Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,203 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now (982 Views)

Southern Kaduna Will Join Biafra If Nigeria Breaks Up – John Danfulani / Anambra Election Will Hold If Nigeria Is Restructured Before October 1 - Kanu / See Wat Fashola Told GEJ When There Was Oil Slump+Hike In Fuel Price In 2014(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by pinardave: 12:21am On Oct 12, 2015
Since the past 9 months, I have been trveling back and forth to USA, as at February, the price of gallon of fuel which is called gas in USA was around 3.49/gallon, but since the fall in the global oil prices, the prices keep dropping on daily basis, as i am talking to you now, a price of gallon is hovering around 1.6 to 1.8 dollars/gallon. Why is it that our own Nigerian govt refused to comply their prices with the global oil price fall...Is Buhari not aware of this or are they trying to continue creating hardship for Nigerian people.
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by Koleman(m): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2015
Drop in de rice of oil did not start today. As matter of fact it started about 1 year ago. And world prices of oil doesn't translate to domestic prices. Infact it will only do de direct opposite. Lower prices of crude means lesser incomes to govt. And lesser incomes to govts means lesser money for subsidies and lesser money for subsidies means subsidy removal and subsidy removal means higher domestic prices! Now if a govt decides to crash de prices of its domestic oil it simply means de govt is ready to sacrifice more funds to paying subsidies. But another very importane factor dat can lead to domestic oil price fall is if domestic refineries come back online. It means reduced cost of production and subsequently fall in prices. I think your post is like a critique to de earlier post about fuel now #57naira. So here's ur answer. Fuel is not like any other commodity. After water and food na fuel i swear. So the normal laws of demand and supply will not work in all cases. It can only work de international markets and also complete and perfect capitalist markets like de Usa.
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by Damalex4luv(m): 12:37am On Oct 12, 2015
Koleman:
Drop in de rice of oil did not start today. As matter of fact it started about 1 year ago. And world prices of oil doesn't translate to domestic prices. Infact it will only do de direct opposite. Lower prices of crude means lesser incomes to govt. And lesser incomes to govts means lesser money for subsidies and lesser money for subsidies means subsidy removal and subsidy removal means higher domestic prices!
Two Idiota are above me
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by Koleman(m): 12:43am On Oct 12, 2015
Damalex4luv:
Two Idiota are above me
i just de look you like pork.
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by DaBullIT(m): 4:29am On Oct 12, 2015
pinardave:
the price of gallon of fuel which is called gas in USA was around 3.49/gallon, but since the fall in the global oil prices, the prices keep dropping on daily basis, as i am talking to you now, a price of gallon is hovering around 1.6 to 1.8 dollars/gallon. Why is it that our own Nigerian govt refused to comply their prices with the global oil price fall...Is Buhari not aware of this or are they trying to continue creating hardship for Nigerian people.

First, i do not need to know how often you traveled

Second, US economy is sustainable , they depend on Electricity , Nuclear and thermal/ solar sources of power for industries and automobiles

Third, USA does not export crude for refining else where

For these reasons and more, you can't compare how much gas is sold in USA with that of Nigeria

Thank you
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by DanG1(m): 4:50am On Oct 12, 2015
pinardave:
Since the past 9 months, I have been trveling back and forth to USA, as at February, the price of gallon of fuel which is called gas in USA was around 3.49/gallon, but since the fall in the global oil prices, the prices keep dropping on daily basis, as i am talking to you now, a price of gallon is hovering around 1.6 to 1.8 dollars/gallon. Why is it that our own Nigerian govt refused to comply their prices with the global oil price fall...Is Buhari not aware of this or are they trying to continue creating hardship for Nigerian people.

USA is a major buyer of Crude oil from major producing countries, so it is logical that when the Prices of Oil drops then definitely the domestic prices will also fall. Nigeria is a crude Oil selling country, when world prices fall, it means income from crude is reduced. We also import refined products of which is not affected by Crude Oil Price, so please there is really no point from comparing these two markets for now
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by kingcharlesD(m): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
All what you said isn't an excuse for federal govt of Nigeria not to have reduce the price of crude oil.
Did america said we should not diversify our economy ?
Did america said we should not source for other ways to acquire power/energy.
Its because our so called leader fails to plan, and they lack vision to serve.
So if the crude oil price drops down globally, nothing stops Nigeria govt from bringing the finished or refined product down . Failure to do so means the Nigeria govt lacks transparency, integrity, to its citizens.

Second, US economy is sustainable , they depend on Electricity , Nuclear and thermal/ solar sources of power for industries and automobiles

For these reasons and more, you can't compare how much gas is sold in USA with that of Nigeria

Thank you [/quote]
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by Yanks101: 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

Thank you
I know you would never be this rational under jonathan.
I am sure if i comb your post history, i would find where you were asking for very low pump price under the jonathan govt.
Re: If Nigeria Is Not A Fraud, Fuel Price Should Be Below 5o Naira By Now by DaBullIT(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2015
Yanks101:
I know you would never be this rational under jonathan.
I am sure if i comb your post history, i would find where you were asking for very low pump price under the jonathan govt.

Comb away

(1) (Reply)

Bayo Shittu (barr), A Ministerial Nominee Antagonised Upon / Why Buhari May Remove Amaechi From Ministerial Nominees. / ‘Would Yoruba elders have threatened to secede if Falae’s kidnappers were Igbo ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.