Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies (812 Views)

Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / Earliest Method Of Birth Control Spotted In The Bible (Cum on ground) / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by ALocoVivaVoce: 9:40am On Oct 12, 2015
Sometime last month on Linda Ikeji’s blog, I read a post saying that His Holiness Pope Francis grants Catholic priests the right to “forgive” women who have had abortions. Read the post here.

Before I proceed with today’s post, let me just say how naive and uninformed we Nigerians can be. As a blogger, how can you not research the accurate information before posting it for millions of people to see?

Fellow Catholics would have obviously caught this error in the post headline while non-Catholic’s will definitely misconstrue the headline for exactly what it says which is totally against what the Catholic church represents.

Just for clarification for non-Catholics, Reverend Fathers or Priests of the Catholic church DO NOT “forgive” sin. They merely ABSOLVE you of your sin meaning they set or declare (someone) free from blame, guilt, or responsibility by giving absolution and penance for (a sin).

Please do not be misinformed and do not get the wrong idea of the Catholic church. Only God can forgive sin. Catholic priests HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER be able “forgive” sin.

Today’s post does not entirely reprimand our Nigerian bloggers but rather it discusses some of the irregularity, incongruity and somewhat absurdity of the Catholic doctrine. I am a die hard, dedicated Catholic but even I sometimes question the doctrine the Catholic church teaches.

I am going to touch on the few mentioned in today’s topic one after the other.

Click on the link below to continue reading

http://alocovivavoce.com/2015/10/12/abortion-birth-control-sin-of-the-holy-spirit-the-catholic-church-anomalies/

1 Like

Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by PRINCESSO2: 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2015
The Catholics bow to images. Non-Catholics if you send your child to the Catholic boarding house,they might try to influence them to bow to images,pray to Mary etc.
Matthew 4
8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Here are the Catholic Ten Commandments:
1. I am the LORD your God. You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
THEY HAVE REMOVED THE SECOND COMMANDMENT
AND PUT COVET FOR BOTH NINE AND TEN COMMANDEMENT
THEY DID NOT PUT THIS PART Exodus 20:4
3"You shall have no other gods before Me.4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,…
I know the Catholics say that it is a status of Jesus or Mary but Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And as for praying to Mary-1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Also Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Remember Philippians 2
8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus even said in Matthew 12
47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. 48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? 49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! 50For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
Catholics listen John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me
You cannot get through God through any other means than Jesus.
And what with Purgatory- Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Plus, is the Catholic really the first church?
Acts 11:26
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
I think the early Christians were the true first Church.
Anyway they always pray the rosary over and over again-Matthew 6:7-But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
And is Mary really the Mother of God that they pray. She is the mother of The Lord Jesus But the Godhead existed since the very beginning.
John 8:58 -Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 1:1-In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14-And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
The Catholic church also has lot of traditions.
John 4:23-But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 -God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.►

You must be born again John 3-
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Everyone doing penance and such please take note the Bible says in Ephesians 2:8 -For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Also Ephesians 2:10-For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Plus I watched a video of someone who had a supernatural visitation and Mary was unhappy and said she was only a vessel.
Guys be careful of whoever appears to you like an apparition of Mary. Remember that 2 Corinthians
13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
Indeed 1 John 4:1 -Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Plus Matthew 23:9-And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.I think it might mean a spiritual father Like Father in Catholic Church
Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by Aizenosa(m): 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2015
Pls don't get it wrong, the church has always had a stand against the listed crimes above, the pope asked that priest grant absolution to these set of people because once you know you are not in a state of grace you cannot partake in the Eucharist which is the high point of the mass.

Also if u still go ahead and you have not be absorbed of your sins and you receive the Eucharist, u receive condemnation.

So on such grounds these people are like left out in mass. Hence, the pope asks that these people be brought back into communion with Christ and he asks priest to absorb them of their sins.
Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by ALocoVivaVoce: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2015
Aizenosa:
Pls don't get it wrong, the church has always had a stand against the listed crimes above, the pope asked that priest grant absolution to these set of people because once you know you are not in a state of grace you cannot partake in the Eucharist which is the high point of the mass.

Also if u still go ahead and you have not be absorbed of your sins and you receive the Eucharist, u receive condemnation.

So on such grounds these people are like left out in mass. Hence, the pope asks that these people be brought back into communion with Christ and he asks priest to absorb them of their sins.

I agree with you that they should be absorbed of their sins so they can partake in the eucharist but my point is that there shouldn't be that segregation in the first place so I'm glad he sorted that out and with time, I'm sure he will sort out the rest
Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by Ubenedictus(m): 11:37am On Oct 13, 2015
Syncan
Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by Syncan(m): 7:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
Ubenedictus:
Syncan

Thanks for the mention, so much misconception , a bit too busy for now. The OP needs to take his own pill and study more.
Re: Abortion, Birth Control, Sin Of The Holy Spirit – The Catholic Church anomalies by Ubenedictus(m): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2015
Syncan:

Thanks for the mention, so much misconception , a bit too busy for now. The OP needs to take his own pill and study more.

my keyboard is bad, i can' commen

(1) (Reply)

I Was So Amazed Not To See This News Headline On Nairaland!!! / Seriously Need Info About Ebube Muonso / The Epistles Of Jesus Christ And Abgarus King Of Edessa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.