Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (853445 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 3:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
BiBia:

Please, inquiry and yes I have read through the back pages/posts. I qualify for drop box application although my current visa expires March this year but I'm not due till August so either way I have to renew. Yes I have communicated and have letters from hosp in Atlanta and Houston + Drs correspondence also.

This will be my 2nd child. The 1st one too was born in the us-Atlanta and I paid all our bills and receipts with zero bal. although, I got my first visa for an expo and vacation with my husband and we both used it for that purpose and months later I went to give birth and at Poe I did mention that I was entering to born+ vacation hence y I had plenty cash on me. They partially counted my cash and told me to go .
I didn't send letter or notification of intent prior cos I wasn't aware + friends & family I knew that had their kids there never sent any letter.

So question now is for drop box application apart from evidence of funds (bank statement) hotel reservation,....do i also include hosp/Drs correspondence et al. If not what exactly as in docs should I include please.
As its already causing tension between DH and I (he doesn't think Drs/hosp correspondence are required) as non of his friends wives nor family do that. But from what I have gathered here it's essential abi although, most I have read on here is on face to face interviews and not drop box applications.

P.S he uses u.k visa app as example that it's only evidence of funds,reservations and employment letter that they allow you put in your package. Him be frequent traveller.

Please @mulberry and others that applied via drop box kindly help out. Oh well and every one her guru.

Apologies for the length
You don't need any documents for drop box only your passport, photo & application confirmation page qualifying you for dropbox.

However, if you are called for an interview, then it's best you go with your receipts from previous delivery , bank statements and hospital/doctors correspondence.

You will also need this at POE. I shared a story of a friend/ neighbour that was turned back at poe with hubby & kids despite being frequent travellers. It isn't here say, it happened for real.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 4:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@shrekandfiona for president! You were blunt and totally on point.
We always pray for favour but He who comes to equity must do so with clean hands.
Look at this scenario.
Why are you renewing and the answer is, in case I need it. That's exactly what the poster did the ist time. Walk on the gray line.
That lineshould be rarely used. Now letter of intent/notification holds no weight because we are misusing it.
Peace out!

Well said LadyG but do you mean this 'letter of intent' tins no dey work again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 4:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
I see you all
and i hear you all.

Been following this post since the first day. And then had to change email and changed name. ( Stalker matters on PM)

The time is right and now US calls. Let the planning begin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 4:11pm On Jan 28, 2016
With the way these VOs are not smiling again , hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abefeokin:

Well said LadyG but do you mean this 'letter of intent' tins no dey work again?

I worry too cos that would be bad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Bisoye82: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
All ye people seeing and hearing things undecided if it's not dollars please kindly return the juju and collect ya money back grin grin grin
LadyG and mrsbw nne why una finish the dollars for stanbic cry and I don rush go open account cry
Lemme go and drink cold water abeg embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by chicagobound: 4:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozycy:

BTW, I finally met with @ chicagobound yeah!!!!!
My e-sis turned sis from another mother. grin
cc modath.

Yay!!! Yes sis, it was super duper nice meeting u and yes truly an e-sis turned sister from another mister. I'll say it again and again; You ROCK!!! kiss kiss kiss

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bisoye82:
All ye people seeing and hearing things undecided if it's not dollars please kindly return the juju and collect ya money back grin grin grin
LadyG and mrsbw nne why una finish the dollars for stanbic cry and I don rush go open account cry
Lemme go and drink cold water abeg embarassed

I wish to say I yaff collect the dollars! I don enter fasting and prayers on top this matter cry

@FTM I can teach u efik o. Just for chicken change dollars cheesy

@shrekandfiona is not only 'rose model' na plus 'row model' CBN governor? Soo u can teleport all we money to swiss account? grin

@abiefokun and @sadialmas if u read back, you'l see some poe experiences wherein the posters were harassed despite the letter oof intent and cbp made derogatory comments about the trend oof writing after getting visas.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

@abiefokun and @sadialmas if u read back, you'l see some poe experiences wherein the posters were harassed despite the letter oof intent and cbp made derogatory comments about the trend oof writing after getting visas.

I saw them o. Abeg na to go early. Will go for Visa interview in March/April. Birth is in September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by OMary83: 5:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
nefertitiram:

We are 26,000... we r bound to overlap
38,000 oooo.i hear u all Sis

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by sadiaalmas: 5:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
OMary83:
38,000 oooo.i hear u all Sis

I see you clearly

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ozycy: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Apple19: 5:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
@Emeldamichael....you sure need that wheelchair sis. I flew Lufthansa to Dallas. When you get to Frankfurt, they don't really have much wheelchair service, so you're treated special to a place and the bus is brought to pick you. While every other persons WALK to their gates. You'll only be doing yourself and children the favour of freezing out in that cold weather. It was even raining when we landed that day.

