Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535978 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 8:27am On Jul 20, 2017
HisSon24:
Hello! Wonderful people. Plesse I need your experience on this, I am going to the US on F1visa with grandma on B1B2. I know it's no p for me to buy one way ticket. Can I get one way ticket for grandma too as we don't want her to travel alone. We are Planing she returns with any of our friends coming home for Christmas then we Will get another ticket that will tally with that of any of friend coming home. Please will one way ticket be an issue for my grandma at the port of entry..... Thanks for your response in advance

She might have problem at the POE, just buy her a return ticket and as soon as you land go to the airline counter and leave the return leg ticket open, this will allow you chose a favaurable date whenever she is returning back to nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 9:22am On Jul 20, 2017
Okebarn:

yes its not a problem because i know someone that know someone inside... Lol u know someone that know someone inside bro u better wake up from ur dream and go and face ur interview if u are lucky maybe ur visa will be approve

I want to know the time it will take so i can know how to plan get flight ticket asap
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shilam(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=Okebarn post=58626992]

yes its not a problem because i know someone that know someone inside......... Lol u know someone that know someone inside bro u better wake up from ur dream and go and face ur interview if u are lucky maybe ur visa will be approve
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by YSPON: 9:58am On Jul 20, 2017
danielayodele16:

Sorry but I tink you av really not learnt anything from this trend. Kindly start from 1 read to page 500 by the time you are through reading apply again if you av spare fund. Trust me you will be granted.
Thank you very much Daniel for your advice. I have gone thru d thread twice before my application perhaps I might have missed out salient points. I didn't really find any situation similar to mine. however I tried to adapt some of the situations to mine.

pls if there is/are any thing you think maybe the problem kindly let me know. I might as well go over the thread again and still miss the point u are trying to make me get. Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mojisolani: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning people,so happy to be here today.
Went for my interview last Thursday and to GOD be the glory I was granted
Picked my visa up Tuesday morning,since last week till now I cant sleep because is like a dream to me,
Went 2012 but I was denied,went 2014 still I was denied based on b1 which is conference .
So I came here with enough patient to read from every success and failure of everyone even till a day to my interview I was here till midnight reading.and to GOD be the glory is a success today.
No story change from 2012 till now still working with the same office and same post.
HMMM,thank you all mostly SEUN for having love for people that want to be successful because this forum is a success to people like me and also to those that give up their precious time to be here to Listen,Correct,Advice and even take Insult from people that are not paying you for your time,I said GOD BLESS YOU. THANK YOU NAIRALAND.NAIRALAND MY SUCCESS STORY

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by danielayodele16(m): 10:09am On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=mojisolani post=58644479]Good morning people,so happy to be here today.
Went for my interview last Thursday and to GOD be the glory I was granted
Picked my visa up Tuesday morning,since last week till now I cant sleep because is like a dream to me,
Went 2012 but I was denied,went 2014 still I was denied based on b1 which is conference .
So I came here with enough patient to read from every success and failure of everyone even till a day to my interview I was here till midnight reading.and to GOD be the glory is a success today.
No story change from 2012 till now still working with the same office and same post.
HMMM,thank you all mostly SEUN for having love for people that want to be successful because this forum is a success to people like me and also to those that give up their precious time to be here to Listen,Correct,Advice and even take Insult from people that are not paying you for your time,I said GOD BLESS YOU. THANK YOU NAIRALAND.NAIRALAND MY SUCCESS STORY[/quote

congratulations..the good lord that did your own will do my own too. please share you transcrip let us learn from you.
God bless you as we wait.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Okebarn: 10:43am On Jul 20, 2017
seyewest:

Get the visa first and go online you will see different prices for flight to USA.
thanks boss.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by srg128: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2017
Okebarn:
pls somebody should answer, what will it cost me to get a flight ticket to US?
Getting a Visa is not a problem

Hi Okebarn. Around $ 500-800 depending on where you depart from. Actually, with so many meta best travel blog search engines to choose from it can get very confusing. And the benefits of all those choices can be swallowed up with the time and effort taken just to find the right provider. Kayak, Priceline, Skyscanner? What else? Yesterday I found some review of the most popular travel search engines. I recommend you checking it first!

