Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852830 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bigfido: 2:06pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kemo88:
Please one more thing my lovelies. I read through the thread some people said they contacted the embassy that they were going to go and give birth in the US and they got that genetic email. Some people on the thread said it's not necessary if you have used your visa before for visiting. Please I got my visa before I got pregnant through Dropbox. I've gone visiting on it and I'm going visiting again before I go for delivery... Do I need to send the embassy a change of intent email or inform them in anyway? Cos I know B1/B2 actually includes tourism medical and conference as long as you pay all your fees out of pocket. Do you think the email is entirely necessary?

Yes it is necessary.. Good thing you have used yours for visiting but even at that, it is not fault proof. We have read of someone deported too even thou she has good travel history to the US. Most important thing is preparation. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
bigfido:

Didn't you profess your lack of time to read just now? No be your post full this whole page so? Loool!
Like firsttymum said "who will read it on my behalf" lol. Plus I'm on 3days bed rest o lol. With all the fluids I've been given I feel a lot better. So now is a great time to read and read and read lol... You guys are adorably funny
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
how about pre-natal care? Is that coordinated by the ob/gyn or the midwives? Usually in the county hospitals, the midwives co-ordinate and the ob/gyn handles pre and post natal care as well as oversees labour and delivery. However you would get to see a different ob at each visit.
I know registered midwives are great. People have had good experiences with RMWs and Doulas.
For me sha, you gotta have a FACOG and maybe FACS oh! i kent even shout. After sojourning to God's own country, I must have the best I can get.
Kemo88:

Well, they said I wouldn't need doctors referral as that's inclusive in their package. They said their midwives will take the delivery but if there's any ish the doctor would be only a call away if needed. Then I have to pay 500dollars for pediatricians fees. Price not including tests or scan. I intend to go with test and scan (I read that on this thread).... Meanwhile flight is like 1829dollars (klm), I would find out more when I make the first trip. It sounds too good to be true lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
vcole:
how about pre-natal care? Is that coordinated by the ob/gyn or the midwives? Usually in the county hospitals, the midwives co-ordinate and the ob/gyn handles pre and post natal care as well as oversees labour and delivery. However you would get to see a different ob at each visit.
I know registered midwives are great. People have had good experiences with RMWs and Doulas.
For me sha, you gotta have a FACOG and maybe FACS oh! i kent even shout. After sojourning to God's own country, I must have the best I can get.
They asked me if I'm registering for prenatal and delivery or just delivery. They said they would get back to me on prenatal fees. See hun, delivery being just 2500 gives me the levity of having more and more other options added to my care (like epidural etc) . But a place where delivery alone is 10k without other things one wouldn't want to squeeze in too much. Lol sorry I sound cheap lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
bigfido:

Yes it is necessary.. Good thing you have used yours for visiting but even at that, it is not fault proof. We have read of someone deported too even thou she has good travel history to the US. Most important thing is preparation. Good luck
I'm scared to, people are saying if they cancel my visa I would have regrets that I should have just tried without sending the email. My husbands Cousin said if I have travelled and booked and payed all my fees then I may not need to send the email to the embassy. She said the only reason they let her in was cos she had payed all her bills. She sent no email lol. Lol lol I know I sound silly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Forget about sounding cheap. More like the most cost-effective option. I think when you are on ground, you can scout for ob/gyns, pick one, register, schedule an appointment, get that in writing and keep alongside the hospital documentation for missionary POE purposes. Definitely add an Epi to your package unless you are a hebrew woman cheesy cheesy cheesy
Kemo88:

They asked me if I'm registering for prenatal and delivery or just delivery. They said they would get back to me on prenatal fees. See hun, delivery being just 2500 gives me the levity of having more and more other options added to my care (like epidural etc) . But a place where delivery alone is 10k without other things one wouldn't want to squeeze in too much. Lol sorry I sound cheap lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
if you would be travelling first then you are not at the letter to embassy stage.
When you are embarking on the trip for delivery, you can send a letter to that effect.
Kemo88:

