Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538295 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2017
bee2bee:
Hello all,

Please my brother was promoted this month and his salary has changed from what he submitted on his DS-120 form. Should he fill another form and swap. He has booked a family appointment. The initial salary is about 350k. Although he wont be able to get the new payslip before his interview but his employer will give him a letter showing his new level and total annual pay.

I need your candid advise. Thanks
yes if there's a new change to your circumstance it's right for your brother to reflect it in the DS160. I'm not sure they will ask for the payslip anyway.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2017
fiischer:
Weldone to everyone that has took their time answering questions and sorting people out... God bless y'all... Pls as a first time traveller and applying for visit visa is it advisable to go with a 64pages Nigerian Passport? As regards scarcity of the 32pages.. Will it hinder the success of the application? Thank you in anticipation
They won't even notice... The number will have no effect on the outcome of the visa application... Your ties to Nigeria is all that matters.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by A190(f): 7:32am On Jul 14, 2017
Hello. Please I would love to study in a school in SA. Rhodes University, who knows about this school? I don't know much about traveling overseas since I have never been outside Nigeria. I would need some tips from you guys while I read through the thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2017
A190:
Hello. Please I would love to study in a school in SA. Rhodes University, who knows about this school? I don't know much about traveling overseas since I have never been outside Nigeria. I would need some tips from you guys while I read through the thread.
This thread is for people who are seeking U.S Visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asaju10(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Hello, pls is there anything like "2 years US employment visa"?i will need a quick response from d gurus here pls so that i can feed d person back if he's lying or not.Thanks to u all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by A190(f): 8:07am On Jul 14, 2017
seyewest:

This thread is for people with U.S Visa.

Sorry. An oversight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomzee: 8:56am On Jul 14, 2017
asaju10:
Hello, pls is there anything like "2 years US employment visa"?i will need a quick response from d gurus here pls so that i can feed d person back if he's lying or not.Thanks to u all

There's nothing like that. Don't fall prey to fraudsters!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bee2bee(f): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2017
@seyewest thanks for reponding.

How does he go about making the changes? Will it affect his already scheduled appointment date?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2017
The number of pages on your passport makes no difference.

fiischer:
Weldone to everyone that has took their time answering questions and sorting people out... God bless y'all... Pls as a first time traveller and applying for visit visa is it advisable to go with a 64pages Nigerian Passport? As regards scarcity of the 32pages.. Will it hinder the success of the application? Thank you in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:25am On Jul 14, 2017
If asked, he should be able to explain the change in salary.

bee2bee:
Hello all,

Please my brother was promoted this month and his salary has changed from what he submitted on his DS-120 form. Should he fill another form and swap. He has booked a family appointment. The initial salary is about 350k. Although he wont be able to get the new payslip before his interview but his employer will give him a letter showing his new level and total annual pay.

I need your candid advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Macy4real200: 10:00am On Jul 14, 2017
seyewest:

Sorry about that but it's somehow for a man to do wedding gown shopping for his bride.. I know my wife will never accent to it.
Going for vacation is fine enough no need to add shopping etc...
Try again after wedding or after having little ones.
I have a little baby of 9 months now. Wish to apply for fall 2018 admission. Do you think they will deny me based on the fact that I want to go with my baby? Meanwhile, my husband will be here cause he works with UNICEF.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Macy4real200: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2017
Pls house, I really need an urgent reply. Do u guys think I will be denied a student visa based on the fact that I will be traveling with my baby that will be 2 years next year. My husband works with United Nations here in Abuja and will remain in Nigeria while he sponsors me. Am really worried cos I've not read any testimony of such. Pls I need ur advice oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexyj123(f): 11:37am On Jul 14, 2017
it is no problem at all, just prepare to defend how the childs care will not affect your studies, supply them your reasonable plan on it.
Macy4real200:
Pls house, I really need an urgent reply. Do u guys think I will be denied a student visa based on the fact that I will be traveling with my baby that will be 2 years next year. My husband works with United Nations here in Abuja and will remain in Nigeria while he sponsors me. Am really worried cos I've not read any testimony of such. Pls I need ur advice oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:44am On Jul 14, 2017
bee2bee:
@seyewest thanks for reponding.

How does he go about making the changes? Will it affect his already scheduled appointment date?
Not at all... he should write the embassy through the feedback option on the appointment profile page and they will get back to him with the necessary requirement needed from him to be able to swap the ds160 number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Macy4real200:
I have a little baby of 9 months now. Wish to apply for fall 2018 admission. Do you think they will deny me based on the fact that I want to go with my baby? Meanwhile, my husband will be here cause he works with UNICEF.
To be honest I have no idea how the admission/Education/student visa work.. hopefully gurus here will be able to offer more explanation on this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Reine22:
Me I just want to know why people who've never left the shores of Nigeria or gotten a visa are here giving 'advice.' Where's Twoods when you need him?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Reine22: 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
nefertitiram:

LMAO. I'm only trolling. I wanted to see how many people will take the bait. Nice work you're doing by the way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Reine22:

LMAO. I'm only trolling. I wanted to see how many people will take the bait. Nice work you're doing by the way

I kuku know.

