Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1530777 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
mialate:
Good evening Great people. Am back again. I submitted my online application and stated I don't know anyone in the UK which is true. Due to the card restrictions here my hotel reservation was done with the help of colleague at work who's brother leaves in the UK while I pay her back. Please do I explain this in my supporting letter. So the ECO doesn't see a contradicting reply.Remain blessed.

No. You still do not have anyone in the UK. It's your friend brother who probably does not even know you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
justwise:

I guess you don't understand why i asked that question, i'm sorry if you found it intrusive, moving on...

1..should we just calculate the average of six month payslip we plan to submit? No you present your salary as its supported by your payslips and explain the method of salary payment by your company.

2.How our applications can be linked? I don't think you can link the application forms, you have to apply separately at the same time and use the earliest appointment date to submit both applications.

3. whether we both can select co-sponsor since we are using funds from our many accounts? Yes you can

4. Should we also divide and allocate cost of the trip in each application based on our salaries? You don't have to do this since this is a family trip. Let the total cost of the trip be stated in both application forms and use the additional information page to explain that its a family trip.

Spending 700k or 1M will depend on your monthly income hence my initial question

@dcutey. You can link the applications together after online submission when booking online appointment to submit at TLC website. You will be requested to enter your application reference no and that of anyone else to create a group appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
ekpotek:

@dcutey. You can link the applications together after online submission when booking online appointment to submit at TLC website. You will be requested to enter your application reference no and that of anyone else to create a group appointment.

Thanks for this update.. i never knew that its possible now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
dcutey:

Thanks for the response but we are not using most of our savings, we just have many accounts and I feel submitting all of them would reflect the true status of our finances. Please what about the other questions I asked? How should we fill the application? Thanks

Yes you are at liberty to submit as many bank statement as possible to justify your finances.

Since the trip will be jointly financed by both of you. In each application form specify what each partner is contributing to the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
justwise:

Thanks for this update.. i never knew that its possible now.

@Justwise. You're welcome. How is the weather there? Will be arriving UK on Saturday and off to Dundee on Sunday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
justwise:

I guess you don't understand why i asked that question, i'm sorry if you found it intrusive, moving on...

2.How our applications can be linked? I don't think you can link the application forms, you have to apply separately at the same time and use the earliest appointment date to submit both applications.

I think I remember how to link in UK application except things have changed. When you log in, there is a tab that says "Apply for yourself" and another says "apply for someone else". Apply for yourself and then for your spouse.

Its about 3 years ago I last applied. Please let me know if the process is different.

@dcutey
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 12:29am On Mar 29, 2017
justwise:

1..should we just calculate the average of six month payslip we plan to submit? No you present your salary as its supported by your payslips and explain the method of salary payment by your company.

3. whether we both can select co-sponsor since we are using funds from our many accounts? Yes you can

4. Should we also divide and allocate cost of the trip in each application based on our salaries? You don't have to do this since this is a family trip. Let the total cost of the trip be stated in both application forms and use the additional information page to explain that its a family trip.

Spending 700k or 1M will depend on your monthly income hence my initial question

Thanks Justwise, I didn't find your question intrusive in any way. According to my pay slip, my monthly take home after tax and after a loan repayment of 37k that ends next month is 185k. Keep in mind that this is after about 40% of my annual salary has been paid at the beginning of the year and I also receive more than 100k monthly as allowance which is not reflected in my pay slip as well as some other allowances that are in certain months. So you can understand that I don't receive a fixed amount as salary monthly hence my confusion on what to fill as my monthly salary.
I know I would have to do a lot of explaining on the covering letter, I just hope the ECO will not just try to verify what I filled as my salary only from my pay slip without reading my covering letter.
More guidance on this or any part of my application would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wyt(m): 10:28am On Mar 29, 2017
Good morning all. Pls can you guys shield light on entrepreneur visa. What are the requirements and does it has duration of stay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2017
wyt:
Good morning all. Pls can you guys shield light on entrepreneur visa. What are the requirements and does it has duration of stay?

You must have access to at least £50,000 investment funds to apply.
That is 19 million Nair.

