Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531438 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2017
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO TO A PLACE THAT'S JUST BEEN AFFECTED BY A HURRICANE ?

buddwizer:
Hello everyone, please what visa category would a toddler accompanying his mum for child birth in the US apply for. would it also be b2?

Also is it okay to to select Houston as a birthing destination for someone intending to travel early December and deliver sometime in January considering the damage done by the recent hurricane Havey?

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bigabbey22: 9:20pm On Sep 10, 2017
Pls I need ur advice, I got my visa 4 months ago, and I've already booked my ticket from lagos to houston texas, I leant that hurricane is disturbing them in houston, hope I will not have challenges at point of entry because of flooding in texas, Because am leaving next month, thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:30pm On Sep 10, 2017
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO TO A PLACE THAT'S JUST BEEN AFFECTED BY A HURRICANE ?

Bigabbey22:
Pls I need ur advice, I got my visa 4 months ago, and I've already booked my ticket from lagos to houston texas, I leant that hurricane is disturbing them in houston, hope I will not have challenges at point of entry because of flooding in texas, Because am leaving next month, thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
Good evening house, I was denied a visa last week.. Prior to the interview ,my daughter got really cranky and it really got me stressed. As a result,I couldn't answer the questions well cos I was also trying to pacify her..
In this case,how soon do I apply, my vacation starts first week of October..
I am quite sad because I didn't see it coming..
I am not considering waiting for a change in circumstances cos I don't know what could change; I am married with four kids, been at my job for close to 12 years, recently got a promotion, been to over eight countries..my first degree wasn't even in Nigeria.
My husband isn't keen on travelling and I can't handle four kids on a vacation, hence my decision to travel with my 19 year old baby only
.I am just confused here..
transcript:
Same VO that did biometrics interviewed me
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: why are you going to the US
Me: Tourism
VO: where in the US?
Me: New York
VO: why New York
Me: I want to visit places such as Empire state building , statue of liberty, American museum of natural history which is very close to my hotel...
VO: where is your husband?
Me: I just mentioned where he works(think I should have elaborated)
VO: have you travelled before?
Me: Yes,listed the countries
VO: Do you have the passport?
Me: yea, passed it to her and she flips through
VO: have you lived in the UK before?
Me: No..visited thrice( I realised that I didn't give her the passport that had the exit stamp for the last UK visit)
VO: how long have you worked?
Me: 11 years plus
Types...... and blue paper..
All these while I had to pace in a bid to pacify my baby who wanted to run around..
I just feel I had an unsympathetic VO... but oh well..I need to see what America looks like..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 11, 2017
Pushy8 sorry for your delay.. Just read 3 pages backward ur answer is there looking at you.. Read those transcript very well..

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:11am On Sep 11, 2017
@pushy sorry dear
You are one of the few people that I say this to.
Reapply immediately. Cover the short comings you mentioned. Go to town with that space in the ds 160 asking why you were refused. State all the above and include why you feel you weren't adjudged fairly

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 9:11am On Sep 11, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2017
pushy8:
Good evening house, I was denied a visa last week.. Prior to the interview ,my daughter got really cranky and it really got me stressed. As a result,I couldn't answer the questions well cos I was also trying to pacify her..
I am not considering waiting for a change in circumstances cos I don't know what could change; I am married with four kids, been at my job for close to 12 years, recently got a promotion, been to over eight countries..my first degree wasn't even in Nigeria.
My husband isn't keen on travelling and I can't handle four kids on a vacation, hence my decision to travel with my 19 year old baby only
transcript:
Me: I want to visit places such as Empire state building , statue of liberty, American museum of natural history which is very close to my hotel...
Me: No..visited thrice( I realised that I didn't give her the passport that had the exit stamp for the last UK visit)
All these while I had to pace in a bid to pacify my baby who wanted to run around..
I just feel I had an unsympathetic VO... but oh well..I need to see what America looks like..
Sorry about the denial, these things happens
I only feel she taught you lived in UK and as a result you want to live in US too, since your are going with only your 19 year old child. She also asked where is your husband, she's expected to see a whole family with 3 other kids
If I was the VO, I may think like like dt too, that you "broke up with your husband"and you intend to migrate with your 19 year old child just to spite him, go again with the whole family.. Talk to your hubby
And you will give God thanks.. .....may opinion is open to criticism sha...... sad sad

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:50am On Sep 11, 2017
Sebastine1606:

I only feel she taught you lived in UK and as a result you want to live in US too, since your are going with only your 19 year old child. She also asked where is your husband, she's expected to see a whole family with 3 other kids
If I was the VO, I may think like like dt too, that you "broke up with your husband"and you intend to migrate with your 19 year old child just to spite him, go again with the whole family.. Talk to your hubby
And you will give God thanks.. .....may opinion is open to criticism sha...... sad sad

Sorry for the typographical errors.. ...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=60329512]DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GO TO A PLACE THAT'S JUST BEEN AFFECTED BY A HURRICANE ?

