Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853343 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:37am On Nov 25, 2015
LI:
From the quote below, it means the BA reps can actually do it. Many of them just do not know how to or rather, choose not to.
I know sb that used wakanow, she paid abt same amount you mentioned if not up to 90ksef for her baby.
When she wanted to change her own travel date, BA couldn't do it and the kind price wakanow called do her eh. She jeje sit down complete her stay b4 going.
Modified: sorry hers was united not BA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2015
firsttymum:
are u serious? shocked Chai... My hubby brought o and dey didn't remove. All these over zealous people.

Don't tempt me... Before I start jogging to ur location becos of yam grin

Are you still craving yam even after birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 7:06am On Nov 25, 2015
ozycy:

Hi Ozycy I sent u a PM?? Pls can u kindly reply Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 25, 2015
LI:
From the quote below, it means the BA reps can actually do it. Many of them just do not know how to or rather, choose not to.

I called Wakanow and they said they don't even issue BA tickets anymore. I hope this doesn't result in a messy situation.

What do they mean by the bolded? Did you tell them you would like to add the baby to your ticket?

I will suggest you call them back (BA and Wakanow), tell them you will be returning to Nigeria with an infant and ask what the procedure is. Let them take the lead and tell you what to do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2015
MumTee:
My people, i don land for Houston o. POE was very brief, secondary inspection was enjoyable and short, no Food siezed at Agriculture. Waiting for host to pick me up to Richmond while enjoying d Airport Wifi.
@firstymum, my yam dey intact o, care for some boiled yam on scrambled Eggs? I used your lucozade bottle style for my palmoil but na MM Lagos dem comot am.

Will give full transcript later, battery don flat.

Congrat girl,wishing you safe delivery.
pls how did you pack your yam? Did you wrap in newspaper?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 10:44am On Nov 25, 2015
neks31:

Hi Ozycy I sent u a PM?? Pls can u kindly reply Tnx
U can Resend, I didn't see it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by merrymum: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello mummies in the house. Been following the threads (1,2,3) closely. God bless you all for the info so far. Will be travelling next month for my lonngggg missionary journey. Already had my visa so no story there.

Pls I have a question: has anyone gotten FTF from PH airport? I'm planning to use that instead of doctor's and want to confirm they issue it there.

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to posting my very successful POE story soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Fruitybranch201(f): 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hi Everyone.
Pls I am trying to locate any other triplet mum on this thread. Pls let's rub minds if you are here.
I will be traveling in December but delivering in February. All the missionary journey gurus in the house, pls do you advice that I carry my babies' stuffs (clothes, car seats, etc) from here or should I do my shopping when I get there. 3 babies no be beans o! I am beginning to feel overwhelmed. I still have so much to do.
Pls help a sister. Expecting your kind responses.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
ozycy:

U can Resend, I didn't see it.

Can u give me ur addy dunno why I can't pm ! Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
Fruitybranch201:
Hi Everyone.
Pls I am trying to locate any other triplet mum on this thread. Pls let's rub minds if you are here.
I will be traveling in December but delivering in February. All the missionary journey gurus in the house, pls do you advice that I carry my babies' stuffs (clothes, car seats, etc) from here or should I do my shopping when I get there. 3 babies no be beans o! I am beginning to feel overwhelmed. I still have so much to do.
Thanks.

Nogen! See your sister oh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by BBSweetheart: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I am planing to be at Elpaso by Mid January. looking at staying in In town suite. Any Mum planning same please holla, we can be of help to each other. grin smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
neks31:

