Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google (4977 Views)

How To Check The Last Time Google Bots crawled/indexed Your Site / Find What You Are Looking For Faster On Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Betboss(m): 8:35am On Oct 10, 2015
One the most frequently asked question by webmasters is how can I get my website indexed on some the biggest search engines. That's one aspect of the question asked , another aspect is how can I get my website indexed quickly on Google and other search engines. The answers to this questions are very simple and straight forward. As you know most website targeted traffic comes from search engines, which is why you should get your website indexed quickly in other to reach more targeted audience.

Once your website is setup, the next thing you should do is to get it indexed on Google and other search engines. This way your target audience will be able to find your website when they search for terms related to your website/brand on search engines. In other words, if your website is not indexed it will be difficult for people to find your website.

Normally, Google and other search engines when they crawl the web , their bots pickup links and add to their index directory. This actually can take a longer time for website to get indexed.
In this article we will discuss five simple steps to get your website indexed on Google and other search engines faster.Firstly let's look at the meaning of "crawling and indexing".

Crawling is simply the process whereby search engine bots/spiders crawl the internet for links to add to their directories.Indexing is the addition of crawled web links to search engine web directory.

Step#1 - Submit Website To Google, Yahoo and Bing.

The first step to getting your website indexed is letting search engines know that about your website. You can do this by submitting your website to Google and other major search engines. "

Step#2 - Create A Sitemap

After submitting your website to Google and other search engines, you should create a sitemap of your website. Then submit it to Google through the Google webmaster tool. This will make your website to be indexed more effectively and faster. If you are using WordPress, you can use Google XML or Yoast plugin, this plugins are very good as the create great sitemap of your blog and also update search engines of latest updates on your website.

Step#3 - Submit Website To Web Directories

Most web directories like Digg, Reddit, Dmoz, Stumbleupon and the likes are readily crawled by Google and other search engines. You should submit your website URL to this directories , so that Google and other search engines can easily crawl your link and index it. Moreover some of this website allow dofollow links which will increase your website backlinks and by extension make your website easily indexed.

Step#4 - Create Profile On Social Media Websites

Just as Google readily crawl top web directories ,it also crawl top social media websites. Create a profile for your website/brand on Facebook, Twitter ,Google plus etc. This platforms allows you to add your website links in profile about section. This helps your website get easily indexed in two ways , one through backlinks as this about section allow for dofollow links and secondly your links gets crawled when this platforms are crawled.Moreover when your post are being shared it also makes it easy for search engines to index your website.

Step#5 - Ensure Your Website Has Enough Contents And No Broken Links

Before submitting your website link to search engines, ensure that your website has enough contents. In my view 20-30 webpages is great. Also ensure that you do not have broken links on your website as this could really disrupt search engine effort to crawl your website.

In conclusion , the above tips if followed appropriately will make your website easily indexed on Google and other major search engines. You can confirm if your website has been indexed on Google by following the below steps:

i: Log in to Google.com
ii: Enter the URL of your website this way - site:herokeys.com into the search box.
iii: If your website has been indexed, you will see a list of all your website webpages display in the result page.

Source: http://herokeys.com/article/5-steps-to-get-your-website-indexed-faster-on-google/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by David160(m): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2017
Betboss:

One the most frequently asked question by webmasters is how can I get my website indexed on some the biggest search engines. That's one aspect of the question asked , another aspect is how can I get my website indexed quickly on Google and other search engines. The answers to this questions are very simple and straight forward. As you know most website targeted traffic comes from search engines, which is why you should get your website indexed quickly in other to reach more targeted audience.

Once your website is setup, the next thing you should do is to get it indexed on Google and other search engines. This way your target audience will be able to find your website when they search for terms related to your website/brand on search engines. In other words, if your website is not indexed it will be difficult for people to find your website.

Normally, Google and other search engines when they crawl the web , their bots pickup links and add to their index directory. This actually can take a longer time for website to get indexed.
In this article we will discuss five simple steps to get your website indexed on Google and other search engines faster.Firstly let's look at the meaning of "crawling and indexing".

Crawling is simply the process whereby search engine bots/spiders crawl the internet for links to add to their directories.Indexing is the addition of crawled web links to search engine web directory.

The first step to getting your website indexed is letting search engines know that about your website. You can do this by submitting your website to Google and other major search engines. "

After submitting your website to Google and other search engines, you should create a sitemap of your website. Then submit it to Google through the Google webmaster tool. This will make your website to be indexed more effectively and faster. If you are using WordPress, you can use Google XML or Yoast plugin, this plugins are very good as the create great sitemap of your blog and also update search engines of latest updates on your website.

Most web directories like Digg, Reddit, Dmoz, Stumbleupon and the likes are readily crawled by Google and other search engines. You should submit your website URL to this directories , so that Google and other search engines can easily crawl your link and index it. Moreover some of this website allow dofollow links which will increase your website backlinks and by extension make your website easily indexed.

