Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532869 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by veleta: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks @Yolemum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ancestorial(m): 2:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello house, please how long does it take for a decision made passport to be returned to TLS for collection?

i received a message notifying me that my passport will be at the TLS 3 to 5days after making their decision, since last week Thursday, but am yet to get a message from TLS.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugar002: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
abiodunsulayman:
Gurus in the house! I need your URGENT advice, after my application for family settlement, was refused last year on flimsy reason, I immediately appealed the decision since November 2015 up until now my appeal is still lying fallow (9) months after without a date fixed for the hearing after their usual 15 weeks of review which has lapsed 4 months ago, their usual response is with many emails, they have not got respondent's bundles, they have not overturned their original decision, therefore the appeal will progress through the appeal process .....please note that we are unable to provide timeframes for the appeal process (as a whole or each procedure within the process)due to a number of varying factors. Even,If they maintain that appeals are currently heard within 12 months on average, and 9 months hearing date has not been fixed by HM Courts & Tribunals Service at the Ministry of justice? what can we do?
any luck yet at abdulsalam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugar002: 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
abiodunsulayman:
Gurus in the house! I need your URGENT advice, after my application for family settlement, was refused last year on flimsy reason, I immediately appealed the decision since November 2015 up until now my appeal is still lying fallow (9) months after without a date fixed for the hearing after their usual 15 weeks of review which has lapsed 4 months ago, their usual response is with many emails, they have not got respondent's bundles, they have not overturned their original decision, therefore the appeal will progress through the appeal process .....please note that we are unable to provide timeframes for the appeal process (as a whole or each procedure within the process)due to a number of varying factors. Even,If they maintain that appeals are currently heard within 12 months on average, and 9 months hearing date has not been fixed by HM Courts & Tribunals Service at the Ministry of justice? what can we do?

I spoke wt hm courts yesterday and was told i av bn automatically listed 4 a date.m nt sure my appeal has bn reviewed yet and my review deadline was april 4..very much confused now.i was told d entire appeal process takes abt 12 to 18 months.pls giv updates on urs .best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugar002: 4:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
abiodunsulayman:
Hello abdulsalam
I equally ad my appeal submitted last yr nov and my review deadline was april 2016.butvi m yet to knw wen my court hearing wil hold.i called hm courts yesterday and was told i av bn automatically listed 4 a date.i av no idea if my appeal has bn reviewed yet or not.and was also told dat d entire appeal process takes abt 12 to 18 months.its a loooooooooong wait bro.kindly updates.bst of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2016
yolemum:
Please my wonderful peeps,

This is the breakdown of my husband budget, we reduce it from 12 to 9 days
pls am about to submit please make corrections, if am wrong

How much do you spend each month on living costs?

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)? 0

The total amount of money you have for this trip
The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets

The cost of your accommodation- I filled 0 becos the reservation is for 2 persons but am not applying, though the cost of the accommodation is 368……this is the part that is confusing me

The cost of your living expenses – 150

Who is paying for this trip- My Wife

How much will they be paying towards your trip? - 750

now my confusion is do I add the amount of the accommodation to make it 1168 pounds or leave it at 750 pounds by excluding the cost of the hotel

Cc,justwise Askari,frontpagelawyer,vicjustice,fakmurphy and any with similar experience..pls all the gurus make inputs

God bless you.
You presented a complicated story, the figures are difficult to understand.
By the way, you stated that this is a breakdown of your husband's budget (and that makes me to assume that you are the wife), yet, you said your "wife" is paying for the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Vicjustice: 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
yolemum:

How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?

The cost of your accommodation- I filled 0 becos the reservation is for 2 persons but am not applying, though the cost of the accommodation is 368……this is the part that is confusing me

now my confusion is do I add the amount of the accommodation to make it 1168 pounds or leave it at 750 pounds by excluding the cost of the hotel

Cc,justwise Askari,frontpagelawyer,vicjustice,fakmurphy and any with similar experience..pls all the gurus make inputs

God bless you.
I think i got it now.
Well, you were asked about the amount that you would be spending for the trip, and that include the accommodation cost and the estimated costs of other expenses. So, combine them and give a round figure for example "£1200 Approximately".
By the way, what do you mean by 65 in relation to your monthly living cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
yolemum:

God bless you.

Are you travelling together? If yes, then the cost of accommodation for your Husband should be = N/A

The print out of the Hotel reservation should be attached to his application and you have a chance of explaining this to the ECO.

Therefore the total amount available for his trip (Husband) is £750 and not £1168
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by yolemum: 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
@Vicjustice, frontpagelawyer, i sincerely appreciate your responses, let me state that, i am sponsoring my hubby on this trip, though i already have a visa, so am not applying,but we are travelling together, he is the only one applying.so do i stick to 750
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugah: 10:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
Frontpagelawyer Justwise I just read of the visa-free entry to the UK for Commonwealth countries. Any truth in the article?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 3:00am On Aug 10, 2016
It could be one of those jokes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:55am On Aug 10, 2016
sugah:
Frontpagelawyer Justwise I just read of the visa-free entry to the UK for Commonwealth countries. Any truth in the article?