Can u give me ur addy dunno why I can't pm ! Tnx
you can drop yours
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 4:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Fruitybranch201:
s do you advice that I carry my babies' stuffs (clothes, car seats, etc) from here or should I do my shopping when I get there. 3 babies no be beans o! I am beginning to feel overwhelmed. I still have so much to do.
Thanks.
Nogen had triplet , na she u go ask as she don cross that river already. You can buy car seats and other things from US since its likely to be cheaper der
am just iimagining you carrying 3 car seats choi.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 4:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
ozycy:

you can drop yours

Ok.... Nicxox@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
Please my fellow nairalanders, My wife has been a frequent traveller to Germany since 2009 Having up to 5 schengen visas in her old Passport & 1 USA visa issued Last year in her new passport,but have used the US visa two times for Vacation last year & this Year. But to my surprise And Unexpectedly she was rejected a Schengen visa today & stamped her passport. I dont know if it was because she didnt travel to Europe last year. So please my question is, will the rejected stamp affect her US Visa when she will be renewing her US visa via drop box next Year May, when her US visa will Expire? or is it better for her to go for interview incase if they asked question about the rejected Schengen Visa? or can she make a new passport and tell them that she lost her passport and the Visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 5:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hello house...Please is there anyone using Houston Northwest Medical Center or who have used the hospital.I need information about a decent and secure accommodation close to the hospital.The only option i have now is soulcare which is about 45mins to 1hours to the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
Austine2020:
Please my fellow nairalanders, My wife has been a frequent traveller to Germany since 2009 Having up to 5 schengen visas in her old Passport & 1 USA visa issued Last year in her new passport,but have used the US visa two times for Vacation last year & this Year. But to my surprise And Unexpectedly she was rejected a Schengen visa today & stamped her passport. I dont know if it was because she didnt travel to Europe last year. So please my question is, will the rejected stamp affect her US Visa when she will be renewing her US visa via drop box next Year May when her US visa will Expire? or is it better for her go for interview incase if they asked question about the rejected Schengen Visa arise? or can she make a new passport and tell them that she lost her passport and the Visa.
My opinion? Go for dropbox.if interview iss needed, they l call her. Shengen rejection cant/ shouldn't lead to us rejection. My peeps were rejected uk Visa. They applied for us a coupla weeks after and got

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Austine2020:

or is it better for her go for interview incase if they asked question about the rejected Schengen Visa arise? or can she make a new passport and tell them that she lost her passport and the Visa.

Dropbox. If they need her to explain anything they will call her to the embassy

They don't reject anybody from Dropbox without inviting the person for an interview to give the person a fair chance with a visa office

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

My opinion? Go for dropbox.if interview iss needed, they l call her. Shengen rejection cant/ shouldn't lead to us rejection. My peeps were rejected uk Visa. They applied for us a coupla weeks after and got
Thanks Very much LadyG.They gave her a very big surprise unexpected rejection today.She hasnt experienced such before.Rejection for no reason,this schengen people must be crazy sometimes. Atleast am still happy that it will not affect her US visa,because she has not used the US Visa for the very main reason we needed the Visa which u know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
favoredgal:

Dropbox. If they need her to explain anything they will call her to the embassy

They don't reject anybody from Dropbox without inviting the person for an interview to give the person a fair chance with a visa office
Thanks Favouredgal, I really appreciate. because this thing wants to put sand in my Tea.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Austine2020:
Please my fellow nairalanders, My wife has been a frequent traveller to Germany since 2009 Having up to 5 schengen visas in her old Passport & 1 USA visa issued Last year in her new passport,but have used the US visa two times for Vacation last year & this Year. But to my surprise And Unexpectedly she was rejected a Schengen visa today & stamped her passport. I dont know if it was because she didnt travel to Europe last year. So please my question is, will the rejected stamp affect her US Visa when she will be renewing her US visa via drop box next Year May, when her US visa will Expire? or is it better for her to go for interview incase if they asked question about the rejected Schengen Visa? or can she make a new passport and tell them that she lost her passport and the Visa.

Haba. Bolded is a bit extreme..even if you get a new passport doesn't take away the fact that the denial happened.

There is no implication. If her travel history is as you have said it she no get problem.