Do you have such funds avaliable?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Enigift: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please I just opened the topic am a doctor and want to work in the UK how do I go about it. Thanks for your reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 2:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
Good day house
Please I need a little clarification
Myself, my wife and two children submitted our forms and did biometrics on the 14th of March.
However yesterday I received email notifications for myself and my daughter that a decision has been made.
Curious I checked the TLS website and noticed my Wife and Son still had there's pending for decision even till this afternoon.
Please is it possible that a family that submitted together will receive their passports separately?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Enigift:
Please I just opened the topic am a doctor and want to work in the UK how do I go about it. Thanks for your reply

If you search with Google you can find all this information.
http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/before_you_apply/12526.asp
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mialate: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thanks Ekpotek. Will disregard then.
ekpotek:

No. You still do not have anyone in the UK. It's your friend brother who probably does not even know you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by dcutey: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
nonoski:
Good day house
Myself, my wife and two children submitted our forms and did biometrics on the 14th of March.
However yesterday I received email notifications for myself and my daughter that a decision has been made.
Curious I checked the TLS website and noticed my Wife and Son still had there's pending for decision even till this afternoon.
Please is it possible that a family that submitted together will receive their passports separately?

I don't know if this is possible but have you been told to pick up your decision without that of your wife and children?
Also, please how did you fill your family's application? Please I would appreciate if you could help answer the questions I asked in my earlier posts on the previous and current pages. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Can you shield more light on this type of visa?

worry357:

That is 19 million Nair.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thnx Justwise, i think it's better to ask the questions once and for all as you are a busy person. Like I said I already have a Visa, I will be financially responsible for my wife and 2 kids Holiday expenses. I'm an Estate Surveyor with my own company,my wife's name is listed as the second director with the same share as me on CAC form,the company account has me as the sole signatory,I pay VAT and Annual Income company Tax. Occasionally i do transfer to my wife's account from company's account for foodstuffs and kids well being, she is not working..... I've my current and savings accounts.WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED SIR. Thnx as usual.

No it does not, you can over stay in the UK for upto 90days without any problem but don't forget to declare this in the form when asked.

Though i think that rule was changed recently but since your over stayed before the new rule comes in you will be fine.

Declare it and state like you did here why you and your family overstayed. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fakmurphy(m): 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
Thnx Justwise, i think it's better to ask the questions once and for all as you are a busy person. Like I said I already have a Visa, I will be financially responsible for my wife and 2 kids Holiday expenses. I'm an Estate Surveyor with my own company,my wife's name is listed as the second director with the same share as me on CAC form,the company account has me as the sole signatory,I pay VAT and Annual Income company Tax. Occasionally i do transfer to my wife's account from company's account for foodstuffs and kids well being, she is not working..... I've my current and savings accounts.WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED SIR. Thnx as usual.

justwise:
[/b]

No it does not, you can over stay in the UK for upto 90days without any problem but don't forget to declare this in the form when asked.

Though i think that rule was changed recently but since your over stayed before the new rule comes in you will be fine.

Declare it and state like you did here why you and your family overstayed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
nonoski:
Good day house

It all depend on how you submitted the applications either singly or as a group. You don't need to worry just wait for other applications to arrive at a decision before going to pick up the passports. Sometimes, there is some delay in updating the TLS website. If there is going to be long delay they will send you an email to that effect.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by wyt(m): 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2017
worry357:

That is 19 million Nair.

Thanks alot. Will that allow me stay for how long? Cos I want to set up business there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by geek(m): 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
wyt:

Thanks alot. Will that allow me stay for how long? Cos I want to set up business there.

40 months and it's actually £200,000 you need to invest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
ekpotek:

@Justwise. You're welcome. How is the weather there? Will be arriving UK on Saturday and off to Dundee on Sunday.

Weather here is not as cold as it was last month but don't forget your winter jacket.

Its longer day and shorter night now as the clock has gone an hour up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
blank:

I think I remember how to link in UK application except things have changed. When you log in, there is a tab that says "Apply for yourself" and another says "apply for someone else". Apply for yourself and then for your spouse.

Its about 3 years ago I last applied. Please let me know if the process is different.

