Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] (2238 Views)

Politicians Under Security Watch Over Buratai’s Alarm / Lagos Is The Best Security Conscious State In Africa - Security Watch Africa / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 10, 2015
■ Over alleged plot against Buhari, as APC leader moves to close rank with Saraki

BY LAWRENCE ENYOGHASU

Security agencies have launched a surveillance ring around a lead­er of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and others, including some members of the National Assembly, over an alleged plot against President Mu­hammadu Buhari.

The plot, which presidency sources said is not unconnected to the decision of President Buhari to dump several nominees submitted by some party leaders and political godfa­thers for ministerial appointments, has led to a move to mend fences between the two ma­jor contending forces in the Senate.

Intelligence reports had revealed that some state governors, party leaders and political godfathers, whose nominees were dumped by the President for his preferred candidates, have begun to “unleash their goons in a well coordinated media campaigns and groups’ protests against Mr President’s choice of ministerial nominees”

Saturday Sun gathered that of particular in­terest to some intelligence agencies keeping a tab on the plot “is the decision of an APC leader in the South-West to jet out of the country the moment he realised that he could not push through his ministerial nominees, only to be coordinating attacks against the President from his base outside the country.”

A top official in one of the nation’s intelli­gence agencies leading investigations into the alleged plot told Saturday Sun on condition of anonymity, “because the investigation is still at the preliminary stage”, that “a partic­ular political godfather who has been spear­heading the campaign to remove the Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki has suddenly turned round to be reaching out to Senators in his (Saraki’s) camp to mend fences so as to form a joint force to launch an attack against the President.”

“We are following all of these clues and leads including promises by the same person to help crush the criminal charges against a leading Senator. This brand of politics will in no way help the ruling party and the nation. One man must not have his way in all cases and in every arrangement”, the source added.

Though the source did not specifically mention Tinubu in the chat, the APC chief­tain, however, fits into all the descriptions. It was also gathered that the presidency is al­ready bracing up for the emerging develop­ment.

It was not clear as at press time whether the Saraki camp will accept the peace deal being offered by the party leader and support the alleged plot against the President coming at a time when the relationship between Buhari and Saraki appears to be coming on track.

A close associate of Tinubu, who pleaded for anonymity, however, told Saturday Sun that indeed the APC leader was badly hurt by the rejection of his ministerial nominees by Buhari, he would, however, not have a hand in pulling down “a house he almost single-handedly built with his efforts and resourc­es.”

Saturday Sun had in an exclusive report before the release of the ministerial nominees reported the decision by President Buhari to dump over 73 names submitted to him by state governors, APC leaders and political godfathers to draw up a list of his own choice of ministerial nominees.

Indeed, when the list was unveiled last week, many of the party leaders including Tinubu were upset and left in shock. Rather than pick the choice of Tinubu in the South West, Buhari selected former Governors Babatunde Fashola (Lagos) and Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), both estranged political god­sons of Tinubu.

The party leader could also not get human rights activist, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), Prof Pat Utomi and his former Commissioners for Information and Finance in Lagos, Messrs Dele Alake and Wale Edun, respectively on the list. Falana had been tipped to emerge as the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Alake as Information Minister and Edun as Minister for Finance.

In Osun, while Governor Rauf Aregbesola is pushing the nomination of his immediate predecessor, former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola, in deference to an accord leading to the latter’s defection to APC, Tinubu is said to be backing the governor’s Chief of Staff, Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, who is his (Tinu­bu’s) blood relation.

In Ondo, the party leadership in the state is pushing the nomination of its governorship candidate in 2012 poll, Chief Rotimi Ak­eredolu SAN, while Tinubu is backing his bosom friend and APC National Vice Chair­man, South West, Chief Pius Akinyelure.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ministerial-list-tinubu-others-under-security-watch/
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Sleekydee(m): 3:21am On Oct 10, 2015
brb when day break
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 3:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Ghen ghen!

Let's the dram begins....Nigerians are watching!
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Sleekydee(m): 3:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Lemme book this space for barcanista
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by seunmsg(m): 3:28am On Oct 10, 2015
Trash as usual from the SUN. These guy's don't ever get tired of this sensational write ups.

