Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536015 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damilare5882(m): 10:05am On Feb 09, 2017
seyewest:

Dare as much as you want to enter U.S I must say you did not do any homework at all... How can you do direct flight to New Jersey from Lagos.. we all know it's impossible.... the only direct flight from Lagos is to New York and Atlanta.
thanks for enlighting me sir .. I don't know na .. That's why m asking ..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:15am On Feb 09, 2017
seyewest:

You must have raw cash at least $300 cash with you and maybe the rest in your card.

I understand, just wanted to be sure because I was wondering why he was still disturbed about the GTB MasterCard stuff, almost felt what he wanted to declare was in there and that then, would maybe have been some sort of goof in planning except it were a dollar card sha....

I don't underrate people's thinking on here any longer, at all, including mine sef!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hawklan: 10:21am On Feb 09, 2017
Hi Guys,

i want the good house for assistance, is the option for drop box still available for US visa renewal??

as i want to renew my US visa which is expiring in a month and i dont know what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 11:11am On Feb 09, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@LadyTomi
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. If you want something, invest a bit of hardwork- it ALWAYS pays. In this case, the hardwork os research. Go thru this thread to get a basic understanding of the process.
You are concentrating on purpose of trip. That , however is secondary to ties. If you have ties according to the vo's assesment then any purpose u choose is ok. I can't speak about your ties, I'm not a vo. But I'll ask you to self evaluate. Read the thread, then mentally weigh yourself. If u believe you are qualified for a visa, then pick the purpose that is the truth and fill it. Are you going for a wedding? Say so. Are you going for a vacation? Say so. Don't fill wjat you think will give u a better chance.
The truth gives you the best chance
Then when you read, you will also see tht your belief about 3 month visa is ill concieved. Visas are usually 2 years

@LadyG thanks for the earlier advise. I just stumbled on this thread two days ago and I'm still researching and going through every page but please a polite quick question. Is it necessary for my husband and I to go for our interview with our four months old daughter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2017
hawklan:
Hi Guys,

i want the good house for assistance, is the option for drop box still available for US visa renewal??

as i want to renew my US visa which is expiring in a month and i dont know what to do.

Yes, as long as you meet the qualifying factors, chiefly amongst which is/ including but not limited to your previous Visa not having expired for more than 12 months.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 11:20am On Feb 09, 2017
LadyTomi:

@LadyG thanks for the earlier advise. I just stumbled on this thread two days ago and I'm still researching and going through every page but please a polite quick question. Is it necessary for my husband and I to go for our interview with our four months old daughter?

It depends on all variables being considered together though, but sure, it makes more sense applying with her. Or do you have a reason to leave your little one behind save for the see-through selfish reason of 'ties'? Who then takes care of her in your absence and how too? Mother and child travelling and the husband left behind as a tie even trumps hubby and wifey travelling without the LO of such tender age on many counts IMO
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Princesindy: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello house, I applied for a non immigrant visa with my dad earlier this week, his visa was approved and mine was not on the grounds that I was not qualified at that time. I was to take my dad on this trip to visit my sister and her family and for my dad to rest for a while. He is a traditional ruler (Eze) and is almost 80 years. Now due to his age and frail health condition, he cannot embark on the trip alone. Please what do we do in this scenario? We are thinking maybe I should reapply because I am the only person available to help him travel now. I'm 37, married with two kids and they are not traveling with me. The VO never asked if I'm married or have any kids but asked me about the places I have been to, what I went there to do and my job. I answered him all honestly yet he said I was not qualified. I have been to Russia and Malaysia both on study purposes and my current passport was issued in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I work with a government development agency and the VO said but I'm not working with any of the things studied.

1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaniyisal: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2017
Goodday House,

I went for my Interview with my spouse this morning, but the surprising thing is that..

The Visa Officer said, We will get back to you in two working business day.

And he issued us a white paper with heading of Date, Case Number and so on.

Please has anyone be issue this before after his/her interview.

Thank you as u respond..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaniyisal:
Goodday House,

I went for my Interview with my spouse this morning, but the surprising thing is that..

Thank you as u respond..

Seems you got issued a visa or so oh! Well, CONG....!

Abuja? Hello! Contents of the paper please....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:15pm On Feb 09, 2017
Princesindy:
Hello house, I applied for a non immigrant visa with my dad earlier this week, his visa was approved and mine was not on the grounds that I was not qualified at that time.

A proper interview transcript and the circumstances surrounding the application to the best of your knowledge should be posted here please. Let's see from there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyTomi: 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
OmoBendel24:

It depends on all variables being considered together though, but sure, it makes more sense applying with her. Or do you a reason to leave your little one behind save for the see-through selfish reason of 'ties'? Who then takes care of her in your absence and how too? Mother and child travelling and the husband left behind as a tie even trumps hubby and wifey travelling without the LO of such tender age on many counts IMO

No, I applied for her as well. We intend to travel together as a family, I was just wondering if I need to carry her to the embassy or just go with her passport alongside ours.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaniyisal: 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
There are box to click.

1) You may be requested to do another interview
2) We may request for additional documents
3) Administrative processing.

