Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534097 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yeah, the "O" (oh) for zero (0) after the "A" most likely.
cheesy i find it funny cos i made same mistake some years back while booking a flight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
asid:
Mornings, do permit my asking, please do banks have different PTA exchange rates?
Well from my personal experience yes. With different charges as well.

Experience with diamond, gtb, stanbic , eco and fidelity banks.

Fidelity was the most friendly of them all with no charges. Diamond and Eco were the worst. Eco charged my friend 30k extra
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolapower: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
OmoBendel24:

After reading this thread? Omashe oh!. When you have actually read this thread, we will know and then willingly and joyfully be on same page with you.
u can see why dis write-up is referring to u.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
zolapower:
Chairman you may have to clean up your house first before gunning for others.
The question you asked, you can get it by READING the appropriate pages in the same us embassy website. It's VERY easy to get the answers by yourself.
Frankly. In my honest opinion, asking that question demonstrates indolence on your part. And Ijebu ishness. You don't wanna pay an agent but u want folks here to research for you... Free. Hmmmm.
Take bendels advice. Read. Then ask for clarification

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolapower: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Chairman you may have to clean up your house first before gunning for others.
The question you asked, you can get it by READING the appropriate pages in the same us embassy website. It's VERY easy to get the answers by yourself.
Frankly. In my honest opinion, asking that question demonstrates indolence on your part. And Ijebu ishness. You don't wanna pay an agent but u want folks here to research for you... Free. Hmmmm.
Take bendels advice. Read. Then ask for clarification
most of u guys needs to have ur brain check before mention others . U just dabble in to a comment and the next is just to stsrt insulting . Besides ,u ain't the owner of the thread ,so why running bunkers for my head ache ?
I would rather u stop it already.mind ur business okay . I may insult ur parents if u have any that is truth . Because going by your response above it shows u are a little kid. Please mind ur business ,after all u did not see me mention anyone let alone u. So why are u getting mad about my question ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
NNA MEHN. YOU ARE A WALKING EMBODIMENT OF 'STRONG TIES'. I GET THE FEELING THE VO WAS IN A RUSH TO JUST GIVE YOU THE VISA, BUT HAD TO FULFIL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. CONGRATULATIONS!

benolala:
Hi guys, I had my interview today in Abuja 7:30am... VO was very professional... My dress code was black suite with pink shirt no tie...

I was called to counter 8 then with a smile the VO first greeted.

VO: Good morning
Me: Morning, how you doing?
VO: I am fine, thanks (smile)
Please can you put your left four fingers, then right four fingers then both fingers (with little difficulty I did)
VO: why are you going to Florida?
Me; for holidays to attend the Bleep conference and visit some tourist sites.
VO; how did you hear about this conference?
Me: I am a professional member of Bleep orginasing the conference so I have been following updates. I was to attend last year but due to work couldn't make it so now I have 20 days holiday approved by my company.
Vo: Who is paying for the conference?
Me: I am responsible for the trip.
VO; what do you do?
Me: I am a Business Analyst with Bleep company
VO: what is your montly salary
Me: 270,000
VO; Is it a big company? Like how many staffs
Me: yes it's a big company with 27 staffs (I was surprised because our company is a multinational hospitality franchise)
VO; do you own the company?
Me; No it's own by my elder brother and like a family business
VO: Did you say you are paying for the trip?
Me: Yes I am
Vo: Do you have any relative in Florida?
Me: No I don't nit even in the US
VO: I see you have been to Ireland?
Me: Yes, for studies.
Vo: what did you study?
Me: Electronics and Computer Systems Engineering from DIT and Masters in Business Management from AIB
VO: Apart from Ireland which other countries have you visited?
Me: Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Macua
Vo: Are you married?
Me: No, but I have a daughter
Vo: Your x wife where is she?
Me: She is here in Nigeria with my daughter
VO: Ok here is a guide on how to get your passport. Do have a nice day.
ME: You too... thanks (smile)