That's why I trolled you in response.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by paramajit: 1:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
Good job here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by van909: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pls i need urgent help. My aunt with her b2 visa, is a 1st time traveller to the US. She has already book her flight only for her to be told that she will need PTA of1000usd before entering, and she does not have such amount. Pls advice what to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asaju10(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
yomzee:

There's nothing like that. Don't fall prey to fraudsters!
Thanks i thought as much but can i ask u another question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
GOOD AFTERNOON My good people of Nairaland. To be honest I've missed this Forum.

Nefetitiram, LadyG,Seyewest, Omobendel and all gurus in the house, I throway salute.

please I have some very important questions.

Is there any ban on American citizens who wants to visit Nigeria?
my friend called me now and told me that his fiancé tried to book a flight from North Carolina to Lagos but it keeps rejecting her.

Also, he has been filled for under K1 visa and is still waiting to be called for an interview. but now he wants to go and visit her wife to be by applying on a visitor's visa. can he get the visitors visa since his petition is still on process at the embassy?

please I need a swift advise and response from Good people of this forum as I told him I'm not sure if he can get a visitor's visa but have to ask here first to be sure of whatever I will answer him.

Remember, he has been petitioned for already, but have not been invited for an interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
van909:
Pls i need urgent help. My aunt with her b2 visa, is a 1st time traveller to the US. She has already book her flight only for her to be told that she will need PTA of1000usd before entering, and she does not have such amount. Pls advice what to do.

Who gave her that information?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
My mail, kolawoleoladipo39@gmail.com
osmoses:
There is an accounting and auditing conference coming up in September for students. Cant post details on here so as not to disobey the rules.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suxes2005(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hallos people!

Remember, its better to tell the truth at the interview and
get rejected that to lie!

Always check your DS160 form 10 times before
you finally submit.

Keep copies both soft and hard.

God's blessings to us all.

SHALOM
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
You need money for any trip. Money that will take care of your feeding, accommodation, transportation and for any unforeseen circumstances. The CBP officer would probably place greater premium on physical cash that ATM cards. So she needs to get enough money for her trip.

van909:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
van909:
Who said that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
GOOD AFTERNOON My good people of Nairaland. To be honest I've missed this Forum.

Nefetitiram, LadyG,Seyewest, Omobendel and all gurus in the house, I throway salute.

please I have some very important questions.

Is there any ban on American citizens who wants to visit Nigeria?
my friend called me now and told me that his fiancé tried to book a flight from North Carolina to Lagos but it keeps rejecting her.

Also, he has been filled for under K1 visa and is still waiting to be called for an interview. but now he wants to go and visit her wife to be by applying on a visitor's visa. can he get the visitors visa since his petition is still on process at the embassy?

please I need a swift advise and response from Good people of this forum as I told him I'm not sure if he can get a visitor's visa but have to ask here first to be sure of whatever I will answer him.

Remember, he has been petitioned for already, but have not been invited for an interview.

please oo... make Una help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
please oo... make Una help.
Ask google Na.
Serzly the questions u ask, maybe u just want to yank our chains

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
no please LadyG, I beg you in the name of God.
I've even searched some pages to see if I could get an answer and give him. please help me let me tell him what to do. you can just answer yes or no. I just don't want him to waste 64k.
if as he has been petitioned already and he have not been invited for an interview will affect his application for a visitor's visa, just let me know so that I will tell him not to waste his money.

he called me because I have been very helpful to them from this forum. so, since morning I told him to hold on while I make concrete research on Nairaland and ask gurus.

please I just want to hear if it will affect his intending visitors visa plan or he should wait till after being invited for an interview on the petition and it's outcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sugah: 7:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Macy4real200:
First off, you are on the wrong thread. This is for Visiting visas to the US, kindly search for the student visa thread and ask your question.

However, I'd ask you to rethink going with your child. Have you made a plan of what to do with the baby while you are at school? Unless your husband is able to pay for your tuition, living expenses, medical expenses for your baby and daycare (depending on where you go, might cost you up to $180 a week!).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 9:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
no please LadyG, I beg you in the name of God.
I've even searched some pages to see if I could get an answer and give him. please help me let me tell him what to do. you can just answer yes or no. I just don't want him to waste 64k.
if as he has been petitioned already and he have not been invited for an interview will affect his application for a visitor's visa, just let me know so that I will tell him not to waste his money.

he called me because I have been very helpful to them from this forum. so, since morning I told him to hold on while I make concrete research on Nairaland and ask gurus.

please I just want to hear if it will affect his intending visitors visa plan or he should wait till after being invited for an interview on the petition and it's outcome.

Why not send him the link to this forum to read, research (ask questions as needed) and understand, than acting as a middle man?
Just my thought

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.