6:02am On May 06, 2009
every day i pray that GOD of the xtian will come and all the deception will end and well Mohammad show up as well and we know the tru Muslim. i guess if these guys turned up oyakilome will hardly recognise JESUS neither your firebrand imam recognise MOHAMMED. that will be a miracle.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2009
@todak,
todak:

plz, let there be order in the house,  i only want to hear of testimonies not criticizing one religion, do not turn this post to a violent one, i am talking to babs and others here involved. all i want is YES there is with examples and NO there is none. But if you want to criticize the christians, well, i am sorry to tell you, MIRACLES ARE TRUE, though not all are true, but THEY ARE REAL, and also for the poster of this:

I will tackle you on one point, if raising the dead has been ordained by God almighty to be performed by the present day churches, why cant they place thier meeting point in mortuary? At least, there are many unknown deaths everyday?

A good question, Jesus did  not heal all the sick in his time, he did not raise all the dead in his time, he did not make all the blind to see, and all those who recieved miracles were people who had faith in him to heal them, not only believe, so the miracles you see today are real, i have seen many and are still, have you seen where a shortened leg, became equal to the other, can magical powers do that?, every miracle Jesus did was  for a purpose, and if you say why are not those dying be raised back to life, then nature will not be complete, cos it is a must, we shall all die, those who were raised were raised back for purpose, did you not hear about a pastor who was raised back in one of Reihard bonnke's crusade read it here : http://www.geocities.com/discoverchurch/daniel.htm, are you telling me that, that is a fluke, the young man is hale and healthy,if you want the full story i shall post it, so do not give me that antagonizing talk, give me the answer i requested.

In Islam, there is none absolute YES or NO to your question. In Islam, basically, there are miracles and testimonies differ from that of what you proclaimed in Christianity. I know and I have heard your pastors can turn fibroid to baby, raise dead and the likes. In Islam, believe is that such miraculous performance is given to His prophets as a sign, especially for people to believe them they were sent by God Almighty. Prophet Muhammad is the zeal of all prophets, if anybody claims any miracle now and start advertising people should come for miracle, is a very good liar. Needless to say, for a reasonable person, performing miracle in the present generation is a a great and major sign of a liar according to the bible.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 4:57pm On May 09, 2009
Littleb, do not say what you do not know, cos the bible is full of miracles, you said some thing like In Islam, believe is that such miraculous performance is given to His prophets as a sign, especially for people to believe them they were sent by God Almighty. So tell me what miracle did Muhammad did that made all the people then to believe him? and atleast as the zeal of all prophets, he should have done a tangible miracle for him to be believed, so do not give me those talk of miracles done today are false, go to the site i gave in my previous post, MIRACLES ARE TRUE AND REAL. If you do not believe, thats your decision, ok
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by babs787(m): 6:01pm On May 09, 2009
Todak

Google the miracle of Muhammed (saw) and read yourself.

A good question, Jesus did not heal all the sick in his time, he did not raise all the dead in his time, he did not make all the blind to see, and all those who recieved miracles were people who had faith in him to heal them, not only believe, so the miracles you see today are real, i have seen many and are still, have you seen where a shortened leg, became equal to the other, can magical powers do that?, every miracle Jesus did was for a purpose, and if you say why are not those dying be raised back to life, then nature will not be complete, cos it is a must, we shall all die, those who were raised were raised back for purpose,

Do you have your friend here so he could tell us? Mind you, nobody is saying miracle doesnt happen but its not a thing you assemble people to do just like Jesus didnt do that but had to do the ones he did wheh he had no option and it happens to be proof of his being sent and he told them not to tell anybody.

Take the case of the canaanite woman that met Jesus by the well. Read what Jesus told her and how he cured her later?

Lastly, are you telling me that Jesus cured everybody because there is a story in your bible where somebody died and one of the disciples told Jesus but he told him that 'let the dead bury their dead'. He could have gone to the place and woke the person up but he made us known that he couldnt do anything without the assistance of his creator, he has to pray to Him for assistance.

did you not hear about a pastor who was raised back in one of Reihard bonnke's crusade read it here : http://www.geocities.com/discoverchurch/daniel.htm, are you telling me that, that is a fluke, the young man is hale and healthy,if you want the full story i shall post it, so do not give me that antagonizing talk, give me the answer i requested.

