Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1524491 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by oluwa234: 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2018
justwise:

1. You apply for standard visa which covers all sorts of sub-visa categories, specially yours should be business or academic depending on the conference you are attending.

2. Put N/A and use the blank space in the form to explain that you can’t remember because you lost the passport.

3. There is no specific time , some get it with a month while some have to wait longer than that.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND AND PROMPT RESPONSE. SO I CHOSE BUSINESS AND THEN OTHER BUSINESS SINCE NONE OF THE SUBCATEGORIES SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED CONFERENCE.

THANKS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
oluwa234:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND AND PROMPT RESPONSE. SO I CHOSE BUSINESS AND THEN OTHER BUSINESS SINCE NONE OF THE SUBCATEGORIES SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED CONFERENCE.

THANKS

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by blank(f): 5:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
fcisca:
You mean you stated in your application that you had no relation in the UK and ended up staying at their address? Pray they don't ask you at the POE though.
That is an outright case of giving false information during application and it attracts deportation and ban.

Nah. I stated all my immediate family there. I use a hotel booking for the application but put my sister's address at the POE. Sometimes, I might stay with a family friend and put their address. Plans change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laminat: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
justwise:

I’m browsing today with mobile phone as a result I’m unable to read the attachment because of the way you updated them.
Pls Mr. Justwise, pls help me view the attachment and reply. Its urgent sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2018
Laminat:

Pls Mr. Justwise, pls help me view the attachment and reply. Its urgent sir.

I can’t really view like I said before, I’m on holiday with just my phone so it’s difficult, you did not upload it properly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pharmacology: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, is £20 food budget enough for a young tourist who will be living in a hostel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Phenmeson(m): 2:15am On Feb 19, 2018
osarodon:
Good

Oyster card of £20 means that she will be travelling only by Bus because an off peak day travelcard train ticket (9:30am) is £12 a day.
Spending £20 for lunch is not too bad if she patronize Buffet,KFC, Mac Donald & e.t.c
There are Hostels at Bayswater Road/ Queens way station which charge £180 for a week with breakfast and dinner inclusive

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 8:30am On Feb 19, 2018
Good morning all

CcJustwiswe ccEkpotek cceveryone

Kindly assist- My sister’s passport expires in July 2018 but she intends to renew her visa this week and visit the UK for Easter holidays

How feasible is this?

Thanks for your prompt response in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funmido(f): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2018
Hi all

Secondly I’ve been trying to register an account on the uk visa site: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register

After imputing the correct details, it bounced me back to the image below
(Your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at ....)

Kindly help

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2018
funmido:
Good morning all

CcJustwiswe ccEkpotek cceveryone

Kindly assist- My sister’s passport expires in July 2018 but she intends to renew her visa this week and visit the UK for Easter holidays

How feasible is this?

Thanks for your prompt response in advance

February to July is 5months, passport validity should be months. She needs to get another passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:47am On Feb 19, 2018
funmido:

Hi all

Secondly I’ve been trying to register an account on the uk visa site: https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register

After imputing the correct details, it bounced me back to the image below
(Your registration has been unsuccessful, please see the guidance at ....)

Kindly help

Thanks

Check your form very well to see the mandatory question you missed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 12:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Why won't you pay tax if i may ask? How did you open a corporate account with CAC registration?
taskat:
House should advice me on what to do as i am propose to travel to uk to visit my coursin on Easter. I am a self employ with a good running personal bank statement. My business is not register under CAC and i have never been paying any tax. Is it possible to b granted a visa irrespective of business registration and paying tax. Although i have a wife and a child and land as ties in Nigeria. Despite all this, can i still be granted if apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mavinc4u(f): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
ozymes:
Why won't you pay tax if i may ask? How did you open a corporate account with CAC registration?

The ones wey pay wetin dem use am do? grin

Anyway, the guy said his business is not registered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by akings26: 3:20pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello house! Please how long will it take for a decision to be made on my application? I applied 2 weeks ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by realshifu: 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello everyone. Special shout out to everyone that has been contributing to this thread helping people especially justwise and epotek.

I have been a silent follower of this thread, but i had to create a nairaland account to ask this question coz i have been stuck for like 3 days. I am applying for a UK Visa to attend the Commonwealth Youth Forum as a delegate, at CHOGM 2018. I have followed all the advice here, and i have filled the visa application form for a UK 6 months Standard Visitors Visa, but i haven't been able to submit the application because the appointment booking is not working. No matter the day and time i choose, it keeps saying "the appointment you have chosen is no longer available. Please choose another time.", and only february days are available. So i need help from the gurus in this house.

