Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! (526 Views)

GLO Deductions: Isn't this Day Light Robbery? / Has Any One Witnessed Such A Day Light Robbery From Any Network Provider? / MTN Broad Day Light ROBBERY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
Yesterday evening, I loaded 1000 Naira airtime on my phone with the hope of using it for my BlackBerry subscription. I went out to answer a neighbour's call and came back 5 minutes later. I was full of smiles that I was about subscribing since I had some important and urgent mails to send. Each time I sent the subscription code, I kept receiving messages that my credit balance was not enough to activate the subscription. I checked my account balance and found out I had 950 Naira left; I became furious because this was not the first or second time such day-light robbery would be happening!!!

I quickly called their customer care and requested to speak with a representative. I told the rep what transpired and he told me that he had already deactivated it; that the 50 Naira was deducted from my account for callertunes subscription!!! If I may ask, is it by force to get MTN callertunes? They have automatically gotten me subscribed several times without my consent! I would opt out but yet, they keep subscribing my line to this callertune of a stuff which I don't even need or like in the first place! On daily basis, MTN forces customers to subscribe to many of their services that are not needed by majority of folks!

The Nigerian government and its regulatory agencies seem to be very non-challant about how and ways these existing network providers in Nigeria carry out their businesses! I bet you, things like these will not happen in Lebanon or Latvia!!!

I am looking forward to the day where we would have network providers that do not defraud customers nor rob them black and blue!!!

The latest way MTN defrauds customers now is by sending them a particular type of message that doesn't go to your 'message inbox' but will be displayed on your screen. If your finger mistakenly touches the 'OK' button on your phone, that's it!!! They will collect 50 Naira from you for one annoying service or the other!!!

Is NCC a sleeping body or extinct!!!?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
They saw your nairaland moniker and thought: "He probably likes music and has a tonne of money, so why not!"

4 Likes

Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by Rapmoney(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2015
RickRichards:
They saw your nairaland moniker and thought: "He probably likes music and has a tonne of money, so why not!"
Lol! Guy, you too funny cheesy

3 Likes

Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by henribj(m): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2015
uhm i heard there is an NCC toll free line, you should try calling and complaining about this to them.
Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by dkronicle(m): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2015
Lols dat 'ok' tin makes me mad cos I lov middle button
Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by Whizpeter(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2015
Shebi na MTN, na their way jawe...
Re: MTN Callertunes: Day-light Robbery In Disguise!!! by ceezah: 7:41am On Oct 11, 2015
Op it is a lie, if you have complained once, MTN never subscribes you again. I just think you have itchy fingers to try out one or two enticing MTN caller tone promos, especially when they promise you that it's free, you jump in and after the first free one month, when they deduct 50 naira, you come here and start crying.
Op, plz in Francis Odega's voice: gerrarra hia! U know what am saying

(1) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Samsung Tablet-tv?? Picx / Iphone 6S Has Problem Apple Won't Discuss / Glo NG increased Their N1000 DataBundle From 1.2GB to 1.5GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.