Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah (3459 Views)

Raji Fashola Visits Governor Fayose (Photos) / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2015
Good Morning everyone, I woke up this morning with the thought that Fashola was nominated as Minister, while some were against him, some other people supported him but what got me disappointed was that those who demanded for the sack of stella Oduah due to the then bullet proof car scandal were those supporting Fashola to become minister now. My question is, what's the difference between Fashola's website/borehole/car park scandal and stella Oduah's bullet proof car scandal? If you're of the thought that Fashola did a lot in lagos while he was governor would u now say stella did nothing when she was a minister?
My conclusion, let the hammer of anti-corruption hit anyone irrespective of political party that steal from our common wealth even if it's a penny.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/08/trending-fasholas-n78-3-million-website-scandal/

http://www.punchng.com/news/n255m-car-scandal-presidential-panel-indicts-oduah/
Cc: lalasticlala

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by ab1x: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Well said
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by themilanway(m): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2015
There was evidence in form of reciepts and invoice showing Stella actually paid for those cars.

Do you have evidence that fashola embezlled those monies?

5 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:
There was evidence in form of reciepts and invoice showing Stella actually paid for those cars.

what evidence do u want again when d project has been executed at such bogus amount. Has Fashola come out to deny paying those fees for the project else he was busy playing with words to defend himself.

20 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by themilanway(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
what evidence do u want again when d project has been executed at such bogus amount. Has Fashola come out to deny paying those fees for the project else he was busy playing with words to defend himself.

Where in lagos was the bore hole drilled?

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:

Where in lagos was the bore hole drilled?
go ask Ambode. Or u're not ind country when all dis revelation came up.

18 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Ezerbullet(m): 11:01am On Oct 10, 2015
Everyone can never be satisfied
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by yhemsy62(m): 11:11am On Oct 10, 2015
@ur opinion though
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by ndcide(m): 11:22am On Oct 10, 2015
@op some persons will interrogate you in defence of the corruption perpetrated by their beloved fashola.

14 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by obailala(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
Good Morning everyone, I woke up this morning with the thought that Fashola was nominated as Minister, while some were against him, some other people supported him but what got me disappointed was that those who demanded for the sack of stella Oduah due to the then bullet proof car scandal were those supporting Fashola to become minister now. My question is, what's the difference between Fashola's website/borehole/car park scandal and stella Oduah's bullet proof car scandal? If you're of the thought that Fashola did a lot in lagos while he was governor would u now say stella did nothing when she was a minister?
My conclusion, let the hammer of anti-corruption hit anyone irrespective of political party that steal from our common wealth even if it's a penny.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/08/trending-fasholas-n78-3-million-website-scandal/

Both cases of inflated contracts are condemnable, however may I remind you that Fashola did his without breaking the law; Fashola got an approval from the state assembly so what he did might have been morally wrong but it wasnt illegal.

On the other hand, Oduah did not get the budget approval from the NASS for those cars but she still went ahead and bought them at a price which was eventually even above the price she presented to the NASS in the first instance which was even rejected. In summary, Oduah made illegal extra-budgetary expenses.

Hopefully, you now see the difference between both cases?... If Nigeria was a sane country, she should be in prison today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:
Both cases of inflated contracts are condemnable, however may I remind you that Fashola did his without breaking the law; Fashola got an approval from the state assembly so what he did might have been morally wrong but it wasnt illegal.

On the other hand, Oduah did not get the budget approval from the NASS for those cars but she still went ahead and bought them at a price which was eventually even above the price she presented to the NASS in the first instance which was even rejected. In summary, Oduah made illegal extra-budgetary expenses.

Hopefully, you now see the difference between both cases?... If Nigeria was a sane country, she should be in prison today.

I totally agree with you bro. Fashola was just a smart thief by using d thieves in lagos HA to support his theft while stella wasn't smart enough. If he eventually get the ministerial slot, we should expect him to outsmart us by getting illegal approval for inflated contracts. Let's just call a thief a thief either he got approval or not afterall we've all agreed that stealing is now corruption.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:

Sharap, the agreement for the payment was made with first bank on 6 years spread.

The only connection Stella Oduah had with the contract was her authorization for which she clearly instructed her subordinates to "do the needful" bureaucratically and extant laws of the land.

You are a hypocrite and evil man

The problem with both contracts are inflation of price and no difference.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Sharap, the agreement for the payment was made with first bank on 6 years spread.

You are a hypocrite and evil man

The problem with both contracts are inflation of price and no difference.
tell him ooo. The problem with many of us is that we complain about unemployment but we still ignorantly support those embezzling our money. We've lost our freedom to partisan politics /hypocrisy and we're now slave to smart thief politicians.

9 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by likila: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
fashola is worster than stella oduah.
at least she buy car.
we can see the car and ride it.
after we chase her away, someone is cruising the car with a/c.
but fashola website?
it is not even as popular as nairaland.
who know am?
that is the worstest kworruption.

10 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by mars123(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Stella Oduah thieving big pass fashola own.
but thief na thief.
I will give him a chance to prove himself as a minister.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by patrick89(m): 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2015
themilanway:

Odua did not pay anything! She only told them the MD to do the needful! You'll are hypocrites. She didn't buy the cars for herself, she didn't budget them.

5 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by patrick89(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:

The only thing Odua did was she asked them to do the needful! She was not involved in the agreement or purchasing of said vehicles! So you'll should go and bury your face in shame!! Odua didn't do anything wrong!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OKKO(m): 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2015
OP: your thoughts are bright. This is a kind of article Nigerians expect on front page of Nairaland as Senate calls for input of the masses before the screening proper.

Mod plz do the needful to this thread!