None of the box were click.

Anyone experience this before

OmoBendel24:

Seems you got issued a visa or so oh! Well, CONG....!

Abuja? Hello! Contents of the paper please....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hawklan: 12:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yes, as long as you meet the qualifying factor, chiefly amongst which is/ including but not limited to your previous Visa not having expired for more than 12 months.

kindly explain this line as i dont understand what you mean by 12 months because i got a 2yrs renewed visa and i travelled once during the 2 yrs visa duration. am i eligible for dropbox renewal??

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaniyisal:
Goodday House,

Thank you as u respond..

There is need for further clarification on your application. Expect a call soonest!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2017
Princesindy:
Hello house, I applied for a non immigrant visa with my dad earlier this week, his visa was approved and mine was not on the grounds that I was not qualified at that time. I was to take my dad on this trip to visit my sister and her family and for my dad to rest for a while. He is a traditional ruler (Eze) and is almost 80 years. Now due to his age and frail health condition, he cannot embark on the trip alone. Please what do we do in this scenario? We are thinking maybe I should reapply because I am the only person available to help him travel now. I'm 37, married with two kids and they are not traveling with me. The VO never asked if I'm married or have any kids but asked me about the places I have been to, what I went there to do and my job. I answered him all honestly yet he said I was not qualified. I have been to Russia and Malaysia both on study purposes and my current passport was issued in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. I work with a government development agency and the VO said but I'm not working with any of the things studied.

The wait time to reapply after an initial refusal is 90days. This is the minimum period to have a change in circumstance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tzetzefly(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
hawklan:
Hi Guys,

Dropbox is available for the same visa category and previous visa must be valid for 2years before expiration.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
hawklan:

kindly explain this line as i dont understand what you mean by 12 months because i got a 2yrs renewed visa and i travelled once during the 2 yrs visa duration. am i eligible for dropbox renewal??

Okay, in simple terms has your last 2yrs visa been expired for up to 12 months (this used to be up to 48 months, but just got cut down lately)? No! So, you are qualified....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
LadyTomi:

No, I applied for her as well. We intend to travel together as a family, I was just wondering if I need to carry her to the embassy or just go with her passport alongside ours.

Okay, dig! Well, you have to carry her along to the interview. In essence, she has to be physically present at the interview....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hawklan: 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Okay, in simple terms has your last 2yrs visa been expired for up to 12 months (this used to be up to 48 months, but just got cut down lately)? No! So, you are qualified....

ok i think that explains it for me.

many thanks for your help wink
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
tzetzefly:

The wait time to reapply after an initial refusal is 90days. This is the minimum period to have a change in circumstance.

Greetings dear guru @Tzetzefly sir! However, this 90days rule isn't compulsory oh, but is only advisable, it could be less, and could even be more depending on how one will advise self based on perceived exigencies and change in circumstance.

Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:44pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaniyisal:
There are box to click.

1) You may be requested to do another interview
2) We may request for additional documents
3) Administrative processing.

None of the box were click.

Anyone experience this before

Oh, okay.... Go with @Tzetzefly's view, that should be correct then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olaniyisal: 2:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
@tzetzefly

Do u have anyone with this issue too.

what will they ask if they call.

tzetzefly:

There is need for further clarification on your application. Expect a call soonest!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
@Aruk16; why not go to the designated DHL office and check? Your passport with visa on it is likely there, no need waiting for them to reach you, it's one of their lapses like I have come to observe! Go quick before they return it to the embassy oh....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaniyisal:
@tzetzefly

Do u have anyone with this issue too.

what will they ask if they call.

What do you think may be wrong from your own observation? Start from there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olantua: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
I saw a mouthwatering deal on Turkish official website. It keeps saying I can't use my card to pay. Went to bank to complain, was told I can't buy dollar with naira. What should I do? Suggested needed.... .this is my first time of booking a flight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2017
LadyTomi:

take her along for the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2017
@LadyGuinivere please how do I know when my passport is in DHL office or I should just go there after three days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SirWahl1: 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2017
mabella2:
@LadyGuinivere please how do I know when my passport is in DHL office or I should just go there after three days
You can track you passport on the appointment booking page.

Just click on coolect my passport/Visa and put in your passport number in the little box. It will tell you the present state of ur passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 09, 2017
SirWahl1:

Just click on coolect my passport/Visa and put in your passport number in the little box. It will tell you the present state of ur passport
I tried that but it keeps saying no status update
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by getostar: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2017
olaniyisal:
Goodday House,

Thank you as u respond..

that sounds like 221g

administrative processing.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2017
olantua:
I saw a mouthwatering deal on Turkish official website. It keeps saying I can't use my card to pay. Went to bank to complain, was told I can't buy dollar with naira. What should I do? Suggested needed.... .this is my first time of booking a flight.
find a way to hold the flight and pay cash in Turkish airline office in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
SirWahl1:

That won't work. Just monitor for the "ISSUED" on the ceac visa status check site (https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx) once seen, give two to three more day and visit DHL whether you have heard from them or not. Crude but it works!

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.