So guys that was it... I hope someone can also learn one or two things from my experience. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
No one is going to do your research for you. If you want to go to the US, set aside sometime to do a little research on this forum and if your question is still not answered, you can ask. See, doing your own research on this forum will make the difference in an interview, most of the questions asked, have been 'over-answered'. I don't want to believe Nigerian applicants are too lazy to research, that's a bad generalization.

zolapower:
most of u guys needs to have ur brain check before mention others . U just dabble in to a comment and the next is just to stsrt insulting . Besides ,u ain't the owner of the thread ,so why running bunkers for my head ache ?
I would rather u stop it already.mind ur business okay . I may insult ur parents if u have any that is truth . Because going by your response above it shows u are a little kid. Please mind ur business ,after all u did not see me mention anyone let alone u. So why are u getting mad about my question ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
No one is going to do your research for you. If you want to go to the US, set aside sometime to do a little research on this forum and if your question is still not answered, you can ask. See, doing your own research on this forum will make the difference in an interview, it gives you confidence, besides most of the questions asked, have been 'over-answered'. I don't want to believe Nigerian applicants are too lazy to research, that's a bad generalization.

zolapower:
I have purchased an application form via an agent last Oct and later didnt use it due to some issues I have with the agent regarding the amount charged after I must have obtain the visa .
However, I have decided not to use the agent again. But after reading this thread I decided to do it on my own . I need you to furnish me with requirement as I'm a first time applicant . Thank u sir / ma.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolapower: 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
No one is going to do your research for you. If you want to go to the US, set aside sometime to do a little research on this forum and if your question is still not answered, you can ask. See, doing your own research on this forum will make the difference in an interview, it gives you confidence, besides most of the questions asked, have been 'over-answered'. I don't want to believe Nigerian applicants are too lazy to research, that's a bad generalization.

my brother may God bless you . This is the type of response I was expecting from the ITK guy who knows nothing .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
1. Loool. I am not saying you are banned. But the fact is most VO's never tell you, that you are banned. So you keep coming again and again.

2. Even if you are not banned and the issue is credibility, they never tell you 'you have a credibility issue, so we advise you don't apply again.'
On a lighter note, I wonder what's the difference between rejecting an application due to credibility issues vs banning an applicant...

olulumdp:
Banned Ke? Please can you tell me why you reasoned the Ban situation?
Is it likely i could have been banned?
I must have been refused based on my ties or other things and not because of stating I have an uncle in the US and the Ghana and Togo travel history (I didn't have fake stamp or so on passport) - which was the lies in the form... and there is no way the VO would have known.

I decided to come clean now because im not comfortable with the lies. So I believe they will be knowing about the lies just during the new interview.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. Loool. I am not saying you are banned. But the fact is most VO's never tell you, that you are banned. So you keep coming again and again.

If banned, you will expressly be told, the VOs have said so severally too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
zolapower:

No wahala! We are here together dear "purchaser of application form" angry.... undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2017
I get.
But then there is also a case, where the VO may or may not tell the applicant that his or her credibility is at stake. So applications are there after rejected based on 'credibility issues', that's a ban by another name.

OmoBendel24:

If banned, you will expressly be told, the VOs have said so severally too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
I get.
But then there is also a case, where the VO may or may not tell the applicant that his or her credibility is at stake. So applications are there after rejected based on 'credibility issues', that's a ban by another name.

Lolz! But your credibility may and can be improved/restored with time and deeds either deliberately, mistakenly or naturally, and visa even issued as it gets better, and that's quite different from a ban.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
zolapower:
Seen.
But if you can't handle responses on a public thread. Maybe you shouldn't ask questions. When you cast your net expect whatever you catch.
Happy researching. Good night

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oladeyle: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
I'm loving this trend.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damisa03: 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hi guys, I just want to make an enquiry for a friend of my that wants to apply for a b1/b2 visa. Actually he as 9month left before is passport expires, can he still use it or he as to apply for a new passport. Because on the website they usually say your passport should be valid for about 6month. And Could it also stand as a refusal if he doesn't have up to 2years on his passport. Thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oladeyle: 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
I'm loving this trend
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
Damisa03:
Hi guys, I just want to make an enquiry for a friend of my that wants to apply for a b1/b2 visa. Actually he as 9month left before is passport expires, can he still use it or he as to apply for a new passport. Because on the website they usually say your passport should be valid for about 6month. And Could it also stand as a refusal if he doesn't have up to 2years on his passport. Thanks for your response

