Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS - Culture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS (62091 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by chinology: 9:49am On Oct 14, 2015
Welcome back. How are you?

shady26:
there is no such thing as foremost King in Igboland or custodian of Igbo culture, we are igbos and should stop trying to fit in other peoples way of life into ours. Igbos are the only people that have an adage that says "when a god or deity begins to be troublesome and demand for too much blood, then they will show that god/deity the tree he was carved out from".now how do you colonize such a people or place them under servitude which even their own gods did not succeed in doing?The only one being the igbos owe all allegiance and submission to is the unseen deity they call CHIUKWU OR CHUKWU angry
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Pchidexy(m): 10:27am On Oct 14, 2015
AyakaDunukofia:

If you recall how the human psyche works, you wouldn't be disappointed. Why do we have some Igbo communities claiming Bini ancestry? The answer lies in the fact that human beings have this tendency to associate with or honor greatness, most times in an exaggerated manner. Onitsha royal stool has now become the custodian of Igbo culture. This is how it starts. But, fortunately, we are in the modern age. If not, this is the sort of rubbish that goes to become very controversial hundreds of years down the line.

I was born in Onitsha, grew up and went to school in the town. Part of my maternal ancestry is in the town even as i have numerous cousins of Onitsha descent. Having said this, it would be improper to assign to Onicha a history that does not belong to her, even the Obi himself will not accept such.

It is possible that people whose communities are on the periphery of Anambra state or outside it, and who are overly excited about the town, may equally want to cross her historical threshold. This is quite understandable grin

Nwanne, Onitsha is my home too as I was born and raised in Onitsha. Many people like making mountains out of mole hills. Btw Igboro ihe ewu na ata.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Abia1son: 11:35am On Oct 14, 2015
No state town or village is superior to other alaigbo bu ofu

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
ray78:

Is it not the interior igbo traders that have spoilt Onitsha city with their die-hard quest for wealth?To build mansion in village and drive big car?
Onitshans are noble and distinguished people who consider "buying and selling spare parts" and apprenticeship beneath them.
If Onitsha leaves Anambra state,half of the goodwill that Anambra enjoys today will be gone,considering the diplomacy that Onitshans are reknowed for from afar.

Nwokem,there is absolutely nothing noble about Onitsha. British people claim nobility yet they kill,destroy and stole from people to enrich themselves. Same with Onitsha,they they deceived,cheated and stole lands from Nkpor,Obosi and rest of the surrounding towns. Your people has being weaklings from the first day they ran away from the AGHA IDU N'OBA. It takes a very intelligent person to make a good trader and that Onicha man doesn't have. A lot of your people have tried the trade venture but ended bankrupt. I am full blooded Idenmili stud and I know the characteristics and mannerisms of an Onicha man. You talk down on Onicha traders out of jealousy and envy not because trading is deamening. You took the easier way which is to go to school and sit on a desk and make minimum salary,while an Nnewi man with secondary school education makes millions and your women runs after them. You eidiots used to claim to be more educated but today you are not even ten on the most educated Anambra towns....Agulu,Nanka,Oko,Awka,Ekwulobia,Ogidi,Ojoto,Nnewi,Obosi are all above you eidiots. What's left of you is anger and painment and your big mouth....lol. When somebody like me becomes a governor I will deal with your f.ools to the maximum. Infact,your Ofala will be like salaka! Again,I haven't met anybody from Onicha who will disrespect Odogwu Aroli!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by chinology: 1:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nwanne this outburst is totally uncalled for. Onitsha people are the foundation of education in Igboland and Nigeria at large. As at the time Zik went to America to study there was nobody from the East that has had a formal education. As a the time Chike Obi developed Femert Theory the larger Igbo population were still living in total darkness. As at the time Emeagwali developed the system that gave rise to the internet most people do not know what computer is. Onitsha people are the greatest asset to the Igbo-Nation. They were the first to see the Whiteman eye-ball to eye-ball in the whole of the Eastern region. They were the first people to have formal education in the whole of the Eastern region. Little wonder the first colleges in the Eastern Nigeria is in Onitsha- DMGS, CKC and QRC..these are the fathers and mothers of colleges in the Eastern Nigeria. Till today Onitsha people are still high fliers as the pathfinder of the Igbo race in all academic and professional fields.

OdenigboAroli:

Nwokem,there is absolutely nothing noble about Onitsha. British people claim nobility yet they kill,destroy and stole from people to enrich themselves. Same with Onitsha,they they deceived,cheated and stole lands from Nkpor,Obosi and rest of the surrounding towns. Your people has being weaklings from the first day they ran away from the AGHA IDU N'OBA. It takes a very intelligent person to make a good trader and that Onicha man doesn't have. A lot of your people have tried the trade venture but ended bankrupt. I am full blooded Idenmili stud and I know the characteristics and mannerisms of an Onicha man. You talk down on Onicha traders out of jealousy and envy not because trading is deamening. You took the easier way which is to go to school and sit on a desk and make minimum salary,while an Nnewi man with secondary school education makes millions and your women runs after them. You eidiots used to claim to be more educated but today you are not even ten on the most educated Anambra towns....Agulu,Nanka,Oko,Awka,Ekwulobia,Ogidi,Ojoto,Nnewi,Obosi are all above you eidiots. What's left of you is anger and painment and your big mouth....lol. When somebody like me becomes a governor I will deal with your f.ools to the maximum. Infact,your Ofala will be like salaka! Again,I haven't met anybody from Onicha who will disrespect Odogwu Aroli!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by shady26(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
AnamCity:
This is the most influential king in Igbo-land. He meets with his class at the top level. Below are the most powerful kings in Nigeria and by extension WA. Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe I hail you cool
while i respect your opinion, i think it is wrong infact it smirks of inferiority complex to grade an Igbo traditional ruler based on his recognition by other rulers in Nigeria. Based on your submission, all igbo traditional rulers including the obi himself are inferior to the sultan of sokoto, Oba of Lagos and OONI of ife etal since these ones have more public acclaim in Nigeria and even beyond.
I think a rulers greatness should be measured by the greatness of the people he rules not his recognition by other rulers........are we still tryingto define ourselves by the opinion of our neighbors?

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by shady26(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
chinology:

Welcome back. How are you?

Owelu obodo idujelum Chino,ikwusigo kwa igba foto ndi mmadu na anwu?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by shady26(m): 2:07pm On Oct 14, 2015
Abia1son:
No state town or village is superior to other alaigbo bu ofu
That is a strange culture igbos are gradually adopting from their neighbors. there is no such thing in the mind of a true igbo son as servitude, every man that can take care of his home without begging is igwe of his Obi;that is the true igbo ideology. The original Ezes were mostly priests.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Deltagiant: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
shady26:
while i respect your opinion, i think it is wrong infact it smirks of inferiority complex to grade an Igbo traditional ruler based on his recognition by other rulers in Nigeria. Based on your submission, all igbo traditional rulers including the obi himself are inferior to the sultan of sokoto, Oba of Lagos and OONI of ife etal since these ones have more public acclaim in Nigeria and even beyond.
I think a rulers greatness should be measured by the greatness of the people he rules not his recognition by other rulers........are we still tryingto define ourselves by the opinion of our neighbors?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
chinology:
Nwanne this outburst is totally uncalled for. Onitsha people are the foundation of education in Igboland and Nigeria at large. As at the time Zik went to America to study there was nobody from the East that have had a formal education. As a the time Chike Obi developed Femert Theory the larger Igbo population were still living on trees. As at the time Emeagwali developed the system that gave rise to the internet most people do not know what it computer. Onitsha people are the greatest asset to the Igbo-Nation. They were the first to see the Whiteman eye-ball to eye-ball in the whole of the Eastern region. They were the first people to have formal education in the whole of the Eastern region. Little wonder the first colleges in the Eastern Nigeria is in Onitsha- DMGS, CKC and QRC..these are the fathers and mothers of colleges in the Eastern Nigeria. Tiill today Onitsha people are still high fliers as the pathfinder of the Igbo race.

Guy,stop trying to be nice to these war refugees...We made these f.ools who they are.Everything they are and own belongs to us....land,culture,tradition,language is all ours on top of that we healed them and sheltered them only for nwa onye onicha to insult me. Guy ,it will not happen i, real life just on nairaland. ffucking ingrates.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by Pchidexy(m): 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,stop trying to be nice to these war refugees...We made these f.ools who they are.Everything they are and own belongs to us....land,culture,tradition,language is all ours on top of that we healed them and sheltered them only for nwa onye onicha to insult me. Guy ,it will not happen i, real life just on nairaland. ffucking ingrates.

This why some many of us here are pained when some ignorant peeps say that Obi of Onitsha is the king of Igbos. Bro, onwere ka odi na nti.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by chinology: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2015
Abagworo I am in Ph now, we entered late last night. The meeting at Genesis Place is for 2pm. Try let us meet and drink some champagne.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by qbijahro: 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
Onitsha ado n'idu

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS by MansaPiye: 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Now anybody with a heart full of hate and jealousy for the Igbos can visit a cyber cafe and type rubbish.
Someone said Efiks sold us as slaves because we couldn't organise ourselves? I'm sure they sold your brain too Ewu.
Slavery was big business at one point when Europreans wanted free labour, powerful men in the hinterland used violence to kidnap people then sold them to Riverline people who then resold them to the British. All powerful men from Obas in West, Emirs in North and warriors in the south all took part.
As for Igbos not being organised? Our political system was sophisticated. It was government by the people. The people give the ofo to a deserving priest or warrior to be their leader but because we are smart we refused to bow to one person like fools do, every man, young or old, rich or poor had a say in the affairs of state.
Eze Chima was a priest from Nri, he took his trade to Bini, after sometime in came back to Igbo land, his people gave him their ofo and he became not just a chief priest but a King. But being a true Igbo, he knew not to impose his family on the people so the King of Onitsha remains elected. Igbo haters can keep crying and making noise lol. Igbos from Onitsha won't even marry from Bini lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed / Jewels Of Africa Nairaland Heritage Fair / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.