I have tried to start over on the visa4uk website, with the feeling that it's the vis-immigration site that's dysfunctional, but i can't seem to find a suitable visa category on that website only "Business", there is no option of choosing the "Standard Visitors Visa". Thanks as you help out.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by realshifu: 4:35pm On Feb 19, 2018
mamateniola1:
God bless you @ekpotek. The questions are under 'my other sources of income' which is another column from 'my salary'.
Then pls who has been able to book for an interview at ikeja center. It is saying only premium and it is 110usd.

@mamateniola1, how were you able to book your appointment? Mine is not even just showing premium, it's show all the time slots, but keeps saying they are not available after i click save and continue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamateniola1: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2018
I woke up early and checked last week Tuesday and I got Wednesday 12pm after refreshing several times. I was happpyyy. I had to stay awake to put my documents and itinerary together.

realshifu:

@mamateniola1, how were you able to book your appointment? Mine is not even just showing premium, it's show all the time slots, but keeps saying they are not available after i click save and continue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by realshifu: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
mamateniola1:
I woke up early and checked last week Tuesday and I got Wednesday 12pm after refreshing several times. I was happpyyy. I had to stay awake to put my documents and itinerary together.

Thank you for your quick reply. I guess i will have to keep refreshing, probably delete my cookies, and try in the early hours of the morning. Coz the thing has frustrated me already. I was thinking of booking this Friday before coz i have to travel down to Lagos, but now I will just pick any day that comes through and get a new approval to travel from my LGI. All the best in our applications. Final question, was it the same website as the screenshot i posted above?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2018
You could actually booking a walk-in-appointment
realshifu:

Thank you for your quick reply. I guess i will have to keep refreshing, probably delete my cookies, and try in the early hours of the morning. Coz the thing has frustrated me already. I was thinking of booking this Friday before coz i have to travel down to Lagos, but now I will just pick any day that comes through and get a new approval to travel from my LGI. All the best in our applications. Final question, was it the same website as the screenshot i posted above?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by realshifu: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
ozymes:
You could actually booking a walk-in-appointment

Thanks @ozymes for your suggestion. But at 89 GBP? That doubles my visa cost. I'll pass. And anyway, that option is not even available on the website. I cant go past the date choosing page, i have not even been able to pay for the Visa application itself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by mamateniola1: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Yes. Same
realshifu:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2018
Yours is cool. Unlike the OP who clearly stated the he didn't indicate the family members in his application in the first place
blank:

Nah. I stated all my immediate family there. I use a hotel booking for the application but put my sister's address at the POE. Sometimes, I might stay with a family friend and put their address. Plans change.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Tanamon: 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello house, please I need an advice from the house Gurus, I started my Msc programme this February in a UK university under a scholarship from a Nigerian government body. Fortunately someone I met here in the UK connected me with his friend working with an organisation that practices exactly my field of study. The person ask me to mail him my personal details and my CV, which I did. Afterwards, he mailed me today thanking me for my prompt response and asking to know the below information

If my Msc programme allow for time off-campus, say duration 6 weeks starting within the next few weeks? Would there be a conflict of interest in regards to compulsory classes, exams, deadlines, etc.?

my answers to the above will inform his decision. Also, being on a tier 4 visa with 20hrs/week work allowance.....how do I answer and go about it.

..........Of course my answer will be in the affirmative, just want to know how to answer his question intelligently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Pharmacology: 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, please I need clarification on this, is a hostel booking with no prepayment on booking.com sufficient for UK visit visa application, and should I include a copy of the hostel booking to my supporting documents, contrary to tge guidelines on documents you must not submit on the ukvi site. Your inputs will be cherished. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by radwad(m): 11:27pm On Feb 19, 2018
Goodevening wonderful people.please what details are we expected to put here?...i your expertise please.
Thank you very much,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ozymes: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
This usually my best part. Give bullet point on your reason for the trip, where to visit, list of assets, other incomes whivh must be supported with authentic documents etc
radwad:
Goodevening wonderful people.please what details are we expected to put here?...i your expertise please.
Thank you very much,

