Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (52501 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jollyjoy:
where u hide sincei don search search,ur wife say u go venuscheesy
Not been in good mood jare..

Besides, work has been exhausting my energy
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
profojah:
Not been in good mood jare..
Besides, work has been exhausting my energy
goodevening...
Pele ooo.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jollyjoy:
goodevening...

Pele ooo.
Thanks dearie..

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 27, 2015
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
That Deewho and Migwo sounds like Igbo Ndewo and Mmingwo.
What's the relationship between Igbo and Urhobo?

Is Mmingwo an Igbo greeting? If yes, what part(s) use it?

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by GooseBaba: 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
Akpobaro:
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom

Bros you still dey sell this bad market... grin

Any oral history, folklore, songs or teachings from your tribe pertaining to your claim.. ? Without quoting the Bible.. grin
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Ihuomadinihu: 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Radoillo:

Is Mmingwo an Igbo greeting? If yes, what part(s) use it?
I didn't say Mmingwo is an igbo greeting. It's a word play: Mmingwo(palm wine-Owerri dialect) and Migwo.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

I didn't say Mmingwo is an igbo greeting. It's a word play: Mmingwo(palm wine-Owerri dialect) and Migwo.

The spelling may be similar but I don't think the pronunciation is the same. Mingwo is pronounced like this : meeeegwor
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by kkon(m): 5:20am On Nov 25, 2015
prisiluv:
hehe...yea I did! Inside my great grand father's house...lol...I ran up D stairs nd refused 2com down....dey say it does'nt hurt..Yea right! tell dat 2my adrenaline...I ran lyk hell...dey say its dier father M scared of it o..
grin grin grin same thing happened to me o. It was damn scary....my gran dad said it came to greet me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by strongetower: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2015
2climbi:
it's a greeting urhobo wadoo meaning urhobo welldone oo
pls i want to know the meaning of my name eyeregba
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by luckysay(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Please for the purpose of history and setting records right for the future. I wish to advise all my Urhobo brothers to be more intellectually sound. They should always get their facts before commenting. Am not insulting anyone at this time but I feel I have the right to defend who I am. Isoko which is my tribe is not an Urhobo language. Isoko is Isoko and if I may say, it is even more proper to say Urhobo is a sub-language of Isoko. Erhowa in Isoko is the oldest clan in the Isoko and Urhobo region. All other clans (isoko/Urhobo) came to meet them there. I don't know where this my Urhobo brothers got the impression that Isoko language is a part of Urhobo language and they broke off. There have been no time in history when Isoko was ruled under Urhobo or what ever.
Isokos are senior to Urhobos in terms of when they arrived. We have always been independent from the Urhobos or any other tribe right from time. The only time we were called Urhobo and Isoko fought agaist it is when the colonial masters grouped Isoko under the Eastern Urhobo division for administrative purposes. We were all under the Warri division before this development.
Please desist from mis-informing people.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by luckysay(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2016
For the sake of correcting all this misinformation by some people who did not have facts before rushing to inform the public wrongly. Isoko is not part of Urhobo and it cannot be a dialet of Urhobo. Rather, Urhobo should be called a Dialet of Isoko. Isokos are seniors to Urhobos in talking about time of arrival and migration. Apart from Olomo an Isoko town that migrated from Olomu an Urhobo town, no other Isoko town migrated from Urhobo. But Okpe people of Urhobo migrated from Okpe-Isoko (check Okpe Urhobo history). Effurun in Urhobo land is said to migrate frm Erowha in Isoko, Kokori (ukoko Irri) in Urhobo land migrated from Irri in Isoko land, this to mention a few. Erowha in Isoko land (translated in Bini as "far from home"wink is an ancient town. All the clans in Urhobo and Isoko confirmed that they met Erowha in its present lacation wen they arrived.
With the above stated, what makes Isoko to be an Urhobo dialet? The people of Isoko were never called Urhobo until when for administrative purposes under the Western region then, Awolowo grouped Isoko and some part of Urhobo as Western Urhobo Division from the colonial masters Warri division. Otobo and other Isokos fought and Isoko LGA was later created.
Please stop mis informing people about your superiority message of Isoko as a sub group of Urhobo.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
luckysay:
For the sake of correcting all this misinformation by some people who did not have facts before rushing to inform the public wrongly. Isoko is not part of Urhobo and it cannot be a dialet of Urhobo. Rather, Urhobo should be called a Dialet of Isoko. Isokos are seniors to Urhobos in talking about time of arrival and migration. Apart from Olomo an Isoko town that migrated from Olomu an Urhobo town, no other Isoko town migrated from Urhobo. But Okpe people of Urhobo migrated from Okpe-Isoko (check Okpe Urhobo history). Effurun in Urhobo land is said to migrate frm Erowha in Isoko, Kokori (ukoko Irri) in Urhobo land migrated from Irri in Isoko land, this to mention a few. Erowha in Isoko land (translated in Bini as "far from home"wink is an ancient town. All the clans in Urhobo and Isoko confirmed that they met Erowha in its present lacation wen they arrived.
With the above stated, what makes Isoko to be an Urhobo dialet? The people of Isoko were never called Urhobo until when for administrative purposes under the Western region then, Awolowo grouped Isoko and some part of Urhobo as Western Urhobo Division from the colonial masters Warri division. Otobo and other Isokos fought and Isoko LGA was later created.
Please stop mis informing people about your superiority message of Isoko as a sub group of Urhobo.
Thank you.