I believe he should be good, in as much as the websites states 6months, but if he can renew his passport bfr applying, all well and good but it doesn't affect his "chances" at the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2017
Na wa chairlady be dat o! The brain behind the thread. I must tell you the way you asked that question determine how you are answered. All we do here is read and read. All issues has been treated and addressed. Invest that 400k by reading from page zero to the current page. Am so sure after getting your visa, later you will come back to thank us.
zolapower:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:51am On Aug 16, 2017
OtunOba15:
Na wa chairlady be dat o! The brain behind the thread. I must tell you the way you asked that question determine how you are answered. All we do here is read and read. All issues has been treated and addressed. Invest that 400k by reading fro m page zero to the current page. Am so sure after getting your visa, later you will come back to thank us.
lol. No be only chairlady. Last week I was promoted to tablelady o! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:34am On Aug 16, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

lol. No be only chairlady. Last week I was promoted to tablelady o! cheesy

cheesy Lolz! Numerous uno always. Great day ahead Sis....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by olystic: 6:43am On Aug 16, 2017
My profile is single, I have worked for 4 years in a multinational food manufacturing company as a production technician. I earn about 345505 NGN which I filled in my application. During my last leave holiday I visited three African countries, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya. This year my leave holiday starts in the month of September, so I decided to spend it in the us, New York, so I applied for the us visit visa to spend 7days in the us. To my surprise after been interviewed I was denied a visa. Could someone tell me where I got it wrong. From the interview I answered all questions to the best of my knowledge.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolapower: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Seen.
But if you can't handle responses on a public thread. Maybe you shouldn't ask questions. When you cast your net expect whatever you catch.
Happy researching. Good night
madam or oga the person I sent the message knows himself ,please I was not referring to u. After all we all are not destined to visit the us ,if all u do here is to insult people before you help them then I don't think it s necessary .
I must say I was happy when I read about how one can work ( the American visa) it out himself without going through any agent and the question I asked shouldnt cause a sleepless night for u guys na. " Don't u know what they call "Waka pass" since u are Mr know all without mistake all u were suppose to do is to jmp and pass my question.
The first guy who should have talked in more reasonable manner chose to start with an insult . I am not begging u guys for money to do my processing . Or what u guys are waiting for his to read the person's comment and then insutl him her with her problem ? I thought u guys are here to proffer solutions to the teeming challenges prospective travellers may be facing in applying for the visa . After all the so - called agents were once in my shoes bf they bcome agent , they didn't go to school for it . With this do u guys think I'm impressed ......? . It is on this same nairaland someone once posted a thread about how a first time Traveller to ( a journalist) America did everything from Start to finish without the help of an agent and he was offered a visa without much - ado,besides most agent have not had a travelling knowledge bf and u commit a life savings into there hands . I will rather I don't ask any more questions . Thanks av a nice day
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18am On Aug 16, 2017
Ok. Have a nice day too sir @ Zolapower

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Tiyanya: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2017
Sorry about that, but you may have to post your transcript so we know what really went wrong...
olystic:
My profile is single, I have worked for 4 years in a multinational food manufacturing company as a production technician. I earn about 345505 NGN which I filled in my application. During my last leave holiday I visited three African countries, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya. This year my leave holiday starts in the month of September, so I decided to spend it in the us, New York, so I applied for the us visit visa to spend 7days in the us. To my surprise after been interviewed I was denied a visa. Could someone tell me where I got it wrong. From the interview I answered all questions to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2017
zolapower:
madam or oga the person I sent the message knows himself ,please I was not referring to u. After all we all are not destined to visit the us ,if all u do here is to insult people before you help them then I don't think it s necessary .
I must say I was happy when I read about how one can work ( the American visa) it out himself without going through any agent and the question I asked shouldnt cause a sleepless night for u guys na. " Don't u know what they call "Waka pass" since u are Mr know all without mistake all u were suppose to do is to jmp and pass my question.
The first guy who should have talked in more reasonable manner chose to start with an insult . I am not begging u guys for money to do my processing . Or what u guys are waiting for his to read the person's comment and then insutl him her with her problem ? I thought u guys are here to proffer solutions to the teeming challenges prospective travellers may be facing in applying for the visa . After all the so - called agents were once in my shoes bf they bcome agent , they didn't go to school for it . With this do u guys think I'm impressed ......? . It is on this same nairaland someone once posted a thread about how a first time Traveller to ( a journalist) America did everything from Start to finish without the help of an agent and he was offered a visa without much - ado,besides most agent have not had a travelling knowledge bf and u commit a life savings into there hands . I will rather I don't ask any more questions . Thanks av a nice day

