Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App (1447 Views)

How To Send SMS Using Asp.net/vb.net / Fingerprint Authentication In Vb.net Application / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by dejisys(m): 11:06am On Oct 10, 2006
Hi Guys,

Would it not be cool if your application can send SMS to mobile phones? If you think about it, you would see many practical scenarios where this would really help. Am sure some of ya may already have such implemented.

The good news is that, now a Nigerian Bulk SMS company (www.smslive247.com) is offering this possibility. All you really need to do is download their ActiveX Dll, include it in your VB app, write 3 lines of code, and thats it! Of course, you may decide to get more complex, as the dll exposes an array of methods you can call for different purposes.

check here:
http://www.smslive247.com/bulksms/?cmd=_developers

You can also add SMS to your website via HTTP GET/POST, or Webservices

N.B. You need to register on their website (free SMS available) and buy credits from them (as low as 4.10k)
Re: How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by naijafan(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
u telling or advertising?!
Re: How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by rock2(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2006
hmmm, so what happens when you want to send SMS and you don't have an internet connection?
Re: How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by naijafan(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2006
i guess you are on your own in that regard.
Re: How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by rock2(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2006
Not really! you can use my .NET SMS library to do that. All you need is a gsm modem or alternatively connect your cell phone to your serial port and WHOLA!. send SMS to anywhere provided you have credits or free SMS.
Re: How To Add Sms Capabilities To Your Vb App by naijafan(m): 9:26am On Oct 20, 2006
Yeah, i know. I wrote a library for that myself last year/this year in C. but dejisys was obviously referring to using http calls. u just need an internet connection to do that. u get?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get The Best Programming School( Abroad)???????????????????????????? / Book "Graph Theory And Its Applications By Jonathan L Gross ..." For Sale / Top 10 Javascript Frameworks In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.