Suit yourself! cheesy. The point has been made and whether or not you agree, it doesn't change anything.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Wealthy15(f): 10:36pm On Feb 17, 2016
Urhobo vwado,nice rite up,you tried;it's not easy because we are big small ethnic group,Urhobo ovuovo.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by luckysay(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
The worst illitrate is he who thinks he knows and refuse to learn and he don't know anything in reality. He will remain ignorant and die as one.
I wish to us this medium to challenge my fellow Urhobo brothers, let us go into intellectual debate on the issue of Isoko and Urhobo relationship. Thank God we are in a technology age where informations are not far fetched.
It will remain a shame if these people still continue with this misinformation without going back to reseach and correct their wrongs. I will see it as lack of knowledge and understanding. If they are sincere, let them go and study their own written urhobo history and Isoko history. They will be better informed. They are all online. Google and see.
Thank you.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by blessingono1: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
Urhobo wadoo!
Make ona check this out o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUi_V6ItmVk
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by darfay: 1:17am On Nov 18, 2018
fratermathy:

Suit yourself! cheesy. The point has been made and whether or not you agree, it doesn't change anything.

You are very funny. The over half a million still see themselves as ISOKO and not urhobo, so I wonder what point you are making
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by darfay: 1:21am On Nov 18, 2018
scholes0:

I think isoko should be an Urhobo dialect.
let's not deceive ourselves here

You this ignorant Yoruba bastard. What do you know about both languages in question?make God punish you and the 3 idiots that liked your rotten post.

I think Yoruba is an igala dialect while the fugitive oduduwa was a run away bini prince
Let's not deceive ourselves here
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by scholes0(m): 4:04am On Nov 18, 2018
darfay:

You this ignorant Yoruba bastard. What do you know about both languages in question?make God punish you and the 3 idiots that liked your rotten post.

I think Yoruba is an igala dialect while the fugitive oduduwa was a run away bini prince
Let's not deceive ourselves here

You think you are abusing me, Na your papa for house you dey follow talk. Oloriburuku somebody. grin
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by darfay: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
scholes0:

You think you are abusing me,well you are right fast, Na my useless papa for house you dey follow talk. dat man na Oloriburuku somebody. grin

Fixed
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by scholes0(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
darfay:

Fixed

Lol, igabo wayo man wey no get kobo sense for head.
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by darfay: 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
scholes0:

Lol, igabo wayo man wey no get kobo sense for head.

Lol
Boss no mind my outburst jare, abeg for next time sake,it not safe to draw conclusions like that
Re: The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just beastly!! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Hairstyles In Picture / Flogging Competition In Ipetu-Ijesha, Osun State (Photos & Video) / Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.