I'm scared to, people are saying if they cancel my visa I would have regrets that I should have just tried without sending the email. My husbands Cousin said if I have travelled and booked and payed all my fees then I may not need to send the email to the embassy. She said the only reason they let her in was cos she had payed all her bills. She sent no email lol. Lol lol I know I sound silly

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
[quote author=vcole post=41781555]if you would be travelling first then you are not at the letter to embassy stage.
When you are embarking on the trip for delivery, you can send a letter to that effect.
[/quote
I'm not asking for this trip. I am asking for when I'm making the final trip for delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
vcole:
Forget about sounding cheap. More like the most cost-effective option. I think when you are on ground, you can scout for ob/gyns, pick one, register, schedule an appointment, get that in writing and keep alongside the hospital documentation for missionary POE purposes. Definitely add an Epi to your package unless you are a hebrew woman cheesy cheesy cheesy
Will do. I need to start writing these things down lol. My memory since I got pregnant isn't reliable lol. Hmm see people saying no epidural cos of side effects. But I'm not Hebrew lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2016
Meanwhile anything on Minneapolis POE. I have only seen one good and one bad comment in this "part3" on Minneapolis POE. Cos passing through Minneapolis is 1453dollars on KLM but LAX is 1829. So I was thinking Minneapolis. Any thoughts?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sylolo(m): 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hello Forum members,
Please I can't send PMs to members. Don't know if its a glitch in the system or my computer. Though, it is been long I used this functionality.
Someone should please come to my aid on this. Thanks 1
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
olokings:
and same you is requesting members to vote on your requests for flights and POE choices abi..

whats good for the goose should be good for the gander as well...

Check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by tonjub(f): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Happy new year wonderful momma. I don't even know where to start from cos am yet to apply for visa. Pls I will appreciate if some one can put me through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
bigfido:

Alaska put the double ff in effing when it comes to cold.. Don't go and give yourself nymonia o.. Abi how dem dey take spell am? I am sure it will be xpensive there as well. Just gather that money and go to Houston jejely. Good luck

This same Huston they want people to decocongest?? People stay in Alaska let her go n come n contribute to d thread cos u never knw what she might find there!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2016
Houston is not cheap at all especially if u r planning CS n d doc groups u under high risk preg. My bills here alone is matching d Maryland Inova hospital I went to.. I for kuku stay there considering my local flight n d rent too.. So guys before u Come here just do ur plus n minus ,cos I'm so mad for coming here after paying what I paid yesterday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by neks31(f): 3:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
firsttymum:
Am I d only one who denies herself when a nairaland woman figures her out on d outside. grin grin

Kikikikikikikikiki

This is so me ehh!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by feddy27: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kemo88:
Meanwhile anything on Minneapolis POE. I have only seen one good and one bad comment in this "part3" on Minneapolis POE. Cos passing through Minneapolis is 1453dollars on KLM but LAX is 1829. So I was thinking Minneapolis. Any thoughts?

I used Minneapolis, no issues. Docs were checked and that was all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 3:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
Kemo88:
Please one more thing my lovelies. I read through the thread some people said they contacted the embassy that they were going to go and give birth in the US and they got that genetic email. Some people on the thread said it's not necessary if you have used your visa before for visiting. Please I got my visa before I got pregnant through Dropbox. I've gone visiting on it and I'm going visiting again before I go for delivery... Do I need to send the embassy a change of intent email or inform them in anyway? Cos I know B1/B2 actually includes tourism medical and conference as long as you pay all your fees out of pocket. Do you think the email is entirely necessary?
Sister. Ordinarily its ok not to borrer but weather conditions at poe now na unknown with a chance of deporting. grin
I am an advocate of too much is better than too little. Biko sending a 'notification of intent email' no go pass 5 minutes to type and send and can save u 10 hours at secondary inspection.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by yemmyfinest: 4:24pm On Jan 08, 2016
To God be the glory great things he has done..........singing mode.
Live and direct from Houston Texas finally our dream now a reality all praises to God and to Nairaland for the training here.