@dcutey

ekpotek has clarified that, people complained of not been able to link form when the new application form was introduced i guess that has been sorted out now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2017
dcutey:

Thanks Justwise, I didn't find your question intrusive in any way. According to my pay slip, my monthly take home after tax and after a loan repayment of 37k that ends next month is 185k. Keep in mind that this is after about 40% of my annual salary has been paid at the beginning of the year and I also receive more than 100k monthly as allowance which is not reflected in my pay slip as well as some other allowances that are in certain months. So you can understand that I don't receive a fixed amount as salary monthly hence my confusion on what to fill as my monthly salary.
I know I would have to do a lot of explaining on the covering letter, I just hope the ECO will not just try to verify what I filled as my salary only from my pay slip without reading my covering letter.
More guidance on this or any part of my application would be appreciated. Thanks

You just have to outline a breakdown of cost for the trip and list places you and your wife want to visit while in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
fakmurphy:

Declare it and state like you did here why you and your family overstayed.

This thread is full of list of documents needed for tourist visa from part 1 to this part. Please read few pages back.

Since you will be sponsoring the trip many of the documents will be coming from you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by nonoski: 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
dcutey:

I don't know if this is possible but have you been told to pick up your decision without that of your wife and children?
Also, please how did you fill your family's application? Please I would appreciate if you could help answer the questions I asked in my earlier posts on the previous and current pages. Thanks.
The new UKBA site does not allow for linking of applications so you have to fill each one, one after the other with a different email address.
At the teleperformance website you will be able to link all the applications together.

ekpotek:

It all depend on how you submitted the applications either singly or as a group. You don't need to worry just wait for other applications to arrive at a decision before going to pick up the passports. Sometimes, there is some delay in updating the TLS website. If there is going to be long delay they will send you an email to that effect.
We submitted as a group, did our biometrics together and on the TLS website our applications are still grouped together so i am wondering why they have made a decision on two Visa applications while the other two applications are still pending for decision. @ justwise kindly help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by juneman: 5:57am On Mar 30, 2017
Hi house pls I urgently need advice as regards UK transit visa. I intend travelling to new York via London Heathrow (layover 3hrs20m) virgin Atlantic departure Lagos. Pls will I be required to have a transit visa? I ve a valid us visa. Pls persons with personal experience should kindly share theirs with me. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 8:32am On Mar 30, 2017
geek:

40 months and it's actually £200,000 you need to invest.

Hello, please can I be enlightened more on the entrepreneur visa AS i have access to over £200,000. I await a awift response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by crossbonehelped: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2017
Hi. Been on this thread for a while and really learnt a lot.
Plan travelling to U.K. in May ending for the second part of my medical licensing exam. Already paid the £845 fee for the exam and want to apply for the visiting business visa that plab exam falls under.
I have been working in a federal Govt facility for about 5 years but wasn't really planning on travelling till late in the year but some change in U.K policies means I have to travel soon.
My source of concern is the fact that my savings account only has about 200k which is about £500 inside while my estimated total spending would be about £1200 as I intend to spend only 4 days total. I however have a cooperative savings of about 800k which is available on request by me and I intend getting an official letter to that effect.
There's also a provision for a sponsor for which I'm considering using my Dads account as he could help to the tune of £1000 but I'm caught in between using just my saving account in the bank which is about 200k and my cooperative saving for which I could assess around 800k or just using my Dad as the main sponsor and probably adding about 200k myself to the money.
Note that I'm above 30 years of age though unmarried and the money in my dads account is a savings that's been on for over 3 years though the money is largely untouched but payments are made monthly.
Thnsks for the anticipated help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Please anyone who has recently applied for 2 years visa should please tell the visa fee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by sanchezzz: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Good morning house, please i will like to apply for UK visit visa. But the issue is the company i work with[real estate] they pay us by cash, sometimes send someone to make cash deposit into every bodys bank account. Will there be a problem?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by worry357: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2017
ladylco:

Hello, please can I be enlightened more on the entrepreneur visa AS i have access to over £200,000. I await a awift response.

Well go and read the UKBA site, all the information is there.
Or are you begging for an agent to steal your money help you!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ladylco: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2017
worry357:

Well go and read the UKBA site, all the information is there.
Or are you begging for an agent to steal your money help you!

If i need to consult an agent, I would not have asked for information here, I thought that is what this thread is meant for, moreso, someone mentioned the enterpreneur visa here and I felt I could get more info from here since I kind of qualify.... i dnt even need to explain anything to you because you are known to be abusive and not really answering questions without being rude. Please keep you opinion to yourself if you cant reply simply question in a normal manner or better still just ignore. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.