Go siddon. your fellow christians know about Bonnke, so do not try to feed me with that. Go read that of Oyakhilome too.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Frizy(m): 8:09pm On May 09, 2009
There is no sorcery in Islam, please get that right. tongue
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 9:08am On May 10, 2009
todak:

Littleb, do not say what you do not know, cos the bible is full of miracles, you said some thing like In Islam, believe is that such miraculous performance is given to His prophets as a sign, especially for people to believe them they were sent by God Almighty. So tell me what miracle did Muhammad did that made all the people then  to believe him? and atleast as the zeal of all prophets, he should have done a tangible miracle for him to be believed, so do not give me those talk of miracles done today are false, go to the site i gave in my previous post, MIRACLES ARE TRUE AND REAL. If you do not believe, thats your decision, ok

Todak, you have to lower your emotion in order to get things right. Islam believes that miracles were bestowed upon prophets in order to established the proof of thier prophethood. Moreso, the greatest mircale perform by each of them is differ from one another and its mostly related to the believe of thier people. First, Prophet Moses's people were great magicians and so lie the most significant miracle he performed. Also, Jesus contemporaries were great physiscians and so lies the miraculous raising the deads and cure the incurable diseases. Now to your question about prophet Muhammad's miracles. First, arab contemporaries then were known for their eloquence and magnificent poetry. So the first great miracle of Islam is the Quran which challenge the whole arab poets and orators, yet they couldn't produce the likes.
Moreover, prophet muhammad performs other mircales includes spliting the moon, water mmultiplication and food multiplication, supplication for rain, produce light to guide his followers out of darkness. All divine prophets have gone with thier mircales, lets concentrate on the present generation

Now, my friend, probably NL will serve you to teach me what I know not. If you believe miracles were perform by prophet to establish the proof of thier prophethood, is that equivalent to the present day churches miracles adverts to establish the proof of thier pastoraship/prophethood? Now, you said in your previous posts;
"MIRACLES ARE TRUE, though not all are true, but THEY ARE REAL"
. Then, how could you know the fake from original? How could you differentiate the magician/sorcery from just ordinary prayer? Kindly juxtapose your response with the following bible verses;
Math 24:
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
25 Behold, I have told you beforehand.
26 If therefore they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the wilderness; go not forth: Behold, he is in the inner chambers; believe [it] not.

And above all, not all christians believe these miracle pastors, OYAKHILOME, T.B. JOSHUA,bonkee etc.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2009
And if you do not know, "by their fruit you shall know them", because there are fake miracles does not mean real miracles do not exist, and from you and babs point, you are telling me it is only the prophets that can perform miracles, babs do not refer me to one google or whatever, tell it here with quranic references ok, except for Isa and particularly muhammad cos littleb told me a prophet is know by doing on miracle to proof his prophethood and concerning Bonnke, he is a bonifide man of God, magic can do anything but not raise the dead, so do not give me that crab shit of comparing him with Oyakilome, they are two different entities.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by tudor(m): 12:57pm On May 12, 2009
@post
YES, there're miracles in islam.just go to iraq and afghanistan and you'll see them dividing themselves and innocent others into millions of pieces with bombs
@o.k gerald pastor adeboye's wife isn't dead not if you're planning on blowing her up. . .(stop posting wrong info)
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by babs787(m): 7:38pm On May 12, 2009
@Todak

And if you do not know, "by their fruit you shall know them", because there are fake miracles does not mean real miracles do not exist, and from you and babs point, you are telling me it is only the prophets that can perform miracles, babs do not refer me to one google or whatever, tell it here with quranic references ok, except for Isa and particularly muhammad cos littleb told me a prophet is know by doing on miracle to proof his prophethood and concerning Bonnke, he is a bonifide man of God, magic can do anything but not raise the dead, so do not give me that crab shit of comparing him with Oyakilome, they are two different entities.

Na wa for this Dude. Nobody is saying miracle doesnt happen but get it straight that its not a thing you assemble people to do. Please find out the meaning of the word 'miracle' and we take it up from there. How do you identify fake miracles from real miracles please?
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 3:04pm On May 14, 2009
So the point is , Babs, tell us right here on NL where in the quran muhammad did miracles with quranic verses and stop beating about the bush. Muhammad is the seal of the prophets, good, Moses, Jesus and others did renowned miracles, and as the seal of the prophet, what is that miracle he did that made him a prophet indeed. do not give me the crab shit of Quran being a miracle, anybody can claim to be given the gift of religious books, similar example is this mormon prophet, , give me fact not falsified truth,
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by Lagosboy: 4:12pm On May 14, 2009
Ever heard of the splitting of the moon?
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by babs787(m): 7:51pm On May 14, 2009
@Todak

