Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! (3163 Views)

Pls And Pls Never Compare Tecno Phones With Iphone Or Samsung / How To Root Tecno H6. Help Please! / Nokia 32gb Dstv Mobile Uk Used For Sale Or Swap With Iphone 3gs 32gb. Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 11:29pm On Apr 27, 2009
http://www.quickpwn.com/2009/01/downgrade-firmware-221-to-22.html

Here is how you can downgrade from firmware 2.2.1 to 2.2:

* Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and select your iPhone from the list of devices in iTunes. If things had gone horribly wrong while hacking your iPhone and iTunes does not detect your iPhone then you will need to put it in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode.

o You can follow these steps to put your iPhone in DFU mode (this is required only if iTunes does not recognize your iPhone):
+ Connect your iPhone to your computer.
+ Turn iPhone off.
+ Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
+ Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
+ A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.

* In the Summary Tab, Hold down Option and press the “Restore” button. If you are using Windows hold down Shift and press the Restore button. (This is an important step as just pressing the “Restore” button will result in restoring your iPhone with the latest firmware which is firmware 2.2 currently, by holding down Option in case of Mac or Shift in case of Windows, allows you choose the firmware file that you want to downgrade to.)

After restoring download QuickPWN from http://www.quickpwn.com/downloads and use it to jailbreak your firmware 2.2.

The info above is from the quickpwn site, if it does not work for u, search for it on google there are lot of ways to downgrade. Critics are welcome they tell you go can make it better in a different way.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2009
Pardon my English, But honestly we are here to help out not to make money, anybody using iphone or ipod touch needs to learn to unlock and jailbreak itself because most times the firmware do crash. if you pay to unlock today will you pay again, l thank you all for your comments but l do not support the use of abusive language, let stop it we are all responsible adults here.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by ExInferis(m): 1:54am On Apr 28, 2009
@Turawafett

your efforts are commendable.

the need to downgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.2 is mostly on account of the 3G software unlock known as yellowsn0w. this unlock method requires only the 2.2 baseband (ie 02-28-00) to work and nothing else. upgrading from 2.2 to 2.2.1 on the 3G updates the 02-28-00 baseband to 02-30-03 which is incompatible with yellowsn0w.

clearly anyone wishing to use their phone on any unauthorized network who have upgraded to 2.2.1 MUST downgrade, where possible, to 2.2 (or at least downgrade only the baseband from 02.30 to 02.28).

your method above describes downgrading FOR THE IPHONE CLASSIC. in the original (non-3G) iphone the baseband remains the same across 2.x.x (ie 2.0 to 2.2.1). this baseband is 04-05-04_G. therefore on whatever firmware from 2.0 through to 2.2.1 downgrading is possible and is easy because the baseband remains the same.

however the issue here is downgrading the baseband from 02.30.03 to 02.28.00 on the iphone 3G. downgrading from a higher baseband to a lower one is difficult across almost any device range.

just try downgrading the firmware of NICs say from gigabit ethernet to 10/100 Base T. (the BASE here refers to BASEBAND, the opposite of BROADBAND).

so, 2.2.1 software is downgradeable on iphone classic to 2.2 because only the software is downgraded, while on 3G its much more difficult because the baseband is involved.

hope this makes the issue clearer.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by ExInferis(m): 2:17am On Apr 28, 2009
turawafett:

For the mannerless here u don't have to use abusive words, Unlocking and jailbreaking are same method, i will post you the do its yourself link to you, the difference is you add bootlog to it during jailbreaking process, and you need to connect the iphone to internet to finished the unlocking in case of a 3g iphone.

the stuff in bold above is patently false. EPIC FAIL!!

if you mean they are the same, you are wrong. if you mean they are arrived at by the same method you are wrong. we have said this before.

jailbreaking is freeing up the filesystem with admin privileges. unlocking is modifying or spoofing the baseband to get network service.

Bootneuter unlocks 2G iphone, yellowsn0w "unlocks" 3G. i put unlock in quotes because the 3G unlock is not full unlock. it uses an injection vector running on something similar to Backgrounder to deliver its payload which initializes and runs on boot time. the baseband remains completely unmodified with its seczone intact.

turawafett:

For the mannerless here u don't have to use abusive words

im guessing you are referring to Logica and I with the above. well, anyone posting wrong info is fair game.

you included.

mannerless?

hark!!

"in this world of vainly missions

im the god of superstition

would you cope for my existence?

would you last or cease persistence?

im the moon and the seventh dreamer

you're the hewn and a lost redeemer

heaven works for a welkin at dusk

but you're the frail outcast

sit and recall the fragments of a broken life

just like a shattered soul divine

you are the treason-reflecting eyes

you are the darkness that sets in every light

you are the scavenger of the dreamless night,

a token of murdered sleep

but I

am the arrow

the shaft that dispels

your horror."

Liberati tu te me ex inferis (means "save yourself from hell"wink

-Sirenia on the Wane Revisited
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 8:35am On Apr 28, 2009
Quote from: turawafett on April 26, 2009, 07:51 AM
www.quickpwn.com go there and download quick pwn its jail break 2.2.1 and even 3.0 filmware u can reach me on turawafetty@yahoo.com

Quote from: turawafett on Yesterday at 01:55:15 AM
U do not need a technician to unlock and jailbreak it iPhone, u can do it itself all u need is the filmware which you already have, and the jailbreak software, go to www.ipodtouchfans.com u get all the info u need, click on the iPhone section u get d latest info,

He needs an unlock, not a jailbreak, idiot.
And for the love of mike, it's 'firmware' not 'filmware'.