If this were real it would be all over every British newspaper.
Just a lie on some boys blog.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2016
sugah:

No truth in that, it was started by a lady who is wanted by British govt for an alleged visa fraud.

She has been spreading this false news for months now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Question1: 8:36am On Aug 10, 2016
[quote author=worry359 post=48348650]
If this were real it would be all over every British newspaper. Just a lie on some boys blog.[/quote
I know it can never be true. Isn't it Uk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blackboy2star(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2016
How much is UK visa fee (5yrs) now? In naira please

justwise and co help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sugah: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
justwise:

No truth in that, it was started by a lady who is wanted by British govt for an alleged visa fraud.

She has been spreading this false news for months now.
Ok, thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by poca4real(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
ancestorial:
Hello house, please how long does it take for a decision made passport to be returned to TLS for collection?

i received a message notifying me that my passport will be at the TLS 3 to 5days after making their decision, since last week Thursday, but am yet to get a message from TLS.

thanks

When did you submitted your application ? How many days from the day of submission till the day you receive this message?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by gg4real: 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house, I had a two years UK visa which has expired. I used this visa twice and on the last occassion, i mistakenly over stay for a period of 9months and at the point of exit, the officer told me that I will only be given a punishment of 1yrs ban but I have not apply since my return two years ago.

My question now is that If I apply now, is there possibility that I will be given the punishment now or it has already pass since I havent apply since two years ago. Also, if I apply, do I stand any chance of getting the visa again?

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
gg4real:
i mistakenly over stay for a period of 9months

Boss, in fairness how is it possible to "mistakenly" overstay? And by 9 months?!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by WESTERNCR: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mistakenly or not I sha overstay abeg any input?

geek:

Boss, in fairness how is it possible to "mistakenly" overstay? And by 9 months?!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:35am On Aug 11, 2016
gg4real:
Hello Gurus in the house, I had a two years UK visa which has expired. I used this visa twice and on the last occassion, i mistakenly over stay for a period of 9months and at the point of exit, the officer told me that I will only be given a punishment of 1yrs ban but I have not apply since my return two years ago.

My question now is that If I apply now, is there possibility that I will be given the punishment now or it has already pass since I havent apply since two years ago. Also, if I apply, do I stand any chance of getting the visa again?

Thanks

9 months is Damn much really, i'd advice you stay way for now until u have established ur self here.. better still, look for another country for now if you must travel. But you can give it a try but be ready to answer lots of questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chima1978: 11:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Hello ALL,

Can someone please give me the approximate visa fee amount in naira for 2 yrs visa ($449) and 5 yrs visa ($816). I'm not exactly sure what rate is being used to calculate the naira amount.

Thank you!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2016
chima1978:
Hello ALL,

Can someone please give me the approximate visa fee amount in naira for 2 yrs visa ($449) and 5 yrs visa ($816). I'm not exactly sure what rate is being used to calculate the naira amount.

Thank you!!

$524 as of Monday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
chima1978:
Hello ALL,

Thank you!!

$524 as of Monday, they charge 210+
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 2:32am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello peeps I traveled to uk last month and at the point of exit no immigration officer to check or stamp me out I was wondering if that's how they do I only have entry stamp no exit I ask the cabin crew and she went to ask the pilot and the pilot told her no exit stamps my question is how will dey know I exit the uk tho on exiting I place my pasport at a gate before it allow me pass to board so I guess maybe exit is electronic guys pls explain more
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 2:37am On Aug 12, 2016
castiello:
Hello peeps I traveled to uk last month and at the point of exit no immigration officer to check or stamp me out I was wondering if that's how they do I only have entry stamp no exit I ask the cabin crew and she went to ask the pilot and the pilot told her no exit stamps my question is how will dey know I exit the uk tho on exiting I place my pasport at a gate before it allow me pass to board so I guess maybe exit is electronic guys pls explain more

Was your passport stamped on return to Nigeria(in Nigeria) ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 2:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Was your passport stamped on return to Nigeria(in Nigeria) ?

Yes it was stamped by Nigerien immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Lexusgs430: 2:54am On Aug 12, 2016
castiello:

Yes it was stamped by Nigerien immigration

That's all you need. Just keep your return ticket, if it gives you relief.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 3:00am On Aug 12, 2016
Lexusgs430:

That's all you need. Just keep your return ticket, if it gives you relief.

Thanks you sir cos I was kinda worried I plan to return October cos my visa will expire November and after words I plan to apply 2years

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.