When done with what Lagosboy said, dont forget to expain how one can identify fake miracles from real miracles as said in your post.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 3:26pm On May 16, 2009
Is that one of the miracles muhammad performed, , well, give quranic references. and as for you babs, real miracles do last, also when you are prayerful, you will not be decieved, , your relationship with God determines how much God speaks to you, so whether fake or real, God still use his children to perform miracles,
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 9:40am On May 17, 2009
todak:

Is that one of the miracles muhammad performed, , well, give quranic references. and as for you babs, real miracles do last, also when you are prayerful, you will not be decieved, , your relationship with God determines how much God speaks to you, so whether fake or real, God still use his children to perform miracles,

Ogbeni, a beere iru o funwa ni ila. Who are those children of God that are now authorize to be advertising miracles? bonkee, oyakhilome, joshua e.t.c.I wont be surprise if you only remain in Christianity for miracle fellowship. Which position does miracle takes in christainty? Practically, how do you recognize fake from original?You claim true miracles will last, then give examples.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 12:26am On May 19, 2009
Ogbeni, a beere iru o funwa ni ila. Who are those children of God that are now authorize to be advertising miracles? bonkee, oyakhilome, joshua e.t.c.

Every child of God including i can perform miracles, we do not need to go fetish before miracle can take place,  and like i earlier said, the level at which you walk with God will determine how much God will walk with you, you can't expect a christian who still falls into sin to perform miracles, it takes maturity in Christ coupled with prayer and Fasting.

I wont be surprise if you only remain in Christianity for miracle fellowship.

Surprised!!!, why not ask your muslim brethen that are converted, why they left Islam for Christianity, when i hear their stories, i felt like crying,  Islam is absolute boundage. today I was reading the update on what was going on in the north especially concerning the Jihad and Sharia stuff, tens of people awaiting amputation of one part of the body or the other, some to be stone to death for adultery and incesent flogging for fornication, you see the government careless about the populace only for sharia to be strictly adhered to and the rest,  it is disgusting,  so Listen, Our God is a miraclulous God, I'm not only a Christian because of GOd's miracles in my life but his presence is alway with me in anything i do, My God is too Good to leave him,  Oh how i wish you could understand what i mean by abiding in Christ. hmmmmmmmmm Lord thank You for i am not in Bondage,

Which position does miracle takes in christainty?

Miracles proves God and who he is and so it is esteemed in Christianity, which makes it a foothold by the devil and his agent to divert attention from true miracles,

how do you recognize fake from original?

i've replied that and you have also repeated part of it,  so

You claim true miracles will last, then give examples.

There are millions of examples, i will mention only if my question is answered, which miracle did muhammad performed that made him a prophet or made people believe he was a prophet, ,. so do not divert the tread,ok. Let me tell you, many that became christians were christians because of one miracle or the other,  and the miracle lasted,  no be dem say, 
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by littleb(m): 3:49pm On May 19, 2009
@todak
Every child of God including i can perform miracles, we do not need to go fetish before miracle can take place, and like i earlier said, the level at which you walk with God will determine how much God will walk with you, you can't expect a christian who still falls into sin to perform miracles, it takes maturity in Christ coupled with prayer and Fasting.

And we dont need to start advertising miracles either. Anybody who believe in God can pray and his prayer will be answerred. Not laying claim to calling people to come for miracles like the ones we have now.

Surprised!!!, why not ask your muslim brethen that are converted, why they left Islam for Christianity, when i hear their stories, i felt like crying, 

I don't need to ask for thier testimonies, theose one on NL is even enough which clearly shows they used to be lazy mulsims throughout before they converted. They had little or no understandings from islamic concepts.

Islam is absolute boundage.

Yes, Islam will continue to be bondage for the lazy ones in dying need of miracles. Those that could not rationally depends on divine guidance and wisdom. You will agree with me that most reverted to Islam never see the bondage in Islam before?

today I was reading the update on what was going on in the north especially concerning the Jihad and Sharia stuff, tens of people awaiting amputation of one part of the body or the other, some to be stone to death for adultery and incesent flogging for fornication, you see the government careless about the populace only for sharia to be strictly adhered to and the rest,  it is disgusting,  so Listen, Our God is a miraclulous God, I'm not only a Christian because of GOd's miracles in my life but his presence is alway with me in anything i do, My God is too Good to leave him,  Oh how i wish you could understand what i mean by abiding in Christ. hmmmmmmmmm Lord thank You for i am not in Bondage

It doesn't take a Phd to know Sharia is a muslims life. It is differ from christianity. Islam is very practicable, needless of all propaganda, how many people beheaded during the life of the prophet? How many amputated? Even in Saudi Arabia today, how many are being killed,amputated for commiting one offence or the others? I will catch you, tell me which area from the north are people awaiting judgement? You liars! Even with the political inclined sharia. Just don't ditort the thread come on sharia thread and you shall be fetched.

