Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

News Highlights Focused On Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News Highlights Focused On Southeast (2698 Views)

Their Terror Plan On Southeast / Lai Mohammed: "Girls Focused On Olamide Badoo And Ignored Me" (Video) / Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 3:15am On Oct 12, 2015
We hardly get news and reports of events on the ground in SE. Nairaland is aware and alert to everything going on in West.

As a patriotic Nigerian I am offering my time out of kind heart and generosity to balance news reporting so we can know what goes on everywhere and be more united in our bond as fellow countrymen and women.

I will be probing around South East looking for news on sports, education, politics, technology, economy, commerce and so on and so forth....

If you agree with me vote by hitting the like button, if not abstain from voting.

22 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 12, 2015
In my early days here, I use to do that but later I just felt it wasn't necessary.If its a negative news, you can get as much as 8 mentions from biassfran e-warriors in 5 minutes lol .How many people you wan reply especially when they know you're a hardcore yoruba. Once they see your moniker, they will turn it to tribal bashing cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Orjioorji(f): 3:42am On Oct 12, 2015
just be truthful and sincere in your reportage that's all.

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by scholes0(m): 4:06am On Oct 12, 2015
It was the same during general elections.
the region was totally closed off...
Even the North had live updates/pictures/tweets etc coming in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 12, 2015
scholes0:
It was the same during general elections.
the region was totally closed off...
Even the North had live updates/pictures/tweets etc coming in.

Professor i never received any message ooo. se ko si?
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Iykopee(m): 4:25am On Oct 12, 2015
The yorubastards have started again. The igbo man is always battle ready for u fools.

18 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 5:32am On Oct 12, 2015
Iykopee:
The yorubastards have started again. The igbo man is always battle ready for u fools.

What's going on, you don't want me to air news about your region? Why are you bitter over my initiative?

9 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Masterclass32: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2015
Well, mayor, I suggest u beam your searchlight towards the North-East. There's just too much going on there. Or even north west.

The south-east is NOT too keen on the great mayor's attention right now. Will never be. smiley

5 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 5:58am On Oct 12, 2015
Masterclass32:
Well, mayor, I suggest u beam your searchlight towards the North-East. There's just too much going on there. Or even north west.

The south-east is NOT too keen on the great mayor's attention right now. Will never be. smiley

NE and SW are over killed with daily, and even hourly news stories. Why go to Sokoto, when what I need is right here in sokoto? SE is my fellow Southerner, my own brother gaan. cool

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by FKO81(m): 5:58am On Oct 12, 2015
Iykopee:
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 6:02am On Oct 12, 2015
In Business News from Abia, a commercial contract to the tune of #150,000 went sour between parties.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/woman-sells-grandchild-for-n150000-in-abia-state.html

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 12, 2015
MayorofLagos:
We hardly get news and reports of events on the ground in SE. Nairaland is aware and alert to everything going on in West.

As a patriotic Nigerian I am offering my time out of kind heart and generosity to balance news reporting so we can know what goes on everywhere and be more united in our bond as fellow countrymen and women.

I will be probing around South East looking for news on sports, education, politics, technology, economy, commerce and so on and so forth....

If you agree with me vote by hitting the like button, if not abstain from voting.
go to the threads for enugu, anambra, imo and Abia and see latest news from the East. Most times, nairaland mods don't put news from the East on front page

Eg:

investnow2013:
Anambra State govt. set to construct over 10,000 housing estates

The State government says it plans to commence the construction of ten thousand affordable housing units in each of the three senatorial districts of the Anambra State.
Disclosing this to the ABS in Awka, the Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Frank-Emeka Offor, said a team of Irish Investors who would execute the projects are already in the state to sign a memorandum of understanding, MOU, with the state government.
Mr. Offor called on communities in the three Senatorial districts to donate land for the project, pointing out that increased interest of foreign investors in the state was due to the security initiative of the Governor Obiano led-administration as well as its liberal socio-economic development policies.
He also said that in line with the policy of the present state government to continue, complete and commission projects inherited from previous administrations, the Ministry of Housing would sustain and enhance basic infrastructure in government sponsored housing estates across the state, as well start new ones.
Mr. Offor further said that serious efforts are being made toward rapid completion of the hotel and shopping mall complexes in Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Masterclass32: 6:10am On Oct 12, 2015
MayorofLagos:
In Business News from Abia, a commercial contract to the tune of #150,000 went sour between parties.

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/woman-sells-grandchild-for-n150000-in-abia-state.html

Wow. Your intentions are very good, at least judging from the first report u just gave us.

That's why told u not to bother playing journalist on the south east.

Whoever heard of a 'mayor-journalist'?
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by omoelesa(m): 6:18am On Oct 12, 2015
Abegi,what is special about SE to be reported.

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
SOS from Abia, one of the member states in a region that tagged itself the "Dubai of Africa".

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/why-fg-should-intervene-in-abia-state/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 3:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
From Anambra, can you believe this, MASSOB members thrown in jail? For what

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/fake-dsp-43-massob-members-arrested-in-anambra/
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by wytecat: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2015
cheesy @ Op, this is highly commendable! grin grin
Always showing love to your neighbors.

