Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1529118 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2018
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2018
Ameera2018:
Good morning Just wise, Ekpotex and gurus in the house please kindly advise,

I have a valid UK visa and by reason of marriage i have had to change my name on my passport. Can i still travel with the existing visa and my new passport as well as my change of name documentation for POE??

You will be fine just travel with your marriage certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2018
quille11:
Hello house,
Please is it possible to apply for tourist visa to UK, US or Australia with a personal bank statement from a mortgage or microfinance bank?
Your response will be appreciated
Thanks

It needs to be signed and stamped by the bank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2018
ItsJonathan:
Hello Good afternoon,

A friend of mine’s mom wants to invite Him and I to the Uk for 6 months visit. I am not related to her only friends with his mom. My questions are, 1. Do I need to worry about my bank statements?
2. I plan on sponsoring both our trips. Or do I send the money over to her so she sponsors it?
3. I am just 21years. How does this matter to my bank statements high or low?
4. What reasons could make them deny me the visa and approve my friends own. Thanks

1. Yes and the source of the money in that bank account.

2. Sponsor your trip because the ability to do that is your tie to Nigeria.

3. It matters not.

4. Nobody here can answer that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Ameera2018(f): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2018
Ok Thanks a bunch for responding

justwise:

You will be fine just travel with your marriage certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:50am On Feb 13, 2018
ItsJonathan:

@ekpotek

1. Applicant bank account are relevant to their application, if they are the sponsor or not, unless the applicant is under age or a dependant.

2. Sponsorship or no sponsorship. Applications are considered base on the applicant current circumstances in Nigeria (social, financial, and family) ties to Nigeria

3. Your age may or not matter depending on how the ECO view you intentions. You could be younger or older and still get a visa if you can satisfy the ECO that you will return back after your visit.

4. The reasons as proposed by you here, is enough ground for a refusal. Cos there is no compelling reasons for the visit. Beside, how do you justify visiting your friend mother who is not your family member or related to you or having a business dealing with.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamateniola1: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2018
thank you. got it. pls, I just completed my application; and the checklist says 'evidence of address' firstly, we own the house but I do not have the mortagage or c of O. secondly, the electricity bill still bears the old owner as we don't have prepaid meter yet. what can I do? is it compulsory I add this?

ekpotek:

That is the old application website which is still in use.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2018
mamateniola1:
thank you. got it. pls, I just completed my application; and the checklist says 'evidence of address' firstly, we own the house but I do not have the mortagage or c of O. secondly, the electricity bill still bears the old owner as we don't have prepaid meter yet. what can I do? is it compulsory I add this?

No. Unless you need to use the house as evidence of social and economic ties to Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Matrix07: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
@ekpotek, @justwise Hello guys, I really appreciate how you people are helping solving confusions with UK visa application. Please I intend applying for a UK visit visa and it was stated that application cant be more than 3 months to intended date of travel. My question is when do they start counting the 3 months, is it from the date of biometrics or the date one applies online. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
Matrix07:
@ekpotek, @justwise Hello guys, I really appreciate how you people are helping solving confusions with UK visa application. Please I intend applying for a UK visit visa and it was stated that application cant be more than 3 months to intended date of travel. My question is when do they start counting the 3 months, is it from the date of biometrics or the date one applies online. Thanks in anticipation.

Date of application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chupcake(m): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
chupcake:
Hello all. Abeg i kinda need help. I am presently in the UK with limited leave to remain and i want my mom and sister to come visit. i live in a big enough house and i have a job.

My question is how much do i have to make monthly to be able to sponsor the trip for both of them. If i am sponsoring the trip, do they have to provide any other financial documents from their own part? Also, is it possible for my partner to maybe sponsor my sister and i sponsor my mother if i don't make enough to sponsor both of them. If this depends on savings i have in my account, how much will i need to have saved up and be able to show in my back account that i can sponsor both of them.
Keep in mind they have never met my partner before.

@justwise abeg help a brotha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
chupcake:
Hello all. Abeg i kinda need help. I am presently in the UK with limited leave to remain and i want my mom and sister to come visit. i live in a big enough house and i have a job.

My question is how much do i have to make monthly to be able to sponsor the trip for both of them. If i am sponsoring the trip, do they have to provide any other financial documents from their own part? Also, is it possible for my partner to maybe sponsor my sister and i sponsor my mother if i don't make enough to sponsor both of them. If this depends on savings i have in my account, how much will i need to have saved up and be able to show in my back account that i can sponsor both of them.
Keep in mind they have never met my partner before.

There is no specific amount but you need to proof that you are financially capable to sponsor them..in this case you and your partner.

They still have to show their tie to Nigeria which bank statement and source of the money in that account is one of them

You and your partner should sponsor them jointly without mentioning who sponsors who.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:

It’s not going to work and she will be caught, her friend will be jailed as we.

ĎNA would not cooperate with your idea .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by askari01: 8:18am On Feb 14, 2018
SomD:
Dear friends, I need your input here. I don’t know if I am posting this on the right place but a friend is about to make a huge mistake and I need to prove to her that its not worth it. So shes due to deliver soon, she was denied American visa three times and as she had her two kids in America already shes so bitter that this third child won’t be born in USA. So she came up with an idea today, she said since she has a valid UK visa, she wants to come have the baby in UK, pay the hospital bills no matter how much it costs then get one of our friends who lives in Nigeria but also a british citizen (he lived in Uk for years and returned some years back) to claim to be her child’s father so he can give the child british citizenship. Please what do you think. Justwise if u comment, will be realy glad. Thank you guys in anticipation.

ĎNA would not cooperate with her idea .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2018
Good day, I recently apply for uk visa for short term study. I mistakenly entered my mum name pls I need help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2018
Ferry6600:
Good day, I recently apply for uk visa for short term study. I mistakenly entered my mum name pls I need help.

Where did you write your mother's name?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:

Where did you write your mother's name?

I didn’t write her name. Instead of her name I mistakenly wrote mine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ferry6600:

I didn’t write her name. Instead of her name I mistakenly wrote mine.

Then email the embassy to notify them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:

Then email the embassy to notify them
The form is still with me cos my appoint is on Monday can I correct with pen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Ferry6600:

The form is still with me cos my appoint is on Monday can I correct with pen

You can do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:

You can do that
Thank you very much for assistance. Pls do I need to attached any written note and how will it look like. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by chupcake(m): 4:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
justwise:

There is no specific amount but you need to proof that you are financially capable to sponsor them..in this case you and your partner.

They still have to show their tie to Nigeria which bank statement and source of the money in that account is one of them

You and your partner should sponsor them jointly without mentioning who sponsors who.

Thanks. That is the other question i have. It seems easy to prove that for my mom as she is a matron and works for the lagos state government so she can submit payslips and her salary account statement. My sister is a different case entirely. She just finished University and waiting to go for NYSC. She is not employed at the moment, not married and no kids. My question is this: Should i wait for her to start NYSC so that can be her 'tie' to the country. That way, she can apply and come in the middle of the program and that way, she can get maybe a letter from her LGI (stating she is in the program, duration and permission to travel) and bank account information that shows her allowee (Is 'currently undergoing NYSC' a strong enough reason to give the ECO that she is just visiting and is going to come back). I think since i will be sponsoring the trip, it doesn't matter how much she has in the account (please correct me if i am wrong) or is there another way i can prove her ties to the country.

The application is still a couple of months away but i just want to get my bearing right and start planning.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by JAMESOJAY: 12:55am On Feb 15, 2018
HOW MUCH IS INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN NIGERIA 2018 ? ( COST & RENEWAL )

32 PAGES: The 32 pages type can be for different categories of people, with different charges. Price listed below

a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #12,500
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #19,500
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #12,500
64 PAGES :– The official fee for 64 Pages is #24,500 for all category of applicants.

The Nigerian Immigration is collecting 30 thousand why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by kenzindax(f): 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2018
Please I'm so confused on what to do right now. Application since 14th August 2017.( Family standard visa 6months) I just Called Sheffield via the contact number given to me at TLS office. I was charged 15.7GBP. Only for the person I spoke with to tell me that decision had been made since 13th September 2017. I've not gotten a pick up mail, until now. Now she's talking about Escalation on my passport. She asked for some information and I gave her correctly.
She gave me a Ref. No to call back in 15working days if I don't get a mail back from them.

Please House.
1.Is it that my passport is missing
2.Is it that its been sent to VI office because I've been going to TLS office at Ikeja because I applied there.
3.What could be the issue.

Please justwise,ekpotek, and other's please what should I do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by graciielo: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2018
@justwise , @ekpotek hello guys. pls i need your inputs.1. i have 2 sisters in uk who are citizens. one is a divorcee and the other married. would be visiting uk soon, and i want to stay with the divorcee during my visit, but she is saying my other married sis should send in the necessary documents needed, cos she reverted back to using my dads first name instead of the last name we all shared. and which she feels might affect when writting the introductory letter and presenting the needed documents.
2. both my sis are offering to pay for my flight tickets, accomodation, feeding and any other expenses during my visit, hope this would not be an issue? though i work. should i include in the letter am paying for flight tickets, while my siblings handle the rest, to show my financial strenght? i await your inputs. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by 2neeyoo(m): 7:47pm On Feb 15, 2018
Pls I need help and Information. I just got uk tourist visa in January and planing to travel in April. I need information about uk immigration at the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by MamaGiovanni: 8:42pm On Feb 15, 2018
@justwise @ekpotek

If someone states he's staying at a hotel in his visa application, gets the visa, cancels the hotel before he travels.
And he writes the address of a relative who wasn't mentioned on the visa application as the place he's staying in the UK. Will this cause problems at the POE? Someone is telling me that it doesn't matter, as the agents at the POE do not have the details of the visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 10:06pm On Feb 15, 2018
2neeyoo:
Pls I need help and Information. I just got uk tourist visa in January and planing to travel in April. I need information about uk immigration at the airport.

please when did you apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2018
That is lying and I had personally witnessed someone being turned back at Heathrow for exactly the same reason as �. Better to stick to your hotel booking jeje, otherwise you would be back in MMIA before you could spell United Kingdom.
MamaGiovanni:
@justwise @ekpotek

If someone states he's staying at a hotel in his visa application, gets the visa, cancels the hotel before he travels.
And he writes the address of a relative who wasn't mentioned on the visa application as the place he's staying in the UK. Will this cause problems at the POE? Someone is telling me that it doesn't matter, as the agents at the POE do not have the details of the visa application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Feb 16, 2018
chupcake:

Thanks. That is the other question i have. It seems easy to prove that for my mom as she is a matron and works for the lagos state government so she can submit payslips and her salary account statement. My sister is a different case entirely. She just finished University and waiting to go for NYSC. She is not employed at the moment, not married and no kids. My question is this: Should i wait for her to start NYSC so that can be her 'tie' to the country. That way, she can apply and come in the middle of the program and that way, she can get maybe a letter from her LGI (stating she is in the program, duration and permission to travel) and bank account information that shows her allowee (Is 'currently undergoing NYSC' a strong enough reason to give the ECO that she is just visiting and is going to come back). I think since i will be sponsoring the trip, it doesn't matter how much she has in the account (please correct me if i am wrong) or is there another way i can prove her ties to the country.

The application is still a couple of months away but i just want to get my bearing right and start planning.

People doing their NYSC are not actually allowed to make foreign trip so it will be difficult for her to use that , though she can always give it a try, who knows..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:53am On Feb 16, 2018
kenzindax:
Please I'm so confused on what to do right now. Application since 14th August 2017.( Family standard visa 6months) I just Called Sheffield via the contact number given to me at TLS office. I was charged 15.7GBP. Only for the person I spoke with to tell me that decision had been made since 13th September 2017. I've not gotten a pick up mail, until now. Now she's talking about Escalation on my passport. She asked for some information and I gave her correctly.
She gave me a Ref. No to call back in 15working days if I don't get a mail back from them.

Please House.
1.Is it that my passport is missing
2.Is it that its been sent to VI office because I've been going to TLS office at Ikeja because I applied there.
3.What could be the issue.

Please justwise,ekpotek, and other's please what should I do.

Have you visited the visa centre to ask for your passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.