Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,729 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God (2340 Views)

"I'm A Muslim, My Christian Fiancee Wants Me To Become Christian Before We Wed" / Members Dedicate Children, Cars At Word Alive Church In Abuja (Photos) / As a christian,I feel cheated whenever I come across this (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2015
[b]Hugh Jackman, (You all remember wolverine in x-men) who is set to play St Paul in an upcoming film about the apostle's life, has spoken out about his own religious faith.
In a candid interview with Parade magazine ,Jackman said he was "brought up very religious".
"I'm a Christian. I used to go to different evangelists' [revival] tents all the time. When I was about 13, I had a weird premonition that I was going to be on stage, like the preachers I saw, "he said.

Jackman added that acting gives him a sense of peace. "There are things driving me that aren't all healthy—[needing] approval and respect to fill some hole who-knows-where in me,"he said.
"Am I worthy? All those fears. Through acting, I'm able to find a level of bliss and peace and calm and joy. And it feels natural."

He also called himself a "religious person" and said he dedicates each one of his performances to God.
"This is going to sound weird to you. In Chariots of Fire the runner Eric Liddell says, 'When I run, I feel His pleasure. 'And I feel that pleasure when I act and it's going well, particularly on stage, "Jackman said.
"I feel what everyone's searching for, the feeling that unites us all. Call it' God. 'Before I go on stage every night, I pause and dedicate the performance to God, in the sense of 'Allow me to surrender.'
"When you allow yourself to surrender to the story, to the character, to the night, to the audience, transcendence happens. And when that happens, there is nothing like it on the planet. It's the moment people experience when they fall in love, which is equally frightening and exciting. That's what it feels like."

Jackman has previously distanced himself from the evangelical church, telling Parade magazine in 2009 that he found it too "restrictive".

It is thought that his new film, Apostle Paul, will focus on Paul's conversion, his ministry and his imprisonment. Jackman will also produce the film, along with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. The screen play is currently being written by Matt Cook. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by plaetton: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
So god gets an endorsement from an actor.
Wow!

I have come to realize over the years that great things of value do not need clever marketing, advertising or celebrity endorsements.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by trapQ: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
Always put God first.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2015
plaetton:
So god gets an endorsement from an actor.
Wow!

I have come to realize over the years that great things of value do not need clever marketing, advertising or celebrity endorsements.
Well congratulations to you hater, Some actors have been and many will still be instruments for the expansion of God's kingdom.

If i won the lottery, i would invite my families and friends to celebrate with me. Thats more like the mandate our Lord Jesus Christ gave when he said Go ye into the world and preach the gospel. Too bad there's nothing you or anything else can do about it but wail.

1 Like

Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by plaetton: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
winner01:
[b]Some actors have been and many will still be instruments for the expansion of God's kingdom.

If

And I agree with you completely on this one.

From time immemorial, clowns and actors have been Instruments for the expansion of the imaginary kingdoms of Santa Claus, The Tooth fairy, the lion king, and a host of other children's fairy tales.

Just when will YOU grow up ?

1 Like

Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2015
He dedicates every performance to god,even bed performance lol
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2015
plaetton:

And I agree with you completely on this one.

From time immemorial, clowns and actors have been Instruments for the expansion of the imaginary kingdoms of Santa Claus, The Tooth fairy, the lion king, and a host of other children's fairy tales.

Just when will YOU grow up ?
Pointless.Tell me something ive not already heard from a desperate god-hater. None of those have a kingdom, neither do they claim to be the creator of the universe. Fairy tales are for children, God created all things.

