Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534917 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Common sense alone will tell anyone that if you have a serz job or family, you can't stay away for 6 months. Clearly the person has something better to do in the US.
When I read those renewal questions I always wonder why folks post it . At that point stories like 'my aunty was sick so I stayed back to show love and cherish...' Go full the place.
Well everyborry get their life and cross.
You nailed it... I spent like 9 days in U.S I just tire men... Eba with confirm soup I can't find.. Imagine spending 6 months in U.S.. I can't deal ooo grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
demmy01:
Good day house, i have been a silent reader of this page for a long time. I went for my Visa Interview today along with my wife and 2kids and got my Visa. Thank you Lady G and all the leaders in da house, i will post my transcript if the house permit me. Thank you.
Bros post sharpaly... we are all equal here FYI
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
demmy01:
Thank you Lady G, i got to the embassy at abt 9am for a 10am interview.
typing for a long time
VO: CONGRATULATIONS, PICK UP YOUR VISA IN 3 DAYS.....

I didnt hear anything again, just kept thanking God.

i discovered you have to be prepared, study your form very well and pray to God.
Congrats enjoy you stay in U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
seyewest:
You nailed it... I spent like 9 days in U.S I just tire men... Eba with confirm soup I can't find.. Imagine spending 6 months in U.S.. I can't deal ooo grin
..no place like home cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by portmajik01: 9:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
Thanks for the enlightment though I have not really got the NL system of replying messages when I apply the VO didn't know the name was on my passport wasn't my real name he refused me Visa on another ground and I did thump print then but not with e passport my fear now is that if I apply now and they got to know that I have applied with another name before will that not affect my family and i don't want to be ban pls advise thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by portmajik01: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

When you lie. You damage your intergrity. If you have been banned...
If you haven't, your intergrity is still an issue and it will take some convincing for the vo to believe u.

Hello ma thank you for your understanding
The VO didn't refused me cos of my fake name on my passport but on another ground I'm only confused that if I apply now what about my past information with them? And how can I resolve this to avoid been ban? Shld I do affidat on change of name?even some ask me to contact immigration lawyer pls advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by menuhome5: 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
demmy01:
Thank you Lady G, i got to the embassy at abt 9am for a 10am interview. i ignored all dose guyz outside the embassy because i don read dis thread gan. we went thru all d protocols until the guy checking our passport said my wifes ears were not showing and she need to go and take another one, he sha made us spend the 1,500 we didnt plan for. we got in at about 10.45am. we were just praying for favour because the rain don beat us gan, at last we were in front of the VO, me, my wifey, 3yr old son and 10months old daughter and the interview went thus:

VO: GOOD MORNING
WE: GOOD MORNING
kept on typing.........
VO: PASSPORTS
passed our passports
VO: WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN US
ME: WE ARE GOING FOR FAMILY VACATION. WE HAVE NOT TRAVELED AS A FAMILY BEFORE SO HOPE TO SPEND OUR VACATION IN THE US.
VO: WHERE IN US
ME: NEW YORK
VO: WHAT ARE UR PLANS IN NEWYORK
ME: WE INTEND TO VISIT THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, STATUE OF LIBERTY, TIMES SQUARE AND TAKE THE KIDS TO THE CENTRAL PARK
VO: WHAT DO YOU DO
ME: I WORK WITH XXXXX BANK PLC AS A RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
VO: TELL ME YOUR DUTIES
ME: I MANAGE EXISTING ACCOUNTS OF THE BANK, SOURCE FOR NEW ONES. I ALSO APPRAISE AND PACKAGE CREDIT FACILITIES
VO: WHAT DO YOU DO MAAM
WIFEY: I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS. I SUPPLY CABIN STORES TO SHIPPING COMPANIES.
VO: WHAT ARE CABIN STORES
WIFEY: THINGS THEY USE ON THE SHIP
VO: YOU OWN THE SHIP
WIFEY: NO, I SUPPLY THE THINGS USED IN THE SHIP LIKE MATTRESS, PILLOW, KITCHEN UTENSILS etc
VO: HOW MANY STAFF DO YOU HAVE
WIFEY: I HAVE 5 STAFF
VO: ARE THESE YOUR ONLY KIDS
ME: YES, WE HAVE JUST THIS 2
VO: ARE YOU ACCESSING ANY MEDICALS IN THE US
ME: NO, WE ARE ALL FIT
kept on typing....
VO: HAVE YOU APPLIED FOR A VISA BEFORE
ME: YOU MEAN A US VISA
VO: YES
ME: NO, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME
kept on typing profusely, at this point i was so scared
VO: HAVE YOU CHANGED YOUR DOB BEFORE
ME: NO
typing for a long time
VO: CONGRATULATIONS, PICK UP YOUR VISA IN 3 DAYS.....

