Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves (34377 Views)

Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / Muhammad-a Selfish Prophet Who Used God As An Excuse To Justify His Greed / Did White Christians Use The Bible To Justify Slavery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
ClassCaptain:
" Before God and Man "

" The Holy Spirit spoke to me "

" No Weapon fashioned against ""

@ The Holy Spirit spoke to me; when they want to toast a sister grin

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Adaeze003:
Actually, God created every living thing including woman in 6 days. And rested on the seventh.

When people say otherwise I do wonder what version of the creation they read. Or maybe it's a joke?
I guess they were joking... smiley

Happy sunday
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Nice one bro...may God bless you
God bless you too! Shalom!
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by smuth(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
daveP:
A) The 'Judge not, so you wont be judged' crew. I smh@ them cos they hide very comfortably behind this verse. Need i remind that Paul commanded blindness on that elymas? The 'judge' this crew claim however is that you should mind your own business.

'abi na you holy pass?' is the phrase they use to win their case.

B) old things have passed away, all things become new.

The 'new testament' crew use this passage to so much prove that the old testament is 'highly' irrelevant. Their Pastors are usually the source for this stance, i've observed. Its so viral that to read about the endtime in Daniel's account or why God hates sin (the prophets are proof). But e sweet them to use Elijah's Mt Carmel duel to spark 'Holy exhilaration' amongst members. Devil dey writhe in pains of mockery!

C) Peter's vision at Simon the Tanner's Rooftop. 'what God has cleansed, let no man call unclean'. Many use it to justify why they must eat any thing that has flesh. From lizard to bats... Smh. Peter explained this vision in the presence of Cornelius, but as usual, the 'a' part of a verse, scripture is taken for misuse, and the 'b' part is cut out. Babylon(confusion)!! grin

"A) The 'Judge not, so you wont be judged' crew. I smh@ them cos they hide very comfortably behind this verse. Need i remind that Paul commanded blindness on that elymas? The 'judge' this crew claim however is that you should mind your own business"

God is the supreme and ultimate judge, in Paul's case it was an error of judgement, Paul is not the only man of God that erred in the bible, picking this verse to defend your views is pointless because even Paul himself just as everyone will be judged by God, so who is now the ultimate Judge that cannot be judged? God of course... Please don't go round a circle, it is an endless and needless circle.

You can read this helpful article:

https://www.nairaland.com/2657784/what-does-bible-mean-not

Shalom.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Singingbae(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
mta003:
For?
U're in ilorin right?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by smuth(m): 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
"A) The 'Judge not, so you wont be judged' crew. I smh@ them cos they hide very comfortably behind this verse. Need i remind that Paul commanded blindness on that elymas? The 'judge' this crew claim however is that you should mind your own business"

God is the supreme and ultimate judge, in Paul's case it was an error of judgement, Paul is not the only man of God that erred in the bible, picking this verse to defend your views is pointless because even Paul himself just as everyone will be judged by God, so who is now the ultimate Judge that cannot be judged? God of course... Please don't go round a circle, it is an endless and needless circle.

Shalom.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by chomytex(f): 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
Something
ernesty20:
Not funny..
Modified* in other news, today is my birthday.. Wish me something
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by franugo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
If i talk now, una go say i dey insultive, so make i reserve my comment..
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by smuth(m): 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2015
emusmith:
The judging part...you really hit the nail

God is the supreme and ultimate judge, in Paul's case it was an error of judgement, Paul is not the only man of God that erred in the bible, picking this verse to defend your views is pointless because even Paul himself just as everyone will be judge by God, so who is now the ultimate Judge that cannot be judged? God of course... Please don't go round a circle, it is an endless and needless circle.

Shalom.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by daveP(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
smuth:

A) The 'Judge not, so you wont be judged' crew. I smh@ them cos they hide very comfortably behind this verse. Need i remind that Paul commanded blindness on that elymas? The 'judge' this crew claim however is that you should mind your own business.

'abi na you holy pass?' is the phrase they use to win their case.

God is the supreme and ultimate judge, in Paul's case it was an error of judgement, Paul is not the only man of God that erred in the bible, picking this verse to defend your views is pointless because even Paul himself just as everyone will be judge by God, so who is now the ultimate Judge that cannot be judged? God of course... Please don't go round a circle, it is an endless and needless circle.

