Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536151 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pitykitten: 6:52am On Sep 27, 2016
I forgot to mention.
It was my first time applying, the only other documents I went with were : 3 months payslips, offer letter from work and photocopy of my Aunt's passport-data page.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OgaTheTop2: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2016
Trascript... Ohhkay.

I edited my initial post. The appointment time was 07:15am and NOT 9:15am.

Now

Like I said earlier, may God bless the beautiful, wonderful, cool and patient vo in window 1 yesterday (26/09/2016)

Before my script proper, make I do small gbegborun cheesy.

I was dropped off at the embassy by a relative. I just boned all those side huslers and joined the queue. We sha did all the security screening and fingerprinting.

Now, on the queue, I saw a chap that so much resembled Davido. In fact, I wanted to ask him if he was Davido (or somewhat related to him) but I come remember Davido bought a house in the US.. why would he need a visa again? I wondered.

Na so the vo in window 5 enter, started prepping for the day. In my heart, this vo go bad gan ni o shocked. His face looked too serious for my comfort. I prayed silently make man pikin no find himself in front of this vo ohh.. well, I decided to be positive. If I could face interviewers at my current federal organization before I was employed, why would I be afraid of vo Kpatakpata na try again next time.

Now, other VOs started popping up. Vo in window 3 called the first applicant. She was alright...asked the guy necessary questions. Me I just dey observe to see white or blue papers. She approved the guy and refused another applicant.

Vo in window 4 was fair. Fine American. Though she drilled, at the end she approved those that deserved.

Now, my turn. All this while, Vo in window 1 already approved about three applicants. She was so cool...(well on that day sha cheesy). Then came my turn, and I realized I would be queued up on window 5...Haa! Gbese re o!. My heart sunk sad. As I was about to step forward on queue in window 5, the guy directing the queue stopped me, asked me to proceed to window 1. Na so I thank God oh. My spirit was elevated cheesy

At window 1, my Davido guy was being interviewed. Then I heard the vo asked my Davido if he traveled out before...Yes him don traveled before and....fiam white paper, pick up your passport in so so day.. Davido vamoosed.

The vo beckoned me to approach. I did, greeted her. Asked for my passport, scanned it.

VO:
ME: I started rambling about what I do and my duties in office. The vo kept quiet, looked away from screen, looked at me, looked the screen, looked at me again...and said..

VO: You didn't answer the question I asked you.

In my heart, I was like yhaaayy... Mogbe sad cry

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Trascript... Ohhkay.
I edited my initial post. The appointment time was 07:15am and NOT 9:15am. . In my heart, I was like yhaaayy... Mogbe sad
lol, cant stop laughing

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OgaTheTop2: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2016
...before this, I had applied at Abuja Embassy January 2016. New passport. I just had the urge to travel to USA to see some interesting sights.

Vo: Where are you going in the United States?
Me: Boston

Vo: Why?
Me: For tourism

Vo: Do you know anyone there?
Me: No

Vo: Where do you work?
Me: ..... I mentioned a federal University health institution

Vo: How much do you earn?
Me 130k

Vo: Have you traveled before?
Me: Nope

Fiam... 214(b) letter.

Vo: Sorry, you are not qualified at this moment. You may reapply after you might have known our procedures.
Me: thank you.

I know some reasons I was rejected... starting from improperly filling my form to no travel experience. I had my interview about two weeks after my intended date of arrival. I had thought I would get interview date earlier. I also learnt, so late, that the Location to visit should be the state I would be traveling to... I learned this from LadyG and FrontPageLawyer in the part 1 of this thread. I had listed all the sightseeing location I wanted to tour in Boston as Location 1, Location 2........ Location 15! You can all laugh at my stupidity. Even me self dey laugh cheesy.. I believe that was what prompted the Abuja Vo to say something about knowing their procedure.. I may be wrong though.

Well, as things would turn out, my organization sent me on official training course to Ghana. I also decided to go see statue of Mandela, at Mandela Square in Jo'Burg. My application to SA embassy was smooth sailing...Just two days, my visa was ready. Submitted intro letter from work, pay-slips, bank accounts... If I had wanted to abandon my country, SA is enough for me to do that. Those babes, hehn.. Their nyansh, their beauty, the way things work in SA, those night clubs in Pretoria.. lipsrsealed

On a personal note, I believe US visa is the simplest. If you are qualified, you will get the visa...and if you are not qualified, work on your lapses before applying.