Don't be surprise one of the daily newspapers picks up this idea, develop it and make a good editorial with it. I guess the paper will sell well.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2015
mars123:
Stella Oduah thieving big pass fashola own.

but thief na thief.

I will give him a chance to prove himself as a minister.
d way u always give a petty thief in ur neighbourhood a chance abi? Av u forgotten how we engage in jungle justice when someone steal from us now u wanna give fashola a smart thief a chance. See u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2015
OKKO:
OP: your thoughts are bright. This is a kind of article Nigerians expect on front page of Nairaland as Senate calls for input of the masses before the screening proper.

Mod plz do the needful to this thread!

Don't be surprise one of the daily newspapers picks up this idea, develop it and make a good editorial with it. I guess the paper will sell well.
thanks bro. I'm only baffled how we say some people should be set free on same offence where we've asked someone to be crucified.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OperationIgrigi: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
I totally agree with you bro. Fashola was just a smart thief by using d thieves in lagos HA to support his theft while stella wasn't smart enough. If he eventually get the ministerial slot, we should expect him to outsmart us by getting illegal approval for inflated contracts. Let's just call a thief a thief either he got approval or not afterall we've all agreed that stealing is now corruption.

**grins** In the zoo, if the thief is your brother(yoruba/hausa), you shield him and tell others(Igbos/SS) to bring their own 'thieves" for you to kill. Na una get sense pass. **LOLS**

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
OperationIgrigi:

**grins** In the zoo, if the thief is your brother(yoruba/hausa), you shield him and tell others(Igbos/SS) to bring their own 'thieves" for you to kill. Na una get sense pass. **LOLS**

wetin u dey talk, we dey talk say make every thief comot corridor of power u dey yarn yoruba/hausa/igbo. Tell me which teribe wey no get corrupt politician?
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:

Cc: lalasticlala
The difference here is that you are an obdurate fool_.
Infact your stupidity_ is so organic.

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by moyinoluwabun(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
The difference here is that you are an obdurate fool_.
Infact your stupidity_ is so organic.
so easy to identify those of you who are drunk with hypocrisy. Instead of abuse, u can easily defend ur paymaster.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
so easy to identify those of you who are drunk with hypocrisy. Instead of abuse, u can easily defend ur paymaster.
I would rather you keep quite than spew inconsequential trash. You are the one with a paymaster wailing wailer.
What do you intend to achieve than create hate for Fashola
Fucktard_
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 4:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
When are TANoids going to learn to marshal the right arguments?

A borehole contractor, Mr. Elijah Idowu, who runs Noble Fourstar Hydro Resources, explained to Saturday PUNCH the process it takes to reach a depth where drinkable water can be extracted in the Ikoyi-Victoria Island-Lekki zone.

He said, “Digging borehole is never a child’s play in that zone because you will be talking of about 500 or 700 metres before one can reach a drinkable water depth.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagosians-in-highbrow-areas-may-be-drinking-own-faeces-investigation/

“We know that only few landlords can finance standard boreholes. The common 100 feet deep boreholes being financed by property owners in Lagos metropolis is nothing but shallow wells. The depth of the boreholes being drilled at LSWC is a minimum of 250 metres. This is to ensure that un-diluted water is tapped from the earth for public consumption”, Holloway noted.
Source: Daily Trust

Screen shot attached taken from 'The Drilling Environment and Establishing a Drillers Association in Nigeria: Summary Report October 2007'. 2007 Prices quoted include of 'drilling, pump, generator, overhead tank supply and installation'.

I dare any one of you dimwits to advance your "my daddy said" logic, once more. angry

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2015
obailala:

While I am not going out on limb to shore up Fashola's defence, it is important we acknowledge the emboldened statement in your post has not been proven.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2015
The Obama Care website was developed with over 2 billion dollars, not naira.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by CSTR2: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The Obama Care website was developed with over 2 billion dollars, not naira.
Comparing the obamacare website catering for a serious health bill of an entire nation of 400million people, especially a country that is number one on the list of foreign hackers and terrorists to fashole's personal website says a lot about you.
You are a mad man and that is me being nice.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by OnReflection: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
I bet the FGN funded http://www.reubenabati.com.ng, a website that was always more up to date than anything else run by Jonathan's Presidency. Unethical - for sure - but not as uncommon as it seems.
Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by StOla: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
Fashola had an approved budget and project was executed. The details used to criticise Fashola were freely made available by his own administration.

Oduah did not have a budget, the vehicles documented as bought were never located by the house committee that investigated. Oduah through her aide, Joel Obi, denied the allegations firstly, then claimed it was bought for her protection secondly, then claimed it was bought to transport visiting foreign partners of the ministry thirdly.
The financial burden of procuring the vehicles was forcefully passed on to an independent agency NCAA who had to go borrow money for vehicles that were never needed by them, and was lastly claimed to be just part of the pool of cars used by the ministry.

Also the local dealership that handled the purchase (Coscharis), falsely claimed the vehicles were being procured for the Lagos state government for the National Sports Festival. This enabled them to get an undue waiver from the conniving minister of finance.

Do you need further expose from me, because this is just an appetiser?

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: Babatunde Raji Fashola Vs Stella Oduah by LadyExcellency: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I would rather you keep quite than spew inconsequential trash. You are the one with a paymaster wailing wailer.
What do you intend to achieve than create hate for Fashola
Fucktard_

Get lost little brat

The only difference is that one is Yoruba that needs media protection and the second is Igbo the presumed sacrificial and conquered tribe.

Evil Soul

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Not Biafrans, Remove South South From Your Plans / Prominent Prophet Mbaka Says Buhari May Be Killed / JUST IN: Buhari Sends Gov. Wike Shocking Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.