Just as Google readily crawl top web directories ,it also crawl top social media websites. Create a profile for your website/brand on Facebook, Twitter ,Google plus etc. This platforms allows you to add your website links in profile about section. This helps your website get easily indexed in two ways , one through backlinks as this about section allow for dofollow links and secondly your links gets crawled when this platforms are crawled.Moreover when your post are being shared it also makes it easy for search engines to index your website.

Before submitting your website link to search engines, ensure that your website has enough contents. In my view 20-30 webpages is great. Also ensure that you do not have broken links on your website as this could really disrupt search engine effort to crawl your website.

In conclusion , the above tips if followed appropriately will make your website easily indexed on Google and other major search engines. You can confirm if your website has been indexed on Google by following the below steps:

ii: Enter the URL of your website this way - site:herokeys.com into the search box.
iii: If your website has been indexed, you will see a list of all your website webpages display in the result page.

Source: http://herokeys.com/article/5-steps-to-get-your-website-indexed-faster-on-google/
how many times should we submit a site, is it every time we make a post or just once?
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by CelestineC(m): 5:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
No, once you have done it, google automatically crawls your blog/site for fresh contents and url's

but you can manually submit your post to be extra sure...

btw I covered how you can add your blog to google webmasters tools here

David160:
how many times should we submit a site, is it every time we make a post or just once?
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by pepemendy(m): 7:07am On Jul 25, 2017
land 4 sale
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by chimah3(m): 7:08am On Jul 25, 2017
Google the rulers of the world
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by mumeen4allah(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Someone should please summarize it jor. No time to read it all
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by opalu: 7:14am On Jul 25, 2017
Okay
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Shollay20(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2017
front page
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by pittoilet(f): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2017
i bet you these are not quicker than what i use or recommend, google crawls each of my post within minutes

check out my blog
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Ramon92: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2017
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2017
What about getting my new posts indexed faster? The site is www.mortalpoet.com
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Scenty(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2017
I must say you really tried with these tips though there are lots of things you've failed to mention, Well you can check me out here for tips about blogging.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by spafu(m): 9:48am On Jul 25, 2017
Op I think you need to state in clear terms whether these indexing are free or not.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by dogstyle007(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by markloaded(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2017
pittoilet:
i bet you these are not quicker than what i use or recommend, google crawls each of my post within minutes

check out my blog

which is why your yesterday posts aren't on Google yet
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Abbotp: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2017
nice piece
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Innov8ve1: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2017
These tips are really helpful. the main focus is to create backlinks on popular websites.
i blog at http://www.naijadailyfeed.com for latest news and all that goodies
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by pittoilet(f): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2017
markloaded:

which is why your yesterday posts aren't on Google yet

which of them? please tell me.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by leksmedia: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2017
Most importantly make sure your website is well designed and with good content and proper architecture. For your website design and blog design visit www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by spafu(m): 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2017
CelestineC:
No, once you have done it, google automatically crawls your blog/site for fresh contents and url's

but you can manually submit your post to be extra sure...

btw I covered how you can add your blog to google webmasters tools here

Please teach me how you masked your URL with the word HERE. Thanks.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by ucheme: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by CelestineC(m): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
spafu:

Please teach me how you masked your URL with the word HERE. Thanks.

Hello spafu

On the NL post editor page

Click on the hyperlink button

Type or copy this code ["url=http://blogginglodge.com]here[/url"]

Without the quotes and replace my domain with yours

Regards
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by spafu(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2017
CelestineC:

Hello spafu
Then type ["url=http://blogginglodge.com]here[/url"]
Without the quotes
Thanks.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by CelestineC(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2017
spafu:

Thanks.

You welcome
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by OurworkComNg1: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
Betboss:

Op i rechecked with the site:ourwork.com.ng and it brought out all the pages in my website. i dont think i submitted anything to google because of bounce rate. but i what i did was the meta tags.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by OurworkComNg1: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
CelestineC:

Hello spafu

Type or copy this code ["url=http://blogginglodge.com]here[/url"]

Without the quotes and replace my domain with yours

Regards

hello sir, how can i include my website links on NL without bots banning me. thanks...
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by CelestineC(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
OurworkComNg1:

hello sir, how can i include my website links on NL without bots banning me. thanks...

Use anchor text like this

["url=https://blogginglodge.com]here[/url"]

Without the quotes

Or

Naked hyperlinks like this

https://blogginglodge.com

Regards
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by spafu(m): 5:28pm On Jul 26, 2017
OurworkComNg1:

Yes, once it is masked using the guideline I have just been given here.
Re: 5 Steps To Get Your Website Indexed Faster On Google by markloaded(m): 1:45am On Jul 27, 2017
pittoilet:

which of them? please tell me.
all

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Create A Simple PHP Website With PBNL Anybody Can Do It! (naijazoom.com) / ..... / How Can I Get A Script For Building A Forum On My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.