Now.. back to Lagos..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pitykitten: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ehen yes. I forgot to add that my sister's POE was Abu Dhabi and it wasn't really funny (to me sha because she doesn't even seem to care)

The officer asked her for her work ID. She changed wallets last minute and didn't have it. Explained to him. He was raking o. That how won't you have your ID, when this is your first trip to the US in how many years.
He stamped her in for a month and wrote limited stay. She didn't fret because her trip is only for 3weeks anyway, so nothing do her.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kobobay(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone in this thread. Just joined because I needed help after being rejected four times at the US embassy in Lagos.

I went for my interview today at 9:30am appointment. I got my visa approved.

Pre-Interview

Arrived in Lagos yesterday from my state, checked in at the Hotel I booked at Etim Iyang Crescent. Then I went out to find something to eat, ate at KFC with cold soft drink. It was delicious. Then came back to my hotel.

Fast forward.

My interview goes this way:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning sir.
VO: Where are you going in the US?
Me: Going
ng a missions minded church, and also doing the video presentation of our church ministry here in Nigeria.
VO: Are you going to get paid for this?
Me: No
VO: I noticed you were here before to attend a school.
Me: Yes, I was here in 2012/2013 to attend Bible college.
VO: Sorry it did not work out
Me: It's okay
VO: Are you married?
Me: Yes
VO: You got kids?
Me: Yes, I have a daughter, and expecting another one soon.
VO: Congratulations, a boy or a girl? A boy
Me: Thank you.
VO: Have you traveled out before?
Me: Yes
VO: Where?
Me: 2013, I went to Liberia and Sierra Loeome for missions trip, and last year, I went to Ghana Pastors' conference.
VO: What does your wife do?
Me: She is stay at home mom
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am a pastor at Baptist Church.
VO: Typed for about 2 minutes.
Me: Just stayed focus and positive at that juncture.
VO: Pick your visa in 3 days, gave me white paper.

I quickly ran out the embassy, just jumping up and down.

Quickly called my wife.

It is God.

18 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 12:03am On Sep 28, 2016
Good day guys? I just came accross this post on nairaland. I need help and advise on what to do! I made two mistakes on my ds-160 ,the first mistake I made was that in between my company's name there is only on 's" but I mistakenly typed two"s". The second ish is that in the intended date of arrival I typed 3rd of October and when I booked an appointment the available date was 25th of October. Please I wanna know if am having a problem with this if I am, I need a possible solutio.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 1:26am On Sep 28, 2016
Good day.Please I have a disturbing issue about my ds-160.when filling my employer details,i mistakenly added a double "Ss" in between the spelling of my company's name instead of one "s" but I spelt it correctly when I was told to briefly explain my job. Please I hope am not gonna have any problem because of that? All other information was filled in correctly. Anticipating for your reply *thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:10am On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
Good day.Please I have a disturbing issue about my ds-160.when filling my employer details,i mistakenly added a double "Ss" in between the spelling of my company's name instead of one "s" but I spelt it correctly when I was told to briefly explain my job. Please I hope am not gonna have any problem because of that? All other information was filled in correctly. Anticipating for your reply *thanks
1. Don't double post
2. A typographical error alone will not cost one a visa. If asked, u explain to the vo. For the other ish, the answer will depend on ur purpose of travel. If u are going for something like school or a conference, then that would pose a problem.
If its for something fluid like a vacation then u can explain to the vo what happened or change your ds 160. For the procedure check the ist page of this thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OgaTheTop2: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2016

Vo: You didn't answer the question I asked you.

In my heart, I was like yhaaayy... Mogbe sad

I stood firmly, looking directly into her eyes...such beautiful eyes. I had thought I heard her say to me; "What you do?". Then I started talking about what I do in my office. We all know some VOs' accents could be confusing and misleading at times smiley

Now, she asked her question again...this time, I had recovered from my initial misfire cheesy

Vo: What is the purpose of your traveling?
Me: For tourism. To visit some interesting tourist attractions in New York.

Vo: Are you a doctor?
Me: No ma, I am a cancer data manager. (That was a decoy question. She probably asked this because I work with doctors, consultants, pathologists in a federal medical school.