Why not just take it easy, people make jokes directly or indirectly and if someone did and got on your bad side, you could simply have said so, believe me the reply to your first post was just that a joke but your reply....whether you admit or not (even if you don't intend asking any more questions) more of the answers if not all are between page 0 & this, so you still should be appreciative of efforts put in to have grown this to this point. On a platform of such (Nairaland) age, status or whatever isn't a factor whatsoever and I believe one's goal should be the focus and not the rights or wrongs. Through it all, it's remain still a learning process for us all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zolapower: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2017
asid:

Why not just take it easy, people make jokes directly or indirectly and if someone did and got on your bad side, you could simply have said so, believe me the reply to your first post was just that a joke but your reply....whether you admit or not (even if you don't intend asking any more questions) more of the answers if not all are between page 0 & this, so you still should be appreciative of efforts put in to have grown this to this point. On a platform of such (Nairaland) age, status or whatever isn't a factor whatsoever and I believe one's goal should be the focus and not the rights or wrongs. Through it all, it's remain still a learning process for us all

bros I agree with and am so sorry for any action I must have taking . U see some people can be very annoying when they answer ur questions. If u check my question I never quoted anyone in the first place before i asked my question and when u are suppose to get a good and meaningful response ,insult is what u get first .
I know it not easy coming here and sharing experience u have gannered in the cause of this Visa processing ,but at least other people should be respected and there views too should count ( i:e if it's a sensible view) some" I too know " people will hijack the thread and or post and make the whole thing bcome meaningless and absurd .
I read a comment from a young guy who based abroad he said except the person millonare before he can be issued a visa and the response that came afterwards was so intelligent. The owner of the post made him or her to know that it's a big fat like that it doesn't follow . Imagine if there's was no counter - response to the guys comment person like me will chicken out . Most jokes atimes that's targeted at a person is just to size up someone and some will be to heal u and u will laugh over it. Yhere are some who doesn't have regards for there parents so once they pick their keypad dey are looking for any innocent peorsn to try their frustration at . And u want to attribute that to jokes. ? If God say I will visit America then I will and if not am better of here in Nigeria ,the government and my family members are not complaining about me so why can't I wait till God's appointed time .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bluegirl080115: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2017
Damisa03:

Your friend should either wait for renewal of the passport in a few months time or go ahead with it

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by uchevolata: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2017
Dear house,

1). I want to apply for a tourist visa to include my 4 years old nephew to travel with me for a 3 weeks visit having his parents and his school consent.

2). I hope my application will not be turned down since his parents are not applying with me?

3). I have had US visas and traveled...

Please advise, it's just a visit and intention to return and continue with my work and his school.

Looking for to your reply.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lightdream: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hello House, I have been following these part of the thread lately and will be paying visit on my next holiday. please to get enlighten where will you advise I start reading from to have better coverage.am sorry if question sound displeasing to anyone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
lightdream:
Hello House, I have been following these part of the thread lately and will be paying visit on my next holiday. please to get enlighten where will you advise I start reading from to have better coverage.am sorry if question sound displeasing to anyone.

Read the very first page on this thread.

From there you can either follow the links or use google to find the US embassy website. The stages from payment to form filling and appointment booking are clearly outlined.

After that, read a substantial amount of this thread and self evaluate yourself objectively. From a statitistcs of the transcripts, do u feel u have sufficient ties? If yes then proceed

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.