Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You (1987 Views)

Oyegun Formally Replies Tinubu: "Your Allegations Are Reckless And False" / Saraki Replies Sun Newspapers Over Allegations / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:06am On Oct 12, 2015
Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, on
Sunday, responded to a statement said to
have been issued by the National Leader of
his party, the ruling All Progressives
Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, where
he (Tinubu), while reacting to a recent
media report by a national daily (not
Vanguard), accused Saraki of crass
disloyalty to party discipline, giving the
manner he captured his current seat as
Senate President.
But in a swift reaction, Saraki who took to
his Facebook page, said he had seen the
statement said to be issued by Senator
Tinubu over the published story, but have
decided not to join issues with him.
Recall that on Saturday, the national daily
had in its publication alleged that the former
Lagos State governor, is reportedly angered
that the ministerial candidates he sent to
President Muhammadu Buhari didn’t scale
through.
The daily reported that Tinubu who was
visibly angry is said to have conspired with
Senator Bukola Saraki to thwart the
President Buhari-led administration, adding
that for this reason, the President had
ordered the security agencies to place
Tinubu under security surveillance.
While reacting on Sunday, in a statement
signed by his chief of staff and special
media adviser, Sunday Dare, Tinubu,
lambasted the daily, saying it took a sad
excursion from journalism into the realm of
gothic tales and political slander. Among other things, Tinubu affirmed that he
“remains glued to the party decision that the
manner by which Saraki captured his
current seat travestied party discipline. It
was a crass act of disloyalty showing that
Saraki may have joined the APC on paper
but has remained true to the malpractices
and wrong aims of the reactionary PDP in
his soul.”
Read Tinubu’s full statement here
SARAKI’S REACTION
Reacting however, Saraki said: “I saw the
statement said to be issued by Senator Bola
Ahmed Tinubu over a story published by a
national daily. I have decided not to join
issues with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
However, I know that most Nigerians are
aware that there has been no meeting or
communication between me and Asiwaju
Tinubu since I was elected Senate President.
“Therefore, I do not see any basis for a
newspaper to report that we are both
plotting to oppose the President. I recognise
Tinubu as one of the leaders of the APC who
contributed so much to the victory of the
party in the last election. Some other people
also contributed and I believe the collective
efforts made it possible for the first time in
the history of our party for an opposition
party to win the general elections.
“Let me state clearly that I remain a
committed member of the APC and will do
all in my power to ensure the party fulfill its
promises to bring positive changes into the
country. Since my election as Senate
President, my focus and efforts have been
devoted to doing the job that I was elected
to do by my constituents and my colleagues
in the Senate. Twice, my colleagues have
confirmed their support for me as the
primus inter pares in the Senate.
“As I said in my speech when we resumed
from our recess late September and in
Ikenne yesterday (Saturday) the screening of
ministerial nominees will be handled by me
and my colleagues with all sense of
responsibility and in adherence to the
provision of the constitution.
“We will be fair to all and be guided by the
interest of Nigeria. The screening will be
devoid of sentiment and it is not an
opportunity for anybody to settle scores. We
are equally eager for us to make a positive
difference in our polity and Nigerians will be
able to judge us whether we acted in their
best interest or not,” added the Senate
President.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/saraki-replies-tinubu-ive-decided-not-to-join-issues-with-you/
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:06am On Oct 12, 2015
k

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Tinubu is already dying politically!! Saraki played a key role in his impending political demise!! There is no need replying a dying and desperate man.

Tinubu peleoo there is always a big difference between ludo you are so used to and the more complex game of chess

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by FreePath(m): 5:12am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Tinubu may seem irrelevant for now...... 2019 is around the corner
Like the Yoruba's will say 'ojulopesi ashiere logbagbe'
On the other hand... Saraki
How could he believe Baba.. Someone who has kept him at arm's length since he became SP.
Baba will simply use and dump him
He will still face the tribunal. He should enjoy the fun while it lasts..
No matter sarakis political shenanigans, he can never become a president in Nigeria
Hausa's will never support an half-bood Yoruba.
Saraki is only suffering from Megalomania

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:
Tinubu is already dying politically!! Saraki played a key role in his impending political demise!! There is no need replying a dying and desperate man.
Tinubu peleoo there is always a big difference between ludo you are so used to and the more complex game of chess
I agree with you, but not quite.
Tinubu is still much more relevant than saraki.
Tinubu still wields much power in the south-west.
Who is Saraki?
He's only suffering from megalomania
He's lost the control of his own base
He was stoned just last month..
No matter how hard saraki tries, his influence will never go beyond Ilorin. He can't go beyond the senate presidency...
He can keep attaching himself to the north... Hausas won't consider him for presidency
Not the Hausa's of Nigeria where those of the Northwest feels superior to those of the Northeast, how much more a man from Ilorin!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by nely(m): 5:25am On Oct 12, 2015
That's there problem, I want to solve my problem..
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by jcflex(m): 5:28am On Oct 12, 2015
make them continue, I have mine to face
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by trendphemmy(m): 5:35am On Oct 12, 2015
if dis is going to continue so Nigeria can develop, den I am cool with it

anyway, sanity has left the land
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by lincolnj88: 5:36am On Oct 12, 2015
No more jonathan to attack....
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 12, 2015
Kk
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by trendphemmy(m): 5:37am On Oct 12, 2015
if dis is going to continue so Nigeria can develop, den I am cool with it

anyway, sanity has left the land
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Aufbauh(m): 5:39am On Oct 12, 2015
On this matter, I know where Asiwaju Tinubu stands. He remains glued to the party decision that the manner by which Saraki captured his current seat travestied party discipline. It was a crass act of disloyalty showing that Saraki may have joined the APC on paper but has remained true to the malpractices and wrong aims of the reactionary PDP in his soul.
We are solidly behind Asiwaju on this matter. Saraki has shown that he's just a proponent of the 'change mantra' in word not in deed. Hence he'll be treated as an outcast until he retrace his steps.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by noeloge82(m): 5:42am On Oct 12, 2015
D story just begun d ring is set
ACTION"
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Junior66(m): 5:42am On Oct 12, 2015
Allright. The fight has finally started.
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 12, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Tinubu may seem irrelevant for now...... 2019 is around the corner
Like the Yoruba's will say 'ojulopesi ashiere logbagbe'
On the other hand... Saraki
How could he believe Baba.. Someone who has kept him at arm's length since he became SP.
Baba will simply use and dump him
He will still face the tribunal. He should enjoy the fun while it lasts..
No matter sarakis political shenanigans, he can never become a president in Nigeria
Hausa's will never support an half-bood Yoruba.
Saraki is only suffering from Megalomania

At least Saraki is Senate President, a position Tinubu is yet to attain and will never attain in his life!!

BTW Saraki does not need Buhari's blessing to continue been relevant in the scheme of things!!! As long as he still has the backing of majority of the senators, he would continue to be much more relevant than your local champion
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by harrysterol(m): 5:47am On Oct 12, 2015
just do ur job n finish the rest in prison
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by lorbah001(m): 5:48am On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
APC fighting APC since June 6,2015!!!
A house built on fraud will never stand!

Its expected brother, apc is made up of different arms of existing political parties so differences will certainly exist .... Tell me when pdp became stable after winning 1999 general election?
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by princemillla(m): 5:49am On Oct 12, 2015
Today bastard, may be soul saving tomorrow.....
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by LastSurvivor: 5:50am On Oct 12, 2015
Its all about Personal interest.. kill yourselves jare. who cares
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Godfullsam(m): 5:50am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Did u read the story? The answer is NO!

You glanced throuyh the topic, saw TINUBU, you quickly pick ur phone and began to write whatever comes ur mind.

Characteristics of a frustrated wailer undecided
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:51am On Oct 12, 2015
APC fighting APC since June 6,2015!!!

A house built on fraud will never stand!
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

At least Saraki is Senate President, a position Tinubu is yet to attain and will never attain in his life!!

BTW Saraki does not need Buhari's blessing to continue been relevant in the scheme of things!!! As long as he still has the backing of majority of the senators, he would continue to be much more relevant than your local champion

Tinubu installs people into positions not the other way round..
A man who install Governors in the Southwest..
It may seem like he's lost out in the game.... Its just for now
Its only a matter of time before he comes up with a bigger strategy for 2019
He's still so much behind the case against saraki

Backing you said?
I don't see anyway his cahoot will assist him in his tribunal.
He's still sitting on a keg of gun powder.
We have seen instances in the past where legislators get vote of confidence and they were impeached in the long run.
Either ways.. 'Saraki can't be the SP for 4 years'

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by lorbah001(m): 5:55am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

If a ludo game can bring him political success fvck the chess
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by mrking3(m): 6:03am On Oct 12, 2015
handsomeclouds:

I agree with you, but not quite.
Tinubu is still much more relevant than saraki.
Tinubu still wields much power in the south-west.
Who is Saraki?
He's only suffering from megalomania
He's lost the control of his own base
He was stoned just last month..
No matter how hard saraki tries, his influence will never go beyond Ilorin. He can't go beyond the senate presidency...
He can keep attaching himself to the north... Hausas won't consider him for presidency
Not the Hausa's of Nigeria where those of the Northwest feels superior to those of the Northeast, how much more a man from Ilorin!
bros stop yarning Trash! Saraki is the number 3 citizen of this country! Now tell me Tinubu's position or shut the "F" up! Tinubu's power and Influence ends in His bourdilion House. I'm not a fan of Saraki! Just happy with the Change in our body polity! The End justifies the Means!
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 12, 2015
mrking3:
bros stop yarning Trash! Saraki is the number 3 citizen of this country! Now tell me Tinubu's position or shut the "F" up! Tinubu's power and Influence ends in His bourdilion House. I'm not a fan of Saraki! Just happy with the Change in our body polity! The End justifies the Means!
your gutter grammar speaks a lot about your upbringing, must you use vulgar words?
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by ORACLE1975(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2015
Good one next page please
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:11am On Oct 12, 2015
lorbah001:

Its expected brother, apc is made up of different arms of existing political parties so differences will certainly exist .... Tell me when pdp became stable after winning 1999 general election?

The party will crash (just as PDP started to slide from 2007). The crash of APC has even started and will manifesy soon. The good news for the APC is that it will help them weed off the chaffs but the bad news is that it will cost them 2019.
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by disloman(m): 6:14am On Oct 12, 2015
chukwudi44:

Abobaku!Pls don't run when its time to bury Saraki politically oooooo.
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by disloman(m): 6:14am On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The party will crash (just as PDP started to slide from 2007). The crash of APC has even started and will manifesy soon. The good news for the APC is that it will help them weed off the chaffs but the bad news is that it will cost them 2019.
In your widest dream.
Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by ogaJona(m): 6:23am On Oct 12, 2015
a very matured reply to a drowning thief.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Replies Tinubu: I’ve Decided Not To Join Issues With You by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

keep dreaming, PDP is political dead, only God can revive it.

Tinubu is still relevant, he didn't expect what he saw,but trust him,he will laugh last.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics Of Kidnapped Expatriates By The Militants / Throwback Photo Of Yakubu Gowon's Babymama And Love Child / Current Economic Situation In Nigeria - [my Opinion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.