Vo: How long have you been working?
Me: Three years eight months now

Vo: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm not married. (Here, my heart skipped a bit)

Vo: Do you have a child?
Me: Yes. I have a love child... (Here my heart skipped double bit. I read somewhere on NL it's a disadvantage you are not married, yet you have a child. Again, I read on this forum where a Vo dispelled such assumption. The Vo said one could be unmarried and still have a child. Well, I decided to say the truth. What if I had answered 'no' to that question and the Vo realized I lied? This would be a big misrepresentation. These people are smart..not with all the "American must know" technologies they can use to dig up information)

The vo typed into her system for about 20 secs. Then she said..

Vo: Pick up your passport in..........
Me: Thank you. God bless.

All I heard was "pick up your passport in"... I didn't hear the rest when I saw the white paper.

See, always say the truth no matter what. Telling lies can come back to hurt. Your ds-160 is the key. Say as much truth. In the section where I was asked if I had been refused before.. I answered 'yes'. I now explained why I believed I was refused and then went on to write more about changes in my circumstances since then.

It's well oh. smiley

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 9:34am On Sep 28, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:44am On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
Am scared to fill another ds-160 because the confirmation page on my application letter would be different from that of the later. What do you honestly suggest I do? Biko! ejo! Am going for vacation and it's my first time.

The exact reason you were referred to page 0 of the thread. That should solve your fears, no issues.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2016
Lady G. I didn't see anything there ooo!!! Pls advise me here .what I saw there isn't explanatory enough
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2016
Omobendel24 please I don't mind to hear your say on this smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
Omobendel24 please I don't mind to hear your say on this smiley

Okay, will spoonfeed you a little against the rules

Did you see the below excerpt on page 0? "Peraventure you wish to change a detail in an already submitted ds 160, fill a new one, submit and call/email the embassy

For US embassy contact Nos and email
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html
https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/mobile/contact.html
I think if you are serious, the above should lead you on to your destination.

I jump you pass just in case you push further on this lane!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2016
I clicked the link it's said file not found
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:39am On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
I clicked the link it's said file not found

Oh, okay. But have you filled another form and submitted? Or you just want to call first? How far away is your interview if I may ask?

MODIFIED: Go back to page 0 and click on the link, it's working
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2016
No have not filled a new ds-160 and have not called. My interview date is on the 25th of October I submitted the ds160 form on the 21st of September and I picked 3rd of October as my intended date of Arrival which is the problem am having now *i just want to know your advise on this before I take any decision. I didn't know that an appointment is always 30 days prior to the day of booking it.
OmoBendel24:

Oh, okay. But have you filled another form and submitted? Or you just want to call first? How far away is your interview if I may ask?
MODIFIED: Go back to page 0 and click on the link, it's working
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
No have not filled a new ds-160 and have not called. My interview date is on the 25th of October I submitted the ds160 form on the 21st of September and I picked 3rd of October as my intended date of Arrival which is the problem am having now *i just want to know your advise on this before I take any decision. I didn't know that an appointment is always 30 days prior to the day of booking it.
Ogbeni, relax.

1. Fill another ds-160 form with your correct details and correct travel information using this link: https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/

2. Send a mail to support@ustraveldocs.com and let them know you realized you might have wrongly filled your submitted online NIV DS-160 form with Application ID: **********.

3. They will get back to you and ask you to log back into your account at CGI https://cgifederal.secure.force.com to update. On your CGI, you will then update the old Application No. with the new one...then save and print.

Do this asap and you will still be able to go for your interview on the 3rd of October.. Goodluck smiley

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
My guy na cafe I do am ooo. My laptop as b3 issues. I no sure say i get the application number o !
Burger01:

Ogbeni, relax.
1. Fill another ds-160 form with your correct details and correct travel information using this link: https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/
2. Send a mail to support@ustraveldocs.com and let them know you realized you might have wrongly filled your submitted online NIV DS-160 form with Application ID: **********.
3. They will get back to you and ask you to log back into your account at CGI https://cgifederal.secure.force.com to update. On your CGI, you will then update the old Application No. with the new one...then save and print.
Do this asap and you will still be able to go for your interview on the 3rd of October.. Goodluck smiley
can't I just explain to the consular? To save the stress
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good day everyone. Please, I intend buying my ticket but the passport on which i have my visa is expired but intend renewing in few days to come. My question is which passport will I use to book my ticket is it the expired on with the visa or the new one am abt to get? Thanks smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
My guy na cafe I do am ooo. My laptop as b3 issues. I no sure say i get the application number o !can't I just explain to the consular? To save the stress
Okay. Sure, you can explain to the consular... Goodluck smiley