P.S. Best hotel comparison site 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
srg128:

Hi Okebarn. Around $ 500-800 depending on where you depart from. Actually, with so many meta travel search engines to choose from it can get very confusing. And the benefits of all those choices can be swallowed up with the time and effort taken just to find the right provider. Kayak, Priceline, Skyscanner? What else? Yesterday I found some review of the most popular travel search engines. I recommend you checking it first!
Those site hardly work for flight leaving Africa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Okebarn: 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
srg128:

Hi Okebarn. Around $ 500-800 depending on where you depart from. Actually, with so many meta travel search engines to choose from it can get very confusing. And the benefits of all those choices can be swallowed up with the time and effort taken just to find the right provider. Kayak, Priceline, Skyscanner? What else? Yesterday I found some review of the most popular travel search engines. I recommend you checking it first!
thanks i appreciate, i will go through it now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
Okebarn:

i appreciate your reply and others.
Truly i've not been a fan of 'Travel' section of NL, and i've not done my research personally.
I'm a final year students of unilorin, about starting 2nd sem exam, when i was called by my big Sis who gave me the update 2days ago, that i will go and later come back for my NYSC, going there to work.
Out of curiosity i asked those questions here, my sis wont like it if i ask for the contact of our in-law overseas who know someone, at an early stage, that is why i brought my curiosity here.
I hope we all get my point sirs

i won't mind helping those that may be having issues getting Visa in the future, just a newbie for now.

My dear, better don't get yourself into trouble that will cost you ever getting visa in future.. Which class of visa are you going with to America to work and come back? And who told you getting visa is difficult? You better face your study, come out with a good grade and complete your NYSC afterwards secure yourself a good job, if you can come out with an exceptional grade na work go find you, with a good job, visa is not a problem in short na visa go dey chase you about.

All the best

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Goldenboy007(m): 11:52am

Quad2100:
Hello Goldenboy007,please i need your opinion on this. My uncle who happens to b a travel agent contacted me n informed me about an opportunity to start a new life in USA. He said he will get a work for me in US company b4 i leave Nigeria and all i need to do is resume work as soon as i get to USA. Please is this really possible n after my visa expires in d future do i stand a chance to renew it. please sir i need ur advise on this

Hey bro,

Let me tell you a little true life story - There is this street hustler from Lagos that wanted to get to US at all cost so he went through the usual unscrupulous traveling agents. The agent falsified the documents the guy took to the US embassy and was caught, the guy got a life ban but he didn't know. Fast forward the years; this guy became a very popular Hiphop artist in Nigeria, he made so much money and promoters arranged a US tour for him. With his fame and fortune he was eligible for an easy visa but his past came to haunt him, he was informed that he had a life ban. Life can be funny at times and every action has consequences. - To your questions 

This is strictly my opinion - except your uncle is a Visa officer even your entry into US is not guaranteed. If you overstay or work illegally in US without proper documentation - and they have your records, your Visa may not be renewed -
Except you apply under a new immigration status then I think you may be reconsidered. 

Let me know if you have other questions - I would be glad to help

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Okebarn:

i appreciate your reply and others.
Truly i've not been a fan of 'Travel' section of NL, and i've not done my research personally.
I'm a final year students of unilorin, about starting 2nd sem exam, when i was called by my big Sis who gave me the update 2days ago, that i will go and later come back for my NYSC, going there to work.
Out of curiosity i asked those questions here, my sis wont like it if i ask for the contact of our in-law overseas who know someone, at an early stage, that is why i brought my curiosity here.
I hope we all get my point sirs

i won't mind helping those that may be having issues getting Visa in the future, just a newbie for now.
Read the through the thread. Most people living in America don't know anything about visa application (and this include those living there legally). The best they do is to introduce you to an agent. The agent will likely misrepresent you in your application and this has future consequence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Okebarn: 2:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
ladylco:

My dear, better don't get yourself into trouble that will cost you ever getting visa in future.. Which class of visa are you going with to America to work and come back? And who told you getting visa is difficult? You better face your study, come out with a good grade and complete your NYSC afterwards secure yourself a good job, if you can come out with an exceptional grade na work go find you, with a good job, visa is not a problem in short na visa go dey chase you about.

All the best

Re: Abandoning Nigeria's Good Life For The Us,its A Blessing If.... by Goldenboy007(m): 11:52am

Quad2100:
Hello Goldenboy007,please i need your opinion on this. My uncle who happens to b a travel agent contacted me n informed me about an opportunity to start a new life in USA. He said he will get a work for me in US company b4 i leave Nigeria and all i need to do is resume work as soon as i get to USA. Please is this really possible n after my visa expires in d future do i stand a chance to renew it. please sir i need ur advise on this

Hey bro,

Let me tell you a little true life story - There is this street hustler from Lagos that wanted to get to US at all cost so he went through the usual unscrupulous traveling agents. The agent falsified the documents the guy took to the US embassy and was caught, the guy got a life ban but he didn't know. Fast forward the years; this guy became a very popular Hiphop artist in Nigeria, he made so much money and promoters arranged a US tour for him. With his fame and fortune he was eligible for an easy visa but his past came to haunt him, he was informed that he had a life ban. Life can be funny at times and every action has consequences. - To your questions 

This is strictly my opinion - except your uncle is a Visa officer even your entry into US is not guaranteed. If you overstay or work illegally in US without proper documentation - and they have your records, your Visa may not be renewed -
Except you apply under a new immigration status then I think you may be reconsidered. 