In the spirit of given back my experience with BA and poe.
Flew from mma Lagos without any issue my fit to fly was accepted the staff were all helpful
The flight was't bad the food was great.At Heathrow was wheeled to the lounge and was settled in.
After some few hours i was driven to the terminal to board to IAH. It was a 10 hours flight the longest journey ever taken.
Anyways thank God for journey mercies crew member's were great and helpful.

Now the moment of truth.......... was wheeled to the first officer
cpd:hello
me :Good-afternoon
cpd: What brings you here
me:birthing my baby and shopping
cpd:do you have any doctor that will be attending to
me: and handed my letter of appointment to him
cdp:To you know anybody in the US
Me :no
cpd:so where will you be staying and also in case of emergency who will be there for you
me: I will be staying at soo place and my husband will be coming in Feb.
Cpd: ok... so what is the sex of the baby
me: I don't know
Cpd: you want a surprise
me:yes
cpd: i like surprises to all the best.
Thinking that was the end.
I was wheeled to another room for the second interview a man handed over my pp to the lady in uniform and i over hear him say to her you have to be smart
In my mind i said i am God's own and i have noting to hide.
saw another Nigerian pregg looking tired....it not easy ooooo embarking on a long flight.
sat down quietly they were attending to people even the ones that came after me. At some point i became nervous then i started saying to myself that God has given me the spirit of sound mind no need to fear.
finally i was called after about 1 hour/half.
cpd: where are you here?
me:birth my child and shopping
cpd: why the US
me: better healthcare.
cpd:Is this you first?
me:no second
latter i realized that my data from lag where i did my interview with my family was rite in front of him on his system.
cpd: i see you were suppose to go to Orlando in May 2015 so what happened.
me: we could't go for the trip because of the nature of my husband's job.
Cpd:so when did become pregnant
me : june 2015
Am sure the guy was calculating when i became pregnant and the time the got our visa.thank God my husband wrote the change of plans
Cpd:how much do you on you
me:told him.
cpd: have made any payment to the hospital and doctor
ME: payment where requested to paid on arrival.
cpd:where will you staying
me:told him and showed him payments made as regards that.
cpd: can you handover the file in you hand.
Thank God the file was well arranged with each jacket well labeled and noting contradicting
cpd: went thru one by one and read all my corespondents with the women's clinic,hospital budget sheet etc
To be honest he was impressed with the level of my organisation of my papers and said why can't all Nigerian women just to honest instead of hiding.They should just speak the truth and they wont run into any problems.Took me to another room counted my money handed it back to me.Then stamped me in for 6 months.
at agriculture only my indomine was sized.
My husband called the soulcare drive to pick and the man was on time i didn't have to wait for long.
Took me to there restaurant for a lovely meal and even gave me take away.Nice couple i must say.
Soulcare............ i could't have made a better choice.still loving every bit of my stay.
Thank you all.

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

2,500? What of doctor's fees? Nne for that amount I shall go to alaba, purchase winter coats and all what not and head straight there! cheesy
Have u checked the flight cost to alaska sha? Compare and weigh your options well o. Sometimes family isn't the prime / only factor to consider.

kikikikikiki plx do they sell winter coats in alaba ni thought it was just ? fake ? electronics grin grin grin

kemo88 this Alaska is not looking straightforward based on what yo have posted.

It appears that it covers hospital only - no mention of doctor (midwives will take delivery not doctor, in the event that yo need a dr per emergency, what will that cost be? not indicated), prenatal nko? lab work, epidural, etc not included.

nne look this thing well...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
anonymousmum:

kikikikikiki plx do they sell winter coats in alaba ni thought it was just ? fake ? electronics grin grin grin

It appears that it covers hospital only - no mention of doctor (midwives will take delivery not doctor, in the event that yo need a dr per emergency, what will that cost be? not indicated), prenatal nko? lab work, epidural, etc not included.