I didnt hear anything again, just kept thanking God.

i discovered you have to be prepared, study your form very well and pray to God.

CONGRATULATIONS. BUT WHY DID HE ASK IF YOU HAVE CHANGED DOB BEFORE?
Have a smooth fly to US.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by portmajik01: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
seyewest:
Have you traveled out of Naija with your family?

No I have not traveld to any country with them before I'm planning to go to Ghana with them and south Africa will that be ok?pls I rilly need to be enlighted sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teepee85: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
I just want to say thanks to God almighty and to everyone on this forum. I am a silent reader on this forum and I applied for a US visa myself. All I did was to pray, go thru this forum, read different transcript and applied. All by myself(first time). And to the glory of God, I got my visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teepee85: 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Transcript shortly

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2016
portmajik01:

The VO didn't refused me cos of my fake name on my passport but on another ground I'm only confused that if I apply now what about my past information with them? And how can I resolve this to avoid been ban? Shld I do affidat on change of name?even some ask me to contact immigration lawyer pls advise

Quite funny. Okay, so what's bringing confusion now? Fingerprints already taken from you on previous application. The dual name is the main issue now, and she isn't talking of reason for previous refusal. Contact the lawyer oh

Credibility spent by you already oh! Names and DOB (also likely) affected, abi? Apply alone for now so you don't waste too much money, be truthful and upfront both on your DS160 form and during the interview. If not for anything, just go straighten your records out with the Embassy per adventure it may be of help to you in the future. Who knows, just who knows, this could even land you a visa at first try though chances are pretty slim.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:50am On Sep 16, 2016
menuhome5:

Have a smooth fly to US.

On the system, his name was looking like a name popping up having profiles in semblance if I should take a wide guess. Or the the VO was already done with the interview and was just playing (maybe even thinking there just might be something he hasn't covered and could cause him to spill). Lolz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:06am On Sep 16, 2016
portmajik01:

Sorry I can't be of any help to you. The only solution is know to a lie is the truth.
Change of name is an affidavit which u can NEVER be able to defend. You were born with one name, u changed it for visa application and then changed it back again?
Truly I dont understand how folks come up with all the shady advice they give. That's how somebody was asking about change of age procedure.
You will be further complicating your matters and your situation.
I'll be blunt. Every action has consequencies. Face your music now. Apply alone like someone adviced and be honest about your previous lie. You just may get a leninent vo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by halaphilip: 5:29am On Sep 16, 2016
worry359:

It has been said many many times.
The USA visa officers do not look at invitation letters!

Your application must stand up on it's own.
Strong ties to prove you will return home.
Robust finances.

I'm in the US, inviting my 52-year old sister to come help take care of my baby to be delivered in November. She can't even speak English and so will need an interpreter. In this case, what will she have to put in her application and what proof of ties to Nigeria will she need? Actually her interview is next week but I'm curious nevertheless. I'm backing on invitation letter we sent and the my wife's doctor's letter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:37am On Sep 16, 2016
halaphilip:

I'm in the US, inviting my 52-year old sister to come help take care of my baby to be delivered in November. She can't even speak English and so will need an interpreter. In this case, what will she have to put in her application and what proof of ties to Nigeria will she need? Actually her interview is next week but I'm curious nevertheless. I'm backing on invitation letter we sent and the my wife's doctor's letter.
Nobody can tell you what to 'put' in an application or what one can 'have' for a successful interview. The ds 160 is detailed. She'll fill it with her details as is.
When she gets to the embassy she'll ask for an interpreter. The VO's will provide her with one.
As for the documents u sent, its your choice. However, Vo's do not look at documents and are not swayed by it for visit visas. Neither do they look at bank statements or documents to prove ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by halaphilip: 5:42am On Sep 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Nobody can tell you what to 'put' in an application or what one can 'have' for a successful interview. The ds 160 is detailed. She'll fill it with her details as is.
When she gets to the embassy she'll ask for an interpreter. The VO's will provide her with one.
As for the documents u sent, its your choice. However, Vo's do not look at documents and are not swayed by it for visit visas.

