Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? (1153 Views)

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" / Tiwa Savage Shades MTV Base's Top 20 Naija Tracks List 2017 / Lydia Forson: Producers Rejected & Body Shamed Me, But My Big Ass Won Me Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2015
While in the Studio last weekend,this issue came when one of the artists requested that the producer should not mention his name in the Track he produced for him as that would amount to advertising and that he will only allow the Producer's name to feature on the track ,if the producer reduces his fees.

He cited the example of foreign producers like Timbaland.Kanye west ,mikewillmade and others who dont go ranting their names on The tracks they produced because they have been fully paid for the production they made.

He lamented that it is at the artist's discretion to either feature his producer's name or otherwise on the album if the songs makes the album and most of the artistes in the studio supported his View.

Do you think the mentioning of Producers and Sound Engineers names in tracks does not reduce the quality of Our songs as well as exploiting the music artist ??
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by danbrowndmf(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2015
Iamsynord:
While in the Studio last weekend,this issue came when one of the artists requested that the producer should not mention his name in the Track he produced for him as that would amount to advertising and that he will only allow the Producer's name to feature on the track ,if the producer reduces his fees.

He cited the example of foreign producers like Timbaland.Kanye west ,mikewillmade and others who dont go ranting their names on The tracks they produced because they have been fully paid for the production they made.

He lamented that it is at the artist's discretion to either feature his producer's name or otherwise on the album if the songs makes the album and most of the artistes in the studio supported his View.

Do you think the mentioning of Producers and Sound Engineers names in tracks does not reduce the quality of Our songs as well as exploiting the music artist ??
Foreign producers have there own discount on per music they produce,even after paying them for the production,they still have discount on that song they produced for you as long as the song(s) is still trending.

In the other hand Nigerian producers have no discount after paying them off for the production, so i support Nigerian Producers to put there trademark on every songs they produce.

1 Like

Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by iamSi(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2015
What about " Mustard on the beat " one out of many

1 Like

Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by ClassCaptain(m): 11:27am On Oct 12, 2015
hmmn..
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 6:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
how dem go take chop if dem stop am ...

1 Like

Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by Adatob(m): 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
I THINK SO
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by hedonistic: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2015
Very interesting discussion, and I agree with you. However, I'm more concerned about a music video director (especially Clarence Peters) imprinting his name on every music video. It's so annoying considering that he is paid for his services. It's ridiculous to watch almost every Nigerian music video these days ending with 'A Clarence Peters Montage' boldly written across the screen.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by ellahzy(f): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Clarence Peters own is even good, Donjazzy makes sure that his name is mentioned (sang) at d beginning of each song... listen to Korede or Reekado's song....its really annoying,for crying out loud we know its ur production.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by ellahzy(f): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Clarence Peters own is even good, Donjazzy makes sure that his name is mentioned (sang) at d beginning of each song... listen to Korede or Reekado's song....its really annoying,for crying out loud we know its ur production.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by braskey: 12:13am On Oct 27, 2015
Don't know about you, but where I come from.. once you hear "It's Young John, the Wicked Producer!!" Better start dancing grin
Ohh yeah, they should mention their names.. because Nigerians didn't pay much attention to song producers.. I think it's recently we started doing so!
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 27, 2015
iamSi:
What about " Mustard on the beat " one out of many

True. But 4 every DJ Mustard and Mikewillmade dat announce their names on the track, there's always a Pharell, Timberland, Swizz Beatz & Dr Dre dat don't do it.

So 4 me it goes both ways.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by iamSi(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
Very true ... But I think I fall for the signature bro
shockwave91:

True. But 4 every DJ Mustard and Mikewillmade dat announce their names on the track, there's always a Pharell, Timberland, Swizz Beatz & Dr Dre dat don't do it.

So 4 me it goes both ways.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2015
iamSi:
Very true ... But I think I fall for the signature bro

to be honest, most producers nowadays signature their beats. Esp Hip-Hop producers. I don't know of any oda music genre dat does it as much as Hip-Hop.
Re: Should Producers Trademark Their Names On Artist Tracks ??? by iamSi(m): 12:17am On Oct 29, 2015
Lol ... U r very correct
shockwave91:

to be honest, most producers nowadays signature their beats. Esp Hip-Hop producers. I don't know of any oda music genre dat does it as much as Hip-Hop.

(1) (Reply)

IK Ogbonna’s Wife Looking Hot As They Step Out Together (photos) / Chinua Achebe And Nnamdi Azikiwe In Remembrance 16th November / When Your Hustling Brother Sends You $100 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.