My sister I shall find all these out on my first trip. God be with me thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by vcole: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2016
Yup. She needs to get all of those ducks in a row when she gets there cos they can slam a $40k bill from the sky if a simple IOL needs to be done.
anonymousmum:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 5:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
aye88:

Nefertitiram, nice to see your face. I'm d one who asked you a questions on instagram and you replied with" yes". You posted a picture of a friend of mine who was ur client. I saw like two of my other friends pics on ur wall. This life sha. Omi ni eyan

Mhen this babe is popular!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by veleta: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2016
Please,let me reiterate what other Mama's have said,we should try and use our visas for the purpose which we obtained the visa before the change of intent stuff.These CBP guys know we are abusing it and I honestly pray they dont review it.let us not be selfish here and spoil things for other people.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 5:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
neks31:
Houston is not cheap at all especially if u r planning CS n d doc groups u under high risk preg. My bills here alone is matching d Maryland Inova hospital I went to.. I for kuku stay there considering my local flight n d rent too.. So guys before u Come here just do ur plus n minus ,cos I'm so mad for coming here after paying what I paid yesterday
Haa! Lobatan!! I'm planning CS o since my first child was thru CS. I have my first cousin in Maryland, even visited her last Nov sef, please which hosp and doc did u use? What's ur bill? Would u advise I kuku Ma stay in Maryland jeje?
I await your response.

Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by HD16: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sabi mamas, Abeg help me torchlight this issue oh!

I renewed my visa via Dropbox last September when I was already pregnant. I have used the visa twice since then, once in October and again in November. The second time I used the visa, I was already showing and sent for secondary inspection at Atlanta where I declared the pregnancy but insisted my current visit wasn't for birth cos It wasn't. I was thereafter stamped in. I'm planning to travel for birth this March and I have emailed the consulate in Lagos as well as the embassy in Abuja of my intention to birth. Both have responded. The clarification I seek is on two points:

1. Is there any other thing I need to do to be on track or am I good to go?

2. Any advice for me?

Thank you everyone. Big hugs to you for your labour of love...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by biollar1: 6:07pm On Jan 08, 2016
Mamas and papas, I have 3 questions and I need ur takes on it.
I intend traveling last week in May, due by mid-June by his grace.

1. When is the best time to get my ticket ?
2. Best week to travel 34 weeks, 35weeks or 36 weeks?( cos of work, don't wanna use all my mat leave for obudo oyinbo)
3. Best time to write embassy? ( got my visa last year July, we all( myself, hubby and Son) travelled for vac in October and I discovered I was pregnant when we returned in Nov).

Abeg dis are personal but confused questions, dou myt have bin treated, make una pardon me.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
HD16:
Sabi mamas, Abeg help me torchlight this issue oh!

I renewed my visa via Dropbox last September when I was already pregnant. I have used the visa twice since then, once in October and again in November. The second time I used the visa, I was already showing and sent for secondary inspection at Atlanta where I declared the pregnancy but insisted my current visit wasn't for birth cos It wasn't. I was thereafter stamped in. I'm planning to travel for birth this March and I have emailed the consulate in Lagos as well as the embassy in Abuja of my intention to birth. Both have responded. The clarification I seek is on two points:

1. Is there any other thing I need to do to be on track or am I good to go?

2. Any advice for me?

Thank you everyone. Big hugs to you for your labour of love...
Over good is worrying you sef. Just carry proof of funds/cash itself and the email from the embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
vcole:
@bisoye, you can do a return ticket for NY and then local to Ohio and back.
If I do that I will pay for 2nd checked baggage for to and from Ohio.
Thanks my darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 7:51pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hello wonderful, lovely, beautiful and most amazing mamas and papas. Please, where do you think I should birth my next baby? In the moon or on Earth ? Pluzzzz

Lets try and read abeg. When you read, try jot down important info. I personally started reading and jotting down when I was still ttcing. It is not very nice reading same questions and responses over and over. Una doh!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
bbaby84:

Mhen this babe is popular!

Na lie! No be me. I'm not on instagram! Lol! I should be popular, am a media personality grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifunanya84: 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
Error

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.