Quote from: turawafett on Yesterday at 01:55:15 AM
I'm always annoyed with people on this site, most times they want money for information.

How many of the people who replied the OP have demanded for money?

The word mannerless was used to caution the person was use the word idiot nothing more, so Ex Inferis read thru the post, meanwhile thanks.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2009
Go to www.ipodtouchfans.com click on iphone you will get the step to step on how to downgrade baseband, there are lot of people out there with similar problem use the site l bet you will get result, l jailbreak my brother's 2g ipod touch using a software l download from the site.
Information from the site says you can downgrade using cydia, just check the thread out is for both iphone and ipod users.

http://www.megaleecher.net/pHaseBanDowngrader_iPhone_Baseband_Downgrader

http://rapidshare.com/files/221543278/phasebandowngrader.zip

all this links l got fro www.ipodtouchfans.com go there and l believe your problem will be solve.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2009
Another method from the site.
Install Minicom from Cydia, then follow these instructions,

1. After installing Minicom from Cydia, make sure the folder /usr/etc exists. SSH into your iPhone and then, type: minicom -s
2. Now, select Serial Port Setup in the Menu and press Enter. Then, press "a" and set Serial Device to /dev/tty.debug. press enter.
3. Press Esc, and in the Main Menu, select Save setup as dfl. Now, select "exit".
4. To run minicom using ssh, just run minicom -w
5. To get the bb version type at+xgendata
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by texazzpete(m): 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2009
@turawafett
I can see that you mean well, so apologies for calling you can idiot. However, even though your heart is in the right place, you must see that you're only giving the OP false hope by insisting his problem will certainly be solved by downgrading and jailbreaking.

it won't.

@OP
Apparently some *SIM solutions work on 2.2.1, you might be best served trying out that angle.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by turawafett(f): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
Apologies to all, we are here to help each other.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by ExInferis(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
turawafett:

Apologies to all, we are here to help each other.

so we are, so we are.

but then, a "help" that suggests using minicom to create a serial connection is more difficult than SSH, especially with all that CLI messing. BB version is obtainable via ABOUT in settings.

i guess its better to just SSH with Tunnel Suite or WinSCP (Putty on Mac).
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by jules123(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
well well well, I'm so very grateful for all your reasonable contributions and most especially the matured manners you guys finally resolved the hullabaloo that was about to tear my post to pieces. Lovely people, lovely contributions but on the nutshell i think i just have to sit and wait till a solution will finally come by. But at the time be i will have to sit and enjoy other use of the phone. Thanks a lot and God blesses to you all. Cheers!!! smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by blinx4real(m): 12:14am On Jun 07, 2009
Pls where can I get a rebel sim in nigeria? it is rquired urgently for my iPhone 3G, I was able to successfully jailbreak it but can't unlock because is a 2.3 base band and 6.0 bootloader phone
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by blinx4real(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2009
//
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by blinx4real(m): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2009
//
Pls where can I get a rebel sim in nigeria? it is rquired urgently for my iPhone 3G, I was able to successfully jailbreak it but can't unlock because is a 2.3 base band and 6.0 bootloader phone
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by favouronum: 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2009
my brother do you know that you can browse the internet free of charge 24hrs with a foreign ip on your iphone.you can call me and let me show you how.this is my number 08063683819
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by blinx4real(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2009
Guy, browsing isn't the issue here, what i need is a sim adaptor to enable me make calls.
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by Nobody: 9:23am On May 30, 2010
I am a noob @ dis, please i need help with iPhone 3g,

After installing/jailbreak with a Subl1me iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_NonActivated_NonUnlocked_Custom_Restore I downloaded it from the internet cause I was bored with my iPhone since it had no interesting features installed in it, now I believe my iPhone is Jailbroken but I cant seem to unlock my iPhone i need help it shows me the iTunes and usb logo screen please i need your help, what do I do from here??

How to unlock it

I need an unlocking tool that will support my mtn nigeria sim

I tried blackrain it unlocks the phone and it has so many interesting application even cycoder which supports video recording but there is no network anymore all Nigeria sim carrier would not work, please i need help I don't know how to install thru cydia cos no network to even download, There must be a way out please I need an angel to post a walkthru on how to go about this,

thanks

1 love Nairaland
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by blinx4real(m): 3:56pm On May 31, 2010
Before you do anything to your phone, pls go thru these 2 sites, they are the authority on iPhone Jb and Unlocking, I take their advice more seriously than anything anyone else can tell you on any other site.

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/iphone/index.php

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
Re: Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! by Kajona: 5:58pm On Aug 21, 2011
If you wandered to unlock the iphone mobile , make use of this site http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/unlock-your-phone/rs2wp2/ & unlock your mobile .They are reliable and provide good customer support service.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nomu S30 - Water Proof/dust Proof/shatter Proof Smartphone / Budding Nigerian Comedienne; Chigurl Shows Off Her Latest Smartphone(photos) / The Finger Print Scanner Of This Phone Can Snap Pictures Too. See Spook Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.