[/quote
Laughs, the guy wantu face the hurricane. ...he's an angel,sanctified to stop the hurricane
@ Bigabbey22, na who dey alive go enjoy US oh
angry angry angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 10:39am On Sep 11, 2017
pls how do i update my passport number on my profile ,I could see i can change other info such as expire date but CANT change the passport number please how do i go about it ....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by svelteseun(f): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2017
Hello, pls help a sister out, biko.. I graduated last year and I already applied for my masters program starting by Nov, I applied for a tourism visa to US, my interview is on the 21st and my father is the sponsor tho, I just want to know if my masters program is a strong tie.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2017
svelteseun:
Hello, pls help a sister out, biko.. I graduated last year and I already applied for my masters program starting by Nov, I applied for a tourism visa to US, my interview is on the 21st and my father is the sponsor tho, I just want to know if my masters program is a strong tie.
lol.. Check student thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2017
james87871:
pls how do i update my passport number on my profile ,I could see i can change other info such as expire date but CANT change the passport number please how do i go about it ....
Call/ write the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2017
svelteseun:
I can't say cos I'm no VO. However I'll ask you to go through the thread and see examples of ties. If out of all that, all you have is a Master's program that can be abandoned...
Create a pro and con list and weigh yourself . It's better for one to self evaluate and not depend on people 's opinion

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2017
svelteseun:
Sir /Ma, 64k no easy this period to throw away oh.. ...the country is hard, although we are out of recession and "no job "....
Think am ooh sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Thanks for your observation.. I have never spent more than two weeks in the UK..I had a notarized consent letter from my husband..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=LadyGuinivere post=60334178]@pushy sorry dear
You are one of the few people that I say this to.
Reapply immediately. Cover the short comings you mentioned. Go to town with that space in the ds 160 asking why you were refused. State all the above and include why you feel you weren't adjudged fairly[/quote
I appreciate the empathy, I feel same way too.. However, I m considering applying without my daughter.. Would it make sense?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2017
pushy8:

Thanks for your observation.. I have never spent more than two weeks in the UK..I had a notarized consent letter from my husband..
I strongly feel your pain,though some VOs are like dt "vexed VOs" especially women... ...have seen a male VO asking a woman who came with her infant child alone, and he asked severally with pity on his face if she had even travelled before, I bet if the womam had said she has been to Ghana, she would have been approved.... Because from my observation, he really liked her
Anyway, that's by the way, apply with the your whole family, get the visa and your husband may choose not to fly with you.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by svelteseun(f): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

I can't say cos I'm no VO. However I'll ask you to go through the thread and see examples of ties. If out of all that, all you have is a Master's program that can be abandoned...
Create a pro and con list and weigh yourself . It's better for one to self evaluate and not depend on people 's opinion
OK, thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2017
Thanks I will check online for their contact
LadyGuinivere:

Call/ write the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2017
Your scenario is so unfortunate, I also got denied last week Thursday and I'm considering reapplying. Your case is one that call for immediate re-application but checking when your leave starts and the possible earliest appointment date cause I strongly doubt if there's a date for October anymore
pushy8:
transcript:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pushy8: 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
donhay:
Your scenario is so unfortunate, I also got denied last week Thursday and I'm considering reapplying. Your case is one that call for immediate re-application but checking when your leave starts and the possible earliest appointment date cause I strongly doubt if there's a date for October anymore
Mine was on Thursday too, Abuja. Can you share your transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by metatron60: 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2017
On my application for a B1/B2 visa, I intend to visit New York for tourism, but I booked a hotel in Newark,NJ which is about 50mins away from some of the tourist sites I wish to visit and 1hr 5mins away from JFK airport. Is it out of place to stay in a hotel away from the main city I am visiting?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
metatron60:
On my application for a B1/B2 visa, I intend to visit New York for tourism, but I booked a hotel in Newark,NJ which is about 50mins away from some of the tourist sites I wish to visit and 1hr 5mins away from JFK airport. Is it out of place to stay in a hotel away from the main city I am visiting?
Some people live in NJ and work in NY. The burden is on you to research. Be prepared with movement routes/ trains etc. You can even extend your area of sight seeing to Philadelphia. You can get there by bus /train. Everything's dependent on you. Every thing is on the net. So if the question even remotely comes up your know the various ways your can get from NJ to Manhattan AND also the possible sights in NJ

@pushy the answer to your question depends on your daughter's ties. I prefer if issues are dealt with logically and not " try a try b approach " if you feel her ties aren't strong now then reapply alone. For you I feel (IMO) that you have good ties
Edit: if your child is 19 months not Years then your can reapply with her
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2017
I did on same Thursday..mine was in lagos
pushy8:

Mine was on Thursday too, Abuja. Can you share your transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2017
Bigabbey22:
Which part of Houston? Although the flooding did not affect everywhere in Houston, this is my advice.. if you're visiting a family/friend who're not affected by the flood you can visit Houston but if you're going for tourism please don't bother going there.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2017
pushy8:

Quite unfortunate but we're all learning I know you made a mistake with 19yrs old instead of 19 months old baby.
I think you should reapply just like LadyG advice and also don't take things for granted... Anybody can be denied so try to listen carefully and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge.
God luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2017
[quote author=pushy8 post=60345840][/quote]
Another thing I have a feeling you're a bit harsh with your baby maybe that was why they refused you... Just saying I maybe wrong.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tlofty05: 3:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Hello house,I will like to know the implication of traveling to the point of entry 3 weeks earlier than date written on my ds-160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:48am On Sep 12, 2017
tlofty05:
Hello house,I will like to know the implication of traveling to the point of entry 3 weeks earlier than date written on my ds-160
What's the implication of not keeping to your words

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by james87871: 5:42am On Sep 12, 2017
Denied family visa fill FL Orlando ( Disney world for the kids ) but I want to apply alone for vacation to New York . Hope there won't be problem changing the state

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.