Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

When Your Job Is Your Pain! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your Job Is Your Pain! (1737 Views)

Dear Jobseekers, What's Your Pain And How Can You Be Helped? / ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' / Getting A Job Is Hard In This Country Oo( ladies pls be careful) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Job Is Your Pain! by bxcode(m): 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2015
The craze about seeking for employment in Nigeria is quite on the rise as of recent because of the downturn being experienced in the economy. But having been opportuned to get an insight into the coporate world, people have actually neglected the truth about other aspect of employment of labor and the dignity in it. A lady that was recently sacked from our company told me in confidence that she had never felt the type of peace she has felt since being relieved of that job in recent times. I was taken aback with that statement because this was someone I called to encourage haven known her just within the short period I joined the firm. But the truth is that that's what most employees are facing today, workplaces that are filled with so much negative energies that nearly suffocates the workers and leaves them holding unto survival rather than enjoying their sweat. And the truth is that most job seekers don't consider theses things before they accept job offers only to resume work and start experiencing depression and downward flow of emotion. Some work environment are just full of spiteful and hypocritical bosses. They create this atmosphere of fear and squeeze their employees to the point that they only worry about losing their job. Is that job the source of your life? If you are being rubbished at your place of work stand up and say the truth and confront them in love and respect. Don't be earning mere thousands that cost you your happiness, joy and peace of mind. And to those seeking for employment by all means, pray and research properly on that firm aforehand and be ready for anything, anyday, anytime.
This is to all those who are not being appreciated and ridiculed at their place of work out of no reason. We will learn and be loyal but always stand for the truth, then someday we will get our own companies abd treat our employees better with respect and love.

3 Likes

Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by Talie2kiss(f): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2015
it is what am facing, sometimes i feel like quitting but if after quitting nothing comes up soon...

1 Like

Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by iyzeek(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2015
so true , same reason I left my job . my employer calls, not only me but most of his employees names . He uses words like , dog ,animal ,fool etc . He sacks without warning .

I was never happy on the job ,though I was employed as an administrative officer ; I spent most of my time working in the factory with process workers .

I didn't leave because of the ill treatment or words from from my employer but because I had little on nothing to gain from the organisation , I didn't even work with a computer for a day. hard unappreciated labour . sad one .
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by debbie(f): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2015
A lot of people go to work daily not because they enjoy it,but simply because the need the money. Many wake up without any zeal or energy to go top work.some work places are like a war zone,brutal employers and unpleasant experience. They canr just quit,the fear and uncertainty is what keeps them back.Many have been owed,treated harshly or even insulted .........yet they swallow it in shame. Some have families that depend on them,they come home sad.....but what can they do?
If you are one of them,hold on and don't quit in anger unless you have a better alternative.
God will put a smile on your face soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by timmyblast(m): 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
These is true, but in this country of ours, getting a job is a war not to talk of getting the right one. I just hope n pray I get a right job.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by LaurelP(m): 9:53pm On Oct 12, 2015
Sadly this is the situation that millions of workers have found themselves in Nigeria. People go through a lot of emotional trauma in the name of a job.
Had a boss who would threaten u with sack at the slightest mistake, verbally abusive.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by Teacup: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
Infact you guys have said it all. In my place of work my manager and the MD has no regard for human dignity. Is time to start planning for option B
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
I v experienced same tin... I had 2 back out coz am beginning to av low self esteem but I tank God I v peace of mind nw
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by bxcode(m): 10:54am On Oct 14, 2015
kween911:
I v experienced same tin... I had 2 back out coz am beginning to av low self esteem but I tank God I v peace of mind nw
The peace of mind is the most important thing my dear, once a job dosent offer that, it's either it's fixed or one quits.
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by bxcode(m): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2015
Teacup:
Infact you guys have said it all. In my place of work my manager and the MD has no regard for human dignity. Is time to start planning for option B
Lol @no regard for human dignity.. Just make your plans prayerfully and keep doing your job, nothing lasts for long.
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by bxcode(m): 10:58am On Oct 14, 2015
debbie:
A lot of people go to work daily not because they enjoy it,but simply because the need the money. Many wake up without any zeal or energy to go top work.some work places are like a war zone,brutal employers and unpleasant experience. They canr just quit,the fear and uncertainty is what keeps them back.Many have been owed,treated harshly or even insulted .........yet they swallow it in shame. Some have families that depend on them,they come home sad.....but what can they do?
If you are one of them,hold on and don't quit in anger unless you have a better alternative.
God will put a smile on your face soon
You said it all.
Re: When Your Job Is Your Pain! by obajoey(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2015
The most pained are the contract staffs in banks... they are ridiculed for every little thing....
They always say we are a team in the bank, but it only applies to the work for contract staff and when it comes to compensation that's when you know you are a contract staff..

There are people we should never forget in our lives;

* People who helped you in your difficult time.

* People who left you in your difficult times. And

* People who put you in difficult time.

The last point belongs to every individual who makes life difficult for every other persons.

But sometimes we experience this just to make a change when we have the power and resources to change it...

*it is well

(1) (Reply)

Workforce Banking Interview Invitation / Sunrose Management Trainee For Vigeo Holding Interview / How To Apply For Chevron Nigeria Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.