Shalom

ah. Error ke? shocked you call that error? (chuckles) Why? You even opened a thread to that fault? Pls read Acts 13 v 7-12 before you do the unthinkable.

Someone was filled with the Holy Spirit that instant and you call it error( error that converted a whole gov'nor)hehheehe....... Shalom.

Besides the 'judge' term im referring to should be understood in its context. I expect you've met them around, using it to cloud their evil, indecent, ungodly deeds.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ernesty20(m): 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
chomytex:
Something
chomytex:
Something
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2015
ernesty20:
Not funny..

Modified* in other news, today is my birthday.. Wish me something

SOMETHING
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ernesty20(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
sweetpies:

SOMETHING
all these ladies typing "something" sef
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by ernesty20(m): 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
sweetpies:

SOMETHING
all these ladies typing "something" sef
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Adaeze003(f): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2015
emusmith:
I guess they were joking... smiley

Happy sunday

Happy Sunday... smiley
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
Adaeze003:
Actually, God created every living thing including woman in 6 days. And rested on the seventh.

When people say otherwise I do wonder what version of the creation they read. Or maybe it's a joke?
You believe that?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by smuth(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
daveP:
ah. Error ke? shocked you call that error? (chuckles) Why? You even opened a thread to that fault? Pls read Acts 13 v 7-12 before you do the unthinkable.

Someone was filled with the Holy Spirit that instant and you call it error( error that converted a whole gov'nor)hehheehe....... Shalom.

Besides the 'judge' term im referring to should be understood in its context. I expect you've met them around, using it to cloud their evil, indecent, ungodly deeds.

[b]You sound spiritually immature to discuss matters concerning the Holy Spirit, To be filled with the Holy Spirit doesn't prevent you from falling into temptation, the Holy Spirit only guides you through your spirit, It is now left to your soul to either agree or disagree before conditioning your body to obey or not to obey. Case study: when Jesus was in the wilderness, despite fasting and being filled with the Holy Spirit didnt prevent him to be tempted by the devil, infact the temptation did not just come once but three times. So my brother do not look at the actions or character of the men of God as a yard stick to act same instead rely on the words of God and be lead by the Holy Spirit.

Would you chose the actions of Paul as against the actions of Jesus Christ? Knowing well that some men of God erred in bible, this is just to point to the fact that we humans are not perfect, If Jesus can be tempted three times who then is Paul to not be tempted or make error of judgement.

Shalom.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by smuth(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
daveP:

A ministering spirit can also perform signs and wonders at a particular time to deceive even the saints to believe it is from God. This is why testing the spirit is important to know if your action is ordered by God's Holy Spirit or by an Evil Spirit. Don't be moved by signs and wonders thinking every miracle is from God. The bible tells us - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12.

Jesus himself is not exception from temptations talk less his disciplines.

Another way you can look at is If God puts a power is in your tongue and out of anger you lay a curse on someone then you later realised you have gone too far with your actions. Would you now blame God or blame it on your lack of anger management?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Adaeze003(f): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

You believe that?

That's what the bible says... so yeah. got a better version?
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2015
Adaeze003:

That's what the bible says... so yeah. got a better version?
Chill.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
Adaeze003:

Happy Sunday... smiley

Pretty smiles
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by rotwailler(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Bring God's money - tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by shumuel(m): 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
Emusmith
6. Solomon had many wives; 700
housewives, 300 side chicks.
No please, 700 wives, 300 concubines.
Besides, he was a king . In those days, kings do it as we even see today. Side chicks aren't allowed in marriage.

hmm, if you are trying to prove your point with the @bolded to Nigerians, they will quote the Bible telling you they are Sons of a king, meaning they are kings also, even the ''Ye are Gods'' part
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by Amujale(m): 4:22am On Dec 26, 2019
The Christian bible is fake, false and counterintuitive.
Re: Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves by urchcoded(m): 10:13am On Dec 26, 2019
The Bible is a book people use to justify what they like and condemn what they hate.

Uche Nwabugwu, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Kenyan Pastor Demolishes Church After Catching His Wife Kissing His Assistant / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.