Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535801 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
tomayira:
Its no news, the Present US travel policy is having a negative effect on Nigerian travellers. According to information from two of my friends (both came back from the US recently) while on a stopover in Turkey and UAE, they came across a number of Nigerians deported from the US point of entries, based on various flimsy excuses. Now the Scrutiny is very intense and phones are being checked, if possible avoid travelling with a smart phone that might bring out unexpected details about you. Travel light and be careful with who you gist with on the plane. Like it or not, I guess Nigeria is the 8th country being affected by the travel ban. Better to be denied a visa than to be treated like a common criminal at the point of entry simply cos u are with a Nigerian passport.
Come on.. is it a must you must drag Nigeria name into this mess... They will ban Pakistan,Saudi Arabia,Lebanon,Indonesia,Colombia,Egypt,Niger etc before Nigeria... The truth is this... A first time traveler should think deeply and carefully before flying Etihad because of the CBP outpost in Abu Dhabi reason been the officers are extra careful and also it's an Arab country.. The CBP outpost in Dublin is cool and it's working perfectly.. if you're spending a week in the states why carry 3 luggage and food items... if you're a Muslim becareful with what you have on your social media.. if you're Nigeria you have to be specific and focus because they know us to be sneaky and brainy.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2017
tomayira:
Its no news, the Present US travel policy is having a negative effect on Nigerian travellers. According to information from two of my friends (both came back from the US recently) while on a stopover in Turkey and UAE, they came across a number of Nigerians deported from the US point of entries, based on various flimsy excuses. Now the Scrutiny is very intense and phones are being checked, if possible avoid travelling with a smart phone that might bring out unexpected details about you. Travel light and be careful with who you gist with on the plane. Like it or not, I guess Nigeria is the 8th country being affected by the travel ban. Better to be denied a visa than to be treated like a common criminal at the point of entry simply cos u are with a Nigerian passport.
you guys should stop spreading rumors here. They vet Nigerians just like the way they vet other developing country nationalities entering from UAE and turkey.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2017
All these different info about America these days don tire me honestly. My prayer is to come back and share my experience at the POE.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2017
kunzo:
All these different info about America these days don tire me honestly. My prayer is to come back and share my experience at the POE.
I dey enter next month no shaking...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
mamateniola1:
@constance234, you quoted the longest post for the day. There isn't point in going back to start picking 'names'. But be a good 'student' next time by either taking to what your 'teacher' said instead of saying you are not the only offender', okay!

Goodmorning good people of nairaland.
Please do not mention me in any of your silly posts again. Over sabi like you , you need to school yourself first
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
seyewest:
they will beat you for complaining about saving space...
Stop your double standard, you also quote posts.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lucas101: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
tomayira:

Like the Nigerian we are, we are struggling to shaa get on the Trump list by fire by force. Keep it up.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2017
Distractions. ISMH
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2017
constance234:

Stop your double standard, you also quote posts.
first of all... I'm not talking to you and if I quote I reduce it to the barest minimum as much as I can.. no need to accuse me of double standard when I don't do it... you come here once in a month and accuse me of double standard.. please take time oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
seyewest:
first of all... I'm not talking to you and if I quote I reduce it to the barest minimum as much as I can.. no need to accuse me of double standard when I don't do it... you come here once in a month and accuse me of double standard.. please take time oooo
You quoted a post i replied to your fellow busy body, so whats your concern if i come here once a month? do you own Nairaland? DB
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
constance234:

You quoted a post i replied to your fellow busy body, so whats your concern if i come here once a month? do you own Nairaland? DB
Don't call me that.. I did not insult you... please don't insult me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by osemwengie1: 9:24pm On Feb 05, 2017
Please am traveling this month oh, precisely 23. What's the update on POE
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2017
osemwengie1:

You are good to go...No. shaking .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
Ever wondered why people with good ties and nice job profiles are being denied visa at all? This is my take on the issue.
Have you ever thought or wonder what the vos are typing when interviewing you? They type you name on google and when it is entered on google, google gives every thing about you on facebook, tweeter, intagram , linkdin and so on. So if you say you did not lie on your application and you are denied, google will not lie.
those of you claiming married and your facebook update shows single, the VO would hve seen that.. you lied you are a banker but on linkdin or facebook you are still looking for job or jobless they will find out.. Delete anything inplecating from all social. media before going to the embassy or coming to the states. Google database shares information with embassies and the CIA.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
osemwengie1:
Nothing to fear.. Be your self and they may soon activate the entry and exit visa monitoring system... so becareful and stay sharp.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by eneyedan(m): 10:54pm On Feb 05, 2017
seyewest:
Nothing to fear.. Be your self and they may soon activate the entry and exit visa monitoring system... so becareful and stay sharp.
How do you mean by entry and exit visa monitoring system?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2017
Classified60:
Ever wondered why people with good ties and nice job profiles are being denied visa at all? This is my take on the issue.
Have you ever thought or wonder what the vos are typing when interviewing you? They type you name on google and when it is entered on google, google gives every thing about you on facebook, tweeter, intagram , linkdin and so on. So if you say you did not lie on your application and you are denied, google will not lie.
those of you claiming married and your facebook update shows single, the VO would hve seen that.. you lied you are a banker but on linkdin or facebook you are still looking for job or jobless they will find out.. Delete anything inplecating from all social. media before going to the embassy or coming to the states. Google database shares information with embassies and the CIA.
They don't use google... you can actually build a good profile on google.. what they use is 100 times better than Metasearch it will bring out all your online footprint and just about anything about you... hack into your email,private conversation etc.. but I believe this is before your interview and sometimes you may wonder why they say ''server is down'' they can actually interview you offline but it's like looking for needle in darkness.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:30pm On Feb 05, 2017
eneyedan:
How do you mean by entry and exit visa monitoring system?
I said Visa entry and exit monitoring system.... google it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2017
Lolz! Wetin dem dey call like this wey I dey see so? Classified60 and Seye; all these una google, metasearch, hacking and kini talk, make una take am easy oh, the matter never reach the level wey una dey think am go for una mind na.... Haba! shocked

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:34am On Feb 06, 2017
OmoBendel24:
Lolz! Wetin dem dey call like this wet I dey see so? Classified60 and Seye; all these una google, metasearch, hacking and kini talk, make una take am easy oh, the matter never reach the level wey una dey think am go for una mind na.... Haba! shocked

That was President Trump first statement on visa policy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 12:40am On Feb 06, 2017
seyewest:

They don't use google... you can actually build a good profile on google.. what they use is 100 times better than Metasearch it will bring out all your online footprint and just about anything about you... hack into your email,private conversation etc.. but I believe this is before your interview and sometimes you may wonder why they say ''server is down'' they can actually interview you offline but it's like looking for needle in darkness.

this is funny oh. if Na so Yahoo boy no go get Visa to USA Na, what they only check is the company you fill and school name you attend.... nothing like hack email, you for say them dey hack phone call conversation too, I for know say Na F.B.I be US embassy office

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:51am On Feb 06, 2017
seyewest:

That was President Trump first statement on visa policy.

Google, metasearch, hacking and mini or what sir? Which was his first statement or contained therein if I may ask? Hope dem don fit trace and know people from ordinary nairaland finish particularly the deceitful ones that still get the visas either way despite the clarity of their immigrant intentions seen here by VOs? That your net too wide bros, e never reach so.... Na terror**** dem dey find?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 6:00am On Feb 06, 2017
Classified60:

My brother... have you been a VO before?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 06, 2017
TWoods:

My brother... have you been a VO before?

Lol i never be VO oo na weytin me just think say e fit happen.... You never can tell..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2017
def111:

this is funny oh. if Na so Yahoo boy no go get Visa to USA Na, what they only check is the company you fill and school name you attend.... nothing like hack email, you for say them dey hack phone call conversation too, I for know say Na F.B.I be US embassy office

which yahoo boy go dey use his personal email address and real name to dey scam... You never can tell those people fit dey check your facebook for computer or your linkdin. lol na just my own thought.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 9:52am On Feb 06, 2017
Classified60:

which yahoo boy go dey use his personal email address and real name to dey scam... You never can tell those people fit dey check your facebook for computer or your linkdin. lol na just my own thought.

if my email is not link to my Facebook account, so they will just use my name check for millions of me on Facebook without me on my display picture...

well I hear another news. how true is this beautiful lie.. Trump’s immigration war as he signs a
visa-free travel policy for Nigerians – Vanguard
http://vanguardngr.local-reports.com/nigeria-favored-in-
trumps-immigration-war-as-he-signs-a-visa-free-travel-
policy-for-nigerians/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 06, 2017
def111:

if my email is not link to my Facebook account, so they will just use my name check for millions of me on Facebook without me on my display picture...

well I hear another news. how true is this beautiful lie.. Trump’s immigration war as he signs a
http://vanguardngr.local-reports.com/nigeria-favored-in-
trumps-immigration-war-as-he-signs-a-visa-free-travel-
policy-for-nigerians/

Thats a fat joke of the century... On what basis would america sign a visa free travel policy for Nigeria... South Africa which is Nigeria's neigbour never had the thought talkless of America wey far with a racist precident.. If that is true then Nigeria is in danger.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keni: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2017
def111:

You suppose know say somethings are not even worth crosschecking, if this was ever true, nobody go show for EIE protest today na
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ramj: 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
Hi Peeps,

when answering my past travel history on the DS-160 form. Would i include transit too.