Let me know if you have other questions - I would be glad to help

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

thanks.
I will definately call your attention if i have any question to ask.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Okebarn: 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
borryworld:
Read the through the thread. Most people living in America don't know anything about visa application (and this include those living there legally). The best they do is to introduce you to an agent. The agent will likely misrepresent you in your application and this has future consequence.
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by callondaddy: 3:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello my Padis please I need someone to look into this for me. I have tried applying for a F1 visa in 2001 and got denied 3 times so I gave up and went to school here. So I graduated n now I work with Procter and Gamble here in Ibadan. I'm a technical officer. I am married with 1year old baby girl. My sister families are living in the US and a lawful citizens . She invited us to come over in march for Easter so we applied in Lagos but got denied and the reason is that my wife was shaking and haven't gone for any interview before but she works in the bank ATM. So I knew maybe that's y he denied us so I am thinking of applying again around Christmas. So anyone can give us any tips and solution to get this. Her sister sent us a copy of her pay stub and front page of her American passport and even an invitation letter. The consular didn't ask questions before he denied us so I knew maybe because my wife was jittery so idk if Christmas is a good time for us to apply again or nxt year. Thank you guys. I love this thread. Keep it up guys.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
callondaddy:
Hello my Padis please I need someone to look into this for me. I have tried applying for a F1 visa in 2001 and got denied 3 times so I gave up and went to school here. So I graduated n now I work with Procter and Gamble here in Ibadan. I'm a technical officer. I am married with 1year old baby girl. My sister families are living in the US and a lawful citizens . She invited us to come over in march for Easter so we applied in Lagos but got denied and the reason is that my wife was shaking and haven't gone for any interview before but she works in the bank ATM. So I knew maybe that's y he denied us so I am thinking of applying again around Christmas. So anyone can give us any tips and solution to get this. Her sister sent us a copy of her pay stub and front page of her American passport and even an invitation letter. The consular didn't ask questions before he denied us so I knew maybe because my wife was jittery so idk if Christmas is a good time for us to apply again or nxt year. Thank you guys. I love this thread. Keep it up guys.

Why was your wife jittery, visa is not a do or die affair, once you have that at the back of your mind, it will help you relax.mind you it may not have been your wife composure but probably your history with them. You need to think back, what info did you provide in your previous application vis a vis this your last application? Weigh it well before you make any further move.

All the best

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by callondaddy: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
ladylco:

Why was your wife jittery, visa is not a do or die affair, once you have that at the back of your mind, it will help you relax.mind you it may not have been your wife composure but probably your history with them. You need to think back, what info did you provide in your previous application vis a vis this your last application? Weigh it well before you make any further move.

All the best

I was going for an F1 visa then. Then that was done by an agent and I was there when he was filling the DS 160. The only thing I didn't remember was the date I went for those interviews but I didn't ask me when I was filling the ds160 for the family package. The only question is have you been denied before and I said yes. Please house look into this for me to know what ad what I needs to do to get it. I have ties here in Nigeria. I have a house on my own n I have every documents to back that up. Maybe I can take that along when I was going next.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone, I was invited for convention in US that will take place next month.. please what's my chances of getting visa... I hv not travel before.. please someone talk to me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by adeptonlin(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Zenna:
Hello everyone, I was invited for convention in US that will take place next month.. please what's my chances of getting visa... I hv not travel before.. please someone talk to me.
Please gimme the site u registered for the conference. Want to register for a conference too. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
danielayodele16:

Sorry but I tink you av really not learnt anything from this trend. Kindly start from 1 read to page 500 by the time you are through reading apply again if you av spare fund. Trust me you will be granted.
Was thinking a 70k salary is too small to sponsor oneself on a usa trip. What's your. Suggestion?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TheEnforcer: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
Zenna:
What's your status?Are you married?Do you have a job?Explain your situation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TheEnforcer: 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
IHate9ja1:

Was thinking a 70k salary is too small to sponsor oneself on a usa trip. What's your. Suggestion?
Ihate9ja,during the DV Lottery days ,you were so bent on travelling to the usa,you really loathed Nigeria.But you werent selected .I wonder what has changed now.You don't seem keen on travelling to the us a any longer.Right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
TheEnforcer:
Ihate9ja,during the DV Lottery days ,you were so bent on travelling to the usa,you really loathed Nigeria.But you werent selected .I wonder what has changed now.You don't seem keen on travelling to the us a any longer.Right?
Such is life, not all things go as planned!
I work for a civil construction firm now while am into some side hustle as well.
For me, traveling to the usa now would purely be for vacation as I would love to visit disney land and the Iconic main street, venice beach is nice too.. all in LA but that's only if probably I am granted visa which isn't a do or die affair anymore for me coz it's a privilege.
Would probably apply when I have saved enough,but currently I assure you it isn't anytime soon
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
1. Did you state that you were rejected, when filling your form?
2. Did you lie/misrepresent in your F1 form?
3. You could be under a ban, but the VO says if this is the case, you will be told but sometimes that's not always the case.

callondaddy:

I was going for an F1 visa then. Then that was done by an agent and I was there when he was filling the DS 160. The only thing I didn't remember was the date I went for those interviews but I didn't ask me when I was filling the ds160 for the family package. The only question is have you been denied before and I said yes. Please house look into this for me to know what ad what I needs to do to get it. I have ties here in Nigeria. I have a house on my own n I have every documents to back that up. Maybe I can take that along when I was going next.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by callondaddy: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Did you state that you were rejected, when filling your form?
2. Did you lie/misrepresent in your F1 form?
3. You could be under a ban, but the VO says if this is the case, you will be told but sometimes that's not always the case.

yes I filled denied and I don't think I was under a ban. I was just denied then and I didn't lie about anything when I was filling my ds160. I still feel I was unlucky cause the second lady almost gave me the visa she just changed her mind because I was the last person on that day to be interviewed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
Sorry about that.
callondaddy:

yes I filled denied and I don't think I was under a ban. I was just denied then and I didn't lie about anything when I was filling my ds160. I still feel I was unlucky cause the second lady almost gave me the visa she just changed her mind because I was the last person on that day to be interviewed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
TheEnforcer:
What's your status?Are you married?Do you have a job?Explain your situation
Not yet but I'm engaged, I am a business woman..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by expertman(m): 1:07am On Jul 21, 2017
hello house i need help i didn't Finished filling my ds 160 only copied my confirmation number and quickly used that in processing my appointment so as to get a good date,

eventually couldn't get a good date so i applied for expedite appointment now it has been approved and appointment date changed.

so i wanted to login back into my ds 160 to get all done but couldn't gain access showing the following :

Surname does not match.
Year of Birth does not match.
The answer for the security question is incorrect.

so i think my best option is filling another ds160 now i cant cancel and rebook appointment as it can only be done twice.

please what can i do so that my appointment confirmation can carry my new DS160 Confirmation number?

i know i can update profile on appointment booking portal but dont know if that will make things work fine.

please help is needed on what to do.

thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HisSon24: 3:32am On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for your response. we will get a round trip for her to avoid any drama
ladylco:

She might have problem at the POE, just buy her a return ticket and as soon as you land go to the airline counter and leave the return leg ticket open, this will allow you chose a favaurable date whenever she is returning back to nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HisSon24: 3:36am On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks... well said
9jaStar:
As long as you plan for her to return, might as well buy Hera return ticket and save yourself the trouble.
First of all, the return ticket is cheaper, and if you buy a flexible ticket, you can actually make a free date change.
Second, it invites less scrutiny.
I flew on a one-way ticket recently, and I was just vexing for myself.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HisSon24: 3:38am On Jul 21, 2017
Thanks. Round trip will do the job
Oseni007:
I think it might be, B1/B2 visa holders are expected to have a return ticket.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:07am On Jul 21, 2017
expertman:
hello house i need help i didn't Finished filling my ds 160 only copied my confirmation number and quickly used that in processing my appointment so as to get a good date,

eventually couldn't get a good date so i applied for expedite appointment now it has been approved and appointment date changed.

so i wanted to login back into my ds 160 to get all done but couldn't gain access showing the following :

Surname does not match.
Year of Birth does not match.
The answer for the security question is incorrect.

so i think my best option is filling another ds160 now i cant cancel and rebook appointment as it can only be done twice.

please what can i do so that my appointment confirmation can carry my new DS160 Confirmation number?

i know i can update profile on appointment booking portal but dont know if that will make things work fine.

please help is needed on what to do.

thanks in anticipation

You won't cancel. Just go to update profile and put in the new ds160 number. You can change it yourself now. Then you go to appointment confirmation and print out the new appt confirmation

(1) (2) (3) ... (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.