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Firefire(m): 3:32am On Oct 10, 2015
Interesting development... cheesy cheesy
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Demmocrats(m): 3:45am On Oct 10, 2015
But my beloved sai buhari gives no fuvk smileys

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 10, 2015
what?
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 10, 2015
Poor Tinubu original use and dump.Afonja things on my mind

6 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by freeDR(m): 4:01am On Oct 10, 2015
This kind of news, I like to read about APC grin

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by ikaboy: 4:06am On Oct 10, 2015
Another rubbish from SUN, i expect the NATION to come up theirs. Little wonder my president will ignore these envelope indigenous media houses for the foreign ones for interviews.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by 989900: 4:11am On Oct 10, 2015
In another news . . . #rubbish
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by aresa: 4:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Me sef dey under security watch sef....

Silly village biafra losers and enemies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by dustmalik: 4:24am On Oct 10, 2015
This is plain nonsense from SUN.
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by modath(f): 4:25am On Oct 10, 2015
ikaboy:
Another rubbish from SUN, i expect the NATION to come up theirs. Little wonder my president will ignore these envelope indigenous media houses for the foreign ones for interviews.

EoD

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by onismate: 4:32am On Oct 10, 2015
shey na d sun abi na moon carry out this news. Trust lie Muhammed to come and debunk this. Jagaban can't be under watch. Saraki tried it and broke his leg.
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 10, 2015
This country needs a major surgical operation...

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nonybb: 4:39am On Oct 10, 2015
R
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Sanchez01: 4:45am On Oct 10, 2015
This article must have been written by a Sci-Fi addict. Imagine the way he embedded some words into the article as if one is previewing 24 or some CIA, MI:6, or FBI riddled movie.

While I may not say the article is totally false, the essence of this article is by no means relevant. I don't know if your prints understand the word "secret". Imagine the way they opened up on sensitive information just because they intend to sell their papers.

The Sun should understand that Nigeria alone is a movie and that their lies are not convincing enough. They need to learn how to tell lies from The Nation. All these CIA junk articles will not sell and is not believable in this part of the world.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by HopeAtHand: 4:54am On Oct 10, 2015
How does this help Amaechi scale through on tuesday??

I need him to scale.. cheesy grin
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by jlinkd78(m): 5:10am On Oct 10, 2015
ok
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by hushmail: 5:16am On Oct 10, 2015
Not Tinubu's Modus operandi
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by ki02020(m): 5:22am On Oct 10, 2015
Nonsense......tinubu is presently in the country na angry
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by ki02020(m): 5:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Nonsense......tinubu is presently in the country na angry....adeshina better call his boys to order
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by RollingStones(m): 5:23am On Oct 10, 2015
Tinubu go and DIE
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Aufbauh(m): 5:29am On Oct 10, 2015
My brain is not for cartoon...... @sunnewsonline
Is it not shameful and pathetic that the same people who preached to us before the last election that Tinubu will dictates to PMB upon assumption of office, hence will impede the change agenda of Buhari are still the same people speculating now that Buhari has dumped Tinubu in the scheme of things.
Haba, inconsistency of words is an immoral act.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by funshybam(m): 5:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Na dem go destroy demselves....

Pls I'm confused, which is the ruling party and which is the opposition party

....seems APC isn't used to winning, dem prefer to do opposition join ruling party

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by myweb(m): 5:33am On Oct 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Poor Tinubu original use and dump.Afonja things on my mind

Whats the meaning of this thrash you called post. Somebody who influences your life on daily is who you refers to as use and dump?
Listen sir, there is a thin line between hatred and.objectivity. Supporting Saraki against Nigeria, calling the north names, supporting the north against west, and supporting anything that can bring Tinubu down. I strongly feel for you sometimes thinking of how painful your daily living must be always playing on hate. I've never read a post of yours completely devoid of deep seated hatred, anger and twisting of facts. I'll better be standing very opposite of your stands on issues. It sucks

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by jomoh: 5:34am On Oct 10, 2015
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 10, 2015
Dog eat dog,na their business
Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 10, 2015
Tinubu is a goner, he ll turn around to blame igbos for his woes. Anumanu

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Tinubu, Others Under Security Watch - [The Sun ] by ayindejimmy(m): 6:51am On Oct 10, 2015
This is all lies. Little wonder Buhari doesn't mingle with Nigerian media.
Aregbesola did not even push for any ministerial nominee

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pixs From Pdp Rally In Eket - These Can Only Be Found In Nigeria / President Buhari Entering The Holy Ka'abah (pics) / I Criticised Senator Ben Murray Bruce And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.