Fair enough. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure she has all the information she'll need for the interview. And so far we're banking on only the documents we sent her. At 52 and uneducated, I'm wondering what she'll need to do to convince the attending VO. All in the air right now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:45am On Sep 16, 2016
halaphilip:

Fair enough. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure she has all the information she'll need for the interview. And so far we're banking on only the documents we sent her. At 52 and uneducated, I'm wondering what she'll need to do to convince the attending VO. All in the air right now.
Only her vo can access her WHOLE circumstance and put her on an imaginary scale.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abujaniv: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2016
Bans on travel to the US are applied principally due to material misrepresentation and for overstays of visas. These bans can be for 3 or 10 years or even life. In a case like you're describing, the applicant was likely refused for the typical lack of ties, not for the misrepresentation. The fact that the misrepresentation did not lead to getting a visa means that it was not "material." Therefore, no official ban would be in place. That all said, credibility (or the lack thereof) has no time limit. The individual's fingerprints and photos are forever linked to all their applications and interviews. If an applicant used a phony name or date of birth in the past, the only real recourse is to be open and honest about it in a fresh application. Good behavior and the passage of time can mitigate past misdeeds. I don't see any way that a lawyer could be any help.

portmajik01:
Thanks for the enlightment though I have not really got the NL system of replying messages when I apply the VO didn't know the name was on my passport wasn't my real name he refused me Visa on another ground and I did thump print then but not with e passport my fear now is that if I apply now and they got to know that I have applied with another name before will that not affect my family and i don't want to be ban pls advise thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by demmy01: 7:36am On Sep 16, 2016
i was so scared to, this is my first time of applying, i filled my form myself, but Thank God its nothing at the end of the day.

menuhome5:

Have a smooth fly to US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oneted360: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
oneted360:
Good day people
Pls I need help on this one.. The name I filled in my ds160 form is quite different from d name On my appointment confirmation..my name ends with -mi, but d one on d appointment confirmation ends with -my.. Hope it won't affect my interview

Okay people.. I only sent a mail to support@ustraveldocs.com
With my passport details and it was corrected.. Thanks guys

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
portmajik01:

No I have not traveld to any country with them before I'm planning to go to Ghana with them and south Africa will that be ok?pls I rilly need to be enlighted sir
Forget about U.S for now... As far as I know you're travel risk to U.S why not start with Ireland/Dublin then do schengen visa it's not a sin to go on vacation with your family.You can try U.S around december 2017.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
Teepee85:
Transcript shortly
CONGRATS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
halaphilip:

It's important you provide her with a copy of your International passport,your immgration document and probably your wife own as well.. and the invitation letter is necessary because she can't speak English and you must let her know why she's traveling to the U.S, who she want to visit, how you got into the U.S and how long you've spent in the U.S, they may also ask her how many kids you have as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SelectedWill: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
If u are working and have only 2M naira as financial bank statement and going for interview,is that enough to convince the VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
SelectedWill:
If u are working and have only 2M naira as financial bank statement and going for interview,is that enough to convince the VO?
The problem is this... Even if they won't check your bank statement (Which they won't check anyway) Are you willing to spend around 700k-1M to travel to U.S at this time? if your answer is yes then you're good to go. I don't have up to that when I traveled but luckily for me my flight and hotel was paid for by the firm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SelectedWill: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
seyewest:
The problem is this... Even if they won't check your bank statement (Which they won't check anyway) Are you willing to spend around 700k-1M to travel to U.S at this time? if your answer is yes then you're good to go. I don't have up to that when I traveled but luckily for me my flight and hotel was paid for by the firm.

like how much did you spent? and did you enter via Visitation?
I got an Invitation letter who is an US citizen,can anyone states the Documents I need to take along to the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Amy20: 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Good day all,

Pls is one qualified for Dropbox application of the previous expired visa was gotten from another country?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
seyewest:
Bros, if you want eba, you will find o. Na you no kniw where to look

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SelectedWill: 6:26am On Sep 17, 2016
I got an Invitation letter from my sister who is an US citizen,can anyone states the Documents I need to take along to the interview

if she is currently in Nigeria,do she need to follow me to the interview? what sense would this make?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:42am On Sep 17, 2016
SelectedWill:
I got an Invitation letter from my sister who is an US citizen,can anyone states the Documents I need to take along to the interview
if she is currently in Nigeria,do she need to follow me to the interview? what sense would this make?

Several mistakes here.
USA visa officer is not interested in invitation letter.
VO. has stated that too many documents just get in the way and slow the interview process.
Your sister will not be allowed in with you.

Your application must stand up on it's own.
You must prove that you will return home and that you have healthy finance to cover the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SelectedWill: 8:36am On Sep 17, 2016
I heard someone said if you requested for 2 weeks Visa that the V.O can stamp 6 months for you,how true is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64