That is why I have not gone for Schengen, they ask for one million documents, after gathering everything, at best they give you 3 months, at worst, they deny you.

Quite annoying. The migrant crisis is not helping matters too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ibiba: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
hello my ATL mums, I'm so happy

quotation i received by God's Grace if everything goes well...
hospital bill - 3500
physician + pre and post natal, lab work, ultrasound,e.t.c -2500
and the most exciting pediatrician fees -200

can you beat that!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Austine2020: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonymousmum:

Haba. Bolded is a bit extreme..even if you get a new passport doesn't take away the fact that the denial happened.

There is no implication. If her travel history is as you have said it she no get problem.

That is why I have not gone for Schengen, they ask for one million documents, after gathering everything, at best they give you 3 months, at worst, they deny you.

Quite annoying. The migrant crisis is not helping matters too.
Thanks,for your Advice. i said the Bolded because i dont want anything that will affect her or stop her from having a US visa,which very very important to me than that Schengen. It is so annoying that u can have 5 visas and used all accordingly without even overstaying non of them and still get rejected this way and tell u that they dont have reason.Every document was proper,the acct was well funded travelling history was fine,she came back from US on 29 of Oct and submitted on 3rd of this month. so actually i dont know why.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Adebuble(f): 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
yemmyfinest:
Hello house...Please is there anyone using Houston Northwest Medical Center or who have used the hospital.I need information about a decent and secure accommodation close to the hospital.The only option i have now is soulcare which is about 45mins to 1hours to the hospital.

Am using the hospital, and I also live 40mins away from the hospital, I use Uber for transportation and I heard lyft is cheaper u can try that too.
Accommodation close to the hospital may be hard cos I think that side is crime prone area but there is an in town suite close to the hospital, u can put up there if you like .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Adebuble:

Thanks for the response oooo Crime what i beg i no fit, make i just stay in soulcare jejely i cannot shout.Where do stay? Is it soulcare if yes how is the place.

Am using the hospital, and I also live 40mins away from the hospital, I use Uber for transportation and I heard lyft is cheaper u can try that too.
Accommodation close to the hospital may be hard cos I think that side is crime prone area but there is an in town suite close to the hospital, u can put up there if you like .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Peebles23(f): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=MumTee post=40373913]My people, i don land for Houston o. POE was very brief, secondary inspection was enjoyable and short, no Food siezed at Agriculture. Waiting for host to pick me up to Richmond while enjoying d Airport Wifi.
@firstymum, my yam dey intact o, care for some boiled yam on scrambled Eggs? I used your lucozade bottle style for my palmoil but na MM Lagos dem comot am.

Will give full transcript later, battery don flat.

Please share what and what u packed ooo nd how u packaged them especially the yam please u will save a soul by doing this really I. Don think plus search tire on the thread on what and what I can carry and how to package buh I cnt Find it thanks in advance sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
nefertitiram:

Nogen! See your sister oh

Lol.
@ Fruitybranch201, welcome on board sis. Don't fret. Pls s What are your concerns?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Enyinne(f): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
I can feel u when u mentioned how overwhelmed u are with triplet. See me battling only one and a toddler by d side.its hard work if u don't hv assistance.
Hope ur going there with somebody to help u.buy your stuff from usa like that car seat and strollers are cheaper there. And ur baby clothes can also be gotten in usa as per uniform level for twinys.
Wishing u safe delivery.

Fruitybranch201:
Hi Everyone.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anizi(f): 7:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
[quote author=Peebles23 post=40401306][/quote]

For the yam, cut the head and tail part off, thats what i did, they let me carry my yam.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Austine2020:
Thanks,for your Advice.

No problem she should be fine.

I was denied common South African visa last year (the idiots were looking for bribe and I did not have a kobo for them).

Even though they did not stamp my passport, I declared it in the section of the ds 160, no issues whatsoever with my Dropbox renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
ozycy:

now it's longthroat not craving kikikikikikikikiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.