Miracles proves God and who he is and so it is esteemed in Christianity, which makes it a foothold by the devil and his agent to divert attention from true miracles,

Is that a bible verse or your own insertion?
I refer you to a biblical verse that people will lay claimed of miracles which Jesus did not send them. And I asked you question, how to recognize the fake from original and you said it would last; show me, is that a proof the bible?
BIble said, fake prophets will perform miracles and mislead many, even the elect, and you todak, is sentimentalizing bible words. It is even go further that they will be calling people to come to forests, mountain etc. And from your satement:
"by their fruit you shall know them"
miracles is one of the worst ever misleading tools of the present age according to your bible
You can digest some parts of thier fruits and start judging by yourself:

Criminals Posing as Men of God

The most stinking and revolting aspect of the evangelical work in Africa is faith-healing. Most Evangelical pastors in Africa are now faith healers. They claim to have powers to cure all diseases and solve all problems. Recently, Gilbert Deya, a self acclaimed archbishop from Kenya, got himself into trouble. He said he could make infertile black couples give birth to miracle babies. But police investigations revealed child theft and baby trafficking. Some years ago, a Nigerian pastor Temitope Joshua – of the Synagogue of All Nations – announced to the world that he could cure HIV/AIDS. But his claims were later discovered to be all fake and forgery.

In 2001, the German evangelist, Renhard Bonnke, was reported to have raised somebody from the dead. There have been a lot of such indiscriminate claims of miracles and divine healing by Nigeria’s televangelists and doomsday preachers – Chris Oyakhilome, Enoch Adeboye, David Oyedepo, Helen Ukpabio, and Matthew Ashimolowo etc. These faith-healers use the money extorted from miracle seekers to mount billboards and sponsor radio and television programmes advertising their miracles. Last year, the Broadcasting commission in Nigeria had to ban the transmission of miracles on national television. Faith healing is the greatest threat to scientific medicine and health care delivery in Africa.

Claims of divine cure and healing cannot be reconciled with the dire health situation in Africa. Africa has the highest infant mortality rate in the world. And millions out there are still dying of preventable diseases like malaria and tuberculosis. According to the United Nations, 6000 African children die – and 11,000 get infected with HIV/AIDS every day. And if indeed there are people with supernatural powers to heal the sick, raise the dead and cure all ailments, why are Africans suffering and dying; why are human beings suffering and dying?

Date First Published: March 15, 2006

http://www.frontlineafrica.org/content.php?x=Africa%20and%20Evangelical%20Christianity

There are millions of examples, i will mention only if my question is answered, which miracle did muhammad performed that made him a prophet or made people believe he was a prophet, ,. so do not divert the tread,ok. Let me tell you, many that became christians were christians because of one miracle or the other,  and the miracle lasted,  no be dem say, 

Miracles happened to everybody everyday differ from what you proclaimed as miracles. Islam is a practical religion, you don't need to advertise miracles before you know miracles is happening in ones life. Why the govt of Nigeria banned your fellow pastors from TV miracles? Moreso, to your question, refer to my earlier post, major miracles performed by prophets were mostly related to the contemporary believes or knowledge of the people around them, and I explain in detailed. If you can't find it, I won't help you.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by arramyjay: 4:32am On May 20, 2009
Yea i am sure they do,they just rant about it like some do.
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by todak(m): 11:01pm On May 20, 2009
And we dont need to start advertising miracles either. Anybody who believe in God can pray and his prayer will be answerred. Not laying claim to calling people to come for miracles like the ones we have now.

You see it as advertisment, but it is not, the bible says in Mark 16: 15-18

" 1And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Jesus performed miracles and he has given us power to do so. Where is muhammad's miracle?

I don't need to ask for thier testimonies, theose one on NL is even enough which clearly shows they used to be lazy mulsims throughout before they converted. They had little or no understandings from islamic concepts.

You said lazy muslims, you might be right but some are great islamic scholars of their own and the search for the truth made them find the truth,

Yes, Islam will continue to be bondage for the lazy ones in dying need of miracles. Those that could not rationally depends on divine guidance and wisdom.