So pls, call their office and book. We had to go there in person to book for it specifically, and the lady said if am asked why, I should tell them ITS NEEDED FOR LONG DISTANCE WALK. so pls, nobody is suspecting you O.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello house, my question doesn't relate to birthing but I could use some help. Flew Air France to JFK & on my arrival one of my bags didn't arrive. Been calling to follow up but not much has been achieved. Just got a mail from them requesting me to file a claim & put a cost to the contents of my bag but @ d bottom of the mail, it's written dat d airline doesn't pay for jewellery & that bag is full of jewellery. Any ideas on what to do esp to get value for my missing items? Anyone been in a similar situation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Moyinoluwa83: 6:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Iphie26:
Just to give back to the house, I have decided to settle for Northside hospital in Atlanta after hopping from Houston to Tennessee .

For CS is $21,000 with 75% discount if you are paying immediately which brings it down to $5475, then you have to pre register online and could also make payment before you arrive the States . I intend paying via form A so as to benefit from the official rate . Was asked to call back next week when my details must have reflected in their account to get the bank details for wire transfer.

Also contacted Dr Andrews and she gave me a quote of $1900 for CS , lab work is $750.

I'm leaving in April, anyone going around that time using Northside?

@Iphie26. You will get a cheaper bill from Northside if you ask for 2 days stay for CS. It should come to abt $3600 for mother's bill and i think 700 for baby.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello, I beg o, pls advise me o, I'm travelling in 2weeks and no where to get this dollar thing sorted except blackmarket. Pls na beg I dey beg o....any info will matter. And errm shalla to April moms[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
bbaby84:

@hotstepper and I referred you to this page so you see me clearly.

Hugs.
Thank you so much, may God answer your hidden prayers. Much love sis!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
nadina:
Hello everyone..First bank on Aba Road, Port Harcourt is selling PTA. Though I heard they have limited dollars available and as soon as it's exhausted they 'll stop selling. Their rate is 197.50 naira to one dollar. Thought I should share with the house.

[b][/b]

Just called the bank's contact centre I was told they don't.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
sadiaalmas:
I see you all
and i hear you all.

Been following this post since the first day. And then had to change email and changed name. ( Stalker matters on PM)

The time is right and now US calls. Let the planning begin.
kikikikikikikikiki
Let the planning begin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
Enizo:

[b][/b]

u called someone without the information

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
bbaby84:

@hotstepper and I referred you to this page so you see me clearly.

Hugs.
Bbaby84 pls mention me on Twitter or something
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks

Apple19:
@Emeldamichael....you sure need that wheelchair sis. I flew Lufthansa to Dallas. When you get to Frankfurt, they don't really have much wheelchair service, so you're treated special to a place and the bus is brought to pick you. While every other persons WALK to their gates. You'll only be doing yourself and children the favour of freezing out in that cold weather. It was even raining when we landed that day.

So pls, call their office and book. We had to go there in person to book for it specifically, and the lady said if am asked why, I should tell them ITS NEEDED FOR LONG DISTANCE WALK. so pls, nobody is suspecting you O.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
ajujuju:
Hello mommas n papas n future parents.

I hv known about this thread for a while but till yestrday i decided to just read and note. Im not a first time mum, infct im duebto hv my second child in may/june.

Heres my story:
2 years ago hubby n i applied for a visit visa and at d time i was abt 25weeks pregnant. I didnt state it in d form and did not volunteer at d interview. Interview went well and d VO dint even ask to see any documents. At POE i had no issues even tho i did not enter with hubby. I simply told d DHS officer that hubbycouldnt mak ot because of leave. I was let in. No questions asked. Had my child paic my bills and returned.
Even went on holiday again this time with d whole family before the visa expired.

Visa expired, hubby and I requested for dropbox and he was granted but i was asked to come for interview. At d interview:
V.O: when was ur last trip
Me: June 2015
V.O: ...and before that?
Me: 2013
V.O: how long?
Me: 3months, I had a baby.
(Officer types for what seems like eternity)
V.O: how come you did not inform us you were pregnant?
Me: because i was not asked at the interview
(Officer types for what seems like eternity)
V.O: but u knew and did not say
Excuses himself and goes to supervisor and returns and asks...and now y are you applying?
Me: to renew my visa incase i need to uae it again
V.O : ahh ha! Im sorry you do not qualify for visa bla bla bla..