Ill grow up when you use your brains.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2015
aaronson:
He dedicates every performance to god,even bed performance lol
Ive done things im not proud of and i think at a point in time many people too have done such things, including this man. The dividing line is that you have chosen to sear your conscience, frown at moral constraints and fine tune the divine morality standard to adjust to your superficial freedom.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Ive done things im not proud of and i think at a point in time many people too have done such things, including this man. The dividing line is that you have chosen to sear your conscience, frown at moral constraints and fine tune the divine morality standard to adjust to your superficial freedom.
Verse 2
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2015
aaronson:
Verse 2
Harden not your heart. Paul was actually worse than you, he took his anti-christ campaign to the peak. He was involved in the killing of God's people. And see what God used him to acheive in our world. God can still use you aaron, harden not your heart.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Harden not your heart. Paul was actually worse than you, he took his anti-christ campaign to the peak. He was involved in the killing of God's people. And see what God used him to acheive in our world. God can still use you aaron, harden not your heart.
Never knew you good in telling tales by the moon even at day time,The story book from which you read from is somewhat outdated and obsolete and but tell me more of the fairytales,I need people like you to make me laugh with such fairytales as I recline on my chair,continue mc,Verse 3
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
aaronson:
Never knew you good in telling tales by the moon even at day time,The story book from which you read from is somewhat outdated and obsolete and but tell me more of the fairytales,I need people like you to make me laugh with such fairytales as I recline on my chair,continue mc,Verse 3
Just as Aaron worked for the liberation of God's people, i want to speak into your life, Your life shall be a testimony to draw people closer unto God. Amen.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
winner01:
Just as Aaron worked for the liberation of God's people, i want to speak into your life, Your life shall be a testimony to draw people closer unto God. Amen.
prayer is synonymous to being bipolar,Don't worry,its not only you who has that mental disease,other christians has it too but carry on,flip over to the next chapter of that thrash and start from verse 32.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 12:22am On Oct 18, 2015
aaronson:
prayer is synonymous to being bipolar,Don't worry,its not only you who has that mental disease,other christians has it too but carry on,flip over to the next chapter of that thrash and start from verse 32.
Aaron, God loves you.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 3:06am On Oct 18, 2015
winner01:
Aaron, God loves you.
I'm not gay,tell your god to keep the love with you and use grease or lubrication when you loving god back.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by winner01(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2015
aaronson:
I'm not gay,tell your god to keep the love with you and use grease or lubrication when you loving god back.
And He dosent want you to perish
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Anas09: 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
And I love you too @ aaronson. And am not gay by-the-way. because am a chic.
The love Winner01 is talking abt is not romantic love, its Agape. The kind of Love you give for no apparent reason. You don't deserve my love, but I love u anyway.
Jesus loves you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
winner01:
And He dosent want you to perish
that's why I can't let him get down on me, I love Womanliness way too much to let a god kiss my azz.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Anas09:
And I love you too @ aaronson. And am not gay by-the-way. because am a chic.
The love Winner01 is talking abt is not romantic love, its Agape. The kind of Love you give for no apparent reason. You don't deserve my love, but I love u anyway.
Jesus loves you.
That's a perfect agape love from both sexes, You and jesus not jesus and me.
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
I m happy celebrities are coming out to confess God in thier lives.... I m actually happy d most dat Paul Walker was a christian before he died.......
Aaronson wen will u accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour as I did?? dont toe d line of fools like Aliester crowley; Anton Lavey, Leonardo da vinci and d likes... God bless you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
crixtex:
I m happy celebrities are coming out to confess God in thier lives.... I m actually happy d most dat Paul Walker was a christian before he died.......
Aaronson wen will u accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour as I did?? dont toe d line of fools like Aliester crowley; Anton Lavey, Leonardo da vinci and d likes... God bless you
like seriously, celebrities are the measurement of the existence of your god, Ha ha, even smart 10years old wouldn't say this you just wrote. Well, since celebrities leads the path, follow suit, because that's what primitive minds do, they follow the masses on what is in vogue.

But leonardo da vinci though, He's the reason we have anemometer,Helicopter,parachute,armoured car, giant crowbow,revolving bridge amongst other inventions by him, one of his invention you can't do without is clock, Yes, he also invented it. One way or the other Da vinci has enhanced humanity with his invention out his brilliant mind and you lack an ounce of his intelligence that's why god is your standard of living. Can you imagine your god saying he has unconditional love for his children and still went ahead and built hell fire for people like me who don't love him back.

Bros.,check am now, Leonado and your God, which one mumu pass?
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
aaronson:
like seriously, celebrities are the measurement of the existence of your god, Ha ha, even smart 10years old wouldn't say this you just wrote. Well, since celebrities leads the path, follow suit, because that's what primitive minds do, they follow the masses on what is in vogue.

But leonardo da vinci though, He's the reason we have anemometer,Helicopter,parachute,armoured car, giant crowbow,revolving bridge amongst other inventions by him, one of his invention you can't do without is clock, Yes, he also invented it. One way or the other Da vinci has enhanced humanity with his invention out his brilliant mind and you lack an ounce of his intelligence that's why god is your standard of living. Can you imagine your god saying he has unconditional love for his children and still went ahead and built hell fire for people like me who don't love him back.

Bros.,check am now, Leonado and your God, which one mumu pass?

Bro stop wallowing in folly... Accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour... only He can save you
Re: Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
crixtex:

Bro stop wallowing in folly... Accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour... only He can save you
hahahahahaha couldn't even answer the question, you just had your way round it like a 16 month old child yelling 'me too'.

This is what religion does to the brain, Its stops the critical thinking process in your brain and makes you adopt god as the answer to all you problems but sir',I tell you what, If great minds were like you, then you wouldn't have the phone you using to view this, you wouldn't have the internet as well.

(1) (Reply)

100% JESUS / Why Do Atheists Have The Highest Suicide Rates? / Slashing Of Redeemed Pastor Salary Because The Church Is Not Growing Is It Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.