Wonderful, for the first time you have once agree with me, i'm happy about that, but it is only a great fool that will let himself be bond.

You will agree with me that most reverted to Islam never see the bondage in Islam before?

Sure, i quite agree, It is like frying pan to fire, they don't know and they will, i only pray it will not be too late for them too.

It doesn't take a Phd to know Sharia is a muslims life. It is differ from christianity.

Sure in every aspect,

Islam is very practicable, needless of all propaganda, how many people beheaded during the life of the prophet?

the quran and the hadith can tell

How many amputated? Even in Saudi Arabia today, how many are being killed,amputated for commiting one offence or the others?

thank God for being straight forward in this post, so if you were set up to be in possesion of what is not your, your will also be amputated, for the fact that the object was in your possesion, ignoring the fact that you are not a thief, hmmm, that is a good islamic propanganda,

I will catch you, tell me which area from the north are people awaiting judgement?

You live right there in the north, you should tell me more, like i said, tens of people are awaiting amputation, and so it is cos you given it a kind of quranic and hadithal backup, so do not be tense up,

You liars! Even with the political inclined sharia. Just don't ditort the thread come on sharia thread and you shall be fetched.

Like making your fellow man an amputee and making him a beggar in the south, come see them plenty for south begging for alms, kai na wetin sharia don tun them to,

Is that a bible verse or your own insertion?

nope, not a bible verse, i thought you are so verse with the bible so i do not expect such stupid question

I refer you to a biblical verse that people will lay claimed of miracles which Jesus did not send them. And I asked you question, how to recognize the fake from original and you said it would last; show me, is that a proof the bible?
BIble said, fake prophets will perform miracles and mislead many, even the elect, and you todak, is sentimentalizing bible words. It is even go further that they will be calling people to come to forests, mountain etc. And from your satement:"by their fruit you shall know them"

You asked and you have answered your self, so why the ranting,

miracles is one of the worst ever misleading tools of the present age according to your bible

You say. but i will say, it is an arsenal used by the devil to divert the attention of those seeking for shortcut miracles, so it is not a criteria for judging christians, we only need to be careful, the way we search for miracles, all that is needed is Faith, coupled with prayer and Fasting, "ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open" but this applies to people who are doing the will of God and can only work for them,

From what you asked me to digest, which i did, i will need your source to be specific on Enoch Adeboye, David Oyedepo, Matthew Ashimolowo as it were, concerning T.B Joshua and the kenyan Arcbishop, and if unable, i think they need to get facts before they give it to the public or God will deal mercilessly with them, As far as i am concern, the foundation of the Lord standeth sure; and the Lord knows those who are his.

Miracles happened to everybody everyday differ from what you proclaimed as miracles.

Give examples,

Islam is a practical religion, you don't need to advertise miracles before you know miracles is happening in ones life. Why the govt of Nigeria banned your fellow pastors from TV miracles? Moreso, to your question, refer to my earlier post, major miracles performed by prophets were mostly related to the contemporary believes or knowledge of the people around them, and I explain in detailed. If you can't find it, I won't help you.

Go on, You need a brain surgeon to remove the islamic fluid in your head to be able to get things clear in christiandom, na waoooooooooo after your brother babs will be claiming to know the bible, , well you are yet to answer my question, tell me the miracle muhammad did that made him a prophet, with quranic references,
Re: Do We Have Testimonies In Islam As We Do Have In Xtianity by olabowale(m): 11:43pm On May 20, 2009
@Todak: Will Quranic prediction of the just defeated Rome to be victorious over the just victorious Persia, count as a miracle, since it happened exactly within the time it stated, in Surah Rome? Or will you not accept the mentioning of Masjid Aqsa, Jerusalem, in Surah Isra, as a miracle, since this was long before the place became a masjid, which still stands, in Jerusalem, today? Or you may have to research and discover, in Jerusalem, inside the Masjid known as Masjid Umar "The Dome of the Rock," that that "Rock" was trying to go to heaven with Muhammad (SAW), in his Isra wa Miraj. Muhammad had to stop the stone from going with him, by a gesture of his hand. The inprint of that hand remains on that stone, which is housed in that "Dome of the Rock!" These are just few examples.

Since you are very fascinated by Islam, or at least curious enough to ask probing questions, please make your own research. Am an still discovering Islam. I am very fascinated, too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Missing Verses Of The Quran With Proofs / How Should We Observe Laylat Al-qadr And When Is It? / Music In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.