I once had an overnight stop and had to get a transit Visa to stay in Kenya for a day.

Woukd that count as country visited. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purplish(f): 2:50pm On Feb 06, 2017
I will appear before the court of conscience if I do not give back to this AMAZING thread. My B1 visa was approved today at the US Consulate in Lagos!

Appointment was 9:15am and I was sent to Window 1. Immediately I saw the super handsome VO ehn, liver nearly fail me...but 54,400 cannot waste, so I gathered it back sharp sharp grin

Transcript:
ME: Good Morning (with a polite smile)

VO: Your passport please (after this initial ela oju kan, I immediately switched to my poker face and gave him the passport...just as I read here)

VO: So why are you going to the United States?

ME: From the -- of March to the -- of March, I would be participating in the annual UN high level conference - CSW. I have been invited to facilitate a session on eradicating Gender-Based Violence. (He was checking my passport very critically for God knows what and hardly looked at me as I said all these. I had to summon more courage to keep talking embarassed)

VO: What do you do for work? (Looking at me this time)

ME: I am a Legal Practitioner and I currently manage a girls rights advocacy NGO here in Lagos.

VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before? (He started typing SUPER fast. This was when my heart started cutting embarassed)

ME: Yes. I have been to South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Qatar and Denmark. (He typed some more and finally looked at me)

VO: Thanks for applying. Your visa has been approved...(He then reached for the white paper on his right and passed it to me. I went deaf for the rest of it)

ME: Thank you. (I ran to the toilet to release the hot nervousness-induced wee wee I had been keeping grin)

It was a great experience. But 4 things stood out most for me:

1. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, BE TRUTHFUL. I am a single first time applicant in my early 20s. My income on my DS 160 was 40k...YES, you heard me right. I struggled to fill it honestly because of the general impression that a healthy income and marriage/kids helps demonstrate "ties". I truthfully stated my single status, the 40k income as it is, and filled my sponsoring organization's details. At the end of the day, the VO didnt even question me about marriage, income, or sponsor...I would have lied and shot myself in the foot because I wouldnt have been able to defend it. Rule of the thumb: If the truth wont help your case, lies wont either!

2. Emphasis is not on documents but on your general impression as an individual at your interview. Instead of spending time cooking docs, arranging story that will sell, or hiring agents, please do yourself a favour and READ the 2 visit visa threads copiously in preparation for your interview. This is what helped me, because a week ago if I had been asked what I was going to the US for, I would have just said "attending a conference" embarassed just like I have done in other visa interviews/POE...it worked for other countries, but would definitely not fly for a US Visit Visa.

3. I saw one man arguing with a VO over how many times he went to Ghana in 2016 when his passport was in front of the VO grin Of course you know he was neatly denied. What we don't know is the damage he has done to his future application(s). Biko, dont go and argue or lie.

4. There are so many distractions around the environs of the embassy...Confusion packaged in human form undecided Please ignore all of them TOTALLY...I learnt that here. They dont know jack, but sound like they do. Go inside with your Int'l Passport, Payment receipt, DS 160 confirmation page, appointment confirmation and passport photograph. All you need is inside.

I would post my JFK POE transcript next month. I thank everyone here whose input helped me...God bless you all. Most of all, I thank God for leading me to this thread. Lady Guinivere, mama for the gehs abeg chop kiss kiss

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
@puplish you must be a very smart guy... You may think its luck but no its smartness and your confidence with the manner at which you answered those queations. congratulations

wait a minute did i see you typed 40k salary on your form. That one na luck you must have bath with 20 premier soap in kuramo beach before going for that interview grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by purplish(f): 4:03pm On Feb 06, 2017
Classified60 LOL!

All I did was read this thread back to back, fill my form myself, schedule appointment after filling and pray oh...all within 1 week. I was very nervous about filling the 40k...but that is HONESTLY my monthly stipend from managing my NGO for now. Lady G helped me a lot. I noticed she kept stressing HONESTY. Even the way I answered my qqs was all from info gathered here. If only people could make that sacrifice and READ...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.