Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves (34379 Views)

Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / Muhammad-a Selfish Prophet Who Used God As An Excuse To Justify His Greed / Did White Christians Use The Bible To Justify Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by babyfaceafrica: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2015
Nice one bro...may God bless you
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2015
I use that drink wine verse grin
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Bring God's money - tithe.
Lmao

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by eddybillfm: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Different people read the bible with different mindset... God bless.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by cathodekazim: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2015
I blame Buhari for this
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Emmytech1(m): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2015
Abeg no misinterpret d bible
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by obiak4(m): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2015
Number 5 so so true
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Singingbae(m): 11:49am On Oct 11, 2015
mta003:
No 3 so true..........someone even quoted a bible verse for me backing up his point on drinking alcohol.
PM you already
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by prideofscience: 11:49am On Oct 11, 2015
INSHA ALLAH

Cos every tin na by grace
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ilo04(m): 11:55am On Oct 11, 2015
give Caesar what belong to Caesar"
people misuse am dis day

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by MrImole: 11:57am On Oct 11, 2015
Number 3 na error o.

You can use alcohol to cure your ailment plus,
It's not a sin to drink, it was never mentioned in the bible that taking alcohol is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ChappyChase: 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
INTROVERT:
Enusmith I disagree strongly on the first one. Even your posting this topic is by the grace of God tongue tongue tongue
You didn't get it, what the op is trying to say is that people now use the "grace of God" to give excuse.. Some asks you if you can help him do something and you say "by his grace" and you won't do it...

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by emir99(m): 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
;Dfunny but it d truth
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by VISTIN(m): 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
laurenziz6:

[size=20pt]WEEVIN DA GREAT[/size]

Proudly STC (second to comment) grin

I can't read your comment. What's your contribution that made the STC?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
Give what is ceasar's 2 ceasar. They do say this 2 justify doing fetish things or rituals. Ignorance reigns in dere blood.

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by INTROVERT(f): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2015
ChappyChase:

You didn't get it, what the op is trying to say is that people now use the "grace of God" to give excuse.. Some asks you if you can help him do something and you say "by his grace" and you won't do it...

Thanks
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
Singingbae:
PM you already
For?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nature129(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2015
Trash
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Callmemike(m): 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
mta003:
No 3 so true..........someone even quoted a bible verse for me backing up his point on drinking alcohol.

Where is alcohol usage, not drunkenness, condemned in the bible? And can you define WINE as set forth in the bible?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Timijo(m): 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yomieluv:
bible DON make some people kolo.

imagine some justifying alcohol cos David played "Harp "to Solomon when he's possessed by the evil spirit.
It was Saul not Solomon.

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Iamvictor(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2015
confused op! are you trying to make joke out of the scriptures or u wanna people against using the scriptures for fun?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by jesussaves22: 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
emusmith:
Scriptures people use wrongly to justify themselves

Thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ for His mercy.
Many at times, we use these Scriptures as we joke around or out of ignorance but God isn't too mad at us, I pray cheesy

If you grew up in a church environment like me, you will definitely hear most of these;

1. By the Grace of God

These days, that phrase has lost his meaning. See:
A: Are you coming today?
B: By His grace.
A: Oh boy, try come abeg! Money dey wait for you.
B: ohhh! When make I come? I dey come now sef!
A: The money na by the Grace you go take collect am.

So many, insulting the Grace of God anyhow sha.
It's like saying, No! Is the Grace not enough again?

2. Silver and gold have I none, such as I have... Or My Widow's mite

Somebody go come your party or house, make him give Big. He'll say, "Let's give our widow's mite". Oga, you ain't a widow, c'mon! A widower gives Big! Unless your widow's mite beat my expectation o!

3. Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach

Hmm! I'm sure you've either heard or used that. Besides, Timo had a stomach ish as a teenager. Do you have a stomach problem?

4. Man shall not live by bread alone...you can add beans or rice.

When they want do all manner of food combination and misappropriation! Wetin I dey speak gan?

5. God rested after making man and other animals BUT after making woman, He hasn't rested till now!

Haha! This one sha! E get as e get! lipsrsealed

6. Solomon had many wives; 700 housewives, 300 side chicks.

No please, 700 wives, 300 concubines. Besides, he was a king. In those days, kings do it as we even see today. Side chicks aren't allowed in marriage.

7. I love fair ladies because Abraham loved fair women, Isaac the same, Jacob served 14 years for one and even David too...Who am I? Hope na there e end?

Hope your affection is only towards the fairness and not on the other sides?

8. Seeing a heavily endowed girl and saying, "Sister, you are Wonderfully and Fearfully made" God, took 6 days to make only you!

Okay, toasting lines in a coded format. The message is passed.

9. It is well, even in the well

Yea, I use this but with an understanding. Some use it just to end their statements or dodge a very vital question: Who took this money? He says, it's well. It is not o...after you pay back, it will be well.

Christianity is fun joor FROM Atlanta to Ajegunle...
Hope to see you in church tomorrow...Happy Sunday Y'all cheesy

Live, Love and Laugh grin

You can add more...
Judge not so you will not be judged.... This is after they have committed atrocities .

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by phameous: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
ernesty20:
Not funny..

Modified* in other news, today is my birthday.. Wish me something

SOMETHING..
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ernesty20(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
phameous:

SOMETHING..
lol thank u thocheesy
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by phameous: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2015
ernesty20:
lol thank u thocheesy

Oya hapi-bufdae to u.. smiley n many more fruitful years ahead.
Hope d cake is ready...
Have fun.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Emmahunk(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
In those days when I used to smoke, trust me to quickly quote for any adviser " it's not what entereth a man that killeth him but what cometh out of him"
Lord have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by daveP(m): 1:30pm On Oct 11, 2015
emusmith:
The judging part...you really hit the nail
its really disappointing. I think the crew are MTN(everywhere you go)
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ernesty20(m): 1:33pm On Oct 11, 2015
phameous:

Oya hapi-bufdae to u.. smiley n many more fruitful years ahead. Hope d cake is ready... Have fun.
thanks dear..
As for the cake, yes it is ready.. Come and celebrate with mewink

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by VickyRotex(f): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
emusmith:

Haha@ the Lord dwells there, how?

He's EVERYWHERE! smiley
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Adaeze003(f): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
Actually, God created every living thing including woman in 6 days. And rested on the seventh.

When people say otherwise I do wonder what version of the creation they read. Or maybe it's a joke?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Kenyan Pastor Demolishes Church After Catching His Wife Kissing His Assistant / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.