4 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by wytecat: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
A lot!
As everyone in SE's attention, soul and mind is on SW, we have to bring the love of SE back to the heart of it's people. Just as Pat Utomi said recently, this is one way we can decongest the SW that has become a mecca of some sort to Ibos and showcase it to the ndibo who would rather live in hell than iboland that home sweet home no matter how bad it is.

omoelesa:
Abegi,what is special about SE to be reported.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
wytecat:
A lot!
As everyone in SE's attention, soul and mind is on SW, we have to bring the love of SE back to the heart of it's people. Just as Pat Utomi said recently, this is one way we can decongest the SW that has become a mecca of some sort to Ibos and showcase it to the ndibo who would rather live in hell than iboland that home sweet home no matter how bad it is.

Lol. Im sure they threw insults at Utomi after that.

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Education matters from Ebonyi State.

...there are no adequate classroom, school laboratories and conveniences for both teachers and students. As a result, both students and their lectures adopt the bush-method, according to one of the lecturers, Mr. Daniel Itumo.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/ebonyi-school-of-health-where-students-study-in-uncompleted-building/

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by wordcat(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:

NE and SW are over killed with daily, and even hourly news stories. Why go to Sokoto, when what I need is right here in sokoto? SE is my fellow Southerner, my own brother gaan. cool

Northerners are your real brothers not the Easterners.

5 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by MayorofLagos(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
wordcat:

Northerners are your real brothers not the Easterners.

Sharrap!!

Wetin concern Yoruba and tsetse flies?
Ewu! angry

1 Like

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by tonychristopher: 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Why don't you focus on news from ilesan okitipupa and hinterland of ife et al

East loves simplicity and they hate sophistication

I know you very well...you wil present negative news

So forget it ...you have to be on the field that's you have to go to east

2 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by Gh0stFreak: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2015
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by PedroJP(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Envy. I told dis same mayoroflagos he should be ashamed of himself commenting on Igbo matters whom his grandparents toook all their wealth shared amongst them made policies against Igbos to have them succeed and become sthing in life. All these efforts wasted like water poured on a stone as today they envy these Igbos Nationwide whom are acclaimed one of the special tribes on Earth.

5 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by PedroJP(m): 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
Yorubas with their religious brothers Fulanis were lent money to acquire companies while at same time Igbos are beengiving less of what they laboured for, just to have Igbos as the most impoverished tribe in Nigeria. Thank God for nature, as it upheld and still upholds the belief that hardwork pays. Beggars plates are sold highest in the North and some part of West as it can never be stopped today, the record of civil servants almost starved to death and turned to beggars is held by West.

7 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by PedroJP(m): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Is it not a shame that after all Yoruba/fulanis did against the Igbo, the situation now should be Igbos trying to call on Yoruba/fulani for help in developments, aides, human developments etc. but dat is not the case. We have a shameful situation for them Yoruba/fulani competing with Igbos who is more developed, successful and educated( though the fulanis are out of the question), yet cannot even strongly stand and say we are same or equal in all more or less topping Igbos. Wat a shame !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by mightyhaze: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
:oPedro take it easy on ojoro of lagos n his herds. Perhaps u want som grown ass men cryin n contemplatin otapia pia ds evnin.y not let dese joobless peeps jerk off on ds silly n less dan altruistic thread of dias 2nyt in bliss?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by tonychristopher: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:

We don't have brotherhood with you . pls don't forget that.

We are just compatriots that's all. For the time being

We have enough journalists

Forget it

Biko

2 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by wytecat: 2:53am On Oct 14, 2015
Of course!
MayorofLagos:

Lol. Im sure they threw insults at Utomi after that.
Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by freez2ryme(m): 4:06am On Oct 14, 2015
D fact dat igbos has achieved
Despite d 20 Naira and Economic sabotage
Civil war and what ave u

Makes other tribes jittery

Dey r like

We stole their money

We made sure dre was no FG presence dre

We confiscated dre properties

We killed them

Yet 45 years later luk were they re

Who knows where dey will be in d next 40years to come

They will swallow us, definitely.

So let's try nd slow dem dwn a bit.

3 Likes

Re: News Highlights Focused On Southeast by FKO81(m): 4:15am On Oct 14, 2015
News updates
Four men who allegedly disguised as prophets but had in their possession human body parts were Tuesday paraded by the Oyo State police at the Eleyele Command, Ibadan. According to the police Commissioner Mr Leye Oyebade, the four suspected were ritualists arrested with mutilated human body parts in their possession. While addressing newsmen, the CP said the alleged criminals were arrested in an uncompleted building at Owode area of the state, where according to him, information had been rife that criminals were usually gathering at the place. The Commissioner said that one of the suspects, Odetunde Jacob, who allegedly confessed to the crime told the police that they had killed someone (name withheld) at Ogbomoso area of the state. “The suspects who all disguised as prophets have confessed to the crime,” the CP said. Four men were also paraded for alleged involvement in fraudulent act. The CP said the suspects claimed that they were major distributors of Cadbury products in Ibadan, but that they duped the complainant, Mrs Funke Lawal, of a sum of N1.2 million. Our Correspondent Related articles Copyright 2014 New Telegraph / All rights reserved. Mourinho tells reporter Four fake prophets arrested with human parts in Oyo

newtelegraphonline.com/four-fake-prophets-arrested-with-human-parts-in-oyo/

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exclusive Pictures Of President Buhari To Cross River State (photo) / Saraki’s Resignation Tears APC Senators Apart / Aisha, Wife Of Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari, Arrives In Washington DC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.