Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop (986 Views)

My Laptop Is Saying(charger Plugged In Not Charging) / My Laptop Is Not Detecting Phones, Help. / Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Please someone should help me out with this issue on my HP 250 Laptop.
Recently, I was working with my laptop when an automated message popped-up, before I could read what it says, I mistakenly clicked "ok". Then when I finished with the work, then laptop entered administrative lock as usual, but when I wanted to unlock it again with my password, i was constantly receiving "WRONG PASSWORD".
NOTE: This was the password i've been using all the while.

Then on a close look on the password, I discovered that the number that is contained in my password has been replaced with a symbol. That is, my password is B**4***l, the number "4" was replaced with this "$" instead. This has been the problem why the system refused to unlock. All the numbers in the system, when clicked will display symbol instead of the number. I suspect it was the "ok" i clicked when a message popped up caused the disarrangement of my keyboard.

So please prof, how do I correct this problem? I mean, how do I bypass entering the password to gain access to my system or possibly restore the system without losing my files so i can gain access into my system?

Please someone should help me out!
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by seedsower(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
press "Num Lk" (Number Lock) then try typing those letter again and see if that solves the problem.
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 11, 2015
seedsower:
press "Num Lk" (Number Lock) then try typing those letter again and see if that solves the problem.
Hello sir, thanks for your response but it didn't work..

HELP PEOPLE!!!!!
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by felix55(m): 12:37am On Oct 11, 2015
if u are online when it happen then u click on spy program n it change ur password ...enter safe mode n copy out ur file or remove d hard disk n connect it to another system then transfer ur file out...
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 11, 2015
felix55:
if u are online when it happen then u click on spy program n it change ur password ...enter safe mode n copy out ur file or remove d hard disk n connect it to another system then transfer ur file out...
Hello sir, thanks for your response. I was not online when it happened. I just finished working with the laptop and left it to enter standby mode. It later locked as usual but when I wanted to open it again, the number buttons below the "f" line was just displaying symbols, instead of number.
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by seedsower(m): 5:43am On Oct 11, 2015
BeskyPowa:
Hello sir, thanks for your response but it didn't work..

HELP PEOPLE!!!!!

Are you sure you did it well?
If your num Lk is wetting in blue color you will have to press down the 'fn' key before d 'num Lk'

Also get a Usb external keyboard in case if it's the keyboard that has gone bad.

PLEASE DON'T ASSUME.
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by felix55(m): 6:21am On Oct 11, 2015
BeskyPowa:
Hello sir, thanks for your response. I was not online when it happened. I just finished working with the laptop and left it to enter standby mode. It later locked as usual but when I wanted to open it again, the number buttons below the "f" line was just displaying symbols, instead of number.
d keypad has got some memory attack...change d keypad OK ....
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by shawlxAk(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
When entering the numeric part of your password, press and hold the shift key + the number.
Also, have you tried using the on-screen keyboard?

BeskyPowa:
Please someone should help me out with this issue on my HP 250 Laptop.
Recently, I was working with my laptop when an automated message popped-up, before I could read what it says, I mistakenly clicked "ok". Then when I finished with the work, then laptop entered administrative lock as usual, but when I wanted to unlock it again with my password, i was constantly receiving "WRONG PASSWORD".
NOTE: This was the password i've been using all the while.

Then on a close look on the password, I discovered that the number that is contained in my password has been replaced with a symbol. That is, my password is B**4***l, the number "4" was replaced with this "$" instead. This has been the problem why the system refused to unlock. All the numbers in the system, when clicked will display symbol instead of the number. I suspect it was the "ok" i clicked when a message popped up caused the disarrangement of my keyboard.

So please prof, how do I correct this problem? I mean, how do I bypass entering the password to gain access to my system or possibly restore the system without losing my files so i can gain access into my system?

Please someone should help me out!
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by nigerianservice: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 12, 2015
shawlxAk:
When entering the numeric part of your password, press and hold the shift key + the number.
Also, have you tried using the on-screen keyboard?

I have tried all these options but known is working
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by julybaba(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2015
Sorry for your plight, I don't want to bore you anymore, with questions. If I were you, I will remove the hard disk, and find a technician,that can help to retrieve the vital information from it,(via master-slave configuration) after that, I will connect it back , and format it.
Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by rev2214(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2015
Hello, Access City Gate is given opportunity to individual who would like to swap their Old and dilapidated Laptop for New or Better Ones. Visit : www.laptopswap..com WhatsApp +2347081696734 Now!

Re: PLEASE HEEEELP!! I Need Serious Help With My Laptop by MOM1(m): 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
try this
1. go to control panel and open "clock,language and region"
2. there'll be a pop-up then choose "keyboard ad languages" tab
3. then choose a default language as
English (USA) instead of some other formats...
if it has more than 1 format, remove other formats
Done..

(1) (Reply)

Shareit: An Android App That Have Lot Of Uses, It Can Even Share Files To Iphone / Dell Latitude E6410 For Sale / Hot Deal And Super Neat Gateway FX Edition Gaming Laptop 1 Gig Nvidia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.