I was disapointed n crushed especially because i knw my rights. Its not an offence to travel to give birth and theres a law against visa officers asking women about pregnancy or refusing to renew bcx they had a baby in d US.

Outraged, I walked away but felt crushed. A V.O desion cannot be challenged or appealled.
Finally talked myself into reapplying and prayed like hell.

Fast forward to my second interview and was glad to deal with a woman. Heres our conversation:
V.O: where are yu goin?
Me: houston
V.O: For
Me: Childbirth and vacation with my daughter
V.O: any docs correspondence?
Me: yes im using the same doc that birthed my first child
(I issue her correspondence and savings plan)
V.O: did you like the doc?
Me: yes he took care of me post partum
V.O: U paid with a credt card?
Me: No debit. All payments were made befre discharge from hospital.
V.O: Thank you, your visa will be granted, please pick up at ....and do pay all your bills as you did the last time.

The essense of my story is to encourage you all to try. A denial isnt equal to a ban unless u realĺy erred. Plus mayb if i was honeat n upfront the first time i wont have wasted 32k d second time. Be confident and say the truth. I knw hw it felt to be denied. And i knw how it feels when you let fear cripple you. Just try. Theres no harm.

Ps: my bill is abt 9k for cs (all inclusiv) im hoping to find a mom who can help with a cheaper bill in houston. I know hospitals and docs have been discussed and i knw u all want me to read...trust me iv bn reading for abt 2years bt the pages are far back and d price of dollar has changed. Someone help.

Nobody has a right to a visa no matter how many times you have been granted one in the past. It's a privilege granted at the sole discretion of the VO. If you simply told them you wanted to go for a second missionary journey I'm pretty sure you would not have needed a second interview.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mrsbw: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
firsttymum:

I asked earlier firsttymum...pls what bank did you use for your form A processing?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Amother4life: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
IjayMama:
Hello house, my question doesn't relate to birthing but I could use some help. Flew Air France to JFK & on my arrival one of my bags didn't arrive. Been calling to follow up but not much has been achieved. Just got a mail from them requesting me to file a claim & put a cost to the contents of my bag but @ d bottom of the mail, it's written dat d airline doesn't pay for jewellery & that bag is full of jewellery. Any ideas on what to do esp to get value for my missing items? Anyone been in a similar situation?

The airlines have a maximum they pay out in such cases. Just list whatever you can provide receipts for and they will send you a check after 3-4months. We got a check of $1349 for a claim of $2049 from United some months ago. Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Abefeokin(f): 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
twingirls:
I had a still birth on 7th Jan. Its such a very sad experiece.
I used Dr Amanjoh of Methodist sugarland, I have no regret whatsoever! The baby has already passed by the time I got to the hospital for delivery. She stopped being just my doctor and is now my sister. D staff of methodist sugarland and dr Amanjoh are smply great, even as I grief for my baby, I reckon with them, I will simply choose dem again

And Soulcare woman? God bless her for me, even thogh I'm alone in America with no friend and family, they filled d vacum well. She stayed with me all tru my CS, my 1st thought was to run out of the hospital and board d next plane back to Nigeria wt my pregnancy, but she

stayed and held my hand tru the c section, her whole family stayed truout d day helping wt my grief, hers is more than a concierge, it's a calling.

To my roommate, you know yourself, I say Thank you.

To God, I bless ur name, cos you have already given me the fortitude to bear the loss, even though I waited 3 years for this journey. I thank you for defending my own life, and for all.

To my husband, God be praised, I appreciate you more.

I'm so so sorry for your loss, I really am. May God be with you and yours. Pls take care. Just came across this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Xenadarl: 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Anyone birthing in Delaware, need info about affordable Drs and hospitals. Pls help a sista out
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
firsttymum:

Okay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by cutelass: 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2016
Enizo:

[b][/b]

Was der today, the last 4k was sold infront of me. They also don't give cash. They credit it to ur gold card or wateva. I didn't get!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:08am On Jan 29, 2016
omodadi:

Thank you so much, may God answer your hidden prayers. Much love sis!

Amen! I'm glad it all worked out for you.
@hotstepper na you get the prayer I just help you share.

Warm hugs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 12:11am On Jan 29, 2016
Mrsbw

I didn't use form A.
But anyway gtb is where u wanna check.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by IjayMama: 12:12am On Jan 29, 2016
K. Thanks very much. When putting monetary value to the items, did you use dollars or naira and you had to get receipts for the items from Naija?
Amother4life:

The airlines have a maximum they pay out in such cases. Just list whatever you can provide receipts for and they will send you a check after 3-4months. We got a check of $1349 for a claim of $2049 from United some months ago. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.