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
Burger pls I wanna know wetin dey your mind. Do you feel it's ok for me to explain to the consular
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Burger01(m): 6:33pm On Sep 28, 2016
amanonymous:
It's up to you oh. I'm no vo smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
Burger01:
Okay. Sure, you can explain to the consular... Goodluck smiley
The truth is that this ur question was become spam .
You have been given options. People even went as far as spoonfeeding you. Now u want thesis of opinions. On changing of ds 160 that is the easiest thing to and which people have been doing?
Ok!
Addendum: you have even been given the same options by the VO. And you are still here asking for a debate and opinion?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mr project fame"s brother,sorry anonimos,chill and follow instruction

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pitykitten:
Goodmorning everyone. I finally have a transcript to share. It'll be long because I want to be as detailed as possible, please bear with me.

My interview was for 10am, left home at 6am to avoid stories that touch the heart. No traffic, got to VI around 7:30 and then wahala started. I just couldn't seem to locate the embassy. Lol I was just going up and down. Eventually got to Walter carrignton at 8:30. Na so I decided to sit in the car as per 'I'm too early jare'. Anyhow, when it was 9:15 sharp, I turned off my phone and took only my documents with me.

And that's all folks. My interview was 3weeks after I filled the form, and I've read over a hundred transcripts since then.
Thank you all so much.
Special thanks to Seyewest, my cousin was able to fix the barcode issue.

Tl;dr version: I went to the interview and I got the visa. grin

Congrats... I'm happy for you and we will be waiting for your POE experience.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mizbee: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good day everyone. Please, I intend buying my ticket but the passport on which i have my visa is expired but intend renewing in few days to come. My question is which passport will I use to book my ticket is it the expired on with the visa or the new one am abt to get? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekpotek: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
mizbee:
Good day everyone. Please, I intend buying my ticket but the passport on which i have my visa is expired but intend renewing in few days to come. My question is which passport will I use to book my ticket is it the expired on with the visa or the new one am abt to get? Thanks
Use your new passport to book ticket. Carry bought the new and the expired passport when travelling.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HiliaryAutos(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Honest advise :

I got denied by USA embassy on Monday 26th September 2016...but no hard feelings it part experience, I saw people been given visa and I had hope never knew mine was bad news... I will share some things for you all today. My cousin went to Abuja for his interview and got denied, he told me how he was handled, in Abuja there believe base on documentations not by the questions been asked from you so possibilities of been denied is about 40%

While in lagos where am been denied they believe in a good reason of you going down to United state.

Experience I had: we are not more than 50 People on that day of my interview, I had mine around 7:15am I was there 6am...i did all my documentation and got on the line for interview 7:38am.

First questions was my reason for going down to the United state which I told them.. Honestly my agent was so bleeped and he filled rubbish for me, he state my reason for going down was for a wedding... Wedding of who my anty... My parent did not go it was me that will represent them all... Funny right, stupid him. Guess what again... The name of the anty of going for the wedding for is a yoruba lady while am igbo... Even blind man self go slap me even deny me visa self. But jokes apart... When filling your form do it yourself or make sure you there when your information are been filled.

1. You must have a good reason to go down to United state.

2.book a hotel and have a confirmation from the hotel.

3.Have a good statement of account.

4. When asked your reason for going keep giving them reasons of going there and don't stop talking until you asked the next question.

5.be bold, forget the fear, if you don't understand any question or you don't remember the answer first ask them to respect themselves. At that time think first.

6. Dress neatly sent look hungry or stupid in front of them those guys are psychologist.

7.i Will anyone who want to go for interview to pick lagos for the interview. Pick the one on Island which is 2 water Carrington lekki, lagos.

Those guys don't spend 2mint with you before giving you your faith.... First question there asked everyone was your reason of going there,where do you work, are you married and do you have kids. After that expect your faith maybe good or bad depend on what you answered. So best of luck all.... Am giving it a try again few month time... Am sure this will help anyone planning for one. Thanks and over look the typos typing fast though.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
Shaking ma head...

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89