Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact (1056 Views)

Video Of A Monkey Bottle Feeding A Baby Monkey Goes Viral - Check-it-out / I Saw This Snake Inside The Well As I Was Fetching Water..( Pics) / Sweden’s Icehotel To Remain Intact After Winter Via Rooftop Solar Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by mecusbosco(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dear friends, I had a bottle of STAR beer inside my fridge, I came home yesterday evening with happiness of haven had a great day at the office... only for me to find an empty bottle of the beer with the top still intact. Any body with an explanation to this mystery?

Is there any scientific explanation to this?

Mods please to front page...

Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
beware of ghosts! grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2015
Do you live alone?
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by mecusbosco(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2015
vfactor:
Do you live alone?

Yes I live alone. The Bottle TOP is still intact with the Foil cover ( Don't know the name jare!)
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
There might be an error during the manufacturing...but I believe they have QC before disposing their product...u might take it to their office and u can ask a further explanations or keep it as a souvenir grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by trapQ: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Omg!! The aliens have invaded your house. RUN!! RUN!! RUNNNN!!!!
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Luvdmx(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2015
Good home you are drunk
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by RemyMartins(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
mecusbosco:

Yes I live alone. The Bottle TOP is still intact with the Foil cover ( Don't know the name jare!)

In T-pains voice "yeeeey U ve been officially chopped and screwed"
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by mecusbosco(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
KashyBaby:
There might be an error during the manufacturing...but I believe they have QC before disposing their product...u might take it to their office and u can ask a further explanations or keep it as a souvenir grin

I am so sure it was not like that when I put it there. I would have notice the light (weight) bottle when I was about putting it inside the fridge!
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by yanabasee(m): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Broz..... That is Ebola Virus effect on Star beers! grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2015
Probably an error by the manufacturer and an error by you since you didn't notice....

But wait, bro, u dey drink star

When there is Orijingringrin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Young03(m): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2015
Let me come
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
mecusbosco:

It's a serious matter o. I don't know if scientifically beer in a closed system can evaporate under any condition. Or maybe there was nothing in it in the first place and you didn't notice. This is Naija!

1 Like

Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by kennyman2000(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2015
Hmmmm... This one pass me
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by sinkhole: 4:36pm On Oct 10, 2015
Young03:
Let me come
come? u dey on top?
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by sinkhole: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
Luvdmx:
Good home you are drunk
My guess too! our guy don boooz grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2015
The cap of the bottle and the bottle itself form a closed system, a system that can only exchange energy with is surroundings but not matter.
Your beer is matter but the heat from the fridge is energy, heat energy precisely.

Keep in mind that the beer couldn't have evaporated even if the cork wasn't there because the refrigerator is an environment with low heat (ie it's cold) and as a corollary from the second law of thermodynamics the solubility of liquids (your beer in particular) is inversely proportional to temperature.

That is as the the temperature of the surrounding increases the solubility will be low, and if the temperature of the surroundings reduce, as in this case, the solubility of the liquid increases.

Therefore since the temperature is low the molecules of your beer will bond together and freeze.
Furthermore to break these new bonds that have formed as a result of decrease in temperature energy is needed in the form of heat energy which is not available in the environment.

Since we have established that the beer couldn't have evaporated there are two options :
1) The system isn't closed at all.
Meaning that the bottle was broken in some way which would lead to the spilling of beer, but since you didn't notice any thing like that the other option is the most logical.

2) The bottle wasn't full in the first place, and in your somnolence you didn't notice.
This is the scientific conclusion I can draw.

Cheers - or not, seeing as you don't have your beer. tongue
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
The obvious fact is that the bottle is leaking. The bottle was not properly annealed. Open the cap, pour in some water, and watch it leak. wink
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by MightySparrow: 1:44am On Oct 13, 2015
Drink the bottle na grin grin grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by MightySparrow: 1:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Do you live near the place were. beer went on rampage in Lagos on Sunday and fridge exploded?
Your beer may be drunk after the exercise and missed its way home.

My suggestion: drink the bottle na grin grin grin
Re: I Cant Find My Beer Inside The Bottle Even When The TOP Is Still Intact by greatwaters: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2015
OP are you sure you dont have any problems with any old woman in your village?

(1) (Reply)

11 Benefits Of Using A Smart Watch / 120million Year Old Crocodile That Lived In South Korea Walked On Two Legs (Pix) / How Much Should We Pay This Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.