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by fcisca: 11:58pm On Feb 19, 2018
Yes. So long as the booking condition accepts payment on site at the property, it would be stated in the confirmation.
Yes, you have to include the booking confirmation with you supporting documents as proof of accommodation in the UK.
Pharmacology:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need clarification on this, is a hostel booking with no prepayment on booking.com sufficient for UK visit visa application, and should I include a copy of the hostel booking to my supporting documents, contrary to tge guidelines on documents you must not submit on the ukvi site. Your inputs will be cherished. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kunle2030: 6:34am On Feb 20, 2018
Hello everyone.i have been following this thread for a long time tho I never posted.i will like to give back to this wonderful forum cos reading through the pages helped me.So I recently applied for a standard visitor visa and it was granted.i have been travelling to the UK in the last 18 years.i started out with a 6 months visa,then got a 2 years visitor visa twice and went on to 5 years visa.my 5 years visa recently expired so i decided to apply for a 10 year visa which was very expensive but I thought it's worth it if u can afford it and u get it. Here is my timeline:
Submitted at tls ikeja Feb 7,
Transferred to ukvi Feb 8,
Decision made email Feb 16
Collection email Feb 16.

One thing I learnt from my experience is that it is important to keep your application simple and honest.it is also important to have a very good travel history and don't abuse your visa.i have never stayed more than 3 weeks on holiday all thru my 5 years visa.3 weeks was the highest i ever stayed..there were many times I stayed 10 days and sometimes 3 days.

When I submitted I didn't have any payslips cos my company didn't give payslips so what I did was I had to get a letter from my office to introduce me and to state how long my annual leave will be for and also to state my salary.by the way my salary was about 105k naira not a lot really and it was never regurlaly paid.i submitted my personal bank statement with a balance of about 750k and also my salary account with zero balance just showing my salary deposits even though they were not regularly paid.
I didn't have any property so i didn't submit any evidence of one.i submitted letter of invitation,sponsors British passport biodata page and a proof of address from sponsor in form of an electric bill.
Those were all I submitted.infact when i remember when I went to submit at tls ikeja I felt intimidated cos there were people with loads of documents and i didnt have much to submit but alas,my 10 years standard visitor visa was granted.pls keep it simple,be honest and don't abuse the terms of your visa and try to make short trips..thanks justwise and ektokpe and all the contributors thanks for your selfless service.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:46am On Feb 20, 2018
Pharmacology:

Yes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 6:50am On Feb 20, 2018
radwad:
Thank you very much,

Here you can use the additional information page to provide the ECO with important details and information about your application eg a cover note.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by ekpotek: 7:05am On Feb 20, 2018
Kunle2030:
Hello everyone.i have been following this thread for a long time tho I never posted.i will like to give back to this wonderful forum cos reading through the pages helped me.So I recently applied for a standard visitor visa and it was granted.i have been travelling to the UK in the last 18 years.i started out with a 6 months visa,then got a 2 years visitor visa twice and went on to 5 years visa.my 5 years visa recently expired so i decided to apply for a 10 year visa which was very expensive but I thought it's worth it if u can afford it and u get it. Here is my timeline:
Submitted at tls ikeja Feb 7,
Transferred to ukvi Feb 8,
Decision made email Feb 16
Collection email Feb 16.

One thing I learnt from my experience is that it is important to keep your application simple and honest.it is also important to have a very good travel history and don't abuse your visa.i have never stayed more than 3 weeks on holiday all thru my 5 years visa.3 weeks was the highest i ever stayed..there were many times I stayed 10 days and sometimes 3 days.

When I submitted I didn't have any payslips cos my company didn't give payslips so what I did was I had to get a letter from my office to introduce me and to state how long my annual leave will be for and also to state my salary.by the way my salary was about 105k naira not a lot really and it was never regurlaly paid.i submitted my personal bank statement with a balance of about 750k and also my salary account with zero balance just showing my salary deposits even though they were not regularly paid.
I didn't have any property so i didn't submit any evidence of one.i submitted letter of invitation,sponsors British passport biodata page and a proof of address from sponsor in form of an electric bill.
Those were all I submitted.infact when i remember when I went to submit at tls ikeja I felt intimidated cos there were people with loads of documents and i didnt have much to submit but alas,my 10 years standard visitor visa was granted.pls keep it simple,be honest and don't abuse the terms of your visa and try to make short trips..thanks justwise and ektokpe and all the contributors thanks for your selfless service.

Congratulations!!! I tap into your testimony. You have just given a valuable advise to all applicants out there. I have nothing to add, enjoy your trips to the UK until 2028!! However, you tried oh, because the cost of 10 years visa must be more than your monthly salary!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kunle2030: 7:29am On Feb 20, 2018
@ekpotek....i know..it wasn't easy coughing up that money but I just thought I might as well take the risk and that if I get it i wont have to worry about rising cost of visa fees for the next 10 years and its paid off now..atimes in life u just have to do the needful and take risks regardless of how inconvenient it might be..eyes always on the prize.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.