Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1532363 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
crossbonehelped:

Thanks a whole lot for the candid advice

Was thinking of obtaining a letter from the cooperative stating that I have access to the said amount on request and would be submitting my payslip which shows the monthly deductions for the cooperative as I would be submitting my application in the next 3 days and feel putting such a huge sum for any reason might be counter productive.
Then someone advised that using my dad as my sponsor shows family ties meaning I have peeps here that I'm close to as against going all alone without demonstrating any family support here.

First. Your dad is not a home tie. Your work and career is more of a home tie than your dad. Having said that. If you do not want the money paid into your bank account now to avoid inflating your bank balance. You should consider including copies of your cooperatives pass book in your documentation. Then declared in the application form that you have N800K savings. Then include a cover note highlighting the deduction from your payslips and corrobate it with same entries into your cooperative pass book. By this way the ECO will actually see your savings in the pass book supported by a letter from your cooperative chairman written on the cooperative letter head that the money is available to you on request.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 12:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
oloolo:
Good day just wise and other gurus in the house..

I intend travelling to the u.k for the first time on vacation. My actally date of travel was supposed to be last month but I had to shift it to this month because of work.

My question is, in my form I stated that I will be visiting London for a one week stay. But now I want to just spent one night in london and head to Dublin to see my cousins I intend spending 2 weeks. My cousin has already booked a return bus ticket to take me from london to Dublin the second day after I arrive (and back in 2 weeks) as I want to visit a lot of attractions in london. I need to to state that I did not declare that I have any family member in the UK.

I have also booked a hotel for my one night stay in London. I will also be traveling with about $2500 for shopping and pocket change. .

I hope the Point of entry officer will not raise issues

If you go ahead with this story, I am sure you will have a big problem at the POE. This is why many people are turned back from the POE because of incoherent stories from the application purpose of visit. I will advise you to maintain what you have in your application to avoid having issues. You can still defend the changes in your arrival date but if you should go ahead with this stories of yours, I am sure you could find yourself in naija with the next available flight. Your visa is just a privilege not a right, so your fate will be decided at the point of entry but to avoid having issues, forget your story.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
phraoh:
Hi all,

Applying for 6months visa and when i was registering at the TLC website, i unwittingly chose my Visa centre as Ikeja when i actually booked for submission and biometrics for VI..And i cant seem to be able to change it as they said my reference number has already being registered..

Please i want to know if its ok or an issue?

Furthermore, can someone clearly itemise all the documents and requirements needed to be submitted so that i can tick them off and will it all be original ,say Incorporation certificates since am self employed etc.

Thanks all.

The issue there is that if you to use Ikeja, be ready to pay handling charges of $$$. You should consider sending them an email for them to change your submission centre to VI. All documents either original or otherwise must be photocopy into A4 size. Your original documents will be return back to you. I advise you copy all your documents including your international passport pages to avoid making these copies at exhorbitant price at the centre.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
oloolo:
Good day just wise and other gurus in the house..

I intend travelling to the u.k for the first time on vacation. My actally date of travel was supposed to be last month but I had to shift it to this month because of work.

My question is, in my form I stated that I will be visiting London for a one week stay. But now I want to just spent one night in london and head to Dublin to see my cousins I intend spending 2 weeks. My cousin has already booked a return bus ticket to take me from london to Dublin the second day after I arrive (and back in 2 weeks) as I want to visit a lot of attractions in london. I need to to state that I did not declare that I have any family member in the UK.

I have also booked a hotel for my one night stay in London. I will also be traveling with about $2500 for shopping and pocket change. .

I hope the Point of entry officer will not raise issues

Yes you can change your traveling plan. The question is do you have an Irish visa. Without valid Irish visa, going from London to Dublin even by bus is illegal. The POE will only ask you some few questions about your visit to the UK. If you decide to stay one night, fine. Beside you may be unlucky to be check at the border between U.K and Ireland.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 1:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
KEYSERSOZE:
Hello house,

i applied for a 6months visa last year,which i got. i now intend applying for another visa (renewal), but my salary for the month of jan, feb & march will be paid same time in march. i intend to apply for another visa(renewal). i hope this would not cast a shadow of doubt on my bank statement.

Many thanks for your suggestion & opinions

Only the ECO can determine that. You previous visit and immigration history to the UK will count here. Be honest and tell the ECO about your salary payments.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by phraoh(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
ekpotek:

The issue there is that if you to use Ikeja, be ready to pay handling charges of $$$. You should consider sending them an email for them to change your submission centre to VI. All documents either original or otherwise must be photocopy into A4 size. Your original documents will be return back to you. I advise you copy all your documents including your international passport pages to avoid making these copies at exhorbitant price at the centre.

Thanks,

But my appointment and submission is for VI centre and not Ikeja. I just didnt realise that they have different website when i was registering with TLC after payment on the Visa4Uk site. So i registered at the Ikeja own and not VI.

Is that a problem? Cos i would assume that TLC is same regardless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
A quick one pls, is it possible to change return courier address at TlS office on ur appointment day? That's for value added service
@ekpotek, @justwise @ifyalways
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
hello house good day. how can i pay visa fee of $113 while there is a limit of $100 per day. i have been trying with my card since. please any alternative way? thanks i need an urgent response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:03pm On Mar 31, 2017
phraoh:

Thanks,

But my appointment and submission is for VI centre and not Ikeja. I just didnt realise that they have different website when i was registering with TLC after payment on the Visa4Uk site. So i registered at the Ikeja own and not VI.

Is that a problem? Cos i would assume that TLC is same regardless.

No problem only that you will pay handling fee if you decide to submit at Ikeja, regardless of your choice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
lexyj123:
hello house good day. how can i pay visa fee of $113 while there is a limit of $100 per day. i have been trying with my card since. please any alternative way? thanks i need an urgent response.

Use a dollar ATM card. If you do not have one too bad. Or ask someone with such a card to pay for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 4:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
what other means bro, i dont have anyone around now. i have a Dom account but dormant, it will take a while to activate and request for dollar card.
ekpotek:

Use a dollar ATM card. If you do not have one too bad. Or ask someone with such a card to pay for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by lexyj123(f): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2017
I FUNDED REACTIVATED AND FUNDED MY DOM ACCOUNT WITH JUST A CALL TO A FRIEND I NEVER TOT OFF INITIALLY, IT WAS SO FAST THAN I TOT.,I CAN STILL ACCOMMODATE SOME MORE TRANSACTIONS
collinsfbi:

You can share it here so that others who are facing same problem will learn from it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by collinsfbi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
lexyj123:
I FUNDED REACTIVATED AND FUNDED MY DOM ACCOUNT WITH JUST A CALL TO A FRIEND I NEVER TOT OFF INITIALLY, IT WAS SO FAST THAN I TOT.,I CAN STILL ACCOMMODATE SOME MORE TRANSACTIONS

That is nice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
Francois10:
A quick one pls, is it possible to change return courier address at TlS office on ur appointment day? That's for value added service
@ekpotek, @justwise @ifyalways
Thanks
Yes, it's possible.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by crossbonehelped: 12:15am On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks for the help so far. Need help in filling some parts of my application.
There's this particular part I'm asked how much I earn monthly after tax. Parts of my salary however go towards a loan repayment and my cooperative savings.
Wondering if I should add all together or just put in what enters my bank account alone? Would be submitting my payslips to show how much I'm being paid, tax deducted and other deductions too.
Would appreciate the help. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by shessyfavour: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2017
Please, is the extra $70 going to be paid online with the visa fee or would be paid separately at the centre? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Funmijj3: 9:52am On Apr 01, 2017
Captgb:
hello house, am I good to go now with the lists of this documents for my Eea family permit visa

*Marriage certificate
*Proof of contact thru chats
*facebook
*whatsapp
*proof of regular phone calls
*pictures 62 copies with photocopy
*itineries n stamps of my wife visits
*My valid pp
* certified copy of her bank statements 6month
*proof of tenancy agreement
*proof of me sending money to her my wife
*copy of her EU pp
*letter from her landlady
*supporting letter from our family
*my bank statement
*tb X-ray result
*a statement of fact from her GP about

Please house are we good to go with all this now because they claim not to see our pictures in the first application but now we've photocopy everything now and added more to it. Any advise will be welcome

@captgb How are you doing? Congratulations on your family permit.
Please just wanted to ask. Did you send all original documents to Sheffield or you submitted everything in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by KEYSERSOZE(m): 10:09am On Apr 01, 2017
ekpotek:

Only the ECO can determine that. You previous visit and immigration history to the UK will count here. Be honest and tell the ECO about your salary payments.

Ok thanks, more opinions welcomed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by smilz(m): 11:45am On Apr 01, 2017
Good day house,

Please what's the minimum I can have in my bank account when applying for a UK visa. Just want to visit for a week.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
crossbonehelped:
Thanks for the help so far. Need help in filling some parts of my application.
There's this particular part I'm asked how much I earn monthly after tax. Parts of my salary however go towards a loan repayment and my cooperative savings.
Wondering if I should add all together or just put in what enters my bank account alone? Would be submitting my payslips to show how much I'm being paid, tax deducted and other deductions too.
Would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Deduct just the tax to arrived at what you earn monthly. Savings and loan repayments are temporary deductions which are part of your monthly earning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
smilz:
Good day house,

Please what's the minimum I can have in my bank account when applying for a UK visa. Just want to visit for a week.

Thanks.

There is no minimum or maximum amount. What matters is your home ties and sufficient funds to cover your trip without stress.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
shessyfavour:
Please, is the extra $70 going to be paid online with the visa fee or would be paid separately at the centre? Thanks

You pay the $70 online with the visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mjee(f): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2017
lexyj123:

I used paga to pay for uk visa fees. It was easy, I just upgraded the accout type to tier 3 (by submitting some documetation). To my surprise the rate they even used was 314 and the amount was debited from my naira account. You can check them out online.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. Last Questions:
Pension is deducted from my monthly salary and I have been contributing since 2012 I started working using my previous company name. I spoke with Stanbic way back on changing details on thw company name but they said I could continue using same account. Please can I include my Pension Registration Certificate OR just leave off to avoid contradictions or include an explanation in my cover letter.also is there any need to explain like a 300k debit on my account
ekpotek:

No. You still do not have anyone in the UK. It's your friend brother who probably does not even know you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 5:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
mialate:
Thanks Ekpotek. Last Questions:
Pension is deducted from my monthly salary and I have been contributing since 2012 I started working using my previous company name. I spoke with Stanbic way back on changing details on thw company name but they said I could continue using same account. Please can I include my Pension Registration Certificate OR just leave off to avoid contradictions or include an explanation in my cover letter.also is there any need to explain like a 300k debit on my account

Mialate, in my opinion I don't think it matters what company is on your pension account since it's a retirement savings account but you can state that you started your career and opened the account while still with your former employer. I'm planning to submit six months statement of my retirement savings account as an economic tie. You can explain the 300k debit if it will strengthen your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 6:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
Thanks dcutey. I will explain the debit as it was made to my sister as a loan.
dcutey:

Mialate, in my opinion I don't think it matters what company is on your pension account since it's a retirement savings account but you can state that you started your career and opened the account while still with your former employer. I'm planning to submit six months statement of my retirement savings account as an economic tie. You can explain the 300k debit if it will strengthen your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2017
dcutey:

@Mialate, @dcutey. This is very good and smart move in my opinion. A lot of applicants do not know that a pensionable job is a very strong home and economic ties, as it demonstrates to the ECO that you're not likely to overstay by AWOL. Besides you can only access your retirement saving after retirement at 60-65 years. However, there must substantial amount in your retirement savings to satisfy the ECO. Go ahead and include your retirement saving account documentation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Codes151(m): 8:09am On Apr 02, 2017
smilz:
Good day house,

Thanks.
u indicate what your traveling With n let it b possible in your account Minus your tp! I think your good To go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Francois10(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2017
The UK Visa Application Centre, Lagos User Pays VAC switch

With effect from the 3rd April, 2017, the UK Visa Application Centre in Ikeja will no longer be a User Pay VAC. However, applicants who wish to submit their applications at the